Author Topic: Wherever I may roam, where I lay my head is home!  (Read 789 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Wherever I may roam, where I lay my head is home!
« on: August 14, 2014, 02:07:58 AM »
Shalom,

This evening while studying Torah I realized a very interesting connection. Many of you JTF readers know I like some heavy metal music and in my younger days I attended many live concerts (rock and roll & heavy metal & prog rock)...

I saw Metallica a number of times and one of their songs from the Black Album (1991) entitled 'Wherever I may roam' seems, according to my gut feeling, to have a basis in this weeks Torah portion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica_(album)

Here are the pasukim from the Torah reading of Eikev...

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/torahreading.asp?aid=36234&p=complete

Deuteronomy Chapter 11

24. Every place upon which the soles of your feet will tread, will be yours: from the desert and the Lebanon, from the river, the Euphrates River, and until the western sea, will be your boundary.
25. No man will stand up before you; the Lord your God will cast the fear of you and the dread of you on all the land upon which you tread, as He spoke to you.

Chas V'Shalom I am not suggesting Metallica is 'holy' or has any good intention by singing this song..

But it is a great pasuk concerning the ultimate boundaries of 'Greater Israel'... Israel will, G-d willing, extend from the river to the sea... Israel will be free of enemies... Amen.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14