Author Topic: The Dumbing Down of Society.......  (Read 14641 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
The Dumbing Down of Society.......
« on: September 14, 2007, 06:12:28 PM »
Everyday, we're told what to do by various instructions or signs around us, when quite frankly its what should be done logically and morally. For example, the other day I stepped into a public bathroom, to straight away come across, signs telling me to "flush the toilet", "turn off the taps" and throw away my litter. Have people  reached the extent where they cannot think for themselves and have to constantly follow basic instructions everywhere they go.
I reckon this contributes to the dumbing down of society, along with the lack of discipline enforced in schools, the work place etc....What do you think?

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
Re: The Dumbing Down of Society.......
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »
The less the people think for themselves, the easier it is for the government to have more control.
No peace, without FREEDOM.

newman

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »
Everyday, we're told what to do by various instructions or signs around us, when quite frankly its what should be done logically and morally. For example, the other day I stepped into a public bathroom, to straight away come across, signs telling me to "flush the toilet", "turn off the taps" and throw away my litter. Have people  reached the extent where they cannot think for themselves and have to constantly follow basic instructions everywhere they go.
I reckon this contributes to the dumbing down of society, along with the lack of discipline enforced in schools, the work place etc....What do you think?

These signs were NEVER required when our countries were white. It's because of the invasion of human sewage from the third world that we need instructions on how to be a human in public places.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:35:16 PM »
It is muslims who need signs like that. They are so filthy.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Erica

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 09:35:30 PM »

These signs were NEVER required when our countries were white. It's because of the invasion of human sewage from the third world that we need instructions on how to be a human in public places.
Stuff it Newman. It is common sense to wash your hands when you're done in the restroom, clean up after yourself and turn off the water. That is just plain common sense. It has nothing to do with black or white, just laziness in general.

I see the same signs in resturant restrooms where the manager has to, in writing, remind their employees to properly wash their hands after using the restroom or cleaning a restroom. I've seen it in all white places also, where no blacks hardly live.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 10:08:01 PM »
I don't understand the need for signs that say "Wash your hands." in a bathroom.  I know where I work the "Wet floor signs" are in 3 different languages. I'm leaving the race card out of this, I've seen whites, blacks, asians not wash their hands after using the restroom.

Erica

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »
I don't understand the need for signs that say "Wash your hands." in a bathroom.  I know where I work the "Wet floor signs" are in 3 different languages. I'm leaving the race card out of this, I've seen whites, blacks, asians not wash their hands after using the restroom.
Its even more disturbing when you go while visiting a resturant and wash YOUR hand...then see one of the waiters or a waitress, and even the cook come out of the stall and exit the restroom. ((shudders))

Erica

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 10:14:15 PM »

The people who need those signs don't know how to read anyway. They should have Ebonics translators in bathrooms that schvartzas frequent. ;D

lol I think you're generalizing a little too much here, Yacov. Everyone who dosen't wash their hands after coming out of the restroom are dirty people.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 10:14:51 PM »
Its even more disturbing when you go while visiting a resturant and wash YOUR hand...then see one of the waiters or a waitress, and even the cook come out of the stall and exit the restroom. ((shudders))

If I hade a dime for everytime I've seen that, I'd be rich.

Erica

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 10:19:02 PM »

lol Me too.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »

lol Me too.

I saw an Asian lady  (Cook ) at a resturant use a frozen fish for a doorstop. I kid you not. :o

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 10:28:30 PM »
It props the freezer door open. Instead of having too use a key too open the freezer door every time, she put a frozen fish between the door and the freezer too stop the door from locking.

Erica

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 10:30:35 PM »

lol Me too.

I saw an Asian lady  (Cook ) at a resturant use a frozen fish for a doorstop. I kid you not. :o
I hope you turned around and drove to another resturant. That's just NASTY! I'm no germaphobe but OOOH!  :o My 16 year old has a pet turtle and in order to keep it, she has to wash her hands before and after everytime she handles it. I think she's probably developing OCD ... especially after we told her what germs and diseases turtles and other reptiles carry on their skin, and shells.

Erica

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 10:32:28 PM »
I don't like bathrooms without soap. So sometimes your hands get dirtier from touching the sink that doesn't have soap then from touching yourself when you go to the bathroom. So in dirty bathrooms with no sinks, I'll just wash my hands when I get to a clean bathroom and be careful not to touch food or put my hands in my mouth.

Me either, I wash my hands in hot water when there is no soap, then I whip out my bottle of antibacterial sanitizer. And just for kicks, Yacov...why would you put your hands in your mouth at all. LOL

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 10:33:56 PM »

I love the "No Smoking" sign next to the self serve gas pumps, I think those signs should be removed for the good of the human gene pool. If you're stupid enough to light up a cigarette while pumping gas, you deserve to explode  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Erica

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 10:34:21 PM »
What's a door stop?

Its something that keeps a door open. Its SUPPOSED to be a wedge of wood, placed at the bottom of the door. It works a whole lot better than just sticking a frozen trout under the door. That's just retarded.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 10:34:31 PM »
Erica ,

Let's just say, she does not work at that resturant any more. :)

Erica

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 10:35:06 PM »
Erica ,

Let's just say, she does not work at that resturant any more. :)
My hero!

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 02:37:43 AM »
I think that Erica is quite right when she says that following common sense rules of hygiene has little or nothing to do with one's skin color.

I think it has to do more with the triumph of liberalism in our society.  Liberalism involves fighting against the rules, of rebelling against The Man and so forth.  Some rebellion against authority can be a good thing, but not when it is applied to the laws of nature.  It is not exactly a great idea to rebel against the rules of hygiene.   In fact, it can be deadly, as was the case with the outbreak of bubonic plague back in the middle ages.

Erica

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 02:55:42 AM »
I think that Erica is quite right when she says that following common sense rules of hygiene has little or nothing to do with one's skin color.

I think it has to do more with the triumph of liberalism in our society.  Liberalism involves fighting against the rules, of rebelling against The Man and so forth.  Some rebellion against authority can be a good thing, but not when it is applied to the laws of nature.  It is not exactly a great idea to rebel against the rules of hygiene.   In fact, it can be deadly, as was the case with the outbreak of bubonic plague back in the middle ages.
No..I think its just common laziness, not really raging against the preverbial machine. It starts with home training. Grown-ups who don't wash their hands now could have benefitted from having a mom or dad who had OCD...people who constantly wash their hands for fear that they'll get germs.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 06:47:21 AM »
Has anyone here watched the Aviator?

newman

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 06:49:34 AM »

I have.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 06:51:59 AM »

I have.
Leonardo DC kept washing his hands until they bled at times!

newman

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 07:24:21 AM »

I have.
Leonardo DC kept washing his hands until they bled at times!

Howard Hughs was a whacko.

See As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson. He has OCD and he does that too.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 07:51:05 AM »
All the points made on this thread are true but there is another reason for the incessant use of signs that display common sense information.  LAWYERS.  Don't forget that in the U.S. you can sue for anything, including your own stupidity or laziness.

Hot coffee scalded you?  Sue the restaurant that served it.  So coffee cups need to say "HOT".
Smoking two packs of cigarettes a day for 40 years gave you cancer?  Sue the tobacco company.  So cigarette packs need to say "DANGER".
Severely injure yourself in a car accident because you're too drunk to operate the seat belt?  Sue the automobile manufacturer.  While you're at it sue the liquor company too.  So automobiles need to be placarded with "PULL TO RELEASE" signs and liquor bottles need to say "DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE".
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson