Author Topic: Want to live longer and healthier lives? Eat lots of vegetables and fruits!  (Read 10197 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

Yet another large scientific study discovers what all of the research has shown for decades: people who eat lots of vegetables and fruits every day live longer and healthier lives. Vegetables are even healthier than fruits. People who eat seven portions a day have the best results.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/04/01/mom-was-right-eat-lots-of-veggies-theyre-even-better-for-you-than-fruit/?tid=hpModule_1f58c93a-8a7a-11e2-98d9-3012c1cd8d1e

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
"People who eat seven or more portions of fresh fruits and vegetables each day may reduce their risk of dying by as much as 42 percent over people who consume less than one portion, "

1) They are comparing 7 or more vs. less than 1. I don't think the effect get's much better when its 6 to 7 or 5 to 7.
2) "risk of dying"- I thought that dying was extremely close to 100%
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
"People who eat seven or more portions of fresh fruits and vegetables each day may reduce their risk of dying by as much as 42 percent over people who consume less than one portion, "

1) They are comparing 7 or more vs. less than 1. I don't think the effect get's much better when its 6 to 7 or 5 to 7.
2) "risk of dying"- I thought that dying was extremely close to 100%

בס''ד

Did you read the whole article before you posted this? It's right here in black and white: the more you eat (up to seven portions), the better the results.

More remarkably, the researchers said they were able to quantify the health benefits per portion of fruits and vegetables consumed. One to three portions daily reduced the chance of death from any cause by 14 percent, three to five portions had a 29 percent impact, five to seven portions dropped the chances by 36 percent and seven or more portions produced a 42 percent decline in the risk of death. The benefits appeared to tail off at that level.

The study concluded that each daily portion of fresh vegetables reduced the overall risk of death by 16 percent. For salad,  the benefit was 13 percent, and for fresh fruit it was 4 percent.

As far as risk of dying, that refers to death within a certain time period. In this case, the time period was 12 years. It also refers to death from specific causes such as cancer or heart disease.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Diets also have to be adjusted per individual even based on their ethnic background and genetics.  Eskimos, who don't have access to many fruits and vegetables ate primarily fish and fats of sea animals.  When fruits and grains were introduced to them, diabetes spiked in their community.

People of middle eastern and mediterranean background would also have a customized diet that benefits them.  So not one size fits all.

However, in general, natural foods (veggies and fruits) are the best thing for one's health.  Limited grains, fish and nuts are also healthy.  Poultry better than red meat, but both should be limited.  Dairy products, it depends.  Eggs, I'm biased.  Too much is not good.  Enough is very good (like 1-2 every other day, in my opinion as long as your cholesterol is limited.). High protein and rich in vitamins and low in calories and fat.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
I agree on the eggs.... I refuse to believe they are as bad as most people let on....

My wife has been using some type of machine to grind / press vegetables like kale, carrots, ginger, beets, etc.... I drink a glass of that every day which is multiple servings of vegetables and fruit. I actually feel better and am not as hungry. For dinner I usually eat grilled fish (tuna, salmon, sword fish, snapper, etc.) and a reasonable serving of wild rice along with my drink.... I weigh about 185 - 190 pounds and exercise daily so I use a lot of calories but I don't get hungry after that meal till the next morning. I am hoping it is because the meal contains so many/much nutrients that a body needs, thus leaves very little for my body to crave.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Diets also have to be adjusted per individual even based on their ethnic background and genetics.  Eskimos, who don't have access to many fruits and vegetables ate primarily fish and fats of sea animals.  When fruits and grains were introduced to them, diabetes spiked in their community.

People of middle eastern and mediterranean background would also have a customized diet that benefits them.  So not one size fits all.

However, in general, natural foods (veggies and fruits) are the best thing for one's health.  Limited grains, fish and nuts are also healthy.  Poultry better than red meat, but both should be limited.  Dairy products, it depends.  Eggs, I'm biased.  Too much is not good.  Enough is very good (like 1-2 every other day, in my opinion as long as your cholesterol is limited.). High protein and rich in vitamins and low in calories and fat.

בס''ד

I agree with everything that the great Dr. Dan has written except on the subject of eggs.

The government and medical establishment recommend a daily cholesterol intake of under 300 milligrams a day for healthy people and under 200 milligrams for unhealthy people (who have heart problems, diabetes, high cholesterol levels etc.). I personally think these recommended levels are too high but let's assume that the levels are correct.

The yolk of just one egg has about 186 milligrams of cholesterol. That is roughly the maximum amount of cholesterol that an unhealthy person should eat from all foods within a 24 hour period, and it is two thirds the maximum amount of cholesterol that a healthy person should consume from all foods within a 24 period. That means that consuming just one egg will almost certainly bring a person above the maximum cholesterol level because during a 24 hour period there will be other foods that will be eaten with at least some cholesterol. In my opinion, this level of cholesterol intake every day, 365 days a year, is dangerous. I believe that the accumulated impact over the years can greatly increase the risks of heart disease and other illnesses, G-d forbid.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Rambam writes so long as you exercise strenuously every day, any food won't make you fat. While that isn't taking into account the poison they sell as food today, certainly vegetables and fruit improve your health, they clean your body. Eating fruit after a meal however is not the best. Fruit should be eaten seperately, 15 minutes at least before you eat anything else. Vegetables are good any time.

As for eggs, I've heard of doctors swearing that cholesterol is all a big scam. Besides, eggs thicken your... fluids, increasing the chance that you're going to make a girl pregnant, so honestly, I have no problem eating a dozen in a day, and it's great.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-berardi-phd/egss-and-health_b_3499583.html

Please read, the tirade against eggs is part of the population control healthfascists promoting soy and attacking salt (sodium-choloride is NOT salt, btw, salt has over 100 elements in it) to make men infertile.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Rambam writes so long as you exercise strenuously every day, any food won't make you fat. While that isn't taking into account the poison they sell as food today, certainly vegetables and fruit improve your health, they clean your body. Eating fruit after a meal however is not the best. Fruit should be eaten seperately, 15 minutes at least before you eat anything else. Vegetables are good any time.

As for eggs, I've heard of doctors swearing that cholesterol is all a big scam. Besides, eggs thicken your... fluids, increasing the chance that you're going to make a girl pregnant, so honestly, I have no problem eating a dozen in a day, and it's great.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-berardi-phd/egss-and-health_b_3499583.html

Please read, the tirade against eggs is part of the population control healthfascists promoting soy and attacking salt (sodium-choloride is NOT salt, btw, salt has over 100 elements in it) to make men infertile.

בס''ד

LKZ, any doctor who says cholesterol is a scam is a quack. There is no doubt that a high level of bad cholesterol leads to heart disease and many other illnesses. You are greatly endangering your health eating large numbers of eggs. You are still young but the effects of this will be difficult to correct in future years.

Salt can lead to high blood pressure which is another leading cause of heart disease and other deadly ailments.

As far as fertility is concerned, an unhealthy man with clogged arteries, high blood pressure and diabetes will have major problems with sexual function as he gets older.

Exercise is very good. No question about it. But exercise and a healthy diet is much better.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
No doubt about it. We need to eat more fruits and vegetables and less processed junk food.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:56:38 AM by Wanderingsamurai81 »
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
After reaching 60 everybody learned automatically understands that Chaim is correct.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
"Rambam writes so long as you exercise strenuously every day, any food won't make you fat."

I don't think he said that. He said to eat only 2/3rds till your full. Also to exercise but NOT extraneously. Get your heart rate up but the healthy range is up from normal but not too high for a long time.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
While Rambam was a great doctor of his times, and we can glean some wisdom from his ideas, he truly is out of touch with modern medicine... He was of the belief  that blood-letting is a way of alleviating sickness...

Here are some of Rambams health advice:

http://www.torah.org/learning/mlife/healthissues3.html

Health Issues, Part III

Chapter 4, Laws 18-23

As I stated in the introduction to this chapter, the Rambam's fourth chapter is devoted almost entirely to health issues. As we saw earlier, the Ramban views maintaining one's health as a religious obligation; accordingly, he devoted a chapter of his work to medical advice. Although a fair measure of his advice is archaic, I decided for completeness' sake to translate this chapter in its entirety, offering virtually no comments of my own.

[18] One should not accustom himself to bloodletting constantly. He should only let blood if he especially needs it. He should not let blood in the summer or the rainy season, but in the springtime and a little in the fall. Beyond the age of 50, he should not let blood at all.

One should not let blood and enter the bathhouse on the same day. He should [also] not let blood and [then] travel, nor should he let blood on the day he returns from travel.

One should eat and drink less than usual on the day of his bloodletting. He should rest on that day, neither exerting himself nor walking.

[19] Semen is the strength of a person's body, his life, and the light of his eyes. Whenever too much of it goes out, his body withers, his strength wanes and his life expires (lit., "is lost"). This is what Solomon said in his wisdom, "Do not give your strength to women nor your ways to that which blots out kings" (Proverbs 31:3). Any one who is obsessed (lit., "carried away") with sex will age rapidly (lit., "old age will jump upon him"), his strength will weaken, his eyes will dim, a bad smell will emanate from from his mouth and underarms, the hair of his head, eyebrows and eylashes will fall out, the hair of his beard, underarms and his legs will increase, his teeth will fall out, and many ailments besides these will afflict him.

Doctors say that one out of a thousand dies from other ailments, whereas a thousand from too much sex. Therefore, one should be careful in this matter if he wants to live well. He should not have relations except when his body is healthy and very strong. If a person finds he has many unintentional erections even when he thinks about other matters, and he feels heavy in his loins and below, and the cords of his testicles feel stretched and his flesh warm -- such a person should have relations and this is healthful for him.

One should not have relations when he is full or hungry, but rather after his food is digested. He should check that he does not need the bathroom both before and after having relations. He should not have relations standing or sitting, nor in the bathhouse, nor on the day that he goes to the bathhouse, nor on the day he lets blood, nor on the day he intends to travel, nor on the day he returns from travel, nor on the day before or after he travels.

[20] Anyone who accustoms himself in these ways that we have taught, I guarantee him that he will not come to sickness his entire life -- so much so that he will live long (lit. "age greatly") and die without requiring a doctor. His body will be whole and healthy his entire life -- unless he was created with a defective (lit., "bad") body, he accustomed himself with one of the bad health practices [described earlier] from his birth, or if a plague or famine comes to the world.

[21] All of these good habits which we have discussed are only applicable to a healthy person. One, however, who is sick or one of his limbs is ailing, or one who formerly had an unhealthy lifestyle (lit., "who accustomed himself to a bad practice for many years"), it is appropriate for each of them to follow different ways according to his ailment, as explained in books of medicine. For changing one's regular pattern is the start of illness.

[22] Wherever there is no doctor, both the healthy and sick person should adhere to the ways we have described in this chapter, for all of these ways ultimately lead to good health (lit., "bring to good").

[23] Any city which does not have the following ten things a Torah scholar should not dwell in. They are: a doctor, a bloodletter, a bathhouse, a bathroom (meaning, a sheltered outhouse), a ready supply of water such as a river or stream, a synagogue, a teacher of children, a scribe, a custodian of the charity collections ("gabbai tsedaka"), and a court which both whips (lit., "hits")and jails.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Regarding food, here is Rambams rules of eating healthy...

http://www.torah.org/learning/mlife/ch4laws917.html

Health Issues, Part II

Chapter 4, Laws 9-17

As I stated in the introduction to this chapter, the Rambam's fourth chapter is devoted almost entirely to health issues. As we saw earlier, the Ramban views maintaining one's health as a religious obligation; accordingly, he devoted a chapter of his work to medical advice. Although a fair measure of his advice is archaic, I decided for completeness' sake to translate this chapter in its entirety, offering virtually no comments of my own.

[9] There are foods which are particularly unhealthful, which one should never eat -- such as large, old, salted fish, old salted cheese, mushrooms, old salted meat, grape juice (lit., "wine from its vat"), and a cooked dish which was left out so long it emits its odor. The same is true of any food which is foul smelling or exceedingly bitter. Such are as poison (lit., "a drug of death") to the body.

There are other foods which are harmful but not as bad as the first ones. Therefore, a person should eat them only in small quantities and on rare intervals (lit., "after many days"). He should [also] not accustom himself to making his meal of them or regularly eating them together with his meal. [These are foods] such as large fish, cheese, milk 24 hours after it was milked, meat of large oxen and large he-goats, beans ("pul"), lentils, "safir" (Jastrow: a species of bean), barley bread, matzah, cabbage, leek, onions, garlic, mustard, and radishes. All these foods are harmful. It is not appropriate for one to eat them except in very small amounts during the rainy season. But not during the rainy season one should not eat them at all. Beans and lentils alone one should eat neither in summer nor in the rainy season. Gourds / pumpkins ("delu'in") one should eat a little of in the summer.

[10] There are [other] foods which are harmful but not as much as the [above]. They are: waterfowl, small doves, dates, bread roasted in or kneaded with oil, flour sifted so finely it does not even have a hint (lit., "scent") of bran, fish brine, and pickled fish-hash ("moris"). One should not eat such foods excessively. A person who is wise, who subdues his evil inclination, and who is not drawn after his desires, and who [as a result] does not eat any of the aforementioned foods at all (except for medical reasons) is considered strong.

[11] One should refrain from [eating] tree fruits. He should not eat too many of them, even dried and certainly fresh. Before they ripen entirely they are as swords to the body. So too, carobs are always harmful. All sour fruit are harmful. One should eat only a bit of them in the summer and in hot climates. Figs, grapes and almonds are always beneficial, both fresh and dry. One may eat of them as much as he wants (lit., "all his need"). Nevertheless, one should not eat them constantly even though they are the best of all tree fruits.

[12] Honey and wine are bad for children and good for the elderly, certainly in the rainy season.

One should eat in the summer two thirds of what he eats during the rainy season.

[13] One should always attempt to have his bowels loose, a little bit close to diarrhea. An important principle in medicine is that whenever a person does not have a bowel movement or does so only with difficulty, many sicknesses result.

How should one loosen his stomach if it has become a little tight? If he is young, he should eat every morning salted, spiced, boiled vegetables with oil, fish brine and salt and without bread. Alternatively, he should drink the broth of cooked beets or cabbage together with oil, salt and fish brine. An older person should drink honey mixed with warm water in the morning. He should then wait about four hours and eat his meal. He should do this day after day for three or four days if needed until his bowels loosen.

[14] Another principle is stated regarding the body's health. Whenever a person works and exerts himself greatly when he is not full and his stomach is loose (i.e., not constipated), he will not get sick and his strength will increase -- even if he [previously] ate unhealthy foods.

[15] [Conversely], anyone who relaxes (lit., "who sits securely") and does not exert himself or someone who delays going to the bathroom or who is constipated, even if he eats healthy food and takes care of his health, all his days will be with aches and his strength will diminish.

Excessive overeating (lit., "heavy eating") is as poison to a person's entire body. This is a basic principle regarding all illnesses.

Most illnesses which afflict people are only the result of unhealthy food or because a person fills his stomach and excessively overeats -- even healthy foods. This is as Solomon said in his wisdom, "[One who] guards his mouth and tongue saves his soul from affliction" (Proverbs 21:23). Namely, [this refers to] one who guards his mouth from eating unhealthy foods or from [over-]satiation, and his tongue from speaking [matters] other than his needs.

[16] The way to bathe is that a person enter the bathhouse every seven days. He should not enter shortly after eating nor when he is hungry but rather when his food begins to be digested. He should wash his entire body with hot water [but] not so hot that it burns the body. He should wash his head alone with water which does burn the body. Afterwards, he should wash his body with warm water, then with [progressively] cooler water until he washes with cold water. On his head, he should not use warm or cool water at all.

One should not wash in cold water in the rainy season. He should not wash until he sweats and wears out (lit., "crushes") his entire body. One should not spend too long in the bathhouse, rather after he sweats and wears out his body, he should rinse off and leave.

One should check if he needs the bathroom both before entering the bathhouse and after leaving it. He should likewise check himself regularly both before and after eating. Likewise both before and after having relations, before and after exerting oneself, and before and after going to sleep -- in total ten times.

[17] When a person leaves the bathhouse he should dress and cover his head in the outer room so that he won't be affected by cold air (lit., "the cold wind will not prevail over him"). Even in the summer one must be careful [in this regard].

One should wait after leaving until his soul is restored, his body is rested, and the heat has left him. He should then eat. If he sleeps a little upon exiting the bathhouse before eating it is exceptionally good. One should not drink cold water upon exiting the bathhouse, and it goes without saying that he shouldn't drink in the bathhouse. If one is thirsty when he departs and cannot wait (lit., "cannot restrain himself"), he should mix water with wine or honey and drink.

If one anoints [himself] with oil in the bathhouse during the rainy season after rinsing himself off it is good.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
I eat a lot of dark green vegetables and fish.
Still need some meat for vitamins.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Soda and donuts.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

LKZ, any doctor who says cholesterol is a scam is a quack. There is no doubt that a high level of bad cholesterol leads to heart disease and many other illnesses. You are greatly endangering your health eating large numbers of eggs. You are still young but the effects of this will be difficult to correct in future years.

Salt can lead to high blood pressure which is another leading cause of heart disease and other deadly ailments.

As far as fertility is concerned, an unhealthy man with clogged arteries, high blood pressure and diabetes will have major problems with sexual function as he gets older.

Exercise is very good. No question about it. But exercise and a healthy diet is much better.

There are no doctors who claim that having high levels of blood cholesterol is neutral/good. To illustrate my point further, there are no doctors who claim that having a highly acidic blood steam is good, however, 10 lemons a day won't increase your blood's acidity, because that's not how it becomes acidic; things like sugar and chemicals will increase blood acidity because they're broken down like that, and don't get processed like naturally occurring acids will. What I'm saying is that while the cream cake with whipped cream will increase your cholesterol, things like eggs and meat won't, even though on the books they will usually have higher numbers on cholesterol.

I didn't want to be forceful, but there are literally thousands of doctors and scientists concluding that all the scares on eggs was a scam. Here's another: http://www.livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html and I can provide hundreds more, as well as original research, and no doctor can prove anywhere in the world that eating more than one egg a day has any co-relation whatsoever with increased cholesterol or heart disease, since it is a junk-science scam http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/eggs-dietary-friend-foe

The inquisition against salt, the most important foodstuff in male development, is a scam on par with the Nazis' plan of dumping chemicals and sucrose in tobacco, and putting dangerous "pesticides" in the fields (which continues today, except the pesticides are now radioactive).

In France, doctors prescribe high daily doses of salt FOR sufferers of high blood pressure. By what you've said, you've likely never eaten salt. To illustrate, salt is always moist, due to the high levels of magnesium, and salt-extract (which this article calls "processed salt" http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/20/salt-myth.aspx) will instantly make your mouth dry, as it sucks up water. Calling the "table" "sea" "lake" or armpit salt they sell at the stores "salt", which has most of the elements removed from it and sold to pharmaceutical companies "salt" is like calling the citric acid they extract from fruits and call "vitamin C" in the chemical drinks like "orange" juice in the stores (which your body rejects automatically, since it can't be broken down) "oranges".

There are twice as many doctors who praise actual salt than eggs, and all the ones that aren't mega corporate sell-outs typically do.

G-d forbid I ever have to have health problems due to high cholesterol or blood pressure, thank you very much. At any rate, I don't eat toxic waste and salt-extract, I eat natural foods as G-d created them and as people have eaten without problems for all of human history, so with that and G-d's protection G-d willing I don't have to "understand" in the way implied here twice.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Heart problems are not for me, I'm really disturbed, no one puts horrible thoughts like that on me. Anyways, I shouldn't be upset because salt is great http://www.foodnavigator.com/Science-Nutrition/Mineral-salts-in-diet-could-cut-blood-pressure-finds-Finnish-study but I don't want anyone ever thinking about me and something that horrible in the same sentence. Bah.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Serious now (April fools is over), minimize going to the doctors. Limit any intake of drugs even Tylenol and such.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Serious now (April fools is over), minimize going to the doctors. Limit any intake of drugs even Tylenol and such.

Never touch tynenol, but doctors are fine. I don't really go unless there's a problem, which is extremely rare. Why "minimize"?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Soda and donuts.

Officer Tag was I speeding?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Never touch tynenol, but doctors are fine. I don't really go unless there's a problem, which is extremely rare. Why "minimize"?

They will give you pills that are mostly junk. Possibly fix something in the short run but put your body off balance in the long run. I said minimize not eliminate entirely. If one can go by without some of the medications the better.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
They will give you pills that are mostly junk. Possibly fix something in the short run but put your body off balance in the long run. I said minimize not eliminate entirely. If one can go by without some of the medications the better.

Yeah they do. Flush them. Their medical expertise is still invaluable.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
The salts that incorporate the Sodium and especially the Sodium Chloride in more than normal quantities are harmful for BP and heart. On the contrary the Magnesium and Potassium salts when used within prescribed limits are very much helpful to the BP, Heart and overall body mechanism. 

The regular and enough exercise, sufficient physical labor and/or fibers present in the vegetables either control the absorption of excess food cholesterol in the body or break it down in to other substances useful for the body.

So more than one egg a day may be justified, provided the person walks or jogs at moderate speeds for a distance of 2 Kilometers for each extra egg.           
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.