Author Topic: Marijuana Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths  (Read 6481 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Marijuana Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »
For some reason I just don't beleive the stoner claim that inhaling 1000 degree smoke has no harmful effects.

Where did you come up with this one? 1000 degree? I don't think so..

More like between 200-300 degree F...

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/index.php?/topic/108834-what-temperature-does-marijuana-burn-at/
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 08:07:35 PM »
I also disbelieve this study... I know from experience that until recently there was no correlation between use of MJ and driving accidents. There have been many studies and this is the 1st one which has made this claim. We will see if it is reproduceable.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »
I also disbelieve this study... I know from experience that until recently there was no correlation between use of MJ and driving accidents. There have been many studies and this is the 1st one which has made this claim. We will see if it is reproduceable.
This study is FACT weather you believe it or not.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 08:23:55 PM »
This study is FACT weather you believe it or not.

And so were the others FACT... And like all science it is only FACT if the study is reproducable.

I can post other studies here which have shown otherwise... But this argument is getting old.

I know for a fact because in 1993 I beat a DWI pot charge very easily. We presented the scientific studies at the time and showed that there was no correlation between use and impaired driving. Granted that was 20 years ago but I doubt that things have changed that much in that time. I also have been looking on google and found some other studies which support my position.

Once again my position, which has not changed during my JTF involvement, is that recreational use should not be legalized. But that medical use (by doctors prescription) should be permitted.

I know you will discount NORML's presentation of the scientific findings on the topic, but I will post it here anyhow....

http://norml.org/library/item/marijuana-and-driving-a-review-of-the-scientific-evidence

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 08:32:35 PM »
BTW, what do you intend to do to get all the 'Sleepy drivers' off the road? Do you know they are responsible for far more (11 Million) accidents? Over 1,500 people a year are killed by sleepy drivers...

http://drowsydriving.org/about/facts-and-stats/

According to the National Sleep Foundation’s 2005 Sleep in America poll, 60% of adult drivers – about 168 million people – say they have driven a vehicle while feeling drowsy in the past year, and more than one-third, (37% or 103 million people), have actually fallen asleep at the wheel! In fact, of those who have nodded off, 13% say they have done so at least once a month. Four percent – approximately eleven million drivers – admit they have had an accident or near accident because they dozed off or were too tired to drive.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration conservatively estimates that 100,000 police-reported crashes are the direct result of driver fatigue each year. This results in an estimated 1,550 deaths, 71,000 injuries, and $12.5 billion in monetary losses. These figures may be the tip of the iceberg, since currently it is difficult to attribute crashes to sleepiness.

* There is no test to determine sleepiness as there is for intoxication, i.e. a “Breathalyzer”.

* State reporting practices are inconsistent. There is little or no police training in identifying drowsiness as a crash factor. Every state currently addresses fatigue and/or sleepiness in some way in their crash report forms. However, the codes are inconsistent and two states (Missouri and Wisconsin) do not have specific codes for fatigue and/or fell asleep.

* Self-reporting is unreliable.

* Drowsiness/fatigue may play a role in crashes attributed to other causes such as alcohol. About one million such crashes annually are thought to be produced by driver inattention/lapses.

* According to data from Australia, England, Finland, and other European nations, all of whom have more consistent crash reporting procedures than the U.S., drowsy driving represents 10 to 30 percent of all crashes.

Maybe we should have a way to test how sleepy people are before they can start their vehicle?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 08:34:15 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep-deprived_driving

Sleep-deprived driving is the operation of a motor vehicle while being cognitively impaired by a lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation is a major cause of motor vehicle accidents, and it can impair the human brain as much as alcohol can.[1] According to a 1998 survey, 23% of adults have fallen asleep while driving.[2] According to the United States Department of Transportation, male drivers admit to have fallen asleep while driving twice as much as female drivers.[3]

In the United States, 250,000 drivers fall asleep at the wheel every day, according to the Division of Sleep Medicine at Harvard Medical School and in a national poll by the National Sleep Foundation, 54% of adult drivers said they had driven while drowsy during the past year with 28% saying they had actually fallen asleep while driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, drowsy driving is a factor in more than 100,000 crashes, resulting in 1,550 deaths and 40,000 injuries annually in the USA.[4]

When a person does not get an adequate amount of sleep his or her ability to function is affected. As listed below their coordination is impaired, have longer reaction time, impairs judgment, and memory is impaired. This means a person who is tired has a higher rate of forgetting things and not being able to remember things.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »
I could only find things that cigarettes burn at 1292 F at the tip when they're inhaled. I mean honestly though the majority of people only want marijuana legalized "medically" as a step towards legalizing recreationally

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 10:42:56 PM »
I could only find things that cigarettes burn at 1292 F at the tip when they're inhaled. I mean honestly though the majority of people only want marijuana legalized "medically" as a step towards legalizing recreationally

My experience is that it has actual medicinal uses which provide pain relief without the bad effects of the opiate based pain medicine. I had a painful condition which was diagnosed as Vasculitis (later it was called Venus Insufficiency) for which I was prescribed Hydrocodone. I was taking those for several years (I actually still have 2 empty pill bottles on my desk here at work)... It is not good to take them for too long...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 10:43:53 PM »
Anway, I feel like the Lone Ranger in this discussion...

I hope that we will all know the truth soon..

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »
Yawn. Death, taxes, and this.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 12:23:28 AM »
Yawn. Death, taxes, and this.

Hey you see the guy on the pictures that say you're an agent provocateur?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 05:04:53 AM »
Cocaine, meth & heroin are nothing like marijuana. Completely different! Marijuana in moderation once in a while in the safety of one's own home is NOTHING like getting drugged out on hard drugs that make people go crazy and jump into pools to drown or jump from buildings or hear voices in their heads that makes them attack people. Very different, and I don't buy into the mass hysteria about smoking a few hits of pot is going to make people go on a hallucination LSD trip. I know plenty of people who once in a while get a little bit of marijuana and smoke it on a Saturday night like once or twice a year. All they do is laugh a lot to a movie for a few hours and get hungry, that's it! That is what marijuana in moderation is like. No trips, no hallucinations, no attacking people no going out to rob a liquor store. They're not stupid enough to go driving after it either. And they NEVER are interested in cocaine or meth or anything like that. They work, pay their taxes and don't get into trouble.

I find that it is usually the people who never smoked once in their lives (and have no idea what it feels like) are the most susceptible to fall for the lies about marijuana and think getting high is some horrible acid trip that makes people shoot at passing traffic and then go on a murder spree. This was said of Absinthe a long time ago and it turned out to be totally false and re-legalized. How many people here who are so vehemently against marijuana and say it's some hell demon acid have actually tried it? (Don't have to answer it). I am sure there are people who smoked in their younger years are against it in their older years.

I don't agree with people illegally doing marijuana because illegal pot is handled by the drug cartels that are responsible for killing innocent people, human trafficking etc. To buy illegal marijuana is to help the evil traffickers who destroy people's lives, who kill and kidnap. Legal marijuana, however, has not affected Amsterdam. If the fools in Colorado don't know how to handle it (because they're like stupid kids in a candy store) then the penalties for being irresponsible with legal marijuana should be very harsh so that it will deter people from smoking and driving. Make examples out of them for their irresponsible stupidity.
Oh but drunk drivers kill people on the road too yet no one is crying for alcohol prohibition. And there are people who cause accident because they're on pain killers- we don't want that banned. And Muman is right, sleepy drivers do kill on the road. I hope I am not sounding rude but I can't fall into the mass hysteria about legal marijuana destroying society.

I agree that there are people who have mental problems (like psychosis, schizophrenia etc) who should never take marijuana because it could affect them mentally, but that is true of many legal drugs as well.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:18:52 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 05:10:37 AM »
To be honest, in Montreal, more than 50% of people use marijuana, and when I was very young, I was in cars many times where the driver smoked while driving, and there never was a problem. The Canadian ski team used marijuana before the games, and were disqualified for using "performance enhancing drugs", and of course, instant reactions are critical, and I know a fighter who used it before a match, and is superb, so I also have major doubts as to the validity of this study, or that someone who uses it regularly will have their response time inhibited.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 12:54:29 PM »
Cocaine, meth & heroin are nothing like marijuana. Completely different! Marijuana in moderation once in a while in the safety of one's own home is NOTHING like getting drugged out on hard drugs that make people go crazy and jump into pools to drown or jump from buildings or hear voices in their heads that makes them attack people. Very different, and I don't buy into the mass hysteria about smoking a few hits of pot is going to make people go on a hallucination LSD trip. I know plenty of people who once in a while get a little bit of marijuana and smoke it on a Saturday night like once or twice a year. All they do is laugh a lot to a movie for a few hours and get hungry, that's it! That is what marijuana in moderation is like. No trips, no hallucinations, no attacking people no going out to rob a liquor store. They're not stupid enough to go driving after it either. And they NEVER are interested in cocaine or meth or anything like that. They work, pay their taxes and don't get into trouble.

I find that it is usually the people who never smoked once in their lives (and have no idea what it feels like) are the most susceptible to fall for the lies about marijuana and think getting high is some horrible acid trip that makes people shoot at passing traffic and then go on a murder spree. This was said of Absinthe a long time ago and it turned out to be totally false and re-legalized. How many people here who are so vehemently against marijuana and say it's some hell demon acid have actually tried it? (Don't have to answer it). I am sure there are people who smoked in their younger years are against it in their older years.

I don't agree with people illegally doing marijuana because illegal pot is handled by the drug cartels that are responsible for killing innocent people, human trafficking etc. To buy illegal marijuana is to help the evil traffickers who destroy people's lives, who kill and kidnap. Legal marijuana, however, has not affected Amsterdam. If the fools in Colorado don't know how to handle it (because they're like stupid kids in a candy store) then the penalties for being irresponsible with legal marijuana should be very harsh so that it will deter people from smoking and driving. Make examples out of them for their irresponsible stupidity.
Oh but drunk drivers kill people on the road too yet no one is crying for alcohol prohibition. And there are people who cause accident because they're on pain killers- we don't want that banned. And Muman is right, sleepy drivers do kill on the road. I hope I am not sounding rude but I can't fall into the mass hysteria about legal marijuana destroying society.

I agree that there are people who have mental problems (like psychosis, schizophrenia etc) who should never take marijuana because it could affect them mentally, but that is true of many legal drugs as well.

Yawn.

Offline Gronkh

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »
They are scared so let's do it!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »
And so were the others FACT... And like all science it is only FACT if the study is reproducable.

I can post other studies here which have shown otherwise... But this argument is getting old.

I know for a fact because in 1993 I beat a DWI pot charge very easily. We presented the scientific studies at the time and showed that there was no correlation between use and impaired driving. Granted that was 20 years ago but I doubt that things have changed that much in that time. I also have been looking on google and found some other studies which support my position.

Once again my position, which has not changed during my JTF involvement, is that recreational use should not be legalized. But that medical use (by doctors prescription) should be permitted.

I know you will discount NORML's presentation of the scientific findings on the topic, but I will post it here anyhow....

http://norml.org/library/item/marijuana-and-driving-a-review-of-the-scientific-evidence
Why were you charged with DWI?
What behavior caused that?

Plus, smoking pot and driving doesn't make you any more susceptible to falling asleep behind the wheel? It might.  Just a thought. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 06:07:37 PM »
I did not know that devout Jews, and devout Gentiles that now consider themselves to be Jews, can acceptably use marijuana. But I'm an ignorant person that has a lot of things to learn in life, so maybe I'm wrong.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »
Yawn.
LSDBR,  that isn't nice.
Are you one of those 'never smoked pot over the top anti legalizing recreational pot people'?
I must be, for sure.  But then...we don't live under rocks...do we?
You don't have to have smoked pot to know that consistent use of marijuana does have deleterious effects on people.
Just look at your friendly pot head from highschool...twenty years later.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-health-impact-of-regular-marijuana-use/0005306

https://cyber.law.harvard.edu/evidence99/marijuana/Health_1.html

Health_Concerns: WHAT ARE THE MEDICAL DANGERS OF MARIJUANA USE?

I must preface these statements with the remark that there is still a great deal of research to be done concerning the effects of marijuana on the health of humans due to the fact that widespread marijuana use has only become prevalent in this country within the last three decades, so the effects of long-term use are just beginning to become apparent. I should also add that in making these observations, I have concentrated on the risks of smoking natural marijuana, since it is the most effective method of ingesting its active cannabinoids.

Marijuana has often been touted as one of the safest recreational substances available. This is perhaps true; many reputable scientific studies support the conclusion that cocaine, heroine, alcohol, and even cigarettes are more dangerous to the user�s health than marijuana. In addition, the celebrated pharmacological properties of cannabis have led thirty-six states to permit its use as a therapeutic drug for, among others, those suffering from AIDS; various painful, incurable and debilitating illnesses; the harmful side effects of cancer chemotherapy, and glaucoma. Additional research is being conducted concerning the use of marijuana on the treatment of anxiety and mental disorders.

Nonetheless, it would be fallacious to conclude that because the chemicals in marijuana have been found to present fewer dangers than some very harmful substances, the medical or recreational use of marijuana is perfectly safe. In a recreational context, marijuana has been shown to affect health, brain function, and memory. And in a medical context, marijuana is like any other powerful prescription drug: it has potentially dangerous side effects, and the decision to use it to treat patients must involve the same balancing test as the one required for chemotherapy or AZT: do the therapeutic effects of the drug outweigh its harmful effects? Though there are many more studies to be done on this issue, current data shows that the answer to this question may not always be "yes."

People should stop comparing marijuana to other drugs or alcohol.  The issue is MARIJUANA. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 06:17:39 PM »
LSDBR,  that isn't nice.
Are you one of those 'never smoked pot over the top anti legalizing recreational pot people'?
I must be, for sure.  But then...we don't live under rocks...do we?
You don't have to have smoked pot to know that consistent use of marijuana does have deleterious effects on people.
Just look at your friendly pot head from highschool...twenty years later.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-health-impact-of-regular-marijuana-use/0005306

https://cyber.law.harvard.edu/evidence99/marijuana/Health_1.html

Health_Concerns: WHAT ARE THE MEDICAL DANGERS OF MARIJUANA USE?

I must preface these statements with the remark that there is still a great deal of research to be done concerning the effects of marijuana on the health of humans due to the fact that widespread marijuana use has only become prevalent in this country within the last three decades, so the effects of long-term use are just beginning to become apparent. I should also add that in making these observations, I have concentrated on the risks of smoking natural marijuana, since it is the most effective method of ingesting its active cannabinoids.

Marijuana has often been touted as one of the safest recreational substances available. This is perhaps true; many reputable scientific studies support the conclusion that cocaine, heroine, alcohol, and even cigarettes are more dangerous to the user�s health than marijuana. In addition, the celebrated pharmacological properties of cannabis have led thirty-six states to permit its use as a therapeutic drug for, among others, those suffering from AIDS; various painful, incurable and debilitating illnesses; the harmful side effects of cancer chemotherapy, and glaucoma. Additional research is being conducted concerning the use of marijuana on the treatment of anxiety and mental disorders.

Nonetheless, it would be fallacious to conclude that because the chemicals in marijuana have been found to present fewer dangers than some very harmful substances, the medical or recreational use of marijuana is perfectly safe. In a recreational context, marijuana has been shown to affect health, brain function, and memory. And in a medical context, marijuana is like any other powerful prescription drug: it has potentially dangerous side effects, and the decision to use it to treat patients must involve the same balancing test as the one required for chemotherapy or AZT: do the therapeutic effects of the drug outweigh its harmful effects? Though there are many more studies to be done on this issue, current data shows that the answer to this question may not always be "yes."

People should stop comparing marijuana to other drugs or alcohol.  The issue is MARIJUANA.
You're right Bullcat, I have lived under a rock. I'm a prude, and I'm narrowminded, and I'm too sheltered for my own good. Chaim must be wrong about drug use. He's just not modern and hip and does not understand it.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 08:08:54 PM »
Some of you people are completely rude.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 08:23:09 PM »
Some of you people are completely rude.
Agreed, no need for mockery when people puts themselves out there....
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »
Agreed, no need for mockery when people puts themselves out there....
That is right!
No one should mock a person for never having smoked pot.
Just because a person has never used drugs...it doesn't mean they haven't lived or don't have any knowledge about it.

And being that young people do read this forum, I would prefer to stand on the side of being anti drugs.  Even medicinal...unless there is no other choice.
Not inform them that there are no ill effects from it.  Especially, since that is not true.  I don't care who legalizes what.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:40:51 PM by bullcat3 »

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 10:48:57 PM »
That is right!
No one should mock a person for never having smoked pot.

Ok. Too bad my words were misconstrued. No one was mocking people "for not smoking pot"...which is a way of twisting other people's words (kind of like what used to be done to Muman before) . Saying that it seems that those who never did it are usually the ones who think pot turns into some acid trip that makes people insane etc is not mocking them like saying they are morons and idiots who have to be ridiculed for their stupid views. And it's very different than saying "people who never smoked should be made fun of"...which I never said either of the last two. But somehow you took offense as if I had said them. If you are able of taking one thing to the opposite extreme then there is nothing you and I can discuss. And in fact, when I am on the forum I am seriously not going to direct myself to you just to keep things peaceful.

I rather not deal with the topic since that may probably get twisted too. Me saying that I'm not going to argue may turn into me "mocking" people for arguing.
I did try medicinal a long time ago and that's why I don't give into the hype, but a few years ago I made a vow I would never touch it again. My Yeshiva-raised frum boyfriend never tried it in his life and we get along. Except unlike about 2% of people in this forum, he doesn't have the virtue of sarcasm.

So we disagree and I'm not interested in arguing about it. If you guys want to keep going and yawning fine. I'm not going to argue with people I don't know over some post online about something I don't do myself even if it became legal. Other than that, I am sorry if my words came out wrong in my initial post.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:55:10 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 02:26:24 AM »
bc3,

You don't know what you are talking about, to put it bluntly...

I know better than you. But I have no need to prove anything to you.

Enough with this topic.

The facts will be known, whether you like it or not.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 06:58:40 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-395704/Cannabis-gateway-harder-drugs.html
Cannabis a 'gateway to harder drugs'
Teenage pot smokers are much more likely to go on to use harder drugs, such as heroin, claims a new report.

Researchers insist they now have scientific proof that cannabis works as a “gateway” drug and makes young users more physically vulnerable to heroin addiction later in life.

Drugs

• Facts every parent should know

The landmark study is certain to have an impact on the debate over whether to legalise the so-called soft drug.

And it is a major boost for anti-drug campaigners who argue that peer pressure and exposure to dealers peddling marijuana tempts teens to escalate their drug use.

Published in the online scientific journal Neuropsychopharmacology, it claims using cannabis damages the developing brain chemistry in smokers aged under 21, making them more likely to become hooked on heroin.

"Cannabis has very long-term, enduring effects on the brain," said Dr.

Jasmin Hurd, of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, who led the study.

She said her findings “provide direct evidence in support of the gateway hypothesis that adolescent cannabis exposure contributes to

greater heroin intake in adulthood.”

Using young rats, Hurd’s team found those exposed to cannabis during adolescence took in much larger doses of heroin when the animals were trained to self-administer it.

The results challenge those who claim that drug experimentation does not affect the brain.

They showed that the brain may "remember" previous usage and subsequently crave a bigger fix of harder drugs.

The experiment using rats was set up to mirror human use as closely as possible.

Hurd and her team looked at rats exposed to the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, during a developmental period similar to human

adolescence. To mimic the relatively small amount used by most teens experimenting with pot, the rodents received periodic, small doses of THC.

As young adults, the animals were fitted with catheters that allowed them to self-administer heroin. The researchers compared the amount and

frequency of their drug use with that of rats that had not been given THC previously.

The THC-exposed rats consistently took larger amounts of the drug.

The researchers also found that the THC-exposed rats showed disturbances in the brain's endogenous opioid system, which is often

popularly referred to as the "reward system" of the brain and, in humans, is involved in experiencing pleasure.

"I was really surprised at how specific and enduring the effects of cannabis were," Hurd added.

Neurologist Jim van Os, a cannabis expert at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands, said the findings show the drug’s

damaging effects on the reward structures of the brain.

He added: “There is now overwhelming evidence that nobody in the brain’s developmental stage – under the age of 21 – should use

cannabis.”
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane