Poll

Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?

Yes.
13 (46.4%)
No.
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?  (Read 9772 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Should JTF's Forum be locked on Shabbat and Yomim Tovim?
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 07:07:15 AM »
Why is it even in question?

If Jews choose to keep shabbat it's their obligation not to violate it by posting. It shouldn't be up to somebody else to shut down the forum.

Like the obligation is to not turn lights on. The power company shouldn't have to turn the electricity off.

so rabbinical of you, newman  :laugh:
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

newman

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2007, 07:51:51 AM »
Why is it even in question?

If Jews choose to keep shabbat it's their obligation not to violate it by posting. It shouldn't be up to somebody else to shut down the forum.

Like the obligation is to not turn lights on. The power company shouldn't have to turn the electricity off.

so rabbinical of you, newman  :laugh:

I'll argue that black is white. I'd be good at that Talmudic hairsplitting thing. ;)

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2007, 10:27:38 AM »
The Sabbath is to be a day of rest, I know. Is an observant Jew allowed to hang out with friends and maybe have a game of hockey, soccer, ect?
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2007, 01:18:13 PM »
The Sabbath is to be a day of rest, I know. Is an observant Jew allowed to hang out with friends and maybe have a game of hockey, soccer, ect?

I think it's ok.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »

Its not in the spirit of Shabb-t. If you are observent allready for some time then you shoudnt do it. (also theirs an issue of sweating), but if you are just starting then you should ask your personal Rav and he will tell you whats right according to your level.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2007, 09:27:08 PM »

I think it's ok.
It depends on your rabbi.