Author Topic: Want to live longer and healthier lives? Eat lots of vegetables and fruits!  (Read 10638 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Ben Yehuda and Chaim give the best diet advices.  Follow what they say..You can't go wrong.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
The egg does have lots of cholesterol in it, I do not recommend having one egg every day, but possibly no more than 4 a week if at all.  If you are healthy but do not exercise, then having eggs all the time is bad.  If you exercise and not eating other junk, eggs are beneficial, but to a limited degree.

Your body procuces more than a dozen eggs' worth of cholesterol/day. It is maintained at normal levels. Cholesterol from chemical snacks and processed foods doesn't get processed properly, so of course it cases high cholesterol. Eating carrots is unhealthy if you don't exercise.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
Today's wheat is hazardous.
Drink alkaline water, avocados, blueberries. For greens, kale and spinach are vital.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Today's wheat is hazardous.
Drink alkaline water, avocados, blueberries. For greens, kale and spinach are vital.
Why do you say that? As far as I know it's not even genetically modified, unlike corn and soy.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Why do you say that? As far as I know it's not even genetically modified, unlike corn and soy.

I linked you to an article showing they're finding GMO wheat everywhere. Also, processing and additives mean that the time you buy your flour, it's GMO flour-extract with chemical surprise. Rambam still writes that there are many types of diseases that are cured by eating bread first thing in the morning, so if you can make your own bread, that's the best.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:37:00 PM by LKZ »

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Ben Yehuda and Chaim give the best diet advices.  Follow what they say..You can't go wrong.

Thank you Dr. Dan.  ;D  Enjoy your posts as well.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member

Exactly!

Further, fruits shall be eaten with their juice and fiber and avoid the separated juice.

Moreover there is a high chance that all these health problems are actually due to the higher acidity in the blood. In that case mostly all the vegetables and especially the bottle gourd shall be taken more in the food. These vegetables shall be checked for extra bitterness and chemical contamination or internal organic poisoning if any and they should be taken only after boiling or proper cooking. 
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Have mercy  :::D Who knows what to believe anymore... The radio today was talking about an extensive study that just came out stating meat eaters are far more healthier then folks who eat no meat at all... It also stated that all the hype about trans fats is just that hype... Personally I am glad I have been on the right track all along... If it walks on fours and moo's or oinks it prime for the grill ;D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Have mercy  :::D Who knows what to believe anymore... The radio today was talking about an extensive study that just came out stating meat eaters are far more healthier then folks who eat no meat at all... It also stated that all the hype about trans fats is just that hype... Personally I am glad I have been on the right track all along... If it walks on fours and moo's or oinks it prime for the grill ;D
Trans fat is definitely unhealthy and should be avoided. I would make it illegal as a food ingredient if I could.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Trans fat is definitely unhealthy and should be avoided. I would make it illegal as a food ingredient if I could.

It depends. There's trans fat in milk, so it's great for babies in a natural form, but the trans fat they add to chemical paste (margarine) is highly hazardous, isn't stored or processed by the body, and should at any cost be avoided.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
It depends. There's trans fat in milk, so it's great for babies in a natural form, but the trans fat they add to chemical paste (margarine) is highly hazardous, isn't stored or processed by the body, and should at any cost be avoided.
Aren't natural trans fats somewhat different from synthetic hydrogenated oils?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Guys, I'm down a dress size!!!

I had to give lots of my clothing to my older sister. 

I read the book "Eat To Live" and started doing a modified version of what the author recommends.  So my diet now is similar to how Chaim eats.  But I do drink some coffee, and have dairy and eggs once in a while. 

I actually had to add some dairy back into my diet because my nails have been chipping and splitting every week.  At one point, I got these painful cracks in the side corners of my mouth.  I read online that the cause is a deficiency in B vitamins. 

So no more cracks in the corners of my mouth. 

Now since we're discussing vegetables, my mother was telling me to go easy on the dark green vegetables (such as kale) because they can cause kidney stones.  Apparently vegetables like kale and swiss chard contain a substance called oxalates.   Does anyone know about oxalates, and how to avoid possibly getting kidney stones later in life?

Thanks.
The cracks in the sides of your mouth are called angular cheilitis. Various different things cause it but the prevailing cause seems to be a weakened immune system. I had it last fall. It was weird, but not really obtrusive, and went away on its own pretty quickly. I think that kidney stones are something that only certain people are prone to.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Aren't natural trans fats somewhat different from synthetic hydrogenated oils?

Trans fats are partially hydrogenated, synthetic hydrogenated oils are bad, but nowhere near as bad as partially hydrogenated. And like I said, yes, they are. The corporate "scientists" came out with "studies" showing that breast milk is bad because it has trans-fat, which was so disgusting it's equally stupid as hating eggs, fruit and salt, all of which are vital for life. Nothing could be further from reality, breast milk has been consumed forever and is good for babies. Naturally occurring trans-fats, unlike eggs, will affect your cholesterol as you age, since it takes longer to break them down and your body can't use them, and older men and women should limit the amount of milk they consume to a cup every 2 days.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Hydrogenated oils have saturated fat, not trans. I literally did my school science fair project on this topic.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Hydrogenated oils have saturated fat, not trans. I literally did my school science fair project on this topic.

I guess I'm clueless because I did my Highschool Science Fair project on Robotics...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
I guess I'm clueless because I did my Highschool Science Fair project on Robotics...

Eh, I was on the robotics team, good enough. We won. You know I work in robotics, right?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Eh, I was on the robotics team, good enough. We won. You know I work in robotics, right?

Really, that is cool... I was very much into AI and Robotics when I went to college... But I have not been involved in many years... My project was a simple robot arm connected to an old Apple II computer which was programmed to build model homes based on the users preferences.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Really, that is cool... I was very much into AI and Robotics when I went to college... But I have not been involved in many years... My project was a simple robot arm connected to an old Apple II computer which was programmed to build model homes based on the users preferences.

Want to see my robot arm? It also transforms into a car-boat-plane.