Author Topic: Parasha Naso - Laws of Sotah, Nazir, & Priestly Blessing  (Read 1942 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Parasha Naso - Laws of Sotah, Nazir, & Priestly Blessing
« on: May 31, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »
This Shabbat we will be reading Parasha Naso in the book of Bamidbar.

This Parasha contains several important lessons including:

1) The Laws of Sotah (The suspected adultress)
2) The Laws of Nazir (A vow of abstinence from wine)
3) The Laws of the Priestly Blessing.

Here are some videos which explore these themes:

G-dCast discussion of the Laws of Sotah..

Rabbi Yakov Nagin discusses the Parasha (specifically the laws of Nazir)..

Rabbi Richman talks about the laws of Sotah...

About the laws of Sotah:

Rabbi Heschel Finmans short vort...

Torah in Ten's Rabbi Chaim Miller on the Portion...

And finally Rabbi Yitzak Ginsburgs talk on Teshuva...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Parasha Naso - Laws of Sotah, Nazir, & Priestly Blessing
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:27:22 PM »
Rabbi Shafiers wisdom on the Parasha...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:38:18 AM »
And to 'top it all off' let us learn about the Priestly Blessing...

I 'made a deal' with my Rabbi last night. He told me he would give me an Aliyah on Shabbat Torah reading. He will give me the aliyah with the priestly blessing...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 05:00:17 PM »
How to carry the yoke of heaven...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 12:16:25 AM »
Halachas of Birkat Kohanim:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 12:39:04 AM »
IsraelNationalNews personality Yishai Fleisher tells about blessings...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
I said to my Rabbi last week that I seek the blessing of Aliyah, when we receive a blessing for health and livelihood after before we return to our seat, and my Rabbi gave me the Aliyah containing the Priestly Blessing. It should be a blessing for us all..

Still can't get enough of this blessing...

!