Author Topic: A topic about random things  (Read 10216 times)

ftf

A topic about random things
« on: August 10, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »
I think that this forum could do with a bit of humour, so this a topic in which to talk about all the random or stupid things that you do.

For example, when typing, I always capitalise the word Jew automatically, but for some reason I almost always fail to capitalise Christian and have to go back and change it, I do the same wih Muslim/Moslim/Mohammedan.

newman

Re: A topic about random things
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 02:40:17 PM »
I think that this forum could do with a bit of humour, so this a topic in which to talk about all the random or stupid things that you do.

For example, when typing, I always capitalise the word Jew automatically, but for some reason I almost always fail to capitalise Christian and have to go back and change it, I do the same wih Muslim/Moslim/Mohammedan.

It's a Freudian-type slip. You know the Jews are right. :laugh:

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »
Ummm..stupid things ? umm...ohhh yeah..posting on this topic is one of the stupidest things i'v ever done in my life .
Just kidding, I don't have somthing to post here  :-X
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Joe Schmo

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 02:49:55 PM »
The solar plexus is the center of physical tension.

Get in the habit of relaxing your solar plexus and you'll feel and function better.

newman

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 02:51:49 PM »
2 inches is the optimum distance to hold the lighter when lighting a fart.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:52:58 PM »
You know a lot about those things Newman ?
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 03:09:02 PM »
I like chimneys.

The history of the chimney, from Wikipedia:

Romans used tubes inside the walls to draw smoke out of bakeries but real chimneys appeared only in northern Europe in the 12th century. Industrial chimneys became common in the late 18th century.

Chimneys have traditionally been built of brick, both in small and large buildings. Early chimneys were of a simple brick construction. Later chimneys were constructed by placing the bricks around tile liners. To control downdrafts venting caps (often called chimney pots) with a variety of designs are sometimes placed on the top of chimneys.

In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the methods used to extract lead from its ore produced large amounts of toxic fumes. In the north of England, long near-horizontal chimneys were built, often more than 3 km (2 miles) long, which typically terminated in a short vertical chimney in a remote location where the fumes would cause less harm. Lead and silver deposits formed on the inside of these long chimneys, and periodically workers would be sent along the chimneys to scrape off these valuable deposits.

Fascinating, I think you'll all agree.

Lets use chimneys to release muzzie-gas when we burn the moslems!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:10:36 PM by Nic Brookes »

newman

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 03:12:42 PM »
You know a lot about those things Newman ?

I'm an Aussie.....of coarse I do.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 03:17:45 PM »
Red heifer - In Judaism, the red heifer (Hebrew:פרה אדומה; parah adumah) is a young cow that is sacrificed and whose ashes are used for the ritual purification of people who came into contact with a corpse. A heifer is a young cow before she has had her first calf.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 03:21:55 PM »
If you drop your wallet in Turkey, don't bend over to pick it up.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »

LOL

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 03:23:38 PM »
I was in Turkey, they are actually nice  ::) they know hebrew hehe, that was nice .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Chaim Schmiel

• New JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 03:24:19 PM »
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken!!! :)

newman

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 03:30:54 PM »
If confronted by a mugger, tell him that since you saw the film 'Papillon', you've got a great place to hide your money.

ftf

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
I like chimneys.

Romans used tubes inside the walls to draw smoke out of bakeries but real chimneys appeared only in northern Europe in the 12th century. Industrial chimneys became common in the late 18th century.

Chimneys have traditionally been built of brick, both in small and large buildings. Early chimneys were of a simple brick construction. Later chimneys were constructed by placing the bricks around tile liners. To control downdrafts venting caps (often called chimney pots) with a variety of designs are sometimes placed on the top of chimneys.

In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the methods used to extract lead from its ore produced large amounts of toxic fumes. In the north of England, long near-horizontal chimneys were built, often more than 3 km (2 miles) long, which typically terminated in a short vertical chimney in a remote location where the fumes would cause less harm. Lead and silver deposits formed on the inside of these long chimneys, and periodically workers would be sent along the chimneys to scrape off these valuable deposits.

I think you're going more than a bit too far there, far more than a bit actually.

newman

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 03:41:21 PM »
I like chimneys.

I think you're going more than a bit too far there, far more than a bit actually.
Only from an environmental standpoint.

ftf

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »
I want no part  of any organisation or group which agrees with the sentiments here expressed by Nic and newman.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 03:52:18 PM »
Actually I sympathize more with Cyrzian's view that rehabilitaion is good but I felt the need for an impacting statement in my post there... I apologize.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 03:53:36 PM »
If confronted by a mugger, tell him that since you saw the film 'Papillon', you've got a great place to hide your money.

:laugh: :laugh:

A rat can last longer without water then a camel.

I always have the urge to laugh whenever someone posts something very serious. It just suddenly strikes me, that this world is important and everybody cares so much...and that sets me off. Whenever i listen to any of Chaim's shows, I giggle to myself.....this usually happens on the train and people step 2 inches away from me.
I also find Yacovs posts quite funny sometimes, for no reason.

When I was younger-a lot younger- ;D I used to stand in the middle of the bus without holding onto anything so i could pretend i was on a skateboard when going down the hill.

I crack open custard creams, eat the middle filling and leave the biscuit in the packet.

Salt isn't white, it is translucent and appears to be opaque when light is scattered off its small particles, the same case goes for milk.

ftf

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »
Actually I sympathize more with Cyrzian's view that rehabilitaion is good but I felt the need for an impacting statement in my post there... I apologize.
It's fine, as long as you didn't really mean it, sorry, but that one really got to me, my great grandma went up the chimney in a nazi concentration camp, the iddea of doing that to any human being, I just can't bear it.

Maybe I'm just being irrational.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 03:55:20 PM »
Salt isn't white, it is translucent and appears to be opaque when light is scattered off its small particles, the same case goes for milk.

Then it IS white... colour is all about appearance. Define colour.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »
It's fine, as long as you didn't really mean it, sorry, but that one really got to me, my great grandma went up the chimney in a nazi concentration camp, the iddea of doing that to any human being, I just can't bear it.

Maybe I'm just being irrational.

No, I have and will continue to stand by your very human viewpoints rather than the viewpoint of KILL THE MUSLIMS. When a muslim says KILL THE NON MUSLIMS I am very uninclined to believe that KILL THE MUSLIMS is any more of a moral high ground. I apoligize for any distress caused :)

newman

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 03:57:34 PM »
When at the office.....grab several binders of 5 year old closed files and pile them up around your desk. Loosen your tie, ruffle your hair and affect an angry, harassed look on your face.

This will give the appearance that you are snowed under and working much harder than everybody else. The boss will be impresssed and your co-workers and supervisor will leave you alone. This will free you up to answer personal e-mails, play sollitaire and banter with friends in chat rooms.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
When at the office.....grab several binders of 5 year old closed files and pile them up around your desk. Loosen your tie, ruffle your hair and affect an angry, harassed look on your face.

This will give the appearance that you are snowed under and working much harder than everybody else. The boss will be impresssed and your co-workers and supervisor will leave you alone. This will free you up to answer personal e-mails, play sollitaire and banter with friends in chat rooms.

LOL so useful, that advice!