Author Topic: It's almost February... time to celebrate....  (Read 4024 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: It's almost February... time to celebrate....
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:10:34 AM »

You mean black dog history month?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:33:23 AM »
Shalom AngryChineseKahanist...

Happy Year of the Horse...

My company is throwing a big shindig... Of course I am unable to go to it... But it should be interesting to see my coworkers...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:36:41 AM »
This article compares and contrasts the Jewish calendar with the Chinese calendar...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/14464#.UutSTXW9jAQ

Op-Ed: Jewish and Chinese Calendars
Published: Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:39 PM

Interesting calendar comparisons: lunar and solar calendars, Chinese, Jews and Moslems.

The Gregorian calendar—the most commonly used calendar on earth today--is solar.  It is based on the time it takes the earth to go around the sun, which is a tiny bit less than 365 ¼ days. The months are arbitrary.  They are called “months” because they are a reflection of the lunar cycle—the time it takes for the moon to circle the earth..  A lunar month is 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 3 seconds long.  On lunar calendars, months typically are either 29 or 30 days long.

The Islamic calendar is lunar.  Since 12 lunar months don’t add up to 365 ¼ days, the Islamic months occur a bit earlier every solar year. The month of Ramadan will begin on June 29 in 2014. Since Muslims are required to fast during the day and eat only at night, the fast will be extremely long at northern latitudes. Twenty years ago, in 1994, Ramadan began on February 12. When a calendar is lunar, the holidays move around the year, and so the fast in the northern hemisphere was noticeably shorter in 1994 than it will be in 2014.

The Jewish and Chinese calendars are solar-lunar. A month is a real month—the time it takes for the moon to circle the earth.  A year is a real year—the time it takes for the earth to circle the sun. Since the lunar months don’t quite add up to a year, an extra month is added in leap years.  In both calendars, leap years occur 7 times every 19 years.

Sometimes, a Chinese year begins on the first day of Shvat, the month before Adar, rather than the first day of Adar.  That’s because Chinese and Jewish leap years don’t always coincide.  Even though both calendars add a month 7 times every 19 years, the leap years don’t have to take place the same year. 7 and 19 are both prime numbers, and 19 divided by 7 is between 2 and 3, and so the time between leap years is either two or three years.

The current Jewish year, 5774, is a leap year.  There will be two months of Adar this year. Whenever there are two Adars, the Chinese year begins on the day when Adar I will begin at sundown.  Adar I will begin at sundown on January 31, the day that the Chinese Year of the Horse arrives at 12:01 A.M.

Jewish and Chinese holidays often occur on the full moon. The Jewish holiday Sukkot often coincides with Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as Moon Cake day.  In 2014, these two holidays will be a month apart, since both the Chinese and Jewish years are leap years, but the extra month on the Chinese calendar is added at the very end of the year, generally in late January.

Sometimes the Jewish holiday of Purim coincides with Chinese Lantern Festival.  Both are cheerful days occurring on a full moon. Since there are two Adars in 5774, and since Purim occurs in Adar II when that happens, they will be a month apart this year.

Hanukkah is an exception to the common occurrence of Jewish holidays at the time of the full moon.  It begins on the 25th of Kislev, when there are two remaining days of the waning moon. Then come four days with no moon at all, followed by the first two days of the waxing moon.  Hanukkah is on the darkest nights of the year (at least, in the northern hemisphere) when the days are shortest and there is either no moon or merely the last two or the first two of the lunar cycle.  It is a perfect time for the Festival of Lights.  (Christmas was set on the 25th of December, an echo of the 25th of Kislev. It too occurs at a dark time of the year and is associated with lights, but since the Gregorian calendar is solar and not solar-lunar, it is possible for a full moon to take place at Christmas.)

A solar-lunar calendar and holidays on the full moon are two of the similarities between Chinese and Jewish traditions. There are cultural similarities as well: Jewish and Chinese children are likely to do well in school. On the other hand, there is nothing in Chinese tradition that in any way resembles Kashrut, since pork, dog meat, and donkey meat are all part of China’s culinary traditions.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 02:51:36 AM »
Yes, and Happy New year as well to ACK!!!!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 06:43:05 AM »
Thanks all!
And thanks for making it a black horse.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 07:47:54 AM »
I wonder if KFC has any special deals.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 11:08:17 AM »
The pets at Littlest Pet Shop seem to have pretty healthy teeth during this Thriller parody:

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »
Thanks all!
And thanks for making it a black horse.

But in the tradition of the month... it shoulda been an angry black horse.

Offline Jenny

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »
I just got on to say Happy Chinese New Year and once again it's time for me to go out and have a hot good time to celebrate.
I'm going to wear my red dress because that is the color for Chinese New Year but the dress has a long slit from the bottom up to the hip but I guess the men will have to control themselves.  It's the year of the Horse so I hope I meet someone who is like a horse...

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »
I just got on to say Happy Chinese New Year and once again it's time for me to go out and have a hot good time to celebrate.
I'm going to wear my red dress because that is the color for Chinese New Year but the dress has a long slit from the bottom up to the hip but I guess the men will have to control themselves.  It's the year of the Horse so I hope I meet someone who is like a horse...
Come on. :laugh: :::D
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 06:31:08 PM »

Shame on your lack of tzniut... I seriously, seriously doubt you are Jewish...

You and Sandra Fluke have a lot in common...

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »
Have mercy!  :o  :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »
I bet the troll "Jenny" is Kelly Scott, yimach shema.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »
I bet the troll "Jenny" is Kelly Scott, yimach shema.

Could be or Tina Dreko.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Jenny

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »

Offline ForLorN

• Junior JTFer
  • I F.A.SM
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »

You are probably just as ugly as Tina Greco, Mr. Turbob1967.
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” ~Albert Einstein

Offline Jenny

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 11:57:16 AM »

Funny how you first registered in January 2014 and you know who these people are and I was registered way before that and I don't know who they are and you even have a picture.... mmmm makes me think that you are....? ... you got caught now.. besides I am off limits so people ignore me and don't comment.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 03:26:04 PM »
Cute dogs....yes they do need their teeth brushed to prevent the teeth from decaying!   A few more weeks and it will be time for Passover.

Offline ForLorN

• Junior JTFer
  • I F.A.SM
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »
Funny how you first registered in January 2014 and you know who these people are and I was registered way before that and I don't know who they are and you even have a picture.... mmmm makes me think that you are....? ... you got caught now.. besides I am off limits so people ignore me and don't comment.

Hey there Yemach Schemo To John Kerry/Turbob1967. Are you done with trolling Serbian and Canadian forums? We have your Ip address on the Serbian forum. You didn't get any sympathy from us out there so buzz out freak.
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” ~Albert Einstein

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 09:25:21 PM »
Hey there Yemach Schemo To John Kerry/Turbob1967. Are you done with trolling Serbian and Canadian forums? We have your Ip address on the Serbian forum. You didn't get any sympathy from us out there so buzz out freak.

Hey FagLorN, are you done whining?
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 10:24:09 PM »

I think it is possible that Jenny is Tina Greco. But even if she isn't, she is still a troll.

Offline Jenny

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 12:37:13 AM »
You can't lie your way out of this one, you are a junior jtfer, registered January and you know your way around and know all the people that were previously on here so we want to know Who you are.

Don't be like obaaamy trying to put up smoke screens with you have this ip and that ip because you want to throw people off your trail.

Offline Jenny

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 12:39:24 AM »

I think it is possible that Jenny is Tina Greco. But even if she isn't, she is still a troll.
lol lol lol lol lol lol :laugh:
I'm a troll, lol lol lol :dance: