Author Topic: Women To Be Drafted Into U.S. Armed Forces  (Read 2110 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Women To Be Drafted Into U.S. Armed Forces
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 08:12:14 AM »
The US military does not allow men who are missing both testicles or men with hypospadias that is severe enough that they cannot urinate standing normally to join. But they allow women, who are functionally like men with both problems at once.
Good!  Keep me out of combat duty on the basis of both reasons.  I'm just sayin. :soldier:
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
Separate But Equal is what I say....

There should be a separate womans combat unit and a separate mens combat unit. The eunichs and the homos should also comprise a separate combat unit. I could care less who serves so long as it is not uncomfortable for people to fight together. I read today about what the men in Iraq went through concerning 'bodily functions' and 'hygiene' which would be unacceptable in a mixed-gender platoon. But so long as no immoral relations or situations arise I don't see a problem with women fighting. The question is would the attention caused if she should be captured and compromised...

Women are the mothers of a nation and those who maintain a place for our soldiers to come home to again when they are done fighting. They are not men.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
Exactly right, Rubystars!
Women are the mothers of a nation and those who maintain a place for our soldiers to come home to again when they are done fighting. They are not men.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »
As far as I understand they did not make it a requirement for females to register like young men do when they turn 18... If this is how things are going to stand I don't see it being long before someone files a discrimination lawsuit for unfair treatment... At that point  they will either have to amend the requirement requirement for females to also register or reverse the law for putting females into actual combat.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 07:20:06 PM »

Hey, a good number of women want 'equal rights'. If they want equal rights they should share equal burdens. In the workplace women expect equal pay, so they need to perform on a level equal to men. I personally don't believe men and women are equal but if they are pushing for these rights I say let them sweat like men so that they no longer want to be equal to us. Life is hard and women have had it good for so long. If women in general do not want to be equal in the workplace then women should have protested this, but they didn't... You can't have your cake and eat it too...

So Separate but Equal is the solution in my opinion.. Also women should not be given any special treatment in the military. This will only cause problems of moral in the forces.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
I am worried about the impact that this will have on our fighting elite.  In general, men feel protective of women in a way that they are not protective of men.  Whatever you think of this phenomenon in a variety of settings, it may be very bad for the military.  However IF there are women who can pass all of the rigors of military combat training and they WANT to do this, then I see no legal reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do this.  There is almost no way most women, even elite trained women would be able to pass these tests.  Those who pass do, those who don't don't.  Fair is Fair. 
    That said, all righteous women should know and be encouraged know how to defend themselves from physical attack, including being able to hurt an assailant.  Look at the recent case of the Israeli woman who was able to physically defend and one-up her Arab terrorist would-be murderer before he savagely killed her and her children in cold blood.  She got her face slashed, which the science of plastic surgery should be able to fix.  In another time, she and her children would have just been a few more savagely and eventually unremembered murdered Jews. In this sense, every Righteous woman should know how to fight.
     While this may be very un-PC, I think most women will NOT WANT this responsibility.  I think women living in combat zones (after all, ALL of Israel and now the whole free world is a potential combat zone)  will need to step up to the plate on this, despite most NOT wanting to.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:42:43 PM by JTFenthusiast2 »

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 09:32:03 PM »
Hey, a good number of women want 'equal rights'. If they want equal rights they should share equal burdens. In the workplace women expect equal pay, so they need to perform on a level equal to men. I personally don't believe men and women are equal but if they are pushing for these rights I say let them sweat like men so that they no longer want to be equal to us. Life is hard and women have had it good for so long. If women in general do not want to be equal in the workplace then women should have protested this, but they didn't... You can't have your cake and eat it too...

So Separate but Equal is the solution in my opinion.. Also women should not be given any special treatment in the military. This will only cause problems of moral in the forces.
:o
If I do the same job... I expect equal pay.  If I can't do the job... I shouldn't get payed at all.
How are women less equal than men?
Women have had it good for so long.  What do you mean by that?  Women worked hard when they worked mostly in the home.  Now many work hard outside the home and still carry the bulk of in home responsibilities.
I just completed a 12 hour shift in a busy intensive care unit.  I think I can sweat with the best of them.  I'm not sure you would be up to my job.  Does that make you less equal?
Muman, men and women are not the same.  They are of equal value though.    I find your attitude hard to understand and feel sorry that you don't value the women in your life.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 05:43:52 AM »
Hey, a good number of women want 'equal rights'. If they want equal rights they should share equal burdens.

Women are the ones who suffer labor pains (even with modern medicine which makes it somewhat easier), sometimes die or are seriously injured in childbirth, do most of the raising of children, etc.

As bullcat pointed out now with the way society is structured a woman is often expected to bring home a second paycheck and on top of that do the traditional womanly duties. If anything she's working harder.

I guess this is kind of gross to mention but men don't get menstrual cramps every month either.
I guess the closest I could describe that as an analogue would be if your intestines felt like they were burning and you had waves of nausea come over you once a month for one to three days but you were still expected to function just the same and not bite someone's head off in the process.

In the workplace women expect equal pay, so they need to perform on a level equal to men.

Well this is a little more of a complex issue. Women tend to, because they are often single mothers or the primary caretakers of children, not work quite as many hours as men. Sometimes they have to take off of work to care for a sick child, etc. Women are also biologically more prone to some other health problems such as autoimmune diseases which can cause missed work days. If you don't work as many hours, it's not fair to expect the exact same amount of compensation.

On the other hand, if two people regardless of gender do the same work in the same number of hours, they should get paid the same amount of money.

Some jobs are not well-suited to a woman's physique or will not be performed as efficiently by a woman as by a man. These are mostly really physical jobs, such as being a marine which should pretty much only be done by men. Some physical jobs such as the kind of job I do (overnight stocking) which involve ladder climbing, moving products, etc. can be done well by both sexes. I can say honestly I get more work done than my male counterparts even though they're younger and technically stronger than I am, because there's nothing outside of my physical ability to do.

Other jobs like clerical work or controlling a drone on a computer or something like that, really isn't gender-specific work.

I personally don't believe men and women are equal but if they are pushing for these rights I say let them sweat like men so that they no longer want to be equal to us.

Women sweat plenty and often work just as hard as men do. Some work is simply not fit for women though. Men and women are different, but one isn't better than the other. We are all made in God's image. We have different roles in society, in the family structure, in the workplace, but that doesn't make one inherently superior and another inherently inferior. I mostly am arguing against feminists who try to put women over men but in this instance I think I should remind you that women are human beings too just as men are and have the same capacity for intellect, reason, and spirituality.

Life is hard and women have had it good for so long.

Women dying young in childbirth so their husbands could marry another woman and then wear her out too.... yes women have had it SOOOO good. /sarcasm

If women in general do not want to be equal in the workplace then women should have protested this, but they didn't... You can't have your cake and eat it too...

There are reasonable things to ask for and unreasonable things. Think of it in terms of the civil rights movement. It was reasonable for blacks to want to be able to vote without being intimidated. It was unreasonable for them to want to be placed above whites through affirmative action programs.

Women have separate duties to men. This doesn't make them lesser, it makes them different. Women are not meant to go into combat just like a man is not meant to give birth.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 06:52:50 AM »
The focus of the thread seems to have changed somewhat into a females rights thread more than a females in combat thread... I guess in a way they are the product of the same left leaning liberal sickness... In my opinion females as a collective group have been lead to the slaughter by the Judas goat of liberalism...   
The horse is out of the barn on this as they say and I personally don't see how anyone is going to get it back in again ...I don't see how you can have females in the work place or in the military seeking the same money and prestige if they need or expect special treatment...  This said I have always believed that their are certain jobs and situations that females should not be placed in...  Sadly this is not how a good part of the female population and liberal society see it... I would gladly turn the clock back 40 or 50 years to a day when most females stayed at home and raised a family or worked in jobs that were more suitable for females to work in... I grew up back then and I can tell you the overall social picture was a great deal better than what we have now... It seems like this new legislation is built on the foundations of affirmative action this time pointed at females in combat situations... Personally I feel that just as in the workplace females in the military that can't take the heat should stay out of the boiler room, factory or other work situation that is far to physically demanding... People put in positions like this that are not suitable for a job are an overall liability to people working or serving along side them...  Medical science can deal with the issues of cramps, childbirth with a dose of some sort Norplant  like medication... Sadly the problems from this new legislation will be social ones not medical or physical issues.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 07:18:53 AM »
Rubystars, can you imagine someone wanting to pay you less than the men you work with, just because you are a woman?
There are significant physical differences between men and women. True enough.
No person should be hired for a job they are not suited for.  I don't believe in 'dumbing' down requirements or tests to allow for a 'fair' demographic in the work place.
That being said, I do believe in equal pay for equal work. 

Quote from: muman613 on January 25, 2013, 06:20:06 PM
Hey, a good number of women want 'equal rights'. If they want equal rights they should share equal burdens.

Ummmm...I think many women share equal burdens.  In fact, I think women might be getting the shorter end of the stick right now.  You would be surprised how many women are not thinking about equal rights when they go out into the workplace. They are thinking of survival.  Maybe, just maybe, they are thinking about keeping a roof over their families head and food on the table.  Who is taking care of hearth and home when they are out seeking their 'equal rights'?  Oh...nobody.  I guess they have to do that too!   >:(

Life is hard and women have had it good for so long.  :laugh:
If women in general do not want to be equal in the workplace then women should have protested this, but they didn't... You can't have your cake and eat it too...

:laugh:  :::D

This made me laugh.  Who has time to protest and what woman doesn't want to be equal in the workplace? 
Don't I wish we could go back to the day when I could have one job, in the home, and not two.
Come live in downstate New York...two paychecks, in most cases, are a necessity.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 07:20:50 AM »
That darn Judas Goat of liberalism and feminism. I'd like to shove her back into the barn.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
Rubystars, can you imagine someone wanting to pay you less than the men you work with, just because you are a woman?
There are significant physical differences between men and women. True enough.
No person should be hired for a job they are not suited for.  I don't believe in 'dumbing' down requirements or tests to allow for a 'fair' demographic in the work place.
That being said, I do believe in equal pay for equal work. 

Yes definitely equal work should get equal pay.

This made me laugh.  Who has time to protest and what woman doesn't want to be equal in the workplace? 
Don't I wish we could go back to the day when I could have one job, in the home, and not two.
Come live in downstate New York...two paychecks, in most cases, are a necessity.

This is true pretty much everywhere in the USA. Even if a woman wants to stay home and be a homemaker only it's very difficult for her to do so.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »
Well like I said, women in Israel ARE in combat when they join the IDF. It has not killed them or taken their femininity away. So it's no concern to me if women can or can't do something. We will only not be able to do something if we convince ourselves that we can't do it. And if I see Israel struggling in war (G-d forbid) I would have no problem with fighting, even if my own life would be in danger. Because some things are more important to me than thinking that I can or can't fight.

Lastly, I would LOVE to stay at home but that is not possible. It seems the Jews who have the most money are usually the secular ones while those who are religious and Torah scholars are the ones who have less. It may not always be true. But how often do we see wealthy religious person. So both the man and women work. Sometimes the woman more so the man can study. I forgot what I was talking about.