Author Topic: The economics of the "Turkish Spring" by Spengler in Asia Times  (Read 482 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Erdogan has a big problem with the economy. Turkeys Wirtschaftswunder was a bubble bloated by credit. But Erdogan thought he is now the biggest man in the region. He felt even strong enough to confront Israel. According to this he made his policy and displeased everybody except radical Sunni Muslims aka Salafists. But this are only 12 % of the population of Turkey. Let us see what will happen in the next months, if the economy goes down and the more clear thinking majority of the population will withdraw their support.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MID-02-030613.html
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: The economics of the "Turkish Spring" by Spengler in Asia Times
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:38:30 AM »
There are huge foreign investments in Turkey. Allot of heavy industry like steel and automobile production is going on there. Their tourist industry is also huge. Turkey is also running a "side" business of buying cheap oil from Iran and from the Kurds in Iraq and reselling it.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:32:21 AM »
Yes, but the question is how long it will continue.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
Great find...God bless you for giving me a link to this great site. I agree with this article.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 05:49:22 AM »
Great find...God bless you for giving me a link to this great site. I agree with this article.

Spengler is writing very good articles.