Author Topic: Jewish Prophecy : Gog uMagog - the final war  (Read 1516 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Jewish Prophecy : Gog uMagog - the final war
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:32:44 AM »
Since there has been a bunch of discussion concerning the Jewish view toward the 'Final War' of Gog uMagog, and Chaim explained the basics, I would like to re-post the following video... It is a very moving and realistic explanation of how world events today point to an impending confrontation with the powers of the evil nations.

The Last War - Gog u Magog

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Jewish Prophecy : Gog uMagog - the final war
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 03:47:35 AM »
Thank you Muman I think this will be very interesting.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »
What prophecies say about king of Persia? 3rd video demands more explanation to non Jews.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:51:39 PM »
What prophecies say about king of Persia? 3rd video demands more explanation to non Jews.

We read Ezekiel 38-39 on the Shabbat Chol HaMoed of the Yom Tov (Holiday) of Succot. It is in this part of the Prophets were the prophecy of Gog U'Magog takes place...

https://www.kby.org/english/torat-yavneh/view.asp?id=3916

Haftarah: "Many Nations with you"

By: Hamashgiach Harav Avraham Rivlin, shlita

The war of Gog and Magog, which is the Haftarah of Shabbat Chol Hamoed Succot, is inherently connected to Succot, and also finds expression in its the timing. The AR"I is cited as saying: "Gog u'Magog has the numerical value of seventy, corresponding to the seventy nations, because Gog and Magog will then rule over seventy nations, and they will all come together against Israel. When they will be redeemed from them, it will be Hashana Rabbah. Now, when they were redeemed from Bavel, they were exiled to Media, and afterwards to Greece, and afterwards to Rome, and afterwards will come the definite redemption."[1]

This statement of the AR"I adds a new dimension to the notion of Hoshana Rabbah. Hoshana Rabbah is the last day of Succot, on which we add extra prayers of "Hosha Na," more than on other days of the holiday, and we hold the arava, which is also called 'Hoshana,' because of the special prayer of the Succot days. The war of Gog and Magog, according to the AR"I, will be on this day, and it will bring a "Hashana Rabbah," i.e., a great and final redemption from all the exiles and the troubles that will pass over Am Yisrael. In other words, it will bring the end to exile.

From this we can understand the purpose of the war of Gog and Magog, and its special place in the framework of the Day of Judgment and the future redemption. One who examines the prophecy of Gog and Magog, especially the verses before the Haftarah, will note the emphasis placed on the primary motive of seizing money and plunder of spoil from Am Yisrael:

You will say: "I will advance against a land of open towns ... to seize booty and to take spoils" ... Sheba, Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all its officers will say to you, "Have you comes to seize booty? Is it to take spoils that you have assembled your hordes, to carry off silver and gold, to take livestock and property, to seize great booty?"

This simple economic motive does not seem to fit with the central role that the war of Gog and Magog plays in vision of the end of Days of Am Yisrael. The terrible punishment that is destined to Gog and Magog, which is described in the beginning of the Haftarah, does not stand proportionately to an "economic sin."

It shall be on that day that on the day that Gog comes against the soil of Israel – the word of the L-rd Hashem/ Elokim – My raging anger will flare up; for in My vengefulness, in the fire of My fury, I have spoken: [I swear] that on that day a great earthquake will take place upon the soil of Israel ... I will punish him with pestilence and with blood; torrential rain and hailstones, fire and sulfur I will I rain down upon him..." (38:18-22)

Therefore, the AR"I emphasizes another aspect that is also embedded in the verses of the prophecy and the Haftarah, that of a universal war against Am Yisrael. The scope of the war and the participation of the multitude of nations in it demonstrates that not only the desire for money and spoil motivates Gog and Magog, but also their desire to destroy G-d's nation and His Mashiach

In the early verses of the prophecy we already encounter the conglomeration of nations who join the ranks of Gog and Magog: "The prince, leader of Meshech and Tubal ... Persia, Cush and Put will be with them ... Gomer and all her cohorts, the house of Togarmah in the uttermost parts of the north, and all its cohorts – many peoples will be with you." (38:3-6) From here on there is an allusion to the gathering of nations in almost every verse that describes Gog and Magog's army: "and all your hordes that are mustered about you" (7); "gathered from many nations" (8); "You and all your cohorts and the many nations with you" (9); a people gathered from the nations (12); "You and many peoples with you ... a vast horde, a mighty army" (15).

This non-Jewish coalition from end to end demonstrates that the cause for this war is not just the desire to seize booty. The booty enters the mind of Gog, but what lies deep in the war in the struggle against G-d and His Messiah. That parallels the description in ch. 83 of Tehillim:

For behold, your foes are in uproar and those who hate You have raised their head. Against your people they plot deviously (sod = 70= Gog U'Magog=70 nations of the world]; they take counsel against those sheltered by You. They said, "Come let us cut them off from nationhood, so Israel's name will not be remembered any longer! For they take counsel together unanimously, they strike a covenant against You." [Malbim: The purpose of their all coming is against you, that they are jealous of your Divinity in the world through Israel, and this is the special purpose of them all.]

Here, as well, comes a detail of the conglomeration of nations comparable to our Haftarah: .

The tents of Edom and Ishmaelites; Moab and the Hagribes; Gebal and Amon, and Amalek: Philistia, with  the inhabitants of Tyre. Even Assyria joined with them, they became the strong arm of Lot's sons, Selah. (7-9)

Nations rose, nationss fell, but anti-Semitism is alive and well, and in each and every generation they stand against us to destroy us. Because what ever is connected to the hatred of the Chosen nation, all the nations are like one nation, and one man with one heart.

Against this unification will come the punishment of division: I will summon the sword against him to all My mountains – the word of the L-rd Hashem / Elokim – each man's sword will be against his brother. (38:21) Exactly like the first union of mankind against Hashem, The whole earth was of one language and of common purpose ... They said to one another ... "Come let us build a city, and a tower with its top in the heavens and let us make a name ... Hashem dispersed them from there over the face oft of the whole earth." (Bereishit 11:1-8) There also Chazal taught: "to one another" a nation to another nation, Egypt to Cush, and Cush to Put, and Put to Canaan," and there, also, there was sort of sword against each other, "This one asked for a brick, and the other would bring cement, and this one stood on him and cracked his head."

Against this gathering of nations, conversely, the salvation and sanctification of G-d's name which will thereby come will be in public to the eyes of all the nations: "I will punish him... I will be exalted and I will be sanctified, and I will make Myself known before the eyes of many nations; then they will know that I am Hashem.'

[1] Likutei Torah, Parshat Shemot. Cited in Be'er Moshe by the Ozrover Rebbe, Shemot, pp. 98-99.

In this thread I posted the actual translation of this Ezekiel.

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,64347.0.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »
I did read both of you post but I do not know Torah well enough to be able to understand it all. What is clear to me is that in the end of days around 70 nations will join to destroy Israel.
Our Orthodox Prophecy says that Russia will wipe out Turkey for their attack on Greece and that Istanbul is going to be a Christian city. I found this in several sources. All I know is that both Christian and Jewish prophecies predict some catastrophic war.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:51 PM »
I did read both of you post but I do not know Torah well enough to be able to understand it all. What is clear to me is that in the end of days around 70 nations will join to destroy Israel.
Our Orthodox Prophecy says that Russia will wipe out Turkey for their attack on Greece and that Istanbul is going to be a Christian city. I found this in several sources. All I know is that both Christian and Jewish prophecies predict some catastrophic war.
Have you read the war scroll yet?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 10:09:17 PM »
Have you read the war scroll yet?
I saw videos and read two of mumans links if that is what you mean. Aside of that I know very little about the final war Gog uMagog. What I was able to read from my Orthodox sources is that holy fathers urge people to move to mountainous areas when a big war starts. Money will not have any value and many will turn to country style of life to survive.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »
Out of those 70 nations, 57 have to be from the OIC and the remnant 13 have to be among the top of the modern leftist nations. 
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »
This is totally Awesome, as is the history and scenery.   I would like other Christians to see this video.   Man keeps making the same mistakes over and over, it is the same in America and why we suffer from the Presidency of Obama.  psalm 9:17  The wicked shall be turned into hell, and the nations that forgot God."  and Psalm 2:3, God who sits in the heavens shall laugh:  The Lord Shall have them in derision.... However, there is time to get right with him.  Many people discussing the signs of the Gog and Magog War.    Ezekiel 39...Son of man, prophesy against Gog and say: This is what the Soverign Lord says:  I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.  I will turn you around and drag you along.  I will bring you from the far north and send you against the Mountains of Israel.  Then I will strike your bow from your left hand and make your arrows drop from your right hand....This event when it happens will Shock and Stun the World!   

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 09:59:19 AM »
These bows and arrows look like some strategical nukes being hit and made dysfunctional by some tactical nuke in the war against the Kok & Vikok.