Poll

Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?

Yes.
13 (46.4%)
No.
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?  (Read 9774 times)

admin

Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
What do people think?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:57:15 AM »
perhaps locked for Jews

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 12:39:54 PM »
I voted yes too...if you're going to lock it for Jews..well, how do you know who is a Jew here?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 01:03:33 PM »
Wouldn't it be more effective shutting down the server and all voltage going to the server?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 01:11:11 PM »
I voted no.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 01:14:21 PM »
I voted no.
Me either .
Everyone has the right to do what he wants to do, and if you'll lock the forum it dosn't mean that some people will stop violeting the Shabbat .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 01:26:55 PM »
I voted yes too...if you're going to lock it for Jews..well, how do you know who is a Jew here?

let me just add, what about jews from different time zones?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »
Yes.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »

let me just add, what about jews from different time zones?

It would be based on New York time just like the Hebrew forum is locked on Shabbat by Israel time.

my advice to you is this: talk to Chaim and ask him what is best..whatever is decided, I will personally accept..I only say close this forum on Shabbat because most Jews here are observant and I do not want to disrespect them...and secondly this movemetn is a religious zionist movement..therefore I do not want to non Jews to have the wrong impression of us.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »
I voted Yes.

Dont know if you read this yet-

Whats the big deal if people dont go on once a week? okay, gentiles wont be on 1 time a week, whats the big deal? If you say it will be bad for the movement- then they can do other things- ex- the youtube campaign.
Even if their is an argument that it will hurt the movement (which it wont) Chaim said that if their is a conflict between the interests of the Jewish people and of the JTF movement the interests of the Jewish people takes and will take precedence.
- also look at the opportunity the movement can have by closing the forum on Shabbah - it will be a Kiddush Hashe-m letting Jews know the importance of Shabbat and that we dont dare to play around with this issue - then maybe with this and other things some Jews who are on the border can think to themselves and come to be completly Shomer Shabbah. -and if this is thanx to JTf or anyone here or anyone anywhere - you cant image the great reward in Olam Haba that awaits that person (if you want proof please state so- I will bring you the source).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
Tzvi Ben Roshel -
If so, we also should close the site in Gentile's holidays, don't we ?
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »
Tzvi Ben Roshel -

no, they dont have a prohibition like the Jews do.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 03:15:11 PM »
Tzvi Ben Roshel -

OK, just answere my first post in this topic :
Everyone has the right to do what he wants to do, and if you'll lock the forum it dosn't mean that some people will stop violeting the Shabbat .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »
Yakov did you change when I write Shabb and then a dash t , to the word for the 7th day?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 03:18:25 PM »
Tzvi Ben Roshel -

OK, just answere my first post in this topic :

yes but for one they wont be violating threw you. also the message is made. And one cant assist a person to do an avera. for example you cant give $ to a drug addict when then he will use that $ to buy drugs.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »
I don't think it's the same case here, you have the option to be here, and you have the option to be in other forum at Shabbat, it's your choise, no one is helping you to choose it .
God gave us free will and we should use this gift, even if it's the wrong thing to do .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »
I don't think it's the same case here, you have the option to be here, and you have the option to be in other forum at Shabbat, it's your choise, no one is helping you to choose it .
G-d gave us free will and we should use this gift, even if it's the wrong thing to do .

its exactly the same, the drug abuser also has a chance of getting the $ from someone else. And im sorry to say but if someone does a sin and one didnt protest or even worse one is giving them the tool to do it (for example you keep Shabbah your brother doest- its your computer and you let him use it on Shabbat you are also guilty- at the very least tell him he cant use it but also unplug the wires and hide some parts (if the item is yours). 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:28:39 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 03:28:39 PM »
the drug abuser is a drugs addicted, therefor the drug abuser will prbobly take the money with no questions and no free will, it's diffrent when it's about the forum .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »
the drug abuser is a drugs addicted, therefor the drug abuser will prbobly take the money with no questions and no free will, it's diffrent when it's about the forum .

sin is also an addiction. some averot to one extent others to another. -We have to purify ourselves as much as possible and try to rectify as much as possible. As with drugs the more you sin the more you are addicted to it. (also some are pulled to certain sins becuase of their previous life- and thats what they have to work hard to rectify).

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 03:36:41 PM »

sin is also an addiction. some averot to one extent others to another. -We have to purify ourselves as much as possible and try to rectify as much as possible. As with drugs the more you sin the more you are addicted to it. (also some are pulled to certain sins becuase of their previous life- and thats what they have to work hard to rectify).
I don't think people actually enjoy to do "averot", buying shoes in shabbat is no fun at all, therefor I will never be addicted buyer (?), cooking an egg at Shabbat is not fun either, than why would I become addicted to this avera ?
you can be addicted to camputers, but if you aren't on this forum than you'll be on other forum, maybe you'll watch chaim's videos at Shabbat, that is an avera, did Chaim helped us to do it ? of course not, it's the same case in JTF's forum .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »

I don't think people actually enjoy to do "averot", buying shoes in shabbat is no fun at all, therefor I will never be addicted buyer (?), cooking an egg at Shabbat is not fun either, than why would I become addicted to this avera ?
you can be addicted to camputers, but if you aren't on this forum than you'll be on other forum, maybe you'll watch chaim's videos at Shabbat, that is an avera, did Chaim helped us to do it ? of course not, it's the same case in JTF's forum .

He cant control you not watching the video's (maybe he can by telling people not to), but closing the forum is a controllable option.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 03:49:07 PM »

He cant control you not watching the video's (maybe he can by telling people not to), but closing the forum is a controllable option.
He can remove tham befor shabbat and than re-upload tham at sundey .
But that's a lot of work, than if you closing the forum at Shabbat than go until the end, you can't do a half and think you are clean, that's how it's works, no ?

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 03:50:09 PM »

But that's a lot of work, than if you closing the forum at Shabbat than go untile the end, you can't do a half and think you are clean, that's how it's works, no ?

something is better then nothing. You should become a lawyer.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »

But that's a lot of work, than if you closing the forum at Shabbat than go untile the end, you can't do a half and think you are clean, that's how it's works, no ?

something is better then nothing.
Not in my opinion, I love the quote that Lulab have in his sign, and that's a good time to use it : "A half truth is a whole lie", which is the same in this case in my opinion .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

ftf

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »

But that's a lot of work, than if you closing the forum at Shabbat than go until the end, you can't do a half and think you are clean, that's how it's works, no ?
If you do that you'd lose the comments, the ratings, and the favouroitings of all the videos at the end of each week, somuch for everyone's work on the youtube campaign.