Author Topic: Is there a link to the news page from the forum?  (Read 678 times)

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Is there a link to the news page from the forum?
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »
Is there a link to the news page from the forum? Thank you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Is there a link to the news page from the forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 04:21:28 PM »
It does not seem to have a link to the news site.

But the news site is just http://jtf.org

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 05:24:23 PM »
I've looked into it. There is no easy way to add a link to Simple Machines Forum (not even with plugins) so I will have to look at modifying the templates.

It's a very good idea, though. Thank you, Ben Yehuda.

The easiest way to get to it is just to go to jtf.org. And there are a TON of awesome articles there. We usually have the big news up 1-2 days before the major news outlets do.

We have tons of new articles every day... and it's the news our members would be most concerned about. We pull news from thousands of sources... both conservative, liberal, and tech news.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 05:57:44 PM »
How about a link *from* the forum to the news site?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 06:28:49 PM »
How about a link *from* the forum to the news site?

I think that is what Shlomo is suggesting. The forum runs on Simple Machines forum software and it seems there is no easy way to add such a link. Shlomo suggested making modifications to the SMF code (which should not be TOO hard).

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 09:46:50 AM »
I've looked into it. There is no easy way to add a link to Simple Machines Forum (not even with plugins) so I will have to look at modifying the templates.

It's a very good idea, though. Thank you, Ben Yehuda.

The easiest way to get to it is just to go to jtf.org. And there are a TON of awesome articles there. We usually have the big news up 1-2 days before the major news outlets do.

We have tons of new articles every day... and it's the news our members would be most concerned about. We pull news from thousands of sources... both conservative, liberal, and tech news.

Thank you Shlomo for all your hard work.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 02:09:45 PM »
I think that is what Shlomo is suggesting. The forum runs on Simple Machines forum software and it seems there is no easy way to add such a link. Shlomo suggested making modifications to the SMF code (which should not be TOO hard).

There used to be a news link on the top left. It would display a message. It can display the homepage of JTF if you tell it to. I think it used to display the homepage of JTF.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 02:11:51 PM »
After reading this thread,  I thought of an idea.   I added the link to the JTF news site to my Forum Signature.   It should appear in all of my posts.   If many other forum members do the same,  the signature to the news site will appear often on the Forum.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 02:16:32 PM »
How about if JTF.ORG goes to jtf.org? There's already a [HOME] | help | search ... on top.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774