Poll

Do you smoke Cigarettes?

No
Yes  1-5 a day
Yes  6-20 a day
Yes  20+ A day

Author Topic: Do you smoke Cigarettes?  (Read 23819 times)

ftf

Re: Do you smoke Cigarettes?
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »
I passive smoke because my Dad smokes, a lot. I used to find it disgusting and stomach churning but I've learn't to ignore it, its relaxing.
Having started to find it relaxing is most likely a very bad sign, it probably means that it's already damaged you to the extent that your body has accepted receiving that damage on a regular basis as being normal.

Its psychological. I'm not living with my Dad at the moment and haven't done so for quite a while, recently, so it isn't a daily thing but when I do see him now its 24/7.

This smoking ban has just brought more smokers out onto the streets and in the way.

Yep it is worse because you inhale more toxins without the filter but the nicotine doesn't affect me. Lol Yacov, you have a good memory and you're right, it is a waste of money. Alcohol is just as bad.
Just have a look at the list of harmful effects of ssecondhand smoke, no one is immune to it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondhand_smoke

newman

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2007, 05:26:05 PM »
*WARNING FOR THE PC PEOPLE ITS BILLY CONNELLY*

NEWMAN for you mate

;)

That was a real HOOT!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2007, 08:39:43 PM »
Its psychological. I'm not living with my Dad at the moment and haven't done so for quite a while, recently, so it isn't a daily thing but when I do see him now its 24/7.
Your father never sleeps or does he smoke in sleep.Either way it's remarkable :laugh: ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »
I think smoking is one of the most vile habits on earth.  Unfortunately my mother and some friends I have do smoke regardless of me trying to talk them out of it.  I'm around it more than I would like, and I'll probably end up with cancer from second-hand smoke one day.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2007, 03:43:37 PM »
Your father never sleeps or does he smoke in sleep.Either way it's remarkable :laugh: ;D
;D ;D
He only wakes up for a smoke.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2007, 09:12:55 AM »
Yes well  ::) I kinda think just some people got a right to smoke ..........

Nixe Picture; Kiwi I drop smokin' to not support EU; I drink only my self-made moonshine too. ;) ;D
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2007, 10:04:08 AM »
I've never smoked in my life except to light some fireworks off when my zippo ran out of fluid. My parents never smoked either. Most of my mothers family smokes and I remember going into bars in rural Wisconsin and they were always full of so much smoke that you could see it very well from the low lit fluorescent lighttubes. Almost all my friends are in the military and they all smoke however.

Offline MARINO

• Junior JTFer
  • "Semper Fi"
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2007, 09:26:45 PM »
I do not smoke cigarettes, but I do smoke a cigar from time to time. Probably a few times per year. I try not to make a habit of smoking.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »
Nope I don't smoke although I've smoked a few cigars and those things are good. :)
Smoking is too expensive I think. Smells good though, I don't have any problem with smokers. I've had some issues with my kiddo on oxygen when I am pushing him in his wheelchair and people will light up a ciggarette right there. Makes me want to pop them in the mouth.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2007, 04:47:30 PM »
Whats the difference between a cigar and a cigarette?

ftf

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2007, 04:49:31 PM »
Cigars are more expensive, last longer, and supposably produce nicer smoke, they're equally as bad as cigarettes, if not slightly worse, as each one produces a larger total amount of smoke.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2007, 04:58:43 PM »
I do not smoke.  :)
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

ftf

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »

newman

« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2007, 05:13:03 AM »
........., they're equally as bad as cigarettes, if not slightly worse, as each one produces a larger total amount of smoke.

That's not true.

Cigar tobacco (like pipe tobacco) is processed differently to that which is in cigarettes. The nicotein in pipe and cigar tobacco can be absorbed through the tongue so it is NOT necessary to inhale the smoke from pipes or cigars into one's lungs as it is for cigarettes.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2007, 09:44:01 AM »
Cigarettes are great!

Cigars are Fantastic!

Pipes are too good to be true!

If you ask me, the Big Pharma should stop repackaging its dangerous drugs for higher profits, and commit its total resources to develop a drug which will enable us to smoke like a chimney with no risk to our health!

Instead, they squander precious resources "discovering a cure for AIDS" and inventing a vaccine against genital warts, enabling the insane to continue having sex outside of marriage free of any and all responsibility!

It never ceases to amaze me that "the tobacco Fascists" [Hitler was the first, by the way] scream and legislate that "noone should have to breathe second-hand tobacco smoke", yet are deaf, dumb, and blind when it comes to our being forced to breathe exhaust emissions & toxic pollutions from automobiles and industry!

I have yet to broach this subject to an "anti-tobacco crusader" who does not reply with a whiny voice "Look!"..."We have to have cars!"..."We can't live without them!"

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »
Hitler was against tobacco? :)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2007, 04:56:42 AM »
........., they're equally as bad as cigarettes, if not slightly worse, as each one produces a larger total amount of smoke.

That's not true.

Cigar tobacco (like pipe tobacco) is processed differently to that which is in cigarettes. The nicotein in pipe and cigar tobacco can be absorbed through the tongue so it is NOT necessary to inhale the smoke from pipes or cigars into one's lungs as it is for cigarettes.

I agree i like to smoke the pipe after good dinner along with the glass of red wine or shot of good brandy/coniac/whiskey/ wodka...  ::)  Cigaretes are good for prols... ;)
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

newman

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2007, 05:05:37 AM »

That's not true.

I agree i like to smoke the pipe after good dinner along with the glass of red wine or shot of good brandy/coniac/whiskey/ wodka...  ::)  Cigaretes are good for prols... ;)

You can't beat are good cigar for an after-dinner treat, either. One of the reasons I'd like to retire in Trinidad & Tobago is the cheap cigars (plus the cheap rum- $2-$3 a bottle).

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »

That's not true.

You can't beat are good cigar for an after-dinner treat, either. One of the reasons I'd like to retire in Trinidad & Tobago is the cheap cigars (plus the cheap rum- $2-$3 a bottle).
I see newman and I agree as usual ;) Cheap rum and cigars that sounds like paradise :) The price of rum here in the states isn't to bad Brugal makes a fine line of rum's that are very good and priced right. It's true however about that 2 & 3 dollar price on rum in the islands. I was on a vacation once and went into some sort of open market and bought a bottle of rum for 4 bucks. I thought I might be buying a bottle of real tiger pi-s. It was one of the best rum's I ever had. When I tried to buy the same one here in the states it was over 50 bucks. As a  long  time cigar smoker I must say I have been priced out of the market. My Macanudo's that use to be a dollar each when I first started buying them  about 30 bucks a box are now 5 or so bucks each and over a 100 bucks for the same box today. Because of that I am now reduced to a now and then cigar smoker which might be for the best. I have always been able to have a smoke when I felt like it and then not for months and even years and not even think about it. People who don't smoke should never start. I have always been an occasional smoker which is still not good but not as bad as a full time smoker. Cigarettes are something that should be avoided they are addicting and toxic due to all the chemicals in them. They are easy to easy to carry around and are more accepted by innocent bystanders. Try lighting up a cigar or pipe in the company of non smokers you will get tossed out on your ear. With cigarettes you will get some grumbling but most times you will get away with it. Unless you have total willpower to be a now and again smoker its best not to get started.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

bullcat jr.

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »
CJD remember smoking is bad for you  >:(
No Cigars No pipes  No Cigarettes
I'll tell your Mom on you!   ;)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2007, 08:18:10 PM »
CJD remember smoking is bad for you  >:(
No Cigars No pipes  No Cigarettes
I'll tell your Mom on you!   ;)
Wow your not leaving me much here. :-\ Well I will try to be good ::) If you tell my mom she might get real mad and chase me around with the wooden spoon. :o No need to worry about cigarettes so thats one off the list already.  ;) Your very right bullcat jr. I should not be smoking at all. O0 I only smoke one or two cigars a week and sometimes none  at all. You kids are so smart today almost all kids your age know smoking is very bad  :) Thanks for worrying about me and I will try to keep it down to one or none a week ;)
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

bullcat jr.

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2007, 08:23:06 PM »
I'm glad my Mom doesn't have a wooden spoon  :o

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2007, 10:36:58 PM »
I chew snuff!And yes I like it!

Kiwi

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2007, 12:25:41 AM »
I liked a pipe, I had a clay one from holland, and a wooden one from Italy.

When ever we got new wooden pipes, we put them in Cherry Brandy over night, its good for the wood, then when you smoke it you get the taste of the brandy too  O0

And of course never waste the brandy.  ;)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2007, 12:55:21 AM »
I have to admit that I tried Cigarettes to see what was so good about them and I liked them and ended up getting addicted but I quit right away.  I smoked less than one pack total.  So learn from me and don't try smoking, it's really addicting (especially Marlboros). 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD