Author Topic: Brit singer sings song of hate to Israel  (Read 3672 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Brit singer sings song of hate to Israel
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:39:09 AM »
 http://www.jewishtelegraph.com/    his name Ian Brown     

Song of hate sparks storm

MANCHESTER music legend Ian Brown was condemned yesterday over anti-Israel lyrics on his new single.

Rock icon Graham Gouldman stormed: "Some people just don't understand the situation in Israel - and he's one of them."

And one Brown fan Mancunian Michael Curtis said: "It's unnecessary, desperate and factually erroneous."

Brown - former lead singer with landmark Manchester band The Stone Roses - denounces Israel in a song called Illegal Attacks on his latest album.

In it, he asks: "Does not a day go by without the Israeli air force failing to drop its bombs from the sky?"

And he adds: "How many mothers to cry, how many sons have to die, how many missions left to fly over Palestine?"

Salford-born Gouldman, who formed 10cc with Lol Creme and Kevin Godley, fumed: "Brown must get his information from the BBC - because they are totally biased against Israel as well."

Warrington - born Brown, 44, is no stranger to pro-Palestinian sympathies.

There is a link to the Palestine Solidarity Campaign on his official website and he has been quoted as saying he will never perform in Israel because "Palestine is the greatest prisoner in this world".

Brown fan Steven Helman, 25, of Whitefield, said: "I've been a big fan of his for six years and up until now I'd known about his pro-Palestinian sympathies.

"However, now he has come out blatantly with it - and I don't like it. There's no need.

"I will keep listening to his music, but if he continues with this kind of output, I will have to give it a miss."

Mr Curtis, who has followed Brown's career for more than 10 years, said he was saddened.

Mr Curtis, 25, of Bury, explained: "He is just using the age-old trick of shocking listeners into buying his records."

He added: "Artists are entitled to their political views. But to express them in such a clumsy and unsubtle manner says little for Brown's current abilities as a songwriter."

Another fan, Hannah Reuben, 20, of Whitefield, said Brown should keep his opinions to himself.

"I don't know why he's decided to sing about the conflict in Israel," she added. "He really shouldn't be doing so in his songs."

Controversial Irish singer Sinead O'Connor also sings on the track.

Ten years ago, O'Connor pulled out of a concert in Jerusalem called Two Capitals, Two States, sponsored by Israeli and Palestinian women's groups.

The Stone Roses were arguably the most influential band in Britain and inspired the Madchester scene in the late 1980s.

Brown's publicity company Chuff Media said the singer was unavailable for comment.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:40:54 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

Re: Brit singer sings song of hate to Israel
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
Stupid druggie.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:35 AM »
Stupid druggie.
I was just thinking the same thing he looks like crack addicts begging for money on the streets
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 11:42:32 PM »
Fool Britannia

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 12:15:21 AM »
Another idiot who thinks that he knows about the Israeli-Arab conflict enough to be able to make "insightful" commentary about it.  Truth is that it's such a complicated issue that most people don't have the intelligence or the knowledge to make any sort of sound judgment about it.  Anyone of these undereducated ignorant morons who try to pretend like they know what's going on is just a fool.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 12:31:57 AM »
People on the left have no need to look deeply at the situation. For them, it's very simple:

Israelis...western+civilised=BAD.

Arabs.....non-western+uncivilised=GOOD

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 12:34:15 AM »
This schmuck should live in an Arab hellhole country and see how well they treat him.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 01:04:13 AM »
It is simple. They hate Jews because they hate G-d and religion. They hate religion because they believe in endless homosexual orgies and drug parties.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 11:53:56 PM »
This is getting just ridiculous.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 11:58:03 PM »
This schmuck should live in an Arab hellhole country and see how well they treat him.
Let's have him perform in Jericho - see how long it takes him to get stoned (in two ways :D)...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 12:30:13 AM »
I suspect he already is stoned (in one way). I wonder if he ever isn't high.  ::) :laugh:

Offline artgijo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 03:39:36 AM »
He should be killed

newman

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 03:40:47 AM »
Nice to see you, Gijo and I agree.