Author Topic: Pope: Other Christians not true churches  (Read 4846 times)

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
Re: Pope: Other Christians not true churches
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 01:23:07 PM »
Wow, the Catholic Church created islam, it must be true, it is on google. Come on now. As a raised Roman Catholic who sees very much wrong with the church itself(I believe a true Christian does not follow any particular church, man made rules, but the words of Jesus as written in the gospels) and yes, they have committeed many atrocities over the years, they can also be credited with saving western civilization. The Crusades were many faceted, yes, atrocities against Jews and Orthodox Catholics happened and many battles were lost to the muslims they did greatly slow down the advance of islam, as bad as it was, things could have turned out much worse. The first Christians(Catholics) did not get such great treatment from the Romans. Every group has had their atrocities committeed against them and also by them, not making it right or wrong, it's just history.
Actually, I refer to myself as a Christian who happened to be raised Roman Catholic. To me the whole idea of a pope is blashpemous.
I am sure Judaism's history is not squeaky clean either. You know,calling yourself God's chosen people may put off a lot of people too. This is just like what is going on with nations, it's leaders may be saying one thing but it's citizens/followers believe entirely something else.
As far as kissing the quran, disgusting, but he is far from alone here as so called leaders from many faiths and nations have also committeed this despicable act.
Now, before I get attacked for the chosen people remark I made, I was just using it to make a point, I have no problems with Judaism or any other religion, as long as they practice theirs and let me practice mine without harming each other. Obviously this leaves out the violent political ideology of islam that poses as a religion.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy - Pope Benedict XVI reasserted the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to salvation.

Dexter, you gave us only the half of Benedikts statement.

He said in addition to that, that other "Christian communities" are indeed only "entities likewise the real [Catholic] church", but a membership there don't avoid your salvation.

I don't agree with the most of the catholic teachings, but the position of the RCC of today is one of the most tolerant if you compare with other groups.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »
Look at it this way:

Coca-Cola doesn't go around advertising for Pepsi-Cola, unless it wants its place in the market to slip.

Vatican City has a very high overhead.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »
Wow, the Catholic Church created islam, it must be true, it is on google. Come on now. As a raised Roman Catholic who sees very much wrong with the church itself(I believe a true Christian does not follow any particular church, man made rules, but the words of Jesus as written in the gospels) and yes, they have committeed many atrocities over the years, they can also be credited with saving western civilization. The Crusades were many faceted, yes, atrocities against Jews and Orthodox Catholics happened and many battles were lost to the muslims they did greatly slow down the advance of islam, as bad as it was, things could have turned out much worse. The first Christians(Catholics) did not get such great treatment from the Romans. Every group has had their atrocities committeed against them and also by them, not making it right or wrong, it's just history.
Actually, I refer to myself as a Christian who happened to be raised Roman Catholic. To me the whole idea of a pope is blashpemous.
I am sure Judaism's history is not squeaky clean either. You know,calling yourself G-d's chosen people may put off a lot of people too. This is just like what is going on with nations, it's leaders may be saying one thing but it's citizens/followers believe entirely something else.
As far as kissing the quran, disgusting, but he is far from alone here as so called leaders from many faiths and nations have also committeed this despicable act.
Now, before I get attacked for the chosen people remark I made, I was just using it to make a point, I have no problems with Judaism or any other religion, as long as they practice theirs and let me practice mine without harming each other. Obviously this leaves out the violent political ideology of islam that poses as a religion.

Your comparison is invalid.  How can you say "Well, Judaism calls itself the Chosen people" as if this is even a bad thing?  First of all, it isn't a bad thing.  Second of all, how can this in any way diminish the RCC's role in the Crusades against Jews, the Inquisition, the Holocaust, the Nonrecognition of Israel, the re-establishment of Arafat yimach shemo 's credibility after his defeat in Lebanon, and then recognizing Israel only on condition of Israel recognizing the PLO and its leader nazi arafat.   Clearly the pope has sided with the Fakestinians.  All of these things show the problems with the RCC as a political institution, not saying anything about the Catholics' religious faith or at all trying to bash it.  Why would you ever compare this to Judaism as a religion?  Judaism's not a political institution, and it doesn't compare even slightly if it was.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »
Don't want to flame but you're saying that only ortodox Judaism is real thing too, and that conserved and reformed movements are not cosher for Jews... At least this pope don't walk into "new age" one world religion direction and you can always stop being catholic if you don't agree with him on ussues like I did.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »
Catholics and Muslims are of the same the vatican was the one that created the evil religion called Islam. and Its the Vaticans Jesuit Order that is destroying USA & Israel. They use the Muslims as a weapon when there "crusades" fail.

It was mohammed who started islam with elements stolen from arab paganism, Judaism & Christianity. If Catholicism and islam are of the same, then why are they also persecuted under islam along with every other non muslim?

Cause people are "replaceable" according to some of the Jesuits. In the sixth century, Catholic leaders manipulated the Arabian tribesman Mohammed into creating the religion of Islam to use as a weapon against the Jews, Bible following Christians, and to conquer Jerusalem for the pope. But it back fired on them as the false religion grew to large. Research it on google for yourself. "Jesuit" catholic" created" Islam"

Don't fall prey to the Sabbatean Jews who love the Pope.

http://www.vaticanassassins.org/

Thats BS with all respect, in VII century the catholic Eastern Roman Empire controled Eretz Yisrael, and Pope or bishop of Rome was one of five top patriarchs of the imperial Nicean church; I read many revisionist history but this... :D  And this site is anti catholic "protocols".
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:09:18 PM by Ultra Requete »

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 07:41:28 PM »
A while back Chaim posted something saying not to bash Catholics, because there are Catholic supporters of JTF.

What I will say though, is that I personally believe that true Christians are not limited to one denomination only, and I'm definitely not a follower of that Church, with which I have strong disagreements on several pieces of doctrine.

In fact I do not associate myself with any denomination precisely because they can tend to be exclusivist.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »
I am sure Judaism's history is not squeaky clean either. You know,calling yourself G-d's chosen people may put off a lot of people too. This is just like what is going on with nations, it's leaders may be saying one thing but it's citizens/followers believe entirely something else.

Your comparison is invalid.  How can you say "Well, Judaism calls itself the Chosen people" as if this is even a bad thing?  First of all, it isn't a bad thing.  Second of all, how can this in any way diminish the RCC's role in the Crusades against Jews, the Inquisition, the Holocaust, the Nonrecognition of Israel, the re-establishment of Arafat yimach shemo 's credibility after his defeat in Lebanon, and then recognizing Israel only on condition of Israel recognizing the PLO and its leader nazi arafat.   Clearly the pope has sided with the Fakestinians.  All of these things show the problems with the RCC as a political institution, not saying anything about the Catholics' religious faith or at all trying to bash it.  Why would you ever compare this to Judaism as a religion?  Judaism's not a political institution, and it doesn't compare even slightly if it was.

I did not say that the chosen people thing is a bad thing, just that it could be offsetting to those not of the Jewish faith.
I am not trying to diminish atrocities committeed by the Catholic Church, but you know, those who live in glass houses thing.
I am not comparing an institution, the Catholic Church, to a religion, Judaism, if it came off that way I apologize, maybe I did not explain my thought clearly enough. An official group of Jewish leaders were responsible for getting Christ crucified but I do not claim that Jews crucified him, but there are many that do, this is the point I was trying to make. Separate the practicioners of a theology from the leaders of an established institution with man made rules.
Maybe you did not bash the Catholic faith and only the church itself(as I said, I myself have some issues with the church) there are some here who did comparing Catholics to muslims and even using the wacko's from Opes Dei as representing Catholicism.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »

I did not say that the chosen people thing is a bad thing, just that it could be offsetting to those not of the Jewish faith.
I am not trying to diminish atrocities committeed by the Catholic Church, but you know, those who live in glass houses thing.

LOL, so 'potentially offsetting' equals an atrocity?  How is that a glass house? You are way off base.

I hope you know that "Chosen people" isn't a supremacist thing at all, and many people have no idea what it really means.  G-d chose us to give His Torah to.  Do you deny that?  And why?  Because we at the time were the descendents of Abraham Isaac and Jacob (and still are obviously).  He said it's not because we merited it that we were so great, or that we were a large nation but that we descended from these great men and G-d promised them long ago.  Obviously G-d keeps his promises.  Simple as that.  Now for someone who has no idea what it means and they hear an irreligious Jew say it as some kind of slogan, could that be offputting to him?  I don't know, it might be, but so what?  If someone is so upset about it, find out what it really means.  And being upset doesn't equal 'committing atrocities' so again I fail to see your point.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »
An official group of Jewish leaders were responsible for getting [jesus] crucified but I do not claim that Jews crucified him, but there are many that do,

Really?  Not according to our history.  Do you have proof this event occurred?  Even if it did, this lone act has been used  to justify the atrocities I'm complaining about.  "Christians" have used "Jews killed Jesus" slogan for CENTURIES to provoke and justify atrocities against innocent Jews.  You really have no basis for any of your arguments.  You cannot simply wipe away the Catholic Churche's many offense by saying, "Jews once did something I believe is bad as do all groups."

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 08:21:36 PM »
Catholics = Muslims  :o  :(  I'm very sad to hear that people feel that way.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 10:22:39 PM »
This is a very bad subject and usually causes too much argument and fighting.
It should not be said that Jews never did anything bad because Jews have killed Jews during the war who do you think were leading some of the Jews to their deaths?, so should all Jews during that time be condemned?
The Pope and church were not going to stick their necks out for Jews or anybody else, it was war and you had to do anything you could to survive yourself, if the Pope and church stuck their necks out they would have been wiped out.
I think a lot of people on this thread are making stupid statements.
I will not respond to anything more on this thread and this thread should be locked.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »
It should not be said that Jews never did anything bad because Jews have killed Jews during the war who do you think were leading some of the Jews to their deaths?, so should all Jews during that time be condemned?
The Pope and church were not going to stick their necks out for Jews or anybody else, it was war and you had to do anything you could to survive yourself, if the Pope and church stuck their necks out they would have been wiped out.
I will not respond to anything more on this thread and this thread should be locked.

Sorry, but the Church teaching a doctrine of "The Jews killed Jesus" and other institutional mandatory hatred against Jews, which only recently has even been moderated somewhat, contributed to centuries worth of antisemitism in Europe that led up to the Shoah (and all the other pogroms), and as you can see, this message of "the Jews killed jesus" has persisted.  If you call this "stupid" it is simply that you are in denial.   
No one is saying Jews never did anything bad.  But why is that an argument for ignoring something as terrible as this?  All people do bad and good.  That doesn't come close to excusing this attitude, especially considering that people still believe it today!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 10:41:03 PM »
Catholics and Muslims are of the same the vatican was the one that created the evil religion called Islam. and Its the Vaticans Jesuit Order that is destroying USA & Israel. They use the Muslims as a weapon when there "crusades" fail.

Where did you get this idea from?  Where is the EVIDENCE?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »

Sorry, but the Church teaching a doctrine of "The Jews killed Jesus" and other institutional mandatory hatred against Jews, which only recently has even been moderated somewhat, contributed to centuries worth of antisemitism in Europe that led up to the Shoah (and all the other pogroms), and as you can see, this message of "the Jews killed jesus" has persisted.  If you call this "stupid" it is simply that you are in denial.   
No one is saying Jews never did anything bad.  But why is that an argument for ignoring something as terrible as this?  All people do bad and good.  That doesn't come close to excusing this attitude, especially considering that people still believe it today!
I can only speak for myself  but I was never taught to hate Jewish people.
I attended Catholic school for eight years.
In fact and for example - we were taken to a local Synagogue (in Flushing, NY located on the service road of the Long Island Expressway) for a class trip.
It was the most memorable, educational and moving class trip I ever went on.
Not one person in 8 years ever told me to hate Jewish people...just the opposite we were taught to respect the Jewish people and their religion.
I know that the Catholic Church is far from perfect...but being equated with a Muslim is a bit much.  That is just how I feel.  You are certainly entitled to your feelings.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »
Yes blame one another when the world is in flames; I'm sure the muslimes who read us now must lough their asses seeing the kufars arguing who is the greatest  MOPer in history. ::) They love to see their victims divided as it always helped them in Jihad. I'm locking this thread.

Love your Enemy