Author Topic: Does the JTF support Sikhs?  (Read 9913 times)

newman

Re: Does the JTF support Sikhs?
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2007, 12:28:02 AM »
Our only beef has been with muslims and hindu extremists.

I'd like to hear more about Hindu extremists.  Here in the U.S. people have an image of Hindus as peace-loving, enlightened individuals. 

enlightened? breaking the 7 laws of noah makes them enlightened? I'm sorry, but we cannot have idolatrous allies, it will damage our spirituality, and will make it harder for us to have divine assistance.

Which laws do they break?

The prohibition against Idolatry - they believe in more than one G-d.

Other people break that one, too (like praying to 'that man') and we have them as allies.

Saying missionaries deserve to be attacked and calling Christians idolaters. It never ends! Don't worry, with attitudes like that you don't have to worry about having allies. You'll be all alone pretty quick.

I'm concerned there are some here now actively working to prevent JTF from acquiring allies.

I'm trying to convince him we SHOULD have sikhs as allies, twit.
Sikhs aren't idolators...are they?

I don't think so, but the other guy did. I was trying to make a point.

Offline SherePunjab

• New JTFer
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2007, 12:31:45 AM »
Whoever said Sikhism is an idoltrous religion is ignorant. It is strictly a monotheistic religion (beleif in One God) Idol worshipping, praying 5 times a day, fasting, animal sacrifice and all these other blind rituals were strongly condemned by the 10 Sikh Gurus.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2007, 12:32:28 AM »

Point is, don't get your inspiration for political philosophies from the writings of George Lucas! He's a hardcore lefty!

Sure, enjoy the special effects, go oooo' ahhh', be entertained, enjoy the film, but also be critical of the message of the film,  the Star Wars films are a left wing diatribe.

What about natelie portman...

What a terrible actress - the dialogue in Episode II was like something out of a Middle School play.  And let us not forget the Kotel incident...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Joe Schmo

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2007, 12:34:49 AM »
Whoever said Sikhism is an idoltrous religion is ignorant. It is strictly a monotheistic religion.

That's what I thought.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2007, 06:23:03 AM »

Point is, don't get your inspiration for political philosophies from the writings of George Lucas! He's a hardcore lefty!

Sure, enjoy the special effects, go oooo' ahhh', be entertained, enjoy the film, but also be critical of the message of the film,  the Star Wars films are a left wing diatribe.

What about natelie portman...

True that was very disrepsectful

What a terrible actress - the dialogue in Episode II was like something out of a Middle School play.  And let us not forget the Kotel incident...

raiseyourfist

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2007, 08:07:08 AM »
"Hindu extremists" have links to JTF on their website. HinduUnity.org is an example. They are the Hindu version of Kahanists.

Hey this is really good Yacov these people are for jews the same way we are for the heroic serbs

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2007, 08:47:04 AM »
Chakma613, SherePunjab is not a Hindu, but a Sikh.  He was just referring to Hindu extremists with whon Sikhs clash.  And from what I can tell reading that web site, the Sikhs worship one G-d like us, and they also are against slaughtering animals.  So I think it's wonderful that he's posting here, and we should welcome him. 

Newman even though we're against missionizing on the forum, we should not be taking pot shots at Christians, especially other members here, regardless of what you personally believe. 

Anyway, welcome SherePunjab. 

I don't belive I said that Shiks were idolatrous, but rather, I was responding to what was said earlier about having Hindus as allies(page one), and I had to disagree with that. Similarly, I disagree with having certain types of christians are allies - the Rambam rules that certain types of christianity is idolatry for a non-jew. (I would guess that the trinity is what he was talking about, but saying that he was the messiah, is not idolatry, in wouldn't think) I am not stating that I believe, and I am not attacking any one in particular, this is, as far as I know, undisputed by other rabbinical authorities.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »

I'm for working with all decent peoples, regardless of their faith, who are dealing with the global plague of Islam. Of all the religions on earth, only Islam is acting as the enemy of all humanity and civilization. Therefore, I'm cool with Christians, Sikh's, Buhddists, Hindu's, Shintoists, and every flavor of Jews (except of course for the "Liberal" self hating traitorous variety of "Jew" which I loath more than the Islamics).
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2007, 02:09:53 PM »

I'm for working with all decent peoples, regardless of their faith, who are dealing with the global plague of Islam. Of all the religions on earth, only Islam is acting as the enemy of all humanity and civilization. Therefore, I'm cool with Christians, Sikh's, Buhddists, Hindu's, Shintoists, and every flavor of Jews (except of course for the "Liberal" self hating traitorous variety of "Jew" which I loath more than the Islamics).

..I'll reiterate my point. We are vicorious because our merits and MItzvos, not because we have more people backng us. Therefore, we can affford to be selective about whom we associate with - being in the assembly of idolaters will only damage us spiritually and weaken our struggle against Islam.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2007, 10:29:49 PM »

What about the extremely antisemetic Brits?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2007, 01:27:09 AM »

Daniel, I believe he was speaking on behalf of Sikhs.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline SherePunjab

• New JTFer
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2007, 01:31:56 AM »

Shere Punjab UK are good allies of the British National Party. They probably are anti semetic but do recognize that most Sikhs belong to the Indo Aryan races. Most importantly, we both share the same anti islamic agendas.

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2007, 07:45:30 AM »
..I'll reiterate my point. We are vicorious because our merits and MItzvos, not because we have more people backng us. Therefore, we can affford to be selective about whom we associate with - being in the assembly of idolaters will only damage us spiritually and weaken our struggle against Islam.

Chaim says that the 6 million Jews of Europe should have been brought into the United States during the Holocaust.

Are you saying that because tens of millions of Americans are believers in the Trinity, European Jewry should not have come into the United States?

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2007, 08:34:32 AM »

Chaim says that the 6 million Jews of Europe should have been brought into the United States during the Holocaust.

Are you saying that because tens of millions of Americans are believers in the Trinity, European Jewry should not have come into the United States?

I fail to see the connection - living among idolaters is not what I was talking about, Associating and identifying one's self with them however, it something different.

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2007, 08:41:23 AM »

I fail to see the connection - living among idolaters is not what I was talking about, Associating and identifying one's self with them however, it something different.

OK, so how are we identifying with Hindus, for example, apart from our shared contempt for Islam? (Actually, I think that Hinduism is a remarkable religion, with beautiful idols. But never mind about that....)

When you speak of "associating" and "assembling," don't you mean "standing in the same [religious] congregation with"? Or are you of the opinion that Jews should seek only the help of Noahides, who obey the Biblical injunction to worship only one G-d and to adore no idols?

And let me get this straight - are you saying that Jews living in idolatrous lands, and accepting their aid in times of crisis, is kosher?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:44:57 AM by Dissenter »