Author Topic: Naftali Bennet Making Good Waves  (Read 2590 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Naftali Bennet Making Good Waves
« on: December 20, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »
I have been on the sidelines concerning Naftali Bennet because I had never heard of him and don't want to comment on things I don't adequately understand. But the more I read about him, and more specifically the things which he says and does, he seems to be saying and doing the right things.

Recently he has made waves for openly saying that if he were given orders to evict Jews from their homes in the Jewish land (the disputed Judea and Samaria deserts) he would refuse to obey them, asking rather to be relieved and serve jail time.

Here is the article from A7:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/163407#.UNOOX2L1T0E

Bennett: I Won't Evict Jews from Their Homes

Bayit Yehudi chairman slammed for advocating for IDF soldiers to refuse orders after saying he would ask not agree to evict Jews.
Elad Benari

Bayit Yehudi chairman Naftali Bennett was slammed on Thursday evening when he said during a television interview that he would not be willing to evict Jews from their homes.

Bennett, who served in elite IDF units including Sayeret Matkal and continues to serve to this day as a reservist, said during an interview with the "Mishal Cham" program on Channel 2 that if he ever receives an order to evict Jews, he would ask his commander to release him from his position. Bennett said he would be willing to serve time in prison over this issue.

"If I receive an order to evict a Jew from his home, my conscience will not allow it," said Bennett. "I would ask my commander to release me."

He then added, "Sorry, I cannot enter a Jew's home and evict him." Bennett noted that as an MK he will work to thwart any plan that could hurt the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria.

The comments were condemned by Likud Minister Moshe Ya'alon, a former IDF of Chief of Staff, who said, "I am appalled by Bennett's comments, which endanger the IDF and Israeli democracy."

Bennett later clarified in a status he posted to his Facebook page that his remarks were in no way advocating for soldiers to refuse their commanders' orders.

"As one who led fighters in operations and in battle, I oppose refusing orders with all my soul and heart," he wrote. "I fulfilled all the orders in my 22 years in the army and will continue to do so. Personally I simply cannot evict a family from its home and would ask my commanders to release me from that. I pray and will work with all my might to ensure that the Israeli government will never evict families from their homes in this country. "

A poll published during the program showed that Bennett's party would receive 12 seats in the Knesset, making it the third largest faction in the Knesset. Likud-Beytenu and Labor maintained their top two spots, garnering 37 and 20 mandates, respectively.

Shas would win 11 seats, followed by Tzipi Livni's Hatenua with nine seats, and Yair Lapid's Yesh Atid would score seven seats. Meretz would have four seats.

The results are consistent with other recent polls that have showed that Bennett is gaining strength.

Reports this week indicated that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu does not want Bennett in his next coalition.

The reason Netanyahu does not want Bayit Yehudi in his next government, sources close to him told Channel 10 News, is that he wants "a more centrist" government, which will include a hareidi party and at least one party from the "center," in order to avoid "the ultra-rightist image that the current coalition suffers from."

On Wednesday it was reported that Netanyahu has asked MK Tzipi Hotovely (Likud) to make clear to the religious public that he has no intention of barring the entrance of Bayit Yehudi into his next coalition.

Netanyahu reportedly said that he never told anyone that he intends to block Bennett and that this allegation is in fact a "spin" produced by Bennett himself, in order to pull religious Likud supporters into his camp.

Of course the election is right around the corner (next month) and it is to his benefit to appeal to the right wingers at this point...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline בַּחַמַל

• Full JTFer
Re: Naftali Bennet Making Good Waves
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »
It is possible that a segment of the "daati" establishment in Israel is panicking and have realized what a catastrophic effect their fraudulent façade has had on Israeli Sovereignty over all these years.  Their last hitch effort to retain the State in their eyes is to put forward a candidate like Bennet.  Bennet is way too little way too late...  There is no doubt in my mind, that with a closet-secularist like Bennet, he would quickly prove more left-wing then Avoda.

If Israelis want to change, the change has to come from within them.  They don't have the luxury of time between from when protection of certain rights are surrendered for entitlements and when the realization of these surrenders take place like the Americans do.  Every time Israelis vote for entitlements, the loss of sovereignty is almost immediate.

Do Israelis want Eretz Yisrael, or do they want a pseudo-America in the middle east.  The choice is theirs.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »
It's not enough to be just a Zionist. You need to be a religious or pro Torah Zionist to get my trust and vote.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:49:56 AM »
Has Chaim expressed any opinion of Bennett yet?

Is he a genuine right-winger with a veneer of honesty?

Will they take him out in New York next week like they took out R.Kahane?

Or is he yet another "CFR-NWO-Shabbatean Raviv-lite" operative sent to infiltrate the right as the conspiracists claim?!

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 08:25:57 PM »
After being ideologically back-stabbed by Bibi in 1996 after helping him to beat Peres by only 20,000 votes, Lubavitch vowed that they would never get involved in Israeli politics again.

Now however they like what Bennett's saying and have decided to throw their support behind Bennett
http://www.col.org.il/חדשות_חבד_בנט_בכפרחבד_לאפשר_למי_שתורתם_אומנותם_ללמוד_תורה_73124.html

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »
I think Jewish Home/Tekuma is the best choice. Ben-Ari's party won't pass the threshold and it looks like all the Right Wing parties and Haredi parties will join the coalition. And good riddens to Yisrael Beitenu. It will be swalloed up by Likud. I hope Liberman is convicted in his court case. It looks like other than Likud, the only Right Wing Zionist party in the Knesset will be Jewish Home/Tekuma and the only other Right Wing parties will be the two Haredi ones. It's good that Secular Zionism is dying and Likud will have to make a coalition with Right Wing parties. I hope Meretz won't pass the threshold and the Labor and Kadima "Centrist" infighting will make them insignificant. Those people don't have many kids and the furue of Israel is when most Israelis will be Haredi.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 04:35:23 AM »
Yeah and Bennett pals around with MBA, IBG, Marzel, etc. I would trust him to keep his word about as much as a puff adder.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »
If Bennett was able to sell his hitec company for $150 million after only five years, mebbe some of his mazal will rub off on the Medinah!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
Has Chaim expressed any opinion of Bennett yet?

Is he a genuine right-winger with a veneer of honesty?

Will they take him out in New York next week like they took out R.Kahane?

Or is he yet another "CFR-NWO-Shabbatean Raviv-lite" operative sent to infiltrate the right as the conspiracists claim?!

A true right winger is an individual who will never bend backwards for any other nation in the world allow a "Palestinian" state as a part of Israeli lands...and that includes the Hilltops, Hebron, Jerusalem, and Schem, as examples.  Anything less, that individual is not a real right winger.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 12:41:07 PM »
If Bennett was able to sell his hitec company for $150 million after only five years, mebbe some of his mazal will rub off on the Medinah!
If he has that much money why is he not using it to support the hilltop resistance or Hayamin?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »
I'm not sure what to tell the Bennett supporters at JTF. Most of us just do not agree that we should reach out to false messiahs simply because we are desperate for some, any, kind of "change". Naftali Bennett is just the latest incarnation of the "rightist" establishment in Israel--a pretty face who says the right things but whose only real goal is to make a big name for himself and be idolized by the media. As KWRBT pointed out, his party Mafdal backs the treasonous Auschwitz Council and supported/tolerated the Gush Katif genocide. Bennett's a megamillionaire, but hasn't used one cent of his earnings on supporting the Hilltop resistance or Hayamin or to lobby for Chaim to be allowed to make aliyah. Am I supposed to be impressed by that?

Hayamin is the ONLY answer for truth in Israel and anyone who has followed JTF for any length of time knows it. Chaim has explained why this is many times over on Ask JTF and all of his videos. This isn't because Chaim is an egomaniac or refuses to work with anybody else, but because he has tried it and everybody else in the so-called Israeli "right", including the so-called "Kahanists", have either stabbed him in the back or shown themselves to be complete and utter frauds in every way. Let me remind you of the various pseudo-Kahanists and "religious Zionists" that have floated around Israel over the past decade or are now, many of whom Chaim has attempted to reach out to and tried to work with:

--The Shas party, which supported the Oslo surrender, the ethnic cleansing at Gush Katif, and every lopsided terrorist "exchange" just so that it and its supreme leader can get more gelt from the Israeli Bolshevik regime.

--David Haivri, the so-called Kahanist that calls Gentile members of JTF, such as the proud Noahide Jimmy Sullivan "dirty goyim", compares Chaim to Adolf Hitler, works for the Yesha Council, and rats out fellow Jews, even fellow traitors like Mike Guzofsky.

--Mike Guzofsky, who falsifies his historical relationship with HaRav, supports the monsters Irv and Shelly Rubin, savagely attacks Chaim and numerous JTFers, and has even supported Nazis at times (i.e. Tina Greco, Andrew Newman, Kelly Taylor, etc.) just to get back at JTF.

--Moshe Feiglin, who advocates legalizing drugs and denounces Jewish saints like Yigal Amir and Dr. Goldstein, the likes of whom we are not fit to wipe the dog crap off the shoes of.

--Aryeh Eldad, who says that Jewish saints/martyrs (like the above) should rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

--Baruch Marzel and his flunky Itamar Ben-Gvir, who have waged a savage slander campaign against Chaim, make fun of wonderful Lubavitch Jews, and gleefully hired a proud Hitler supporter (Uzi Zalka) that celebrates the Shoah.

--Michael Ben-Ari, who, among other things, ridicules Hayamin's videos, supports the treasonous Shas party, praises Nazi butchers such as Yitzhak Rabin, says that Israel should not take action against Iran, and rejects removal of the Arabs.

How many more examples of this do you need Muman? We can't work with these individuals. These are really despicable, self-centered, live-in-the-moment self-hating Jews. They are in it for themselves only and have no Torah principles. There is no fellowship between people of righteousness and people of darkness and we are kidding ourselves if we pretend that there is. G-d is the answer, not snake-oil peddlers that deceitfully hawk their worthless wares. G-d alone will save Israel, not any of these frauds and phonies.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »
G-d is the answer, not snake-oil peddlers that deceitfully hawk their worthless wares. G-d alone will save Israel, not any of these frauds and phonies.

"G-d alone will save Israel" is actually one of the Geulah scenarios. It will not be a Geulah by human hands. According to Hillel, G-d will be the Moshiach, and according to Rashi, the 3rd Temple will come down ready-made from Heaven ie we will have to do nothing.

If Bennett proves as unworthy as his predecessors (which I doubt), then no human being is up to the job, & it really will be by G-d alone. But as Lenny says, that's not the kind of Geulah we want, because if G-d alone does it, then the body-count will be awesome!

What's good about Bennett is that he was a Ressen in the Sayaret ie he's a team player. All the others, including the good guys like RMK, RBZK and even CBP, were solo-talents and not by nature team players. If you're going to pull the Am Yisrael with you at this stage in the Ikvosa, being a team player helps.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:20:34 AM by Yerusha »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 06:59:48 PM »
Wonga, Chaim will not be a "team player" with phonies that do not share his vision and idealism. Hayamin will not lower itself into the snakepit just to bite of a piece of the government pie. You know that as well as I do.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »
Yerusha- Nope, lies. Don't try to spread missionary type lies (about Moshiah).

YS- Chaim did say in one of the ASK JTF that he will make alliances with different people. That is the only sane thing to do in this game of politics.
 Also I never claimed to be a big supporter (of Bennett) or anything like that. I was and am just responding to the claim that its better to have the leftists in-charge instead of the false right. Also remember about Iran and what Chaim said before- that Pipi has a better chance of attacking Iran and the leftist NEVER would have.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
If the phony right is in charge, average Israelis will either be totally duped or will be so disgusted with their failings that they will refuse to consider the real right. That is why they are always worse than the honest left.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »
http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,65590.msg575859.html#msg575859

Quote from: Chaim Ben Pesach
The reason he speaks out of both sides of his mouth is because he wants the votes of both groups: those who favor disobeying orders to expel Jews and commit national suicide and those in favor of obeying these treasonous orders. This evil opportunist is a disastrous fraud.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »
http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,65590.msg575859.html#msg575859

I have yet to see where he supports those who are for evicting Jews from their homes. He has stated clearly that he is against such action, would have moral problems carrying out such orders, and would rather be excused from doing so. He did not call for others to disobey, as others have accused him of... I do not see this as anything of the sort of supporting evictions.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
I understand that Chaim doesn't support him, so I will shortly let this go.... But from what I can tell it seems that there is a big misunderstanding here. Bennet has not, according to what I have seen, ever supported evictions..

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4323142,00.html

Bennett went on to level staunch criticism at Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and members of his party, accusing them of colluding with the Left to give away Israeli territory.

"The Likud, with its partners on the Left, might bring another disengagement upon us," he charged.
"I call on Prime Minister Netanyahu to retract his agreement to a Palestinian state. Otherwise he (will have to) to uproot settlers from their homes yet again," he added.

Bennett further pledged that his party will be powerful enough to make sure no soldiers face the "inhuman dilemma" of whether to forcefully expel Jews from their hom

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 06:31:34 PM »
I understand that Chaim doesn't support him, so I will shortly let this go.... But from what I can tell it seems that there is a big misunderstanding here. Bennet has not, according to what I have seen, ever supported evictions..
He didn't say he would throw Jews out of their homes explicitly--he just said that orders must not be disobeyed. What does that mean?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 06:37:58 PM »
He didn't say he would throw Jews out of their homes explicitly--he just said that orders must not be disobeyed. What does that mean?

I don't want to argue about this. It is a very unpopular position to say that a Jew who serves in the IDF should disobey orders. He was pounded by the left and some on the right for suggesting this. I fully agree with this, as all of us here, that a Jew should NEVER obey an order to harm another Jew who is doing nothing other than his G-d given right to live in the land. But because of the political situation he cannot openly call for people to disobey, because then the leftists in the army would disobey carrying out orders against arabs... And chaos would ensue. I realize this reason is weak according to some, but it seems to be the case.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 07:38:51 PM »
We've gone over this over and over again. There are numerous ways to get around the Israeli Bolshevik thought police. He did not have to say any of what he said. He could have simply stated that he would never, ever order Jews to be evicted from their homes under any circumstances. That is perfectly within the law and nobody could have banned him from the election for that. He could even say "nobody should expel Jews from their homes" and leave it at that. This business about him being unable to say that soldiers must defy orders is a strawman. None of us have advocated that he explicitly spell that out.