Author Topic: Russia (Magog) Enters Syria  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Russia (Magog) Enters Syria
« on: September 30, 2015, 05:30:09 PM »
Is this Gog and Magog? on Hoshana Rabba at the beginning of a Hakhel year, Bush started the war in Afghanistan. This is happening in Sukkot of a Hakhel year as well. It is pointed out that Magog is Russia. The original geographic meaning of Magog refers to Russia. It is still possible that other countries could be spiritually Magog. The US could be Magog because if you go straight North form Israel, you will pass Russia and then after the North Pole continue South to Alaska. Jerusalem is the real Center of the World. The Temple Mount is the Jewish 0 Degrees Latitude and 0 Degrees Longitude. This means the US could be considered to be an extension of Magog. If you fly from Israel on a direct flight to Alaska (as described above), it's the same distance as the familiar flight to New York.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Re: Russia (Magog) Enters Syria
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:46:17 AM »
Those in the know have always claimed that the USA is Gog, NOT Russia:

"The BIGGEST enemy of the State of Israel is the United States!" (Professor Paul Eidelberg)

[link to www.torahdemocracy.org]

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:57:15 AM by Yerusha »

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:06:30 AM »
Traditional sources tend to identify the geographic place of Gog and Magog with Germany or Russia.

The USA is not North of Israel, even if you could arrive in America from Israel via the North.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:59:28 PM »
“In the year in which The Messiah will be revealed, all the nations of the world will provoke each other. The king of Persia (Iran) will provoke the king of Arabia (Saudi Arabia). The king of Arabia will go to the King of Edom (the leader of the Christian nations – the president of the United States?) to take counsel, and the king of Persia will threaten to destroy the entire world." (Yalkut on Isaiah 60)

"Alas! Who will survive when G-d does this? Warships from Kittim will attack Assyria (Syria) and Eber (Iran), and they too will be utterly destroyed" (Numbers 24). "Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins" (Isaiah 17).

Persia is depicted (Ezekiel 38) as one of the nations that will be confederate with Gog and Magog in attacking the Land of Israel. "40 years before the Messiah son of David, there will appear the Messiah son of Joseph who will be slain by the king of Persia in Jerusalem" (Pirkei Hechalot 39). "If you see a Persian horse tethered to a grave in Eretz Yisrael, look out for the coming of the Messiah!" (Song of Songs Midrash 8 )

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »
There are a lot of people under a delusion that don't have the truth.  The first name to appear on God's Top Ten List is the name of Gog.  First Gog is a person, not a place.  Ezekiel says that Gog is of the land of Magog, and that he is the Prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal.  Ezekiel 38:2.  This clearly identifies Gog as a ruler or prince of nations.   Second Gog is the leader of the invasion.  God directly addresses Gog on several occasions in these chapters. GOG....RUSSIA is the leader or key figure in this invading force.  Watch Syria, Crimea, Ukraine,  and other nations....Russia is rising, Putin has visions of the Czar years.   Today the land of Magog is inhabited by the former Soviet republics of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and possibly even northern parts of modern Afghanistan.   Rosh in Ezekiel 38:2 in Hebrew means "head, top, summit, or chief."     

People will be surprised to learn that one of the key places mentioned in Bible prophecy is Russia.  Scripture predicts that the Great Russian Bear will rise in the last days to mount a furious invasion of Israel.   Ezekiel says:  Israel will be invaded by a people "from remote parts of the north 38:6, 15.  The nation that is most distantly from the north is Russia.  I am an ally to Israel and I will continue to tell the truth and warn her whenever I can, and no liar is going to stop me.   America is not even listed in the End Times chart that brings the list of Israel's last days enemies together....probably because of a President that has destroyed America's abilities, there are so many Americans missing from the Rapture or a nuclear war that America will be just a blip on the map.

Offline tseeker

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »
Some Christians believe Magog is Turkey. This was true at the time of Ezekiel, apparently, according to this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CpyJ3-3mBU

"I understand the Arabs, and they understand me, but neither of us can understand certain Jews" Meir Kahane

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 03:38:45 PM »
Magog is Central Asia.  Ancient Scythians...Islamic southern republics of the former Soviet Union with a population of over 60 million muslims.  This territory could also include Afghanistan.  Meshech, (Turkey)...Tubal,.(Southern Russia and Iran.)  Persia,(Iran) Put, (Libya) ancient Put west of Egypt.  Gomer, (Turkey)   Beth Togarmah, (Turkey)  Til-garimmu--between ancient Carchemish and Haran (southern turkey)   Other Islamic nations,  Possibly Iraq, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt.  Keep in mind these are God's enemies too.

This will happen in the Latter Days.   Ezekiel 38:16   "It shall come about in the last days that I will bring you against ("My Land")  emphasis added here.     The Hebrew phrase "in the last days" or latter days that is found in Ezekiel 38:16 occurs a total of fourteen times in the Tanach.    The use of the phrase "latter days" or "last days" in the Tanach is in Deuteronomy 4:30 where it describes both the future time of tribulation for Israel as well as her (ultimate restoration and blessing.)  "When you are in distress and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days you will return to the Lord your God and listen to His voice."   These timing phrases in Ezekiel 38 clearly eliminate any past fulfillment for this invasion and reveal that its still to come in the future.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 04:05:01 PM »
TIMING CLUE.   EZEKIEL adds a third important detail to narrow down the time of this invasion.  He tells us that Israel must not only be regathered to her land for this invasion to occur, but also be at rest when this invasion takes place.  The point is emphasized three times in Ezekiel 38.   "But its people were brought out from the nations, and they are living securely, all of them. 38:8.  "Those who are at rest, that live securely, all of them living without walls, and having no bars or gates. Ezekiel 38:11.  "Thus says the Lord God, "On that day when My people Israel are living securely, will you not know it?"  38:14.   Since 1948 Israel has never enjoyed a time of peace and safety when she could let her guard down.    There are only two times in Israel's future when the Bible indicates that she will be at peace.  The first is a brief 3 and a half year period during the first half of the seven year Tribulation, which will begin when the Antichrist makes a covenant or peace Treaty with Israel.  Daniel 9:27.   The 2nd time will be when the Prince of Peace, Christ returns to earth from heaven to destroy Israel's enemies and inaugurate his one-thousand-year kingdom of peace and joy centered in Israel...SEE Revelation 19:11-20:10.    Many are saying that this will occur near the close of the first half of the Tribulation.     I do not know God's exact time frame, no one does....But the Stage is set....

Ezekiel 39 says:  Son of Man, prophesy against Gog and say:  This is what the Sovereign Lord says:   I AM AGAINST YOU, GOG, CHIEF PRINCE OF MESHEK AND TUBAL. I WILL TURN YOU AROUND AND DRAG YOU ALONG.  I WILL BRING YOU FROM THE FAR NORTH AND SEND YOU AGAINST THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL.  ( THE GROUND THAT IS KNOWN AS MEGIDDO.) THEN I WILL STRIKE YOUR BOW FROM YOUR LEFT HAND AND MAKE YOUR ARROWS DROP FROM YOUR RIGHT HAND. ON THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL YOU WILL FALL, YOU AND ALL YOUR TROOPS AND THE( NATIONS WITH YOU.)   I WILL GIVE YOU AS FOOD TO ALL KINDS OF CARRION BIRDS AND TO THE WILD ANIMALS.  YOU WILL FALL IN THE OPEN FIELD, FOR I HAVE SPOKEN, DECLARES THE SOVEREIGN LORD.  I WILL SEND FIRE ON MAGOG AND ON THOSE WHO LIVE IN SAFETY IN THE COASTLANDS, AND THEY WILL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD.   " I WILL MAKE KNOWN MY HOLY NAME AMONG MY PEOPLE ISRAEL, I WILL NOT LONGER LET MY HOLY NAME BE PROFANED, AND THE NATIONS WILL KNOW THAT (I AM) THE LORD.    38:9  THEN THOSE WHO  LIVE IN THE TOWNS OF ISRAEL WILL GO OUT AND USE THE WEAPONS FOR FUEL AND BURN THEM UP.    11 ON THAT DAY I WILL GIVE GOG A BURIAL PLACE IN ISRAEL, IN THE VALLEY OF THOSE WHO TRAVEL EAST OF THE SEA.  IT WILL BLOCK THE WAY OF TRAVELERS, BECAUSE GOG AND ALL HIS HORDES WILL BE BURIED THERE. IT WILL BE CALLED THE VALLEY OF HAMON GOG.   ISRAEL WILL BE BURYING THEM IN ORDER TO CLEANSE THE LAND.  THIS DEFEAT WILL BE BY THE SUPERNATURAL FORCES OF GOD, WEATHER, OR OTHER POWERS ONLY GOD HAS.    MANY ARE SAYING HAIL STONES, OR EARTHQUAKES.    KNOWING THE FULFILLMENT OF PROPHECY, WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE SHOULD WE BE....THIS IS A STRONG WARNING TO LIVE FOR GOD.

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN HAS BEEN FULFILED....REVELATION AND THE TRIBULATION ARE COMING.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 08:29:11 PM »
Those in the know have always claimed that the USA is Gog, NOT Russia:

"The BIGGEST enemy of the State of Israel is the United States!" (Professor Paul Eidelberg)

[link to www.torahdemocracy.org]

People in the know do indeed know America is Israel's worst enemy, and also which way north is.

Everywhere is north then. Beware bloodthirsty East Timoreese. I don't think Torah is trying to be sneaky, it could have just said West. I think you're biased and not being a real lover of truth in this instance. Just because America is Israel's worst enemy, doesn't mean they're Gog (and Dr. Gill White put it pretty well as "America's ruling elites, who are also the worst enemies of the American people, are the worst enemy of Israel" (sorta paraphrasing http://www.hirhome.com/israel/hirally.htm), what happens in your logical mind doesn't matter for interpreting Torah, you go only by Torah, and that wouldn't be profound to say it's North, it would be tricky, and Torah doesn't play stupid games like that.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge