Poll

Should polygamy be legal in Kahanist Israel?

Yes. The Torah permits it.
11 (42.3%)
No. The practice is antithetical to Jewish values.
15 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Poll: Should polygamy be legal in Kahanist Israel?  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Poll: Should polygamy be legal in Kahanist Israel?
« on: August 22, 2007, 10:53:17 PM »
There has been a lot of debate about this subject. Where does everybody stand?

newman

Re: Poll: Should polygamy be legal in Kahanist Israel?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »
If Torah allows it, it should be OPTIONAL but not compulsary.

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:10:36 PM »
You should add more choices - such as "It's not prohibited by halacha, but it is frowned upon and should not be practiced"
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:12:52 PM »
You should add more choices - such as "It's not prohibited by halacha, but it is frowned upon and should not be practiced"

or only by Sefardim and not Askenazim

and

Only if the ratio between males and females shows a lot more femals (which isnt the situation right now-about equal but a little more males then females.)
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 11:28:48 PM »
Because under Orthodox Law I am a Righteous Gentile (though I do have some Jewish blood), unless there is a conversion, Kahanist Israel would not be my ideal home, therefore I am not in much of a place to tell others what to do.

But I myself wouldn't want polygamy, and I question if a stable society can be built on it.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 11:30:35 PM »
I say it should be allowed bec. the Torah permits it but when couples get married the wife should have the option to make the husband sign a contract that he wouldn't take more than one wife if she wants to make sure that she'll be the only one. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:00:36 AM »
Personally, I am against it. But if Kahanist Israel is going to follow the torah and turn to the Sanhedrin for its decision, and if the Sanhedrin says it's permissable, then in that context, the government shouldn't intervene.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 07:20:35 AM »
Daniel... me and you are yet again on the same wave length !!!!

I agree with what you have said here... its up to the sunhedrin to make the decision... personally i am against it because in my mind it brings back the question of "love" ... now i am the last person who knows anything about this because i have never been in a relationship but this concept is wiped of the map with Polygamy where people can just marry more than  one wife for procreation.... Sacrifices were also outlawed amongst the jewish people and true torah abiding people should be questioning this too i would think...

kellymaureen

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 10:48:03 AM »
If the ratio of men to women is equal, or there are more men, what will happen to those men who will not be able to find a wife because all the women are taken.  With each man taking 2 or 3 wives and having children with them, eventually this will limit the gene pool as well.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 10:54:04 AM »
If the ratio of men to women is equal, or there are more men, what will happen to those men who will not be able to find a wife because all the women are taken.  With each man taking 2 or 3 wives and having children with them, eventually this will limit the gene pool as well.

I don't agree with polygamy either. The muzlimz have 60 kids from from 10 different wives. They don't even know the names of their kids. Polygamy sucks.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 11:15:49 AM »
I don't think there's anything morally wrong with it, but polygamy is likely one of the reasons there is so much inbreeding in the muslim world. It should generally be frowned upon as it is more or less mostly practiced by lesser cultures.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 12:28:16 PM »

Survival of the fittest :)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 12:29:50 PM »
I think alot of you guys just want a different woman for each day of the week :-\ :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 12:33:53 PM »
You all know how I fee about this, and I also agree with Mord. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 12:40:35 PM »
I think alot of you guys just want a different woman for each day of the week :-\ :laugh:

And two on Saturday for the double mitzvah  :laugh:

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 01:02:19 PM »

I agree with you.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »
I think it would be a good thing, I'm all for it.

It would show that Israel is becoming independent again and not reconciled with the nations or concerned about their opinions.

It would also be worth it just to see the reaction of feminists and certain other people.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 10:39:36 PM »
It should be legal in Israel, but only for Jews and to expand on the Jewish population. Overtake the Arabs and create a greater Israel!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 12:40:59 AM »
I already said what I thought--that I don't like it but that Jews have the right to make policies in their own land for their own people.

I don't know that all of Chaim's reasons for not having a problem with it are necessarily great ones, but it is his prerogative and we are pretty stupid if we are getting angry with him for it.

I don't know that the Bible or Torah really supports it, but I have not been able to find verses actually condemning it either.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 12:48:30 AM »
I voted and my opinion is no it should no be legal. I don't see how any self respecting woman would go along with polygamy. I am the furthest thing from a feminist. I can see the reasons to do it thousands of years ago but I don't think there's any need for it now.