Author Topic: Excellent Op-Ed Piece on Naftali Bennett in the Jewish Press  (Read 851 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Excellent Op-Ed Piece on Naftali Bennett in the Jewish Press
« on: December 29, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Jewish Press: Naftali Bennett and the Mafdal's Last Hurrah

http://www.jewishpress.com/sections/special-features/israel-elections-5773/naftali-bennett-and-the-mafdals-last-hurrah/2012/12/23/

The Jewish Press is certainly not a Kahanist paper and I am far from a fan of theirs (especially after they started allowing anti-Jonathan Pollard propaganda several years back), and I don't even know who Rafi Farber is, but on the issue of Israel's current wonderchild Bennett, they absolutely hit it out of the park. Even these non-Kahanist, semi-rightist Jews recognize hype when they see it and realize that Bennett is just another rehashing of the same old phony right we've seen so many times before:

Quote from: Jewish Press
Mafdal, or Bayit Yehudi, or whatever you want to call it, might get a bunch of seats. Maybe 10. Maybe 15. Maybe 20. It doesn’t make the least bit of difference. Why? Because Naftali Bennett is nothing but a new Lewinsky with a kippah on. He has no conviction about anything but he can talk as if he almost does. For example, he can say contradictory things like, “A soldier should never have to choose between expelling a human being from his home and disobeying orders,” and then end it with, “A soldier should never disobey orders under any circumstances,” and state both mutually contradictory statements together with the same conviction, thereby effectively saying absolutely nothing, but making people think he has.

You heard that right. Bennett is nothing more than Lewinsky with a yarmulke. Or, you could say, he is a younger, prettier, more charismatic Baruch Marzel. Is that who we want to be in power? Is that who we will trust the life of the Jewish nation with?

YSTFF

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Excellent Op-Ed Piece on Naftali Bennett in the Jewish Press
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:00:18 PM »
Umm... It seems they have twisted his words...

He said that he personally would ask to be excused from an operation if it included evicting Jews, and there is nothing wrong with that. He did not say to disobey orders, which all the detractors of Bennet seem to be saying. So here there is a straw-man argument... acussing him of saying something which he obviously did not say. Even Livni is trying to use this, but failing...

See the thread I started when he first stated this @ http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,66125.0.html

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/163407#.UNOOX2L1T0E
"If I receive an order to evict a Jew from his home, my conscience will not allow it," said Bennett. "I would ask my commander to release me."

He then added, "Sorry, I cannot enter a Jew's home and evict him." Bennett noted that as an MK he will work to thwart any plan that could hurt the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria.

PS: I also wonder if it is ethical to quote from a publication and then [without any markers] change names like Lewinsky (which is your name for Bibi). I still don't quite understand how Lewinsky is Bibi, and I think I would rather not really understand. But I would add some sort of marker like [edited] or something to avoid suggesting the publication you are quoting used those names.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:25:40 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion. I agree with KWRBT and Chaim that Bennett is not the real answer.

The very closest thing to a decent politician in Israel at the moment is Feiglin, and even he has sold out immensely.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion. I agree with KWRBT and Chaim that Bennett is not the real answer.

The very closest thing to a decent politician in Israel at the moment is Feiglin, and even he has sold out immensely.

I am not making a comment on whether he is the right one. I just don't like it when the media attaches onto an often misquoted statement like this and make more into it. I am undecided because it seems according to most here that there is no good outcome in the upcoming election. This makes me very uneasy about it.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 11:54:12 PM »
I am not making a comment on whether he is the right one. I just don't like it when the media attaches onto an often misquoted statement like this and make more into it. I am undecided because it seems according to most here that there is no good outcome in the upcoming election. This makes me very uneasy about it.
I can't pretend that something is better than it really is. There are no good candidates and if we act like there are we are just deluding ourselves. Instead of moping about this we need to be working to make Hayamin a mass movement.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »

PS: I also wonder if it is ethical to quote from a publication and then [without any markers] change names like Lewinsky (which is your name for Bibi).

:::D  I ran into the same problem. When I say it I thought did they really write that? I clicked on the link and saw no such thing (just to check).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »
It is the JTF name for him and everyone in the right-wing Jewish world understands who it refers to, like "Osama".

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 03:42:43 AM »
Jewish Press: Naftali Bennett and the Mafdal's Last Hurrah

http://www.jewishpress.com/sections/special-features/israel-elections-5773/naftali-bennett-and-the-mafdals-last-hurrah/2012/12/23/

The Jewish Press is certainly not a Kahanist paper and I am far from a fan of theirs (especially after they started allowing anti-Jonathan Pollard propaganda several years back), and I don't even know who Rafi Farber is, but on the issue of Israel's current wonderchild Bennett, they absolutely hit it out of the park. Even these non-Kahanist, semi-rightist Jews recognize hype when they see it and realize that Bennett is just another rehashing of the same old phony right we've seen so many times before:

You heard that right. Bennett is nothing more than Lewinsky with a yarmulke. Or, you could say, he is a younger, prettier, more charismatic Baruch Marzel. Is that who we want to be in power? Is that who we will trust the life of the Jewish nation with?

YSTFF

In addition to what you mentioned,    the " Jewish Press"  has endorsed some horrific candidates.    Including Gary Ackerman in 2010,   which thankfully turned out to be the last time he ran for Congress.      Arguably the best political news in 2012 was when Ackerman announced his retirement.   

As for Rafi Farber,   I never heard of him until seeing the article you posted.    Unfortunately,   Farber loses practically all credibility as he endorsed someone we both detest:    Ron Paul.     I'm not going to post the link to the article because it's on Lew Rockwell site.     But it can easily be found on the Internet.    The article is titled the following:

From Israel: Vote Ron Paul and Let My People Go!
by Rafi Farber

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »
I did not know that but that doesn't mean he is wrong about Bennett. Do see what Chaim wrote about Bennett.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
Quote from: Chaim Ben Pesach
בס''ד

The reason he speaks out of both sides of his mouth is because he wants the votes of both groups: those who favor disobeying orders to expel Jews and commit national suicide and those in favor of obeying these treasonous orders. This evil opportunist is a disastrous fraud.
Bennett is a fraud, a fake, a phony, and in it for one person, Naftali Bennett.