Poll

Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?

Yes.
13 (46.4%)
No.
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?  (Read 9773 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 04:02:53 PM »
It doesn't metter, it is helping to do an avera acorrding to Tzvi, therefor it should be removed .

And I don't think it should be removed as the forum shouldn't be closed at Shabbat .
Anyway at the next Shabbat, no Jew will be here, because it's Yom Kippur, that's big deal .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

ftf

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 04:07:49 PM »
From my understanding of the Jewish Sabbath, the idea is that it is a day of rest, surely having to do extra work so as to force others to rest defeats the entire point, if someone is a true Jew, surely they will want to keep the Sabbath properly without having to have someone checking up on them by disabling the forum etc.

I say this as an outsider looking in on the Jewish faith, I understand that I don't know much about it, but this appears to be the simple facts of the situation to me.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 04:14:12 PM »
no Jew will be here, because it's Yom Kippur, that's big deal .

Shabb-h is just as important as Yom Kippur (actually not 100% sure which is more or less, but these are 2 giants- its hard to see when your in the bottom which building is higher (i mean in an analogy)- the difference is that Shabb-h is much more frequent then Yom Kippur so psychologically one might think that it is less important.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 04:16:36 PM »

Shabb-h is just as important as Yom Kippur (actually not 100% sure which is more or less, but these are 2 giants- its hard to see when your in the bottom which building is higher (i mean in an analogy)- the difference is that Shabb-h is much more frequent then Yom Kippur so psychologically one might think that it is less important.
OK.
BTW, why you don't write Shabbat but Shabba-t ?
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 04:35:35 PM »

OK.
BTW, why you don't write Shabbat but Shabba-t ?

I write this before-

on the topic of Shabbat someone ( Yakov) asked my about Shabbat and why I write a dash, I also remember saying that Shabbah is a Holy name, I forgot where I have learned it, but now I have came across it.- http://www.israel613.com/

SHABBAT IS THE NAME OF THE HOLY ONE BLESSED BE HE
23) "Shabbat is the Name of the Holy One, Blessed be He, as is explained in the holy Zohar, Shemoth 88. It is, therefore, prohibited to pronounce 'it' where we may not utter holy words of Torah, I know some very pious people who exercise caution not to mention the word Shabbat unnecessarily" (B'nei Yissochor, 1:1). 26) "It is stated in the book Ruach Chaim (by Rabbi Chaim Palaggi o.b.m.) ch. 84, that, according to Chesed L'Avraham, who maintains that, according to the Zohar, Shabbat may not be mentioned in an unclean place, one should rather say, "Shabbah" instead of "Shabbat". Without a vow, I will take care to say, "Shabbah" instead of "Shabbat" (Sedey Chemed). 

Its allowed but I personally do it differently here so I wont come to do it in other places.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

newman

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 04:42:22 PM »
Give us poor goyim a break. We need our JTF 7 days. :D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 05:10:50 PM »
Its a great test for Jews, in trying to have self-control but if JTF lures fellow Jews to violate Shabbat then it is good for the forum to be closed. Though the timing would mean that any Jew in Israel or elsewhere in America may still be able to access the site during shabbat or not be able to after it.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »
Its a great test for Jews, in trying to have self-control but if JTF lures fellow Jews to violate Shabbat then it is good for the forum to be closed. Though the timing would mean that any Jew in Israel or elsewhere in America may still be able to access the site during shabbat or not be able to after it.

the majority are from America- east coast, so closing some time before Shabb-t starts will cover allmost everyone except a few exceptions (I can only think of dexter- I think he will show respect and not post when it is Shabb-t in Israel and we specifically and selectivly tell him not to.)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 05:18:08 PM »

the majority are from America- east coast, so closing some time before Shabbat starts will cover allmost everyone except a few exceptions (I can only think of dexter- I think he will show respect and not post when it is Shabbat in Israel and we specifically and selectivly tell him not to.)

Ok, thats fine.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 05:22:17 PM »

the majority are from America- east coast, so closing some time before Shabbat starts will cover allmost everyone except a few exceptions (I can only think of dexter- I think he will show respect and not post when it is Shabbat in Israel and we specifically and selectivly tell him not to.)
OK, from now on I wil not post here when the Shabbat in Israel is starting until it overs .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 05:25:26 PM »

OK, from now on I wil not post here when the Shabbat in Israel is starting until it overs .

Great start.  :) . By the way did you see the video "divine Information" from Divineinformation.com ? - remember I linked it before and you said you will see it?- if you did what do you think? - also I dont know hebrew but can you please link the video on the Hebrew forum?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:29:40 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 05:26:47 PM »

Great start.  :) . By the way did you see the video "divine Information" from Divineinformation.com ? - remember I linke dit before and you said you will see it?- if you did what do you think? - also I dont know hebrew but can you please link the video on the Hebrew forum?
Yes I saw 2 parts, I will see the rest soon .
i'm posting it right now .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 05:30:03 PM »
Tzvi Ben Roshel -
If so, we also should close the site in Gentile's holidays, don't we ?

no, they dont have a prohibition like the Jews do.
OK, just answere my first post in this topic :
Everyone has the right to do what he wants to do, and if you'll lock the forum it dosn't mean that some people will stop violeting the Shabbat .

YOu know what, Dexter?  A Jew can own a car on Shabbat, but what prohibits him from driving anyway even though there is no public transportation allowed (in Israel)?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 05:32:21 PM »
Tzvi Ben Roshel -

Everyone has the right to do what he wants to do, and if you'll lock the forum it dosn't mean that some people will stop violeting the Shabbat .

YOu know what, Dexter?  A Jew can own a car on Shabbat, but what prohibits him from driving anyway even though there is no public transportation allowed (in Israel)?
If he want to not violet the Shabbat, the power of will is unlimited .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 05:34:36 PM »
the truth is- the more (reasonable) barriers the better + the message is urgently needed. Im really glad about the discussions for the last several days about this (except the part where some1 started acting childish), I hope it will be the catalyst for opening some people's minds and souls and wake them up to the truth. Also strenthen those who are allready observent and bring each Jew to a higher level then they are at currently.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 05:36:30 PM »

Great start.  :) . By the way did you see the video "divine Information" from Divineinformation.com ? - remember I linked it before and you said you will see it?- if you did what do you think? - also I dont know hebrew but can you please link the video on the Hebrew forum?
I'v posted it :
http://jtf.org/forum_hebrew/index.php?topic=8696.msg62289#new

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2007, 05:37:53 PM »
Tzvi Ben Roshel -

If he want to not violet the Shabbat, the power of will is unlimited .

so bet it...i think the right thing to do is ask Chaim if it is ok to close the forum on shabbat and give the reasons why you think it should...

Certainly, I will support what Chaim says and I'm leaning on trying not to post on this forum on Shabbat more out of respect of this movement...but at least that's a start...

then again, i don't belong to any other forum..so no biggie to me.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »
the truth is- the more (reasonable) barriers the better + the message is urgently needed. Im really glad about the discussions for the last several days about this (except the part where some1 started acting childish), I hope it will be the catalyst for opening some people's minds and souls and wake them up to the truth. Also strenthen those who are allready observent and bring each Jew to a higher level then they are at currently.

nice

OZ77

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 01:52:45 AM »
Why do we lock the hebrew forum on shabbat and yamim tovim?

the answer is because the vast majority of our users are israeli jews,
and because they love the forum so much they would visit it and write on it on shabbat,
by keeping the forum open we encouraged those jews to break the keeping of shabbat.

BUT, on the English forum, it's a whole different ball game,
here, the GENTILES are the vast majority and so by locking
the forum on good days and shabbat, we basically deny entry to most of our members
who are not obligated to keep the shabbat like we do.

on the other hand, this IS a jewish based site, so...
I think we'll leave this decision to chaim - maybe jimmy can ask him for his take,
and give us his answer here on the forum...

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 02:09:54 AM »
OZ is correct, it should be open so all the Gentiles can post. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

newman

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2007, 02:15:45 AM »
Why is it even in question?

If Jews choose to keep shabbat it's their obligation not to violate it by posting. It shouldn't be up to somebody else to shut down the forum.

Like the obligation is to not turn lights on. The power company shouldn't have to turn the electricity off.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:31:28 AM by newman »

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2007, 02:26:06 AM »
Isn't the definition of "working" up to interpretation...posting isn't necessarily working.

newman

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2007, 02:33:08 AM »
Isn't the definition of "working" up to interpretation...posting isn't necessarily working.

It's still kindling a fire under Talmudic law because typing on a computer keyboard results in electrical impulses etc.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2007, 03:45:22 AM »

It's still kindling a fire under Talmudic law because typing on a computer keyboard results in electrical impulses etc.

It's still the problem that mayority of posters here are not Jews mainly chrisatians; Who are not obliged by Torah to keep Sabaths so rigorusly so the forum shoud be closed on sunday fo. ex. too?; Do ypu propose to  turn off the light off on Shabat in entire NYC? There shoud be a Big warning that sabath started to All Jews and that's grave sin to break it; but they shoud keep the micwa  without external pressure or coersion. But in the end the Chaim will decide; I'm member of other fora and can use the break. ;)
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2007, 03:54:48 AM »
No. JTF is mostly made up of righteous gentiles. So, it wouldn't be fair to single them out.