Author Topic: Annoying stupid YouTube  (Read 1678 times)

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Annoying stupid YouTube
« on: January 21, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »
I haven't had access to a you tube account in over a year.  Now I am determined to try and get one again.  It insists that I link up my account with my gmail account which I am not going to do because my gmail account has personal information attached to it. I cannot create a new gmail account because I have no email address to attach to it in case of an 'emergency.'  What do you folks do?  I need instructions written for a fourth grader.  Thanks

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Annoying stupid YouTube
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
You can create a new, non-gmail, email account. log out from google/gmail. Proceed to open a new youtube/gmail account. Provide the new non-gmail which you will have created by this stage.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:20:32 PM »
You can create a new, non-gmail, email account. log out from google/gmail. Proceed to open a new youtube/gmail account. Provide the new non-gmail which you will have created by this stage.

I dont understand.  You said creat a new non-gmail account, then you said to open a new you tube gmail account?

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 01:28:48 PM »
I haven't had access to a you tube account in over a year.  Now I am determined to try and get one again.  It insists that I link up my account with my gmail account which I am not going to do because my gmail account has personal information attached to it. I cannot create a new gmail account because I have no email address to attach to it in case of an 'emergency.'  What do you folks do?  I need instructions written for a fourth grader.  Thanks

YT sucks, they always ask for phone numbers.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 01:31:34 PM »
YT sucks, they always ask for phone numbers.

See thats insane.  Im not giving them my phone number.  Zelhar, what should I do?

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »
Open an all new email account, like from Yahoo or something, than open a new youtube account.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:01:37 PM »
See thats insane.  Im not giving them my phone number.  Zelhar, what should I do?
Sometimes you only need to give a valid email address to open a new gmail account, any email will do, as long as it's yours. That's why I told you to open a new non-gmail email account. For some users, based on ip I believe, google insists that they also provide their mobile phone number. I thought you weren't asked to provide it.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 02:04:25 PM »
Also you might try this method, if it still works:

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »
Sometimes you only need to give a valid email address to open a new gmail account, any email will do, as long as it's yours. That's why I told you to open a new non-gmail email account. For some users, based on ip I believe, google insists that they also provide their mobile phone number. I thought you weren't asked to provide it.

But I dont have another email address besides my pre-existing Goole one (which I can't use) or my work email address which I  cant use.  Also, I really object to giving them my phone number.  Why dont they just tag us with a subcutaneous tag so that they can identify everything we've ever done as they scan us as part of 'public safety'

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 04:59:22 PM »
But I dont have another email address besides my pre-existing Goole one (which I can't use) or my work email address which I  cant use
Which is why I told you to create one. It is very easy, most email providers aren't as annoying as google. Just open a new account at yahoo or outlook.com or any other provider and use that new email to open a new youtube account.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
Which is why I told you to create one. It is very easy, most email providers aren't as annoying as google. Just open a new account at yahoo or outlook.com or any other provider and use that new email to open a new youtube account.

Oh I see.  Thank you.  Thanks for your advice

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 09:43:02 PM »
1. Make a hotmail or other free online e-mail account
2. Make a gmail account
3. Make a youtube account

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 10:07:05 PM »
1. Make a hotmail or other free online e-mail account
2. Make a gmail account
3. Make a youtube account

Yes Ruby,

this is very clear and not that hard for someone who is as incompetent as I am about today's fine points about doing basic things on the internet.