Author Topic: Take your health seriously  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Take your health seriously
« on: November 11, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Take your health seriously
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »
Thanks Michelle! Just kidding, great video Ruby!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »
Thanks Michelle! Just kidding, great video Ruby!

lol! Thank you

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 10:30:31 PM »
Great video. Although I would advise to stay away from red meat.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
Great video. Although I would advise to stay away from red meat.

Red meat shouldn't make up a whole lot of your diet. However including some in your diet can be beneficial. It has more iron than chicken or fish and some saturated fat is needed for optimal health too. Organ meats like liver should also be eaten occasionally even though liver has a lot of cholesterol. I think as long as you aren't eating too much of any one thing then it will be all right.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 12:04:58 AM »
If I become vegetarian do I get the hot salad chick in the video? ;-)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »
Your advice is generally very good but one thing people need to realize is that there is no way to guarantee good health.  Sometimes people with excellent health habits have awful luck, like tennis player Arthur Ashe who was an excellent athlete and, as far as I know, a clean living person.  He had a heart attack in his thirties and then contracted AIDS through a blood transfusion.  I have met people in their 90s who drank and smoked all their lives.

In my own life, I used to run marathons, never smoked, had a decent diet, drank little if any alcohol, did not engage in gambling or most other vices.  This year I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.  While hopefully, it will not ruin my life it is certainly not something I expected.  The cause of it is not known, so if I did something to bring it about I have no idea what that is.  So in conclusion follow all the good advice but remember that life has no guarantees.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 03:48:23 AM »
If I become vegetarian do I get the hot salad chick in the video? ;-)

LOL!

Your advice is generally very good but one thing people need to realize is that there is no way to guarantee good health.  Sometimes people with excellent health habits have awful luck, like tennis player Arthur Ashe who was an excellent athlete and, as far as I know, a clean living person.  He had a heart attack in his thirties and then contracted AIDS through a blood transfusion.  I have met people in their 90s who drank and smoked all their lives.

There's no doubt that a lot of our health outcome is just down to good or bad genes or environmental factors that we
have little control over. There are a lot of babies for example that are born with syndromes or even get infected at birth
with things like AIDS.

However it's important to maximize your chances of staying healthy. This video is about what we
can control. We can control some of the risk factors, but obviously not all of them, and everyone does eventually die no
matter how healthy of a lifestyle they lead. However you want to be as healthy as you can for the longest duration you can and you want to live a long life so you can work longer to make it a better world for others and to do as many good things as possible.

Just because you can't guarantee a good outcome doesn't mean you shouldn't control what you can.

In my own life, I used to run marathons, never smoked, had a decent diet, drank little if any alcohol, did not engage in gambling or most other vices.  This year I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.  While hopefully, it will not ruin my life it is certainly not something I expected.  The cause of it is not known, so if I did something to bring it about I have no idea what that is.  So in conclusion follow all the good advice but remember that life has no guarantees.

I'm so sorry you have to go through that and got such bad news! It was probably nothing you did or didn't do. That's a very common disease that happens to a lot of people with no apparent reason behind it. My grandfather on my dad's side had that and I've seen a lot of other people with it too. I think that if there is a silver lining to it, it's that you have it in a time when there has been a lot of medical progress being made (especially in places like Israel) so you have more of a chance than previous generations did that you will have access to effective treatments. Also don't think that your healthy
lifestyle has been in vain. You have Parkinsons, but thank God you don't have Parkinsons and any other major disease along with it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:00:20 AM by Rubystars »

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
I plan on going off grid, i hope as many of you will do so asap also.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
I plan on going off grid, i hope as many of you will do so asap also.

Not everyone can do that, but it's good if you can. I do think it's important to have the ability to defend your home and to have stored food and water because if a disaster strikes then you may not be able to rely on the government for help.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
I remember reading something approximately 20 years ago about a research where they put two cages with rats.
One where they fed them normally and the other where they gave them just enough so that they don't die.
The slightly starved rats live much longer than the fed ones.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »
I remember reading something approximately 20 years ago about a research where they put two cages with rats.
One where they fed them normally and the other where they gave them just enough so that they don't die.
The slightly starved rats live much longer than the fed ones.
It's a well known phenomenon and has been demonstrated in many species including monkeys. Search for "calorie restriction diet", you will see loads of material all over the internet.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »
I think people should eat the number of calories they need to maintain a healthy weight. You also have to think about quality of life to some degree and sitting around being hungry and miserable is probably not a formula for a good life, but I do think eating the right number of calories to maintain your weight within the healthy range is the best thing to do. The calculator that I have linked in the description to the video shows you how many calories you need for maintenance and how many calories you need for losing weight. In my experience it's accurate.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 12:13:12 AM »
I stopped eating fast food and dropped almost 20 pounds..... I have worked out with weights and done aerobic (not "aerobics"..... most of it is actually anaerobic which is not healthy, metabolizes muscle) exercises my whole teenage through present life but ate fast food a lot. The only thing I changed was eating healthy and it resulted in almost 20 pounds over only 4 to 6 weeks. It concerned me at first but I felt fine so forgot about it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 10:40:40 AM »
Just changing a few things like that can often make a big difference. Even if you're at the right weight for your height it's still important to eat healthy because eating junk food on a regular basis can contribute to diseases.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 10:52:23 AM »
Good information Ruby Stars...and especially about Muslim doctors...Our lives are being destroyed by inadequate health care, and also from ? questionable doctors.