Author Topic: US actor Robin Williams found dead  (Read 11295 times)

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
  • You'll never get rid of me
US actor Robin Williams found dead
« on: August 11, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »
US actor Robin Williams has been found dead, aged 63
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28749702
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: US actor Robin Williams found dead
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »
:( sad to hear about this, I watched him as a kid.

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:03:33 PM »
According to most articles he was suffering from severe depression. I'm reluctant to say anything negative because I don't know much about his personal life, his political stances, his morals, etc. I know he's made some pro-Israel comments before. It's just tragic that he took the easy way out. May he rest in peace! A link to the article is below:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/08/11/robin-williams-is-dead/13925199/

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »
He did look suicidal :o
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
One of my favorite actors, what a sH*tty way to go..  I understand though>. I have felt depressed in the past and considered the easy way out..  Life is a b*tch.. I guess money, fame and talent will not necessarily bring you happiness. 
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
  • You'll never get rid of me
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:22 PM »
One of my favorite actors, what a sH*tty way to go..  I understand though>. I have felt depressed in the past and considered the easy way out..  Life is a b*tch.. I guess money, fame and talent will not necessarily bring you happiness.

Like they say the funniest people are often the saddest.
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 08:58:12 PM »
Was a big fan of Robin Williams in my childhood. Loved his Mork and Mindy TV series and various movies he made over the years.

Comedians are often really depressed individuals despite their attempt at being funny. Comedians who are very good at their work often suffer a lot of depression and many have committed suicide at a young age. Concerning Robin Williams it is a blessing he was with us for so long providing us with a lot of great comedy. I will add that in my experience (even my experience with depression) there is no excuse for committing suicide. It is wrong especially when there is hope for a great future (which according to all reports Robin Williams had)... No matter what, our ups and downs in life are all intended to teach us a lesson about life (that it is not ours to give and take)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:59:08 PM »
He did look suicidal :o

Never heard of 'looking suicidal'... Is there such a thing?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »
It always amazes me when the rich kill themselves....

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »
Williams was best when he played countertype as the evil Sy in "One Hour Photo"

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 09:58:04 PM »

I know what you mean, depression is horrible. Actually the last movie my dad watched before he died was from Robin Williams. What dreams may come, really sad to see a childhood favorite die the way he did.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »
I remember reading about an interview Williams did on a German talk show.  The woman asked him why he thought there wasn't much comedy.  His response was ""Did you ever think it's because you killed all the funny people?"

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 10:00:09 PM »
Was a big fan of Robin Williams in my childhood. Loved his Mork and Mindy TV series and various movies he made over the years.

Comedians are often really depressed individuals despite their attempt at being funny. Comedians who are very good at their work often suffer a lot of depression and many have committed suicide at a young age. Concerning Robin Williams it is a blessing he was with us for so long providing us with a lot of great comedy. I will add that in my experience (even my experience with depression) there is no excuse for committing suicide. It is wrong especially when there is hope for a great future (which according to all reports Robin Williams had)... No matter what, our ups and downs in life are all intended to teach us a lesson about life (that it is not ours to give and take)...

I know its wrong but sometimes due to chemical imbalances in the brain, like what happened with my dad, it causes people not to think, some anti depressants make people suicidal and sometimes they think that it is the only wait out, but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 10:14:51 PM »
Sometimes HaShem takes people that can't handle what is to come...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 10:29:57 PM »
All that talent put to waste. Nothing new, but still tragic
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »
For those of us who are not fully familiar with the gamut of characters this talented actor portrayed, here is a 'Ten Best' of Robin Williams.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 12:45:59 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »
My best memories of Mr Williams are from my childhood, Mork and Mindy ran from 1978-1982 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mork_%26_Mindy )...

This is the 'pilot' episode which is posted on Youtube.

It is interesting (to me at least) to note that the time this TV series ran was a very difficult time for the country. Last night I watched a documentary about the 'Peoples Temple' which committed suicide about the time this series hit the air...

Mork and Mindy 1st aired : September 14, 1978
Jonestown Mass Suicide : November 18, 1978

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
All he did was support evil causes with his money. He didn't support righteous causes.

This is the only place I can post this where anybody will understand this.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »
All he did was support evil causes with his money. He didn't support righteous causes.

This is the only place I can post this where anybody will understand this.

Hi Ruby. I don't know much about him. What kind of causes did he support?
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 08:19:58 AM »
I walked by someone who was on the verge of tears talking about it. Who cares?! There are people who live in poverty who don't kill themselves every day and he had millions to live a comfortable life with. People are behaving as if this is a national tragedy when suicides happen every day.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 08:26:04 AM »
I walked by someone who was on the verge of tears talking about it. Who cares?! There are people who live in poverty who don't kill themselves every day and he had millions to live a comfortable life with. People are behaving as if this is a national tragedy when suicides happen every day.

Well i agree on that. Soon as some stupid celeb die the world is to small.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 08:55:13 AM »

Depression isn't necessarily related to outside circumstances. You can be rich and have every material thing in the world you would want, have friends and family that love you, and have every logical reason to be happy, but that doesn't mean you will be. To assume that material good automatically brings happiness is to deeply misunderstand depression. I also don't believe that a weak person commits suicide. It's someone who withstood the pain until they reached their breaking point and just couldn't take any more.

I'm not happy that he died. I find it quite sad actually. What bothers me though is that people seem to have put this man up on a pedestal when he contributed a lot of money to left wing causes.

He was part of the pro-abortion Christopher Reeve foundation.

This article also casually mentions at the bottom that he was a committed liberal and "progressive":
http://nikkifinke.com/robin-williams-dies-63/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 09:01:33 AM »
There was also this where he wore an Arabic I love NY shirt:

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 09:25:33 AM »
I do not find much about the link between him and abortion? I just searched for some information about abortion and the Christopher Reeve foundation but not much info about that...