Author Topic: No indictment for NYPD cop in chokehold death of Eric Garner, source says  (Read 3572 times)

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: No indictment for NYPD cop in chokehold death of Eric Garner, source says
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »
I'm glad that there isn't an indictment.  I'm surprised because there is a video and the report from the M.E. saying that it was a homicide. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 05:56:06 PM »
I'm glad that there isn't an indictment.  I'm surprised because there is a video and the report from the M.E. saying that it was a homicide.

I, in some ways, agree because Al Sharpton is representing them and perhaps..just as blacks protest and burn fires which is unjust to cause fear in our hearts..perhaps cops are doing the same so bad citizens who break the law will think twice before messing with a cop.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 06:30:48 PM »
He fought back? Am I in the twilight zone right now? He sold cigarettes illegally. That's the only aspect of the law that he broke.
Okay, I had heard he pushed the cop and was resisting arrest. But now that I've seen the video....it looks really bad for the police.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 10:56:23 PM »
It's funny how we can all come to different conclusions.  I saw the video and what I saw was this:  Garner was resisting arrest!  When the cops grabbed Garner's hands to 'cuff them, he jerked his hands up into the air.  He was a big man and the police know that things can get ugly in such a situation so they rightfully wanted to stop Garner before he got violent (which is NOT uncommon).  Garner RESISTED ARREST and, therefore, the other cop put him in a "take down move" which was NOT a choke hold.  That "take down move" is taught at the Police Academy.  Garner died from a heart attack which was not the fault of the police doing their job.  If Garner wouldn't have been involved in a criminal activity, he would be alive today.  If hadn't resisted arrest, he would be alive today.  These cops on Staten Island did not just go up to an innocent man and kill him.  The cop rightfully shouldn't have been indicted for doing his job, I'm sorry.  If Garner had not had the heart attack, he would have been taken into custody and that would have been the end of it.  It was just the bad luck of these cops that Garner had a heart attack right then and there.  Being so fat didn't help Garner either.  And I've seen other videos of police where it's very obvious that cops are in the wrong -- and I say so.  So it's not like I'm always on the side of the police. I'll tell you another thing.  The end result of all of this will be that the cops will be afraid to arrest Black criminals, and Black criminals will have a field day.  I mean, let's face it, it already happened in Ferguson.  The cops saw the rioters and looters and basically did nothing to stop them.  Why?  Because they were AFRAID of how the Black community would react.  So they didn't stop the rioters, plain and simple.  Garner's death is all on Garner, sorry.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2014, 12:50:14 AM »
It's funny how we can all come to different conclusions.  I saw the video and what I saw was this:  Garner was resisting arrest!  When the cops grabbed Garner's hands to 'cuff them, he jerked his hands up into the air.  He was a big man and the police know that things can get ugly in such a situation so they rightfully wanted to stop Garner before he got violent (which is NOT uncommon).  Garner RESISTED ARREST and, therefore, the other cop put him in a "take down move" which was NOT a choke hold.  That "take down move" is taught at the Police Academy.  Garner died from a heart attack which was not the fault of the police doing their job.  If Garner wouldn't have been involved in a criminal activity, he would be alive today.  If hadn't resisted arrest, he would be alive today.  These cops on Staten Island did not just go up to an innocent man and kill him.  The cop rightfully shouldn't have been indicted for doing his job, I'm sorry.  If Garner had not had the heart attack, he would have been taken into custody and that would have been the end of it.  It was just the bad luck of these cops that Garner had a heart attack right then and there.  Being so fat didn't help Garner either.  And I've seen other videos of police where it's very obvious that cops are in the wrong -- and I say so.  So it's not like I'm always on the side of the police. I'll tell you another thing.  The end result of all of this will be that the cops will be afraid to arrest Black criminals, and Black criminals will have a field day.  I mean, let's face it, it already happened in Ferguson.  The cops saw the rioters and looters and basically did nothing to stop them.  Why?  Because they were AFRAID of how the Black community would react.  So they didn't stop the rioters, plain and simple.  Garner's death is all on Garner, sorry.

In my younger, more wild, days I had numerous run-ins with law enforcement. All I have to say is, "Baruch Hashem I am white"...

In one case they said I was resisting arrest. In that case the cop attempted to cuff me (but hadn't announced he was arresting me) and I quickly turned around and moved away from the smallish cop. Then he pulled out his baton and ordered me to the ground announcing that I was resisting and to avoid being hit in the head with the baton I should drop to get down on the ground. Of course I complied but I wonder if I was black if he would have warned me or just acted. I was much bigger than this puny cop...

I don't know the specifics in this case but I believe that a warning should be given before using a baton or a choke hold (or other physical restraints).

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 07:38:14 AM »
A grand jury heard all the evidence (and we watched a video).
He seemed to be resisting arrest to me too.  Did he have to beat an officer to death for it to be 'resisting'?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 07:47:02 AM »
In my younger, more wild, days I had numerous run-ins with law enforcement. All I have to say is, "Baruch Hashem I am white"...

In one case they said I was resisting arrest. In that case the cop attempted to cuff me (but hadn't announced he was arresting me) and I quickly turned around and moved away from the smallish cop. Then he pulled out his baton and ordered me to the ground announcing that I was resisting and to avoid being hit in the head with the baton I should drop to get down on the ground. Of course I complied but I wonder if I was black if he would have warned me or just acted. I was much bigger than this puny cop...

I don't know the specifics in this case but I believe that a warning should be given before using a baton or a choke hold (or other physical restraints).
  Did you hear the officers conversation with Eric Garner?  I didn't.  Maybe they did warn him.  How do you suggest they would have gotten him to comply?  Beg and plead for him to give up?  How is that working for us on a national defense level?  I hope and pray the grand jury looked at all the evidence and came up with the best decision.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/eric-garner-chokehold-grand-jury-police/2014/12/04/id/611058/

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »
I think these are good reasons why this case should be tried out. Anyways his resistance posed no danger to anyone. The police better come up with a very good explanation why they chose to escalate that situation into a very violent take down. They gave him about 2 seconds from the moment they tried to handcuff him to when they swarmed over him.

Then later it seems they just let him lie unconscious without anyone trying to check for vital signs, no opening of air ways or anything. Aren't police are supposed to have basic paramedic training?

Did you hear the officers conversation with Eric Garner?  I didn't.  Maybe they did warn him.  How do you suggest they would have gotten him to comply?  Beg and plead for him to give up?  How is that working for us on a national defense level?  I hope and pray the grand jury looked at all the evidence and came up with the best decision.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/eric-garner-chokehold-grand-jury-police/2014/12/04/id/611058/

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
This was cold blooded murder recorded on camera. In Ferguson we don't really know for sure what had happened. We are sure in this case.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »
This was cold blooded murder recorded on camera. In Ferguson we don't really know for sure what had happened. We are sure in this case.

In Ferguson we do know what happened based on forensic evidence and also the fact that a majority of the witnesses were proven to be lying with their testimonies claiming Brown was executed while he was surrendering, which was proven wrong. So, in fact, it has been proven both with forensics and also from a few honest witnesses and the officer's account what happened in Ferguson and in fact Darren Wilson was the victim and did his job correctly against a violent criminal who just moments earlier strong-arm robbed a store.

The NYPD, in this case, were harassing the man based on a  very petty crime they knew he had done in the past, but hadn't done at the time.   The police cannot just simply detain you for no reason at all.  He was there to break up a fight and was not selling "non-taxed" cigarettes.  IMO, the fact that my tax dollars go to pay for police officers arresting people for not paying unconstitutional taxes for out of state cigarettes imported into New York is utterly ridiculous.      The man was not being violent and he didn't want to be arrested without probable cause.  So, when the officers decided to just handcuff him for no reason he panicked and resisted.  Any person who suddenly is surrounded by police and handcuffed may also resist when they are being arrested for no reason.   

Anyhow, I found it ridiculous that the police officer gave him a choke hold, used to cut of his air and weaken his resistance and a whole group of police were needed over some freakin cigarettes.  But , this is New York City, where people who drink out of large soda containers are considered worse than violent criminals.

New York City is not even part of America anymore, it's ruled by its own corrupt political elite who use our Constitution as toilet paper to wipe their azses with...   

Don't the NYPD thugs have anything better to do with our tax dollarsd than harass and beat people up over petty sh*t?
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
The NYPD aren't thugs.  I'm sure there are bad police officers. But, there are a lot of decent people, in the NYPD, who put their lives on the line for the people of NYC everyday.  They are exposed to a lot of different kinds of people every day.  Not all of them are decent people either.  I witnessed a man about to be arrested play possum.  Claimed he was having a heart attack.  Threw himself on the floor.  His family was wailing.  He sure had me wondering.  Eventually, he got up and went with the police officers.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
Had Eric Garner not been abusive, and insubordinate, allowed the cuffs, went down to the station and had the report filed, he would have been released and would be alive.  The Black Sgt supervisor didn't even stop the officer from administering the maneuvers to subdue Mr. Garner.     Be good citizens, comply with the police, you will get more respect by being honest citizens instead of throwing up your arms and causing a riot or having to be subdued...I support the police, they deal with these lawbreakers and anarchists every day while the rest of us go to work, take care of our families, and try to be good citizens.  The Blacks follow the example of their President....I JUST DO WHAT I WANT, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LAWS, OR ANYONE ELSE...ITS ALL ABOUT ME, MYSELF AND I.   MOST PEOPLE ARE SICK OF THIS!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »
Garner also had emphasema, obesity, and heart disease, maybe these are other factors in his death.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2014, 11:30:59 PM »
Debbie. You're right. The verdict made sense the more I think about it. Furthermore, there is more to the video than what actually happened?  What we don't see is what happened prior to the video.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 06:30:48 AM »
I hope all the liberal crybabies who feel sorry for this loitering fat animal who was disrupting the businesses where he was being arrested will one day get the same blessing of having someone like that hang around their place of business or home... This guy was arrested many times before for selling tax exempt loose cigarettes... Many black folks who I have talked to about this case have expressed that he was just trying to make an honest New York living... Sadly I don't see it the same way...Running a profitable business today is no joke... With high rents and utility bills as well the taxes honest business have to pay having a guy like that outside your door could really spell disaster... He was putting his hands right into their cash register... If this guy was sitting in a park somewhere selling his cigs all well and fine however he was disrupting the business of tax paying business people and the police needed to do just what they did... The fact that he dropped dead was due to his own poor health and working himself so up so much resisting arrest.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2014, 06:49:49 AM »

It's not a white or black thing... You were just smart enough not to give the police a great deal of trouble... The police expect some minor protesting when they arrest people but at some point one way or the other the cuffs are going on.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2014, 10:44:07 AM »
It's not a white or black thing... You were just smart enough not to give the police a great deal of trouble... The police expect some minor protesting when they arrest people but at some point one way or the other the cuffs are going on.
I've experienced police brutality, and I'm a blue eyed devil. I've even been almost ran over by squad cars(by a miracle one time a car stopped about two inches from my head, the bumper grazed the officer).

I deserved every bit of it!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:55:46 PM by Ephraim Ben Noach »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »
There's no question that had Eric Garner not resisted arrest he'd be alive today. My only point of contention is that selling loose cigarettes doesn't warrant a death sentence. I'm horrified that literally only one person here can comprehend that. I'm not a liberal or an advocate for black criminals. I'm just a concerned citizen.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »
There's no question that had Eric Garner not resisted arrest he'd be alive today. My only point of contention is that selling loose cigarettes doesn't warrant a death sentence. I'm horrified that literally only one person here can comprehend that. I'm not a liberal or an advocate for black criminals. I'm just a concerned citizen.
No, totally agree about them going after him for a stupid cigarette tax law! That's worse than the reason we had the Boston Tea Party! But he did resist. So the cops have the law on their side. Is the law just? Heck no! The cops were doing their job(a little overboard). The law and law makers is the problem!

And the more I remember... I didn't deserve all of the treatment I received from the police. I was targeted sometimes, but it was because of the past or for my reputation. Hell they would just show up and say they forgot to get my finger prints last time, or to check serial numbers on my stuff.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2014, 03:21:51 AM »
Please....  DO NOT RESIST.. COMPLY!!   That is what the Nazis told us!!   I am all for respecting authority and being a good, tax-paying, law-abiding citizen.  But, what happens when the authority becomes corrupt, tramples on the very Constitution that has liberated me and gives me freedom and security?  What about when that same authority decides to make its own laws , which it will then enforce with an iron fist, even strangling your father right in front of you?    How about all the law abiding citizens arrested in New York for exercising their 2nd Amendment rights?   The NYPD actively supports a nazi-like government that tramples on our Constitution and empowers the government and weakens the populace.   Jews have been made weak and helpless at the hands of ruthless criminals in New York thanks to the laws that criminalize law abiding citizens from defending themselves.

Remember, the police told the Jews, THEY HAD TO DO THIS OR BE ARRESTED..  It's always good to listen to authority and be "obedient", or is it??

Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.