Author Topic: After Trump, Netanyahu Says He Is Ready to Study Restraining Settlement Building  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
"NO MAN in Jewish history will be held more accountable than Binyamin Netanayahu!" (Professor Paul Eidelberg)

Offline GreenLightToGo

• Full JTFer
https://jtf.org/trump-tells-netanyahu-to-hold-back-on-settlements-netanyahu-says-he-is-ready-to-study-restraining-settlement-building/

Would you have to stop settlements for a one-state solution, though?

Trump said he'd like them to stop building settlements for "a little bit", but if Netanyahu took Trump's one-state offer, would it even be part of the plan for Israel to stop building settlements? What would you have to stop building them for?

Trump basically put the ball entirely in Israel's court, even if he worded it poorly. Stopping settlements makes sense for a two-state solution, not a one-state solution; so if Israel declines a one-state solution, I hardly see how that's a reason to continue the never-Trump crusade.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Would you have to stop settlements for a one-state solution, though?

Trump said he'd like them to stop building settlements for "a little bit", but if Netanyahu took Trump's one-state offer, would it even be part of the plan for Israel to stop building settlements? What would you have to stop building them for?

Trump basically put the ball entirely in Israel's court, even if he worded it poorly. Stopping settlements makes sense for a two-state solution, not a one-state solution; so if Israel declines a one-state solution, I hardly see how that's a reason to continue the never-Trump crusade.

No, your staw man is a weak reason. HE TOLD BIBI ON LIVE TV TO STOP BUILDING SETTLEMENTS. A LITTLE BIT?!?!!?!? What would Trump do if Chaim was leader and said "once as you stop settling Washington DC"?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
This is a direct quote from Donald Trump from yesterday's news conference with Bibi:  "I'm looking at two-state and one-state formulations.  I like the one that both parties like.  I can live with either one."  What other President said that?

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
It shouldn't matter what anyone else says, bibi should just grow a pair and make his own decisions.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Guys I'm sorry but watch the video of trump again when he says that to bibi.

My interpretation is Bibi in private beforehand ASKED him to say that.  He needs a situation where the US is pressuring him not to build so he can blame it on someone and abdicate responsibility for his behavior.

Taking all the evidence in total including the ridiculous way he said this comment including body language and demeanor, I really don't think Trump gIves a dam if Israel builds.

Offline GreenLightToGo

• Full JTFer
No, your staw man is a weak reason. HE TOLD BIBI ON LIVE TV TO STOP BUILDING SETTLEMENTS. A LITTLE BIT?!?!!?!? What would Trump do if Chaim was leader and said "once as you stop settling Washington DC"?

You're right, he did, but it's a necessity for a two-state solution, not a one-state solution.

It's as easy as Netanyahu saying he'll keep the land for a one-state solution if he wants to.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Guys I'm sorry but watch the video of trump again when he says that to bibi.

My interpretation is Bibi in private beforehand ASKED him to say that.  He needs a situation where the US is pressuring him not to build so he can blame it on someone and abdicate responsibility for his behavior.

Taking all the evidence in total including the ridiculous way he said this comment including body language and demeanor, I really don't think Trump gIves a dam if Israel builds.

In general,  I think Israel entered the process of dealing with the Trump Administration with more leeway in terms of being less concerned about the United States' reaction than has been the case in a long time.  Probably since parts of the Reagan Era.  Yet, along the lines of what you said,   I think Bibi dropped the ball.  He could have easily told Donald Trump that a so called two state solution is no longer viable from his perspective and that there's no realistic path to peace.  Instead,  Bibi kept the allusion alive that a ' peace agreement' was possible.   

Like I mentioned in another thread,  I think Donald Trump's ego is a major concern.  Trump doesn't take well to failure and that could have consequences if Israel doesn't compromise enough.   Not to mention the consequences if Israel compromises.   The good news though is I don't think that Trump cares one bit about the ' social justice' component of the equation that the Left is fanatical about. 
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/