Author Topic: Zionist christians attacked by council of churches  (Read 2719 times)

newman

Zionist christians attacked by council of churches
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:47:22 AM »
The National Council of Churches lashes out against CUFI
 The National Council of Churches (NCC) is distressed that not all Christians share its animosity towards Israel.
Preferring not to address its own demographic implosion, the NCC periodically lashes out at more demographically robust Christian movements, especially conservative evangelicals.† In its latest fusillade, the NCC denounced the ìChristian Zionismî of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), which recently convened its second convention in Washington for pro-Israel evangelicals.††Newt Gringrich was among the speakers. More:

http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=29268

Offline Cyrizian

• Full JTFer
  • Celebrating a future without Islam :D
Re: Zionist christians attacked by council of churches
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 01:23:03 AM »
This is not surprising coming from the NCC. They are mostly made up of Roman Catholics who historically have dispised Jews. Constantine selected them as his prefered group of christians to unite Rome under because he hated Jews and the Catholics were the least Jewish of the various Christian groups. And we all know what the Roman Catholics did during the Crusades and Inquisitions. I think you'll notice that CUFI is comprised of mostly Protestants and Eastern Orthodox. These groups know that a win for the Jews is a win for the Christians... and a win for the Christians should be a win for the Jews.

This is not an attack on Catholics. There are many Catholics that are pro Israel... especially the ones that read their Bibles. But traditional Roman Catholicism has deemphasized reading of the Bible in order that they may tell YOU what the Bible says... They don't want you to read verses like this:

"And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you, I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed" - Genesis 12:3

Cyrizian
To liberate the Muslim from his religion is the best service that one can render him. -Earnest Renan
"Too long, for the honor of nations, have those Barbarians [Muslims] been permitted to trample on the sacred faith of treaties, on the rights and laws of human nature!"
-Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 01:33:09 AM »
The article also made an interesting observation that the established churches represented by the NCC are 'demographically challenged'. Meaning that their congregations are getting older and smaller each year. As opposed to the evangelical churches they attack whose congregations are growing each year with vibrant young families.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 01:39:17 AM »
"Constantine selected them as his prefered group of christians to unite Rome under because he hated Jews and the Catholics were the least Jewish of the various Christian groups."

I didn't realize some Christian groups are more Jewish than others.

I must be an idiot because I didn't even realize Christians are really Jews, or that some are more Jewish than others.

Learn something new every day around here.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 08:29:22 AM »
Yes fundementalist put alot of emphasis on the Tanach
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Cyrizian

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »
Muck,

Think about it. Judaism is the fundamental basics of Christianity. The more fundamental the christian is, the more Jewish the christian is. My church celebrates the passover as well as many of the other Jewish holidays. Jesus and all his followers were Jews and the more jewish we become, the more we understand Jesus and his disciples. They go hand in hand.

Cyrizian
To liberate the Muslim from his religion is the best service that one can render him. -Earnest Renan
"Too long, for the honor of nations, have those Barbarians [Muslims] been permitted to trample on the sacred faith of treaties, on the rights and laws of human nature!"
-Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 12:51:41 PM »
Muck,

Think about it. Judaism is the fundamental basics of Christianity. The more fundamental the christian is, the more Jewish the christian is. My church celebrates the passover as well as many of the other Jewish holidays. Jesus and all his followers were Jews and the more jewish we become, the more we understand Jesus and his disciples. They go hand in hand.

Cyrizian
It's just a poor choice of words, Cyrizian. You can't be part Jewish, more Jewish or use 'Jewish' in that context. One is either a Jew or a non-Jew. Some churches teachings are perhaps 'closer to christianity's Hebrew roots', 'closer to Torah' or 'closer to Judaism' than others. But to use the term 'more Jewish' sounds odd. I'm not meaning to nit-pick, but that's probably the reason for his response.

Offline Cyrizian

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »
Ahh, your right newman. Sorry, bad choice of words. I meant to say "closer to its hebrew roots."
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 03:16:01 PM »
This is not surprising coming from the NCC. They are mostly made up of Roman Catholics who historically have dispised Jews.
Actually, the NCC is made up mostly of leftist mainline Protestants like Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians, etc.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »
This is nothing new. Get on paltalk some times. I've been berated by "Christians" that belittle me for even speaking with Jews on PT. These people are despicable.  They claim to "love the Jewish prophets in the Tanach" but hate the "Goldstein's across the street".  I've dealt with these people.  They preach to me of my Theology and spout the most vile of words to the Jewish people. Calling them all kinds of vile words. For those that believe in what I do, and you belittle and defame in any way the Jewish people, in my opinion that is a sin, and you will pay for it one way or the other.  In my opinion if you call yourself a "Christian" and hate the Jewish people, stay away from me, shave your head and become a nazi. I have no use for you, and you are luke warm water which I spit out of my mouth.

** Note of the term "Goldsteins across the street" text was not in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM meant to be derogatory, hateful, or to cause any ill feelings to the Jewish people on this forum. It was texted too drive a point across. If I have texted anything that any Jew finds objectionable, it was not intended and I will apologize before hand if I caused anyone personal grief.
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
mosquewatch:  "...I've been berated by "Christians" that belittle me for even speaking with Jews on PT. These people are despicable..."

There's an old saying which answers the question "Why are the Jews so insane?"

answer:
2000 years of "Christian Love" have given them "a bad case of nerves."

(no disrespect towards true Christian believers intended)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »
I think more politicians in the GOP should listen what Newt tells them.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 08:23:50 PM »
MassuhDGoodName,

EXACTLY !!!  Even the Christians have done some heinous actions toward the Jewish people. It is past time we own up too our ignorance and stupidity for such actions. I do not blame the Jewish people at all for the "Sudden case of Nerves", they have every right too feel this way.
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline Catholic Zionist 73

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 07:44:08 PM »
This is not surprising coming from the NCC. They are mostly made up of Roman Catholics who historically have dispised Jews.
Actually, the NCC is made up mostly of leftist mainline Protestants like Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians, etc.

Thankyou! I'm not going to deny that The Catholic Church has made some terrible mistakes. And I don't agree with everything it does today. But the mainstream Protestants are far more left-wing and anti-Israel. Didn't the Presbyterians vote for divestment from Israel? Episcopalians, don't they have homosexual bishops??? The Church of England seems to divide it's time between cosying up to the British government, criticizing Israel, and accepting homosexuality!

Offline Catholic Zionist 73

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 08:13:32 PM »
This is not surprising coming from the NCC. They are mostly made up of Roman Catholics who historically have dispised Jews. Constantine selected them as his prefered group of christians to unite Rome under because he hated Jews and the Catholics were the least Jewish of the various Christian groups. And we all know what the Roman Catholics did during the Crusades and Inquisitions. I think you'll notice that CUFI is comprised of mostly Protestants and Eastern Orthodox. These groups know that a win for the Jews is a win for the Christians... and a win for the Christians should be a win for the Jews.

Cyrizian

Actually, thats a little too simplistic. I'm not so sure that Constantine "selected" Catholics. The East-West Schism between Catholics and Eastern Orthodox only occured in 1054. Constantine founded Constantinople as his capital city. It was the centre of the Greek Orthodox. So if Constantine selected anyone it would have been the Greek Orthodox, not the Catholics.

The Protestant Reformation was started by Martin Luther, who was more Anti-Semitic than any Pope. He argued that Jewish synagogues and schools should be set on fire!

Pogrom is derived from a Russian word meaning ‘devastation’. The Russians are not Catholic. The Khmelnytsky Uprising in The Ukraine which raged from 1648-1654 included some of the worst anti-Semitic massacres. Perpetrated by Ukrainian Cossacks, it also targeted Polish CATHOLICS! tens of thousands of Jews AND Catholics were slaughtered by Cossacks and their MUSLIM Tatar allies!

This doesn't deny that the Catholic Church did do wrong as well. I'm ashamed of The Crusades and Inquisitions, but other Christians have been anti-Semitic too. We all have to work together now. Genesis 12:3 is in my Catholic Bible too! Real Catholics support Jews and Israel too.