Author Topic: The Dumbing Down of Society.......  (Read 14639 times)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: The Dumbing Down of Society.......
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 08:31:48 AM »
All the points made on this thread are true but there is another reason for the incessant use of signs that display common sense information.  LAWYERS.  Don't forget that in the U.S. you can sue for anything, including your own stupidity or laziness.

Hot coffee scalded you?  Sue the restaurant that served it.  So coffee cups need to say "HOT".
Smoking two packs of cigarettes a day for 40 years gave you cancer?  Sue the tobacco company.  So cigarette packs need to say "DANGER".
Severely injure yourself in a car accident because you're too drunk to operate the seat belt?  Sue the automobile manufacturer.  While you're at it sue the liquor company too.  So automobiles need to be placarded with "PULL TO RELEASE" signs and liquor bottles need to say "DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE".
What can I add?  You are right.... ;)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 09:08:49 AM »
I don't understand the need for signs that say "Wash your hands." in a bathroom.  I know where I work the "Wet floor signs" are in 3 different languages. I'm leaving the race card out of this, I've seen whites, blacks, asians not wash their hands after using the restroom.
Its even more disturbing when you go while visiting a resturant and wash YOUR hand...then see one of the waiters or a waitress, and even the cook come out of the stall and exit the restroom. ((shudders))

If I hade a dime for everytime I've seen that, I'd be rich.
lol Me too.

I saw an Asian lady  (Cook ) at a resturant use a frozen fish for a doorstop. I kid you not. :o
I was told by someone this week that they had seen a clip on one of the news shows of Chinaman busting up garlic cloves by stamping them on the floor with his shoes on  ???
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 09:15:54 AM »

I love the "No Smoking" sign next to the self serve gas pumps, I think those signs should be removed for the good of the human gene pool. If you're stupid enough to light up a cigarette while pumping gas, you deserve to explode  ;D
Not that anyone should smoke while gassing up but you would be surprised how often its done. Today most fumes are contained between the car and the pump so the risk is even less then it was when that rule was imposed. In an open area it is quite difficult to start a fire by smoking near a pump. There is more of a danger from static electricity causing a spark at he nozzle then from smoking.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 09:21:08 AM »
Has anyone here watched the Aviator?

I have.
Leonardo DC kept washing his hands until they bled at times!

Howard Hughs was a whacko.

See As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson. He has OCD and he does that too.
Both very good movies. What happed to Hughs was a sin. All that money and in the end he died like an animal. He became drug addicted to pain killers in real life. I honestly believe that in the end the people managing things for him kept him drugged out so they could do as the pleased with his money. His life is a real eye opener of what to beware of for people with that sort of money.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 11:20:49 AM »
Potential lawsuits is exactly why all those signs are up instructing people to do what should be obvious.  Lawyers are controlling more and more of society with every moment in time.  They are helping us become a society of idiots.

A person can definitely become too obsessed with hygiene.  My grandmother had an expression designed to be a remedy for such an obsession: she would say that a person has to eat a pound of dirt before they die. 

Also coming to mind is Lady MacBeth, who washed her hands incessantly in her symbolic attempt to wash the blood that were on her hands for all the murders she convinced her husband to commit.  It is when she finally commits suicide over it that King MacBeth makes perhaps the most moving speech in all of Shakespeare.  I would quote it here, except that this note is already going to be fairly substantial.

In any case, the hygienic rules I personally follow is to shower every other day, brush/floss my teeth daily, and wash my hands when I get up in the morning, and once more before I eat dinner.  Sometimes I wash my hands more, such as after people shake my hands.  I mention all this not to provide Too Much Information about myself, but rather as a helpful guideline for people to follow in general.  By the way, it makes no difference what kind of soap one uses, as long as one does use soap, and one's hands are immersed in soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds.

It is so true that often the wrong people seem to have a whole lot of wealth.  I have heard that at least two-thirds of people who win the lottery, go bankrupt within five years.  Then there are all those crazy celebrities, who have all the money in the world, yet act in such a bizarre manner. 

Even putting aside his blatant antisemitism so as to not go off on a tangent, why in the world was Mel Gibson drinking and driving in the first place?  The guy probably has hundreds of millions of dollars; I would think a man that powerful in Hollywood and that rich, would never, ever have to drink even one ounce of heavy liquor.

And what is with this Paris Hilton woman?  Even her name sounds super-rich!  I do not know even one person who has anything but contempt for her.  She is the laughingstock of Hollywood.  I do not think people resent her for her money, as much as for the fact that she is such a media whore, desperately having the need for millions of strangers to constantly see her in various stages of undress.  Maybe I would not mind it nearly as much if she had the kind of face and body worth admiring!

Then there are people like Bill Gates, who seem like perfectly decent, sane human beings who have contributed something substantial to society, yet I cannot figure such people out either.  Last time I checked, Bill Gates has sixty BILLION dollars.  It has been said that he has so much money, that if he were walking down the street and a one hundred dollar bill fell from his pocket, that it would not be worth his time to bend over and pick it up. 

What mystifies me about such a person is, why in the world does he keep on working?  If I would ever take the trouble of buying a lottery ticket and winning, say, four million dollars (I would need that much to retire due to taxes as well as the cost of buying a home), I would never work another day in my life.  That is exactly what happened to philosopher George Santayana: he was in the middle of teaching a philosophy class at some major university, when somebody came into class with a note indicating that the professor had just inherited a large fortune.  Right then and there, without even waiting for that hour of class to finish, he announced his retirement and never worked another day in his life.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »
All the points made on this thread are true but there is another reason for the incessant use of signs that display common sense information.  LAWYERS.  Don't forget that in the U.S. you can sue for anything, including your own stupidity or laziness.

Hot coffee scalded you?  Sue the restaurant that served it.  So coffee cups need to say "HOT".
Smoking two packs of cigarettes a day for 40 years gave you cancer?  Sue the tobacco company.  So cigarette packs need to say "DANGER".
Severely injure yourself in a car accident because you're too drunk to operate the seat belt?  Sue the automobile manufacturer.  While you're at it sue the liquor company too.  So automobiles need to be placarded with "PULL TO RELEASE" signs and liquor bottles need to say "DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE".

Correct! Its absolute pettiness.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
This is what has happened since 9/11 as well: because so many Jews were saved on 9/11, the antisemites use that as an excuse to blame the Jews for 9/11.  Never mind that so many Jews were late to work because that was the first day of saying the special prayers one says starting a week before the Jewish New Year.  Never mind that all nineteen hijackers were moslem, 16 of whom were from saudi arabia.  Never mind that osama bin ladden has repeatedly and quite proudly claimed responsibility for 9/11.  the antisemites of this world do not care about the facts.  if they cared about the facts, they would not be antisemites.

this is exactly what happened during the days of the bubonic plague as well.  because Jews have the hygienic practice of washing our hands before we eat, our ancestry was spared much of the ravages of the bubonic plague.  so predictably, the antisemites used this as an excuse to blame the Jews for the plague, completely ignoring the facts.  keep in mind that facts to an antisemite is what cryptonite is to superman.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 04:14:49 PM »
I also watched a documentry about 9/11 being a so called conspiracy, and it said that Israel had aired a warning on the radio about a supposed threat in New York that day.

Erica

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 04:46:26 PM »
Has anyone here watched the Aviator?

I LOVED that movie.

Erica

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »

I agree with that. I remember a case where an elderly woman ordered a coffee from McDonalds then sued the company because it was too hot...AND SHE WON!!!  ??? Boggles the mind.

Erica

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 04:49:55 PM »
I don't understand the need for signs that say "Wash your hands." in a bathroom.  I know where I work the "Wet floor signs" are in 3 different languages. I'm leaving the race card out of this, I've seen whites, blacks, asians not wash their hands after using the restroom.
Its even more disturbing when you go while visiting a resturant and wash YOUR hand...then see one of the waiters or a waitress, and even the cook come out of the stall and exit the restroom. ((shudders))
I guess the days of taking a clove of garlic and smashing them in a garlic press or between the cutting board and a flat butcher's knife are gone, huh? ::)

If I hade a dime for everytime I've seen that, I'd be rich.
lol Me too.

I saw an Asian lady  (Cook ) at a resturant use a frozen fish for a doorstop. I kid you not. :o
I was told by someone this week that they had seen a clip on one of the news shows of Chinaman busting up garlic cloves by stamping them on the floor with his shoes on  ???

Erica

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 04:53:47 PM »

I love the "No Smoking" sign next to the self serve gas pumps, I think those signs should be removed for the good of the human gene pool. If you're stupid enough to light up a cigarette while pumping gas, you deserve to explode  ;D
Not that anyone should smoke while gassing up but you would be surprised how often its done. Today most fumes are contained between the car and the pump so the risk is even less then it was when that rule was imposed. In an open area it is quite difficult to start a fire by smoking near a pump. There is more of a danger from static electricity causing a spark at he nozzle then from smoking.
This can also happen if you use electrical devices, such as cell phones. A few years ago, if not 4... I think it was in NY where a man got out of his vehicle at a gas station to pump the gas..WHile he was pumping he decides to use his cell phone and  the gas pump exploded. I always let whoever I'm on the cell with before my husband gets out to pump the gas, know that I'll call them back after we've pumped the gas. lol

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
I do not want to play into all the antisemitic conspiracies about 9/11...however, i have heard that Israel did know about an impending islamofascist attack on America, but did not know exactly when it would happen, or in what form.  Nevertheless, they tried to warn America about this based on what little information they had, but America ignored them.

Stated another way, not only did the Jews not cause 9/11, but actually tried to stop it to the best of their ability.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007, 06:32:07 PM »

I do not want to play into all the antisemitic conspiracies about 9/11...however, i have heard that Israel did know about an impending islamofascist attack on America, but did not know exactly when it would happen, or in what form.  Nevertheless, they tried to warn America about this based on what little information they had, but America ignored them.

I actually think thats true. They sent warnings to the public as well.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2007, 07:09:55 PM »
As it turns out, Amercia knew this as well and did nothing....  I think George Tennet had something to do with this oversight.... but could be wrong..
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2007, 08:09:23 PM »
I really think this is all Monday-morning quarterbacking, of trying to get a feeling of having more control over events then we actually do.  The simple fact is that the islamofascists caught us completely by surprise, simply because in our wildest dreams we never even contemplate behaving with as much barbarically savage cruelty as the islamofascists constantly do every day of their pathetic lives.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 09:05:46 AM »
I really think this is all Monday-morning quarterbacking, of trying to get a feeling of having more control over events then we actually do.  The simple fact is that the islamofascists caught us completely by surprise, simply because in our wildest dreams we never even contemplate behaving with as much barbarically savage cruelty as the islamofascists constantly do every day of their pathetic lives.
JTB you are correct. As it turns out both America, Israel and probably many other nations including Britian knew a pending attack was coming.  The writing was on the wall.  We can largely thank Jimmy Carter for this.... but sadly one can go back to the days of Jack/Kim Philby and the selling of Arabia by the Rockefellers to King Ibn Saud...sorry to digress.  You are right...

You know, to add onto this, there are a few very good book dealing with this topic.  One, Takebackourtemple and Davkakach relayed to me was particularly the chapter in the book "The UN Gang" surrounding the UN's part in 911.  The chapter details the intimate collaboration between Communist Russia/China/N.Korea/Cuba with the Islamic nations and Islamic "Radical" groups within the UN building itself as well the advanced intelligence gathering aparatus the Communist Nations use the UN, with its protection umbarella as an "International Organization".  The American ex-UN delegate put together a fabulous depiction of what might have happened or where the facts seem to dictate but thanks to the UN's status, it cannot be investigated indepently.

Two other books on "The Dumbing Down" of Society are: "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" by C.T. Iserbyte and "The Underground History of American Educational System" by John T. Gatto.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 10:37:58 AM »

That's like the episode of Seinfeld where the chef exits the bathroom without washing his hands. This freaked out Jerry and he refused to eat the food when it came shaking his head "no' like a little kid and offending the daughter of the chef :)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2007, 10:43:17 AM »

I love the "No Smoking" sign next to the self serve gas pumps, I think those signs should be removed for the good of the human gene pool. If you're stupid enough to light up a cigarette while pumping gas, you deserve to explode  ;D

That might be true. But the gas station owners also want to prevent their gas stations from exploding as well. Plus, even if these people deserve to explode, the owners still need to have these signs for liability reasons. If it's possible for someone to spill hot coffee on their laps and receive millions for it, then it's also conceivable that the same thing can happen if someone blows themselves up while pumping gas. It's all about CYA. (Cover your ass)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2007, 10:46:49 AM »
I think that Erica is quite right when she says that following common sense rules of hygiene has little or nothing to do with one's skin color.

I think it has to do more with the triumph of liberalism in our society.  Liberalism involves fighting against the rules, of rebelling against The Man and so forth.  Some rebellion against authority can be a good thing, but not when it is applied to the laws of nature.  It is not exactly a great idea to rebel against the rules of hygiene.   In fact, it can be deadly, as was the case with the outbreak of bubonic plague back in the middle ages.

Umm, since when does washing of ones hands have anything to do with political ideology? It's amazing how so many of you claim that liberals are guilty of generalizing yet make these enormous stretches of logic to try to link up a lack of good habits to political ideology. Astounding!

Not everything in life is connected to political ideology.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »
Everyday, we're told what to do by various instructions or signs around us, when quite frankly its what should be done logically and morally. For example, the other day I stepped into a public bathroom, to straight away come across, signs telling me to "flush the toilet", "turn off the taps" and throw away my litter. Have people  reached the extent where they cannot think for themselves and have to constantly follow basic instructions everywhere they go.
I reckon this contributes to the dumbing down of society, along with the lack of discipline enforced in schools, the work place etc....What do you think?

These signs were NEVER required when our countries were white. It's because of the invasion of human sewage from the third world that we need instructions on how to be a human in public places.

This is a public place. I guess we should provide a sign for you then :)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 10:50:28 AM »
Everyday, we're told what to do by various instructions or signs around us, when quite frankly its what should be done logically and morally. For example, the other day I stepped into a public bathroom, to straight away come across, signs telling me to "flush the toilet", "turn off the taps" and throw away my litter. Have people  reached the extent where they cannot think for themselves and have to constantly follow basic instructions everywhere they go.
I reckon this contributes to the dumbing down of society, along with the lack of discipline enforced in schools, the work place etc....What do you think?

This reminds me of Carlos Mencia's "Dee dee dee" video which begins with a sign saying "Open 7 days a week, Sundays too."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8swYBQ34QqI

Joe Schmo

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 10:52:14 AM »
Carlos Mencia

Si, senor.  Me gusta mucho burritos y tacos.  Si.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 10:55:30 AM by Scriabin »

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 10:52:36 AM »
It is muslims who need signs like that. They are so filthy.

So according to this logic, Sarah must have stunk to high heaven until she converted from Islam :)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 12:49:12 PM »
It is muslims who need signs like that. They are so filthy.

So according to this logic, Sarah must have stunk to high heaven until she converted from Islam :)

Oh Thanks a lot! :laugh:

Btw I never converted to anything.