Author Topic: Bye everyone  (Read 3117 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Bye everyone
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 01:34:32 AM »
Crown Heights is either black hat or black UMM HMM. All the Non-Jews there are blacks, mostly from the Caribbean.
Actually the neighborhood has gentrified & there are some white yuppies both Goyim & non religious Jews as well as modern orthodox.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 01:49:22 AM »
Dude im disappointed with you. Out of all this time you had The info on that crazyness you still out of all places choose to go there?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 02:05:23 AM »
Wow,

Sounds terrible.. It is hard to believe that that kind of thing is going on. I know several good Chabad rabbis who do not say such dumb and heretical things. While having great respect for the tzadik is one thing, he should not be used as an intermediary in our relationship with Hashem.

I fully understand the idea of the tzadik as one who can provide guidance and an external insight into his students lives. The Talmud in Pirkie Avot says that a Jew must 'make oneself a Rabbi' meaning that we should have a spiritual guide who we can ask questions, and he should ask us questions and take an interest in our lives.

But a Rabbi is not Hashem, nor is he an angel... But a good Rabbi does have the merit of many mitzvot and through them he acheives a level of holiness which should be respected. It is sad that Crown Heights has become like this. I certainly will discuss this with my close Chabad rabbi whom I have utmost respect for.

I was going to reproduce this article, but it is very long and it should be read in it's entirety...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/137090/jewish/Tzaddik-The-Baal-Teshuvah.htm
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 09:29:20 AM »
oh boy you come back two weeks later and you've morphed into ....some thing else....
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »
Actually the neighborhood has gentrified & there are some white yuppies both Goyim & non religious Jews as well as modern orthodox.

Yeah there were Italians bumming cigarettes off of me. A lot of black people especially though.

Dude im disappointed with you. Out of all this time you had The info on that crazyness you still out of all places choose to go there?

Well how was I supposed to know. Anyways I just did my own thing most of the time and read the parsha and the prophets and Rambam's laws of kings. And I didn't pay.

Wow,

Sounds terrible.. It is hard to believe that that kind of thing is going on. I know several good Chabad rabbis who do not say such dumb and heretical things. While having great respect for the tzadik is one thing, he should not be used as an intermediary in our relationship with Hashem.

I fully understand the idea of the tzadik as one who can provide guidance and an external insight into his students lives. The Talmud in Pirkie Avot says that a Jew must 'make oneself a Rabbi' meaning that we should have a spiritual guide who we can ask questions, and he should ask us questions and take an interest in our lives.

But a Rabbi is not Hashem, nor is he an angel... But a good Rabbi does have the merit of many mitzvot and through them he acheives a level of holiness which should be respected. It is sad that Crown Heights has become like this. I certainly will discuss this with my close Chabad rabbi whom I have utmost respect for.

I was going to reproduce this article, but it is very long and it should be read in it's entirety...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/137090/jewish/Tzaddik-The-Baal-Teshuvah.htm

Well there were Talmud classes that were great, and still I learned a lot of Torah, but Chassidus now I can't say I'm a big fan of.

I still think the Rebbe was awesome and a great man. If you watch his speeches, he never pretends to be someone special and just says insightful things on Torah. They excuse that by saying he was very "humble", since they think he's Moshe Rabbeinu. Forget that would disqualify him from being moshiah, they think we needed Moshe to pray to Hashem, which is close to as absurd as praying through the Rebbe.

I went to the tomb (which of course, they say is going to see the Rebbe), and people wrote letters of like a million pages for an hour to give to him. I really don't get how they get away with this. They daven the same things I did, which says on one line "do not place your trust in moral men, for when they return to the grave, their plans come to naught".

Oh yeah and from now on, I'm only ever going to a private mikveh. I was even more uncomfortable with that.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 01:52:02 PM »
I assume Chabad rabbis that are sheluchim don't go around saying stuff like the Rebbe is Mashiach as much as the ones in their own yeshivah in Crown Heights. Usually the sheluchim in Israel are more likely to do such things. The ones that do those type of things are also more likely to be Right Wing on the Land of Israel.

In Israel, at the end of synagogue services, some of them start saying Yechi (Proclaiming the Rebbe as Mashiach).

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
I assume Chabad rabbis that are sheluchim don't go around saying stuff like the Rebbe is Mashiach as much as the ones in their own yeshivah in Crown Heights. Usually the sheluchim in Israel are more likely to do such things. The ones that do those type of things are also more likely to be Right Wing on the Land of Israel.

In Israel, at the end of synagogue services, some of them start saying Yechi (Proclaiming the Rebbe as Mashiach).
Actually it depends where,
For example in Meah Shearim Chabad they will throw you out for doing that.
Also in the Old City at Tzemach Tzedek & Rav Segal's shul Nachlaot as well as the Mayanaot Shul they don't tolerate it as well as many other places.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »
I heard them do it at the one in the Old City also.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:21:31 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »
Realize that we DID need Moshe to pray for us, TWICE... For twice Hashem swore to Moshe he would utterly destroy the entire Jewish nation in one plague... If not for the hearfelt prayer of Moshe who was taught the 13 attributes of mercy we all would not be here today as Jews.

Moses was a prophet. His connection with Hashem was face to face. Judaism believes that there are no prophets today, only a faint trace of Holy Inspiration which we encounter from time to time. I do believe that the Rebbe did have Ruah HaKodesh and many people have witnessed his ability to tap into spiritual powers which most people are not aware of. The stories of healing and making sidduchim are also legendary.

Again I am deeply disturbed by your report. I will be calling my Rabbi this afternoon about this topic.

BTW, LKZ could you please send me in private message the name of the Rabbi you studied with. My rabbi knows most of the Chabad players and it would be interesting to hear what he says about the rabbi you studied with.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 04:55:01 PM »
Chasidut has been warned about umpteen times on this forum (well, by some people).  Just because people have a beard and a black outfit or look observant does not mean they are doctrinally sound.

The problem is NOT with Chassidus... That should be clear... Indeed there are people off the derek in Chassidus, but that is because they have problems which had not been addressed. I have studied Chassidus for years and find no doctrinally unsound principles.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 05:23:31 PM »
That's because you believe in it.  Why would a yeshiva of all places be a hotbed of superstition?  If people are going to go off the derech I would expect that to happen primarily outside the yeshivas, unless this yeshiva is not officially recognized by whatever group it was part of.

I just spoke with my Rabbi who goes to Crown Heights regularly. He is very disturbed also by this news. I hope LKZ can provide me with the name of the rabbi he studied with (my rabbi asked this). My rabbi said that there are some 'crazies' who espouse this kind of ideology but that 99% of the rabbis in Chabad are not meshichist there.

Anyway, i hope to find out more later tonight.

I have a great deal of work today and hope to be able to address this when I get home tonight (on top of my self-imposed responsibility of posting the video study thread and my friend may want to visit)...

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
I have had my share of issues with the Chabad.. Funny enough I was criticized for my frustrations with Chabad earlier.. I will admit I was in a bad state of mind and being condescending, but I cannot overlook some of the problems I have had with Chabad.  However, I do respect the Chabad, despite my disagreements with some of their ideology and Messianic nature.

On that note, I actually am on better terms with the Chabad I was attending and talked about my problems with the Rabbi.  I'm now attending the Chabad regularly , as they are the only "authentic" Jewish congregation in the rural area of the Northwest where I live.

However, I cannot overlook the truth about the Chabad at their core.  THey are, indeed, a more "Jewish" Messianic Jewish movement.  A good majority of Chabadniks accept the Lubavitcher Rebbe as Moshiach.  Unless you are truly ignorant to their ideologies and just attend their services for the free food and/or the no-charge holiday and Shabbat services, you will start to see the Messianic nature in the forefront of the Chabad.  For example, my previous Rabbi (who I do have much respect for) and his wife go on "pilgrimages", as they call it, every year to Crown Heights for the birthday of the Rebbe and the Rebbetzin.   They go and visit the grave and do special sorts of davening.  I don't know the details, but to make yearly pilgrimages and to turn the life and death of a human into some sacred and religious holiday I always found very disturbing.

Also, I have met many Lubavitchers who refuse to teach their children Hebrew until they are older.   Some of the more traditional ones will only teach their children to speak Yiddish and reserve any Hebrew for prayers.  The Hebrew is used only as a prayer language and not spoken in day to day life.

I am just wondering why, LKZ, you don't seek out other religious sects of JEws..  I respect the Chabad and their outreach and think they do a lot of good spreading Judaism to the public.  That is why I regret my outburst about how I was disappointed to see so many mitzvot being broken in the synagogue.  FOr example, at the Chabad kehillot I was attending, the girls were dressed very revealing.  Me and another guy, who was quite shomer, were sitting and talking and this girl was showing off her legs and massaging some type of lotion.  She was wearing very short shorts and it was like she was showing off her legs for everyone to see .   I could see both me and the other guy were distracted at the sight of these sexy legs that she had propped on a couch..     Normally, I would not care about some girl showing off her beautiful legs, but in a House of G-d, I would expect women to be decent and cover themselves and not be playing with their legs.  I guess it just felt very icky and wrong for being a place that is suppose to be Orthodox-like.

Anyhow, the outreach of Chabad is a whole different world than being immersed in the Ultra-Orthodox side of Chabad in Crown Heights.   I like meeting some of the younger and/or open-minded rabbis who are not so affixed to Chabad theology.    For example, my Rabbi wanted me to get him copies of all the Zion Golan Mizrachi songs I had.  I was shocked and honored to do so, as I know to most Chabad rabbis it would be hearsay to indulge in Mizrachi type of music.  I've never had a Chabad Rabbi who would acknowledge any of my Mizrachi music or minhag, but this younger and more open-minded Chabad rabbi seems to be breaking some of the old traiditions, allowing himself to listen to non-Chassidic music.

Anyway, I hope you can find an Orthodox sect of Jews you find more appealing.  I , myself, would love to learn in a Yemenite Jewish Yeshiva, like Beit El Yeshiva in Yerushalayim, if I ever get the time and money.

Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 05:50:57 PM »
The problem is NOT with Chassidus... That should be clear... Indeed there are people off the derek in Chassidus, but that is because they have problems which had not been addressed. I have studied Chassidus for years and find no doctrinally unsound principles.

I don't even want to get into everything they said here, but obviously they're using it as an excuse. The Chassidus stuff we were learning was pretty brilliant, and then every two seconds there was a dvar Rebbe ending with them saying "oh the Torah says "the L-rd spoke to Moses saying..."" and because the Rebbe is Moshe Rabbeinu or the Moshe Rabbeinu of the generation or whatever we need him to connect to Hashem. At the Rabbi's house, he said we need the Rebbe to connect to Hashem in a fabringing there, but in the yeshiva it was just all the students saying the other things.

Oh and never mind one guy said that the religious are parasites and a union guy said his plan to save Israel is to give money to the terroristians in refugee camps, and when I told him what was really good, he said "yeeew don't waaaant peeeeeaceee" and that his Rabbi said some things from the Torah don't count, so he was allowed to call me racist when I quoted Hashem saying that Ishmael is a wild ass.

I also pitched the entire place for saving the world with robotics, and everyone who said yes so far just wastes my time. And a guy said that the Rebbe said that the three oaths are in effect, and just because the goyim mass-butcher us, doesn't mean we can let go of our part of the bargain which is dependent on them in the first place, and that the only reason the Rebbe supported Israel was because he didn't want Jews there to die.

Basically everyone made everything up and used things as an excuse, and while I never ate as good at home as I did there, I came for Torah, and I got it to an extent, but if the next yeshiva I go to is like that, I'll get it myself, come what may. Also, don't tell these guys that getting drunk is a sin, or you won't make many friends. There were pukers and people passing out after mariv and the whole nine yards.

I have had my share of issues with the Chabad.. Funny enough I was criticized for my frustrations with Chabad earlier.. I will admit I was in a bad state of mind and being condescending, but I cannot overlook some of the problems I have had with Chabad.  However, I do respect the Chabad, despite my disagreements with some of their ideology and Messianic nature.

On that note, I actually am on better terms with the Chabad I was attending and talked about my problems with the Rabbi.  I'm now attending the Chabad regularly , as they are the only "authentic" Jewish congregation in the rural area of the Northwest where I live.

However, I cannot overlook the truth about the Chabad at their core.  THey are, indeed, a more "Jewish" Messianic Jewish movement.  A good majority of Chabadniks accept the Lubavitcher Rebbe as Moshiach.  Unless you are truly ignorant to their ideologies and just attend their services for the free food and/or the no-charge holiday and Shabbat services, you will start to see the Messianic nature in the forefront of the Chabad.  For example, my previous Rabbi (who I do have much respect for) and his wife go on "pilgrimages", as they call it, every year to Crown Heights for the birthday of the Rebbe and the Rebbetzin.   They go and visit the grave and do special sorts of davening.  I don't know the details, but to make yearly pilgrimages and to turn the life and death of a human into some sacred and religious holiday I always found very disturbing.

Also, I have met many Lubavitchers who refuse to teach their children Hebrew until they are older.   Some of the more traditional ones will only teach their children to speak Yiddish and reserve any Hebrew for prayers.  The Hebrew is used only as a prayer language and not spoken in day to day life.

I am just wondering why, LKZ, you don't seek out other religious sects of JEws..  I respect the Chabad and their outreach and think they do a lot of good spreading Judaism to the public.  That is why I regret my outburst about how I was disappointed to see so many mitzvot being broken in the synagogue.  FOr example, at the Chabad kehillot I was attending, the girls were dressed very revealing.  Me and another guy, who was quite shomer, were sitting and talking and this girl was showing off her legs and massaging some type of lotion.  She was wearing very short shorts and it was like she was showing off her legs for everyone to see .   I could see both me and the other guy were distracted at the sight of these sexy legs that she had propped on a couch..     Normally, I would not care about some girl showing off her beautiful legs, but in a House of G-d, I would expect women to be decent and cover themselves and not be playing with their legs.  I guess it just felt very icky and wrong for being a place that is suppose to be Orthodox-like.

Anyhow, the outreach of Chabad is a whole different world than being immersed in the Ultra-Orthodox side of Chabad in Crown Heights.   I like meeting some of the younger and/or open-minded rabbis who are not so affixed to Chabad theology.    For example, my Rabbi wanted me to get him copies of all the Zion Golan Mizrachi songs I had.  I was shocked and honored to do so, as I know to mos Chabad rabbis it would be hearsay to indulge in Mizrachi type of music.  I've never had a Chabad Rabbi who would acknowledge any of my Mizrachi music or minhag, but this younger and more open-minded Chabad rabbi seems to be breaking some of the old traiditions, allowing himself to listen to non-Chassidic music.

Anyway, I hope you can find an Orthodox sect of Jews you find more appealing.  I , myself, would love to learn in a Yemenite Jewish Yeshiva, like Beit El Yeshiva in Yerushalayim, if I ever get the time and money.

There's moshiahists in Chabad. Chabad itself is a holy and great organization. They make baalei teshuva, so they're going to attract some less righteous folk, but I don't have a problem with them. I have a problem with giant signs that say "welcome Mashiah" or just "Mashiah" with the Rebbe's picture on it. I like Chabad, but I'm not ever going to become a Chabadnik now, but I don't know any yemenite shuls, and the MO one I've been to, if wind were to blow the skirts of the 14 year olds there, they would become t-shirts for a sec. They'd be ok to go back to the car they drove to shul with on shabbat, but everyone picks out the meat from the chullent in the first 5 mins, so they're rubbing everyone in the fray first. IDK what to do.

It's been a torture for me to keep shabbos alone while my family screws with me on anything I do, so I need a community, and I don't understand why Hashem is not letting anything in my life work out for me.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 06:04:51 PM »
There's moshiahists in Chabad. Chabad itself is a holy and great organization. They make baalei teshuva, so they're going to attract some less righteous folk, but I don't have a problem with them. I have a problem with giant signs that say "welcome Mashiah" or just "Mashiah" with the Rebbe's picture on it. I like Chabad, but I'm not ever going to become a Chabadnik now, but I don't know any yemenite shuls, and the MO one I've been to, if wind were to blow the skirts of the 14 year olds there, they would become t-shirts for a sec. They'd be ok to go back to the car they drove to shul with on shabbat, but everyone picks out the meat from the chullent in the first 5 mins, so they're rubbing everyone in the fray first. IDK what to do.

It's been a torture for me to keep shabbos alone while my family screws with me on anything I do, so I need a community, and I don't understand why Hashem is not letting anything in my life work out for me.
LKZ, I have had the same struggles with you in this regard.  I was attending the Chabad because the wealthy Jewish communities here did not want me around because I couldn't pay there fees and my income was not acceptable to be involved with their circles.  However, the Chabad has had several of the issues you are discussing and the more deeply involved I got with them the more disturbed I became at their ideologies..

It is hard to be a Jewish person in this day and age.. It is no wonder so many JEws have become secular and have joined other religions and theologies..  IF you are not born into an Ultra Orthodox religious community you will be very hard pressed to be accepted and mold you way into it, especially if you are not wealthy and have not a lot to offer, except yourself.  That is why so many JEws end up in the REform, which preaches a very watered down type of Judaism.  The Reform kehillots where I live, more times than not, have a female Rabbi, some who are homosexuals.  A lot of goyim, some uncircumcised even, attend these shuls too and are accepted as if they were Jews, especially when they have money to bring.   Even now, they are making uncicrumcised goyim into Rabbis.  Like this one non-Jewish Korean woman who was ordained as a Reform rabbi, who actually was raised Christian.

Anyhow, I feel for you.  I, myself, have considered joining Buddhist Temple or some non-invasive spiritual community so I can focus on meditation and find a way to connect to Hashem without dealing with all the politics and craziness of getting deeply involved with an Orthodox community.    I do need time to meditate and not allow myself to go crazy with being overhwhelm worrying and being depressed about worldly stuff.   I was interested in Hindu Meditation, but their adherence to foreign deities , which is a sin in Judaism, idol worship, made me distance myself from them, as being a Jew that is not allowed.  However, by the Chabad giving honor to a man as some spiritual deity or as Moshiach, who is not, I too feel that is Avodah Zara to some degree or other.. Hence, why I feel so uneasy with Chabad.  However, on the surface they do teach the average Joe, like me, about Judaism and are the people who actually got me more involved in Judaism. However, now that I want t go deeper, I do not feel the appropriate people to guide me.

I know Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson himself was a diligent, devoted and honorable Chassidic Jew. But there are many people now who idolize him and have manipulated his movement into something it was not meant to be.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 06:06:25 PM »
Sects

Forget the word "sects" in Judaism and the Jewish world. Their should never be any sects. Their is only the Torah and or vs. everything else that is non-sense.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 06:06:47 PM »
Forget the word "sects" in Judaism and the Jewish world. Their should never be any sects. Their is only the Torah and or vs. everything else that is non-sense.

IN an ideal world, this would be true. 

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2014, 06:28:45 PM »
LKZ, I have had the same struggles with you in this regard.  I was attending the Chabad because the wealthy Jewish communities here did not want me around because I couldn't pay there fees and my income was not acceptable to be involved with their circles.  However, the Chabad has had several of the issues you are discussing and the more deeply involved I got with them the more disturbed I became at their ideologies..

It is hard to be a Jewish person in this day and age.. It is no wonder so many JEws have become secular and have joined other religions and theologies..  IF you are not born into an Ultra Orthodox religious community you will be very hard pressed to be accepted and mold you way into it, especially if you are not wealthy and have not a lot to offer, except yourself.  That is why so many JEws end up in the REform, which preaches a very watered down type of Judaism.  The Reform kehillots where I live, more times than not, have a female Rabbi, some who are homosexuals.  A lot of goyim, some uncircumcised even, attend these shuls too and are accepted as if they were Jews, especially when they have money to bring.   Even now, they are making uncicrumcised goyim into Rabbis.  Like this one non-Jewish Korean woman who was ordained as a Reform rabbi, who actually was raised Christian.

Anyhow, I feel for you.  I, myself, have considered joining Buddhist Temple or some non-invasive spiritual community so I can focus on meditation and find a way to connect to Hashem without dealing with all the politics and craziness of getting deeply involved with an Orthodox community.    I do need time to meditate and not allow myself to go crazy with being overhwhelm worrying and being depressed about worldly stuff.   I was interested in Hindu Meditation, but their adherence to foreign deities , which is a sin in Judaism, idol worship, made me distance myself from them, as being a Jew that is not allowed.  However, by the Chabad giving honor to a man as some spiritual deity or as Moshiach, who is not, I too feel that is Avodah Zara to some degree or other.. Hence, why I feel so uneasy with Chabad.  However, on the surface they do teach the average Joe, like me, about Judaism and are the people who actually got me more involved in Judaism. However, now that I want t go deeper, I do not feel the appropriate people to guide me.

I know Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson himself was a diligent, devoted and honorable Chassidic Jew. But there are many people now who idolize him and have manipulated his movement into something it was not meant to be.

Kill me, I won't go back to avodah zara. Everything they say is nonsense, and what wisdom they have, we can double.

I want maybe to go to Rabbi Mizrachi's yeshiva in Monsey, but I'm not into the costumes. Also, since I discovered the truth, I spent all my time on it, and now I'm making next to nothing at work, I'm almost 10,000$ in debt, I'm out of university, my family is threatening to kick me out of the house, and I don't have any friends any more. I wouldn't trade all that for the truth I've found, but already I can barely keep anything here, and as a bum in a crappy apartment which some useless sales job that leads nowhere, I don't know if anything is going to happen. I need something to come through at work, and I though one guy at that yeshiva would get me contacts, but again life just spits in my face. Trust me buddy, you wouldn't have the capacity to "feel" me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:11:12 PM by LKZ »

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »
Kill me, I won't go back to avodah zara. Everything they say is nonsense, and what wisdom they have, we can double.

I want maybe to go to Rabbi Mizrachi's yeshiva in Monsey, but I'm not into the costumes. Also, since I discovered the truth, I spent all my time on it, and now I'm making next to nothing at work, I'm almost 10,000$ in debt, I'm out of university, my family is threatening to kick me out of the house, and I don't have any friends any more. I wouldn't trade all that for the truth I've found, but already I can barely keep anything here, and as a bum in a crappy apartment which some useless sales job that leads nowhere, I don't know if anything is going to happen. I need something to come through at work, and I though one guy at that yeshiva would get me contacts, but again life just spits in my face. Trust me buddy, you wouldn't have the capacity to "feel" me.

LKZ, Please..  I too am struggling financially, do not have any real good friends and have felt horribly rejected..   You are a Jewish brother and when you suffer, I suffer too.  I wish other Jews could reach out and feel the hardships of their fellow Jewish brothers . Sadly, it seems so many Jewish people here are too concerned about their next vacation, child's bar mitzvah or their careers and taking some time to spend with a fellow Jew who is hurting or needs friendship is considered too much a burden and not worth the time.

This is a very sad situation we live in now.  I, myself, have found that I am on my own and need to be at peace with beling alone..  I have not realy been able to establish any friends with Jewish people and have sought out friends with non-Jewish people instead.    I've found more reception and kindness from some of them.  Obviously, considering America is like 98% or more gentile, it makes sense that we need to sometimes spread ourselves around, when we find our own circles does not accept us.

I think in this day and age, especially with the internet and resources available and online teachings, a person can become quite proficient in Judaism without having to travel to New York or Jerusalem and spend a lot of money and time in a Yeshiva.  I'm not saying that is not good for those who can do so, but for many of us, it is not practical.

Anyway, start focusing on finding simcha in your life, because if we live in misery it will just eat us alive..  I know from personal experience.  I've come close to feeling like ending my existence one way or another.  I know that I have to keep pushing on, just as many Jews fought for their last day in the Death Camps.  We are a people who has experienced much suffering and also overcoming great hardships.

I, myself, plan on eventually finding a good Yemenite Jewish Rabbi and trying to become knowledgeable in their minhag and to learn Torah through their perspective .  The Chassidim are deep and spiritual thinkers and the Chabad is just one branch.  I, myself, feel more drawn to Mizrachi lifestyle, but for those who feel more European, the Orthodox Charedim  I think would be good spiritual mentors.  The Charedim I have seen are devoted, but I am just not very attached to the Eastern EUropean type of culture.  My relatives come from the Chassidic background.  My great grandfather, Efraim, was from a village renown for some of its Chassidic scholars.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »
LKZ, Please..  I too am struggling financially, do not have any real good friends and have felt horribly rejected..   You are a Jewish brother and when you suffer, I suffer too.  I wish other Jews could reach out and feel the hardships of their fellow Jewish brothers . Sadly, it seems so many Jewish people here are too concerned about their next vacation, child's bar mitzvah or their careers and taking some time to spend with a fellow Jew who is hurting or needs friendship is considered too much a burden and not worth the time.

This is a very sad situation we live in now.  I, myself, have found that I am on my own and need to be at peace with beling alone..  I have not realy been able to establish any friends with Jewish people and have sought out friends with non-Jewish people instead.    I've found more reception and kindness from some of them.  Obviously, considering America is like 98% or more gentile, it makes sense that we need to sometimes spread ourselves around, when we find our own circles does not accept us.

I think in this day and age, especially with the internet and resources available and online teachings, a person can become quite proficient in Judaism without having to travel to New York or Jerusalem and spend a lot of money and time in a Yeshiva.  I'm not saying that is not good for those who can do so, but for many of us, it is not practical.

Anyway, start focusing on finding simcha in your life, because if we live in misery it will just eat us alive..  I know from personal experience.  I've come close to feeling like ending my existence one way or another.  I know that I have to keep pushing on, just as many Jews fought for their last day in the Death Camps.  We are a people who has experienced much suffering and also overcoming great hardships.

I, myself, plan on eventually finding a good Yemenite Jewish Rabbi and trying to become knowledgeable in their minhag and to learn Torah through their perspective .  The Chassidim are deep and spiritual thinkers and the Chabad is just one branch.  I, myself, feel more drawn to Mizrachi lifestyle, but for those who feel more European, the Orthodox Charedim  I think would be good spiritual mentors.  The Charedim I have seen are devoted, but I am just not very attached to the Eastern EUropean type of culture.  My relatives come from the Chassidic background.  My great grandfather, Efraim, was from a village renown for some of its Chassidic scholars.

Yeah Western culture is definitely filthy and it's a shame so many Askenazim got influenced. Mudrat "culture" is worse though, so don't think that you will have paradise from any group.

Anyways, they say money doesn't make you happy, but without it, you can't afford it.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2014, 10:39:25 PM »
That's nothing. .. in my synagogue...  We sacrifice female goat's and dash the blood on the alter and on naked women as they dance around the alter to please our messiah... Pan!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2014, 10:59:18 PM »
That's nothing. .. in my synagogue...  We sacrifice female goat's and dash the blood on the alter and on naked women as they dance around the alter to please our messiah... Pan!

Lol the hollywierd perverts came to the temple?

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2014, 11:40:38 PM »

I'm not all that knowledgeable about Noachides, but it does sound like they know how to have a good time..  :::D

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »
I heard them do it at the one in the Old City also.
Very unusual,because my best friend davens there all the time says they do not do it over there.
I saw yechi yodeler being physically tossed out in Chabad in Meah Shearim.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 02:50:00 AM »

I went to a reform synagogue and the gay Rabbi taught sex ed and handed out free condoms and bananas to show how to put them on.  (Just kidding, but it would not be a shocker by any means)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 01:21:12 PM »
Very unusual,because my best friend davens there all the time says they do not do it over there.
I saw yechi yodeler being physically tossed out in Chabad in Meah Shearim.

Maybe they stopped. I haven't been there in a while. My last trip to Israel was in January, 2013. I was there once then. Previously I went there more often when the Heritage House let people stay for free in the Old City. Now the Heritage House doesn't like religious Jews to stay there because they are trying to do outreach to the Birthright people who they say never experienced a real Shabbat meal before.

I stayed at Ascent of Tzvat a few days on my last trip to Israel and the Russian Jews were saying Yechi after Shacharit in the synagogue in Ascent.