Author Topic: Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s  (Read 22832 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2020, 12:08:59 PM »
0.0 % mortality rate! Everybody, run!

That's not what it says, and that rate will G-d forbid climb as people either recover or G-d forbid otherwise.

See that chart where there's a huge spike? You don't do anything for the first 15 days, that thing grows like Italy's. You do, it stays at that lower part.

My God?!

Well while technically you can say the only G-d, we call him the G-d of Israel so it's not like he's saying there's another one or something with that.

Strange. I gave you a compliment, and you respond by telling me to work on my ego. I don't think I am egotistical because I use humor to satirize what I see as foolishness. Chaim does it. Surely JTFers can do it, too. By the way, if I were egotistical, I wouldn't sacrifice everything in my life to worship your God.

I don't think that's why he's calling you egotistical bud. I said the same thing as you, sort of. If I wasn't egotistical, I wouldn't give up my house and money and friends and everything to go to yeshiva for 6 months and break my back sitting. Discovered with enough Torah that I was still super egotistical, and know for sure I still have pockets of it to hunt down. If you didn't have any ego, there wouldn't be a need for you to suffer here unless Hashem is just keeping you around to benefit the world, which is a point of having tzadikim around.

The danger in working on it is that you give up and just move to a "pathetic" (meaning the opposite of inflated, not as the word is used in English) ego, where you say I'm so crap G-d forbid, which is generally a harder to remove form of ego. It's kind of impossible for anyone to legitimately chastise you for ego since we all have it and it would be hypocrisy, but it's fine to tell you that it goes without saying we all need to work on our egos.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2020, 12:32:49 PM »
It's kind of impossible for anyone to legitimately chastise you for ego since we all have it and it would be hypocrisy, but it's fine to tell you that it goes without saying we all need to work on our egos.

That's all well and good, but he wasn't talking about all of us, was he? He was talking specifically about my ego. Again, strange. It must be the Croatophobia kicking in.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »
That's all well and good, but he wasn't talking about all of us, was he? He was talking specifically about my ego. Again, strange. It must be the Croatophobia kicking in.

Nah dude. Like I try to do it with beating around the bush, but you're hitting a few levels of righteousness. When that happens "the sin of the righteous is pride", and that brings you back down to lower than 0. Good news is you can get right back. A Rabbi was talking to a student who was putting everyone down for lack of piety in a yeshiva and he said, "oh, you learned all this Torah and all you can do with it is insult your fellow Jew? You didn't become a tzadik, you became a rasha. We thank Hashem about 4 times daily for making us Jews, because he could have made us in a completely idolatrous place G-d forbid and it would be extremely difficult to find our way to Hashem, as you surely can attest to.

It's really complicated to say anything when it comes to ego, because it twists into everything. Sometimes you say something completely right and beautiful to boot, but the way it comes off is like "I'm better than them", and I don't really know how to unravel the beautiful things in you from the egotistical ones and explain, so I don't really say anything.

It's like, I'd probably happy to have a beer with you, but someone who isn't really righteous, it would be more likely that you push him away than bring him to Hashem, but then again some people respond to that better, so it's really too nuanced.

Saying you have ego for us is like a social worker trying to diagnose you as a psychologist, we might notice signs but everyone needs a professional there. I call my Rabbi when I find something in me that I think is ego so he can help me work it out, that's the only course of action I know to recommend.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2020, 01:29:29 PM »
Nah dude. Like I try to do it with beating around the bush, but you're hitting a few levels of righteousness. When that happens "the sin of the righteous is pride", and that brings you back down to lower than 0. Good news is you can get right back. A Rabbi was talking to a student who was putting everyone down for lack of piety in a yeshiva and he said, "oh, you learned all this Torah and all you can do with it is insult your fellow Jew? You didn't become a tzadik, you became a rasha. We thank Hashem about 4 times daily for making us Jews, because he could have made us in a completely idolatrous place G-d forbid and it would be extremely difficult to find our way to Hashem, as you surely can attest to.

It's really complicated to say anything when it comes to ego, because it twists into everything. Sometimes you say something completely right and beautiful to boot, but the way it comes off is like "I'm better than them", and I don't really know how to unravel the beautiful things in you from the egotistical ones and explain, so I don't really say anything.

It's like, I'd probably happy to have a beer with you, but someone who isn't really righteous, it would be more likely that you push him away than bring him to Hashem, but then again some people respond to that better, so it's really too nuanced.

Saying you have ego for us is like a social worker trying to diagnose you as a psychologist, we might notice signs but everyone needs a professional there. I call my Rabbi when I find something in me that I think is ego so he can help me work it out, that's the only course of action I know to recommend.

What I do and how I do it is in accordance with what my Rabbi teaches. Only Hashem knows my exact "level." The Rebbe said that "the real difference between Jacob and Esau was Jacob’s concern to develop goodness further, versus Esau’s goal of transforming bad into good. Esau was the kind of man who struggles with evil in all its forms and—ideally—conquers it. He had this transformative quality from before birth: while still in womb he struggled to emerge when his mother passed an idolatrous temple, because he wanted to change it from bad to good." https://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/99748/jewish/Esau-the-Transformer.htm

I do see myself as a physical and/or spiritual Edomite. Perhaps that's why when I see evil I don't run away. I fight it and want to destroy it.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2020, 01:38:35 PM »
Yes, your God. The Jewish God, the God of Israel. He is not called the God of Croats, you know.

Is He not your god also? Or do you believe we have a few gods..One of the Jews and one of the Croats and one of the American and one of the Indians etc?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »
What I do and how I do it is in accordance with what my Rabbi teaches. Only Hashem knows my exact "level." The Rebbe said that "the real difference between Jacob and Esau was Jacob’s concern to develop goodness further, versus Esau’s goal of transforming bad into good. Esau was the kind of man who struggles with evil in all its forms and—ideally—conquers it. He had this transformative quality from before birth: while still in womb he struggled to emerge when his mother passed an idolatrous temple, because he wanted to change it from bad to good." https://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/99748/jewish/Esau-the-Transformer.htm

I do see myself as a physical and/or spiritual Edomite. Perhaps that's why when I see evil I don't run away. I fight it and want to destroy it.

It's not the information you're putting out or what you're doing, it's how you present and do it. For passover, Jews have to search the whole house with a candle for specks of leavening. This is compared to searching your soul with the light of Torah for ego. It's easy when you have a loaf on the table or some big obvious egotistical thing, take it get rid of it no sweat. When it's specks, you've really got to work. I see you admitting faults and opening up about things that cause you pain, and yeah, it's a big deal to sacrifice your world for Hashem, so you're not really that egostical. There are crumbs, and you need to find them with a candle, it's very tedious work. But like a Jew who leaves chametz on Pesach has no share in the world to come, The Jewish Idea teaches us that the purpose of Torah and the mitzvot is to remove our ego, and Rabbi Mizrachi brought the source in a lecture that only people that remove their bad traits (midot) will have eternal life.

Is He not your god also? Or do you believe we have a few gods..One of the Jews and one of the Croats and one of the American and one of the Indians etc?

He's clearly not saying that. Just stressing the quality that he had to lech lecha to something his countrymen wouldn't understand and probably not give him respect for.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2020, 01:46:12 PM »

He wasn't my God when I was a child. You will never understand the sacrifices I had to make in order to make your God mine.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2020, 02:03:29 PM »
It's how you present and do it.

Your argument reminds me of Litvaks who criticize Chabad for believing the Rebbe was holy. It's not that the Rebbe wasn't holy. It's how they do it.

You guys are fun and all, but I need to eat. It's not like we can do much else since you locked the whole world down.   

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2020, 02:10:43 PM »
Your argument reminds me of Litvaks who criticize Chabad for believing the Rebbe was holy. It's not that the Rebbe wasn't holy. It's how they do it.

You guys are fun and all, but I need to eat. It's not like we can do much else since you locked the whole world down.

It's more about thinking he's not dead and just practicing a bit of social distancing in his tomb before he stretches and goes all Moshiach. I don't really see the connection. It's about presenting things in a humble manner. It's not impossible to do, just takes effort and time.

15 days is almost through. As a prepper, from my childhood I always knew you must have two months of all essentials stored, and a suitcase packed with everything you need to leave the country. I watch those who run for toilet paper and those that scream at them for buying an extra roll and laugh.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2020, 02:28:57 PM »

we all need to work on our egos..including me. 
don't care which country you came from.  Your attitude on this corona thing needs to be corrected.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2020, 03:13:47 PM »
we all need to work on our egos..including me. 
don't care which country you came from.  Your attitude on this corona thing needs to be corrected.

You know Dan, I suffer severe depression. This lockdown is the last thing my mental health needs right now. I also don't need you judging my attitude and character. If you can't understand that I sincerely disagree with your position on the coronavirus, can you please just leave me alone? 

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2020, 03:21:39 PM »
The virus is called the Democratic party!  LOL

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2020, 03:39:30 PM »
The virus is called the Democratic party!  LOL

A lockdown to get rid of them would save lives and money lol.

You know Dan, I suffer severe depression. This lockdown is the last thing my mental health needs right now. I also don't need you judging my attitude and character. If you can't understand that I sincerely disagree with your position on the coronavirus, can you please just leave me alone? 

I know someone else with depression and they keep calling everyone in my family just to have someone to talk to. I've had it before, lockdown or little blade of grass, everything is depressing, like a mask over your eyes. Weed helped it. Sex with women is more effective.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2020, 03:44:54 PM »
Sex with women is more effective.

Yes. Yes it is. And I don't have that.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2020, 03:47:05 PM »
Yes. Yes it is. And I don't have that.

Kinda like the chicken and the egg though. If you want a girl because you're depressed, it comes off as needy and people who want emotional dependents can get dogs. Got a find a way to love the skin you're in and then you'll be more attractive.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2020, 03:49:28 PM »

Why do you suffer from severe depression?

I understand what you're saying in that regard.  You are in a situation where you need to work for your mental healthy.  To a lesser degree to you, I'm very antsy to be home and not making money and on my normal routine.  However when life gives you corona, you make corona juice (beer) out of it.  No matter how you may feel about this ridiculous situation, make it an opportunity to work on yourself, your shortcomings, your family if they are around, your relationship with God (the only God).

This corona situation is bigger than all of us.. fake or real..so still make the most of it.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2020, 03:49:55 PM »
More good news. Safe existing drug treatment and prevention. Looks like this thing is going to die soon. B"H. Guess we don't need a new vaccine.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/03/19/president-trump-announces-huge-news-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-showing-encouraging-early-results/
President Trump Announces HUGE News: Anti-Malaria Drug Will Be Available to Fight Wuhan Virus ‘Almost Immediately’

Posted at 12:21 pm on March 19, 2020 by Elizabeth Vaughn

President Trump Announces HUGE News: Anti-Malaria Drug Will Be Available to Fight Wuhan Virus ‘Almost Immediately’

President Donald Trump speaks in the Brady press briefing room of the White House in Washington, Monday, March, 9, 2020, about the coronavirus outbreak. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

For the past couple of days, the name of a well-known anti-viral drug used to fight malaria, hydroxychloroquine, has been popping up in the news.

In a new study, hydroxychloroquine, a drug which has been around since the end of World War II, has shown encouraging early results in both preventing and fighting off the coronavirus.

Late this morning, President Trump’s National Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted, “President @realDonaldTrump announces HUGE news!! Hydroxychloroquine, a drug used to treat malaria, has shown encouraging early results against the #coronavirus. By eliminating red tape, President Trump will be able to make this drug available almost immediately.”

At the White House coronavirus task force briefing on Thursday, President Trump announced to reporters that the drug has now been approved and will be available almost immediately.

He also mentioned two other drugs, Gilead’s Remdesivir and Regeneron’s Kevzar, that may prove to be effective against the coronavirus.

FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephan Hahn, said “we are looking at everything that’s coming across our desks as possible treatment options for coronavirus…And again we want to do that in the setting of a clinical trial. A large, pragmatic clinical trial to actually gather that information and answer the question that needs to be asked and answered.”

Hahn indicated that hydroxychlorine would at first be employed on the basis of “compassionate use.” According to the Daily Beast, this “means doctors can ask to use the experimental drug on patients and the FDA can then gather data on its safety and efficacy.”

Hydroxychlorine was also used to fight SARS.

According to the Clinical Trials Arena, Xinhua (China’s state media agency) reported that more than ten hospitals in Beijing, Guangdong province, and Hunan province are currently conducting clinical trials.

Gregory Rigano, an advisor to the Stanford University School of Medicine and co-author of a new study on the effectiveness of anti-viral drug chloroquine in fighting the coronavirus, told Fox:

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are generic drugs traditionally prescribed in tablet form…They’re on the World Health Organization’s (WHO) list of the most essential medicines and they’re generally accepted as safe. Hydroxychloroquine has an even better safety profile than chloroquine.

What we see in both the South Korean and Chinese guidelines (we don’t have clinical trials from there yet), they both say to use Chloroquine as a treatment.

What I’m here to report and I’m kind of front-running him and I have to apologize, but we are in a state of emergency. (Recording malfunctions.) [An MD and a Ph.D] will be publishing in the next few days, that in a 30 patient controlled clinical study (that means a patient arm that is taking hydroxychloroquine and a patient arm that is taking nothing, a placebo)…Within a matter of six days, the patients taking hydroxychloroquine tested negative for COVID-19. Within that same time, the patients in the control (who took the placebo) tested positive.

This is a well controlled study and what we need to proceed here is a global, well-controlled study to demonstrate its effectiveness so medical doctors are comfortable prescribing this drug worldwide.

…we have strong reason to believe that a preventative dose of hydroxychloroquine is going to prevent the virus from attaching to the body and just get rid of it completely.

This news is encouraging, to say the least.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2020, 03:53:11 PM »
He wasn't my God when I was a child. You will never understand the sacrifices I had to make in order to make your God mine.

You made a tremendous sacrifice to convert to a completely different religion or ideology than what you grew up with. There is no doubt you huge reward will wait for you in the next world. 

I apologize if I offended you in previous posts.  Just one thing I want to say...don't chase after honor. Let honor chase after you.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »
You made a tremendous sacrifice to convert to a completely different religion or ideology than what you grew up with. There is no doubt you huge reward will wait for you in the next world. 

I apologize if I offended you in previous posts.  Just one thing I want to say...don't chase after honor. Let honor chase after you.

Who is honored? He who honors others.

That's pirkei avos, right?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2020, 04:11:59 PM »

Just to put things in perspective, I've been in social isolation in the mountains for about 8 months where I hear no sound ever because no one is here and haven't talked to anyone for more than a cumulative total of about 6 hours in this period of time. I have a tendency towards depression, so if I stop fighting for one second I'm done. I learned that people that complain can handle three times more, because they still have energy to complain with. I am in constant pain and can't sit down or stand long enough to do amidah. Logically, the numbers indicate my life is over, but I can't say depressed things like I used to, could be the end of me G-d forbid, I have to make one new hope after the other and have ten different dreams stored so if one gets crushed I can hope for the others. There are ways to ward off and prevent depression reinfection.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »
Why do you suffer from severe depression?

I understand what you're saying in that regard.  You are in a situation where you need to work for your mental healthy.  To a lesser degree to you, I'm very antsy to be home and not making money and on my normal routine.  However when life gives you corona, you make corona juice (beer) out of it.  No matter how you may feel about this ridiculous situation, make it an opportunity to work on yourself, your shortcomings, your family if they are around, your relationship with God (the only God).

This corona situation is bigger than all of us.. fake or real..so still make the most of it.

The reasons are too personal to share online. I'm not well, and I haven't been for a long time. But I'm doing my best with Hashem's help. There are Rabbis who say that every second you follow the commandments is priceless to Hashem. Don't worry about it and thanks for the advice.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2020, 04:44:04 PM »
The reasons are too personal to share online. I'm not well, and I haven't been for a long time. But I'm doing my best with Hashem's help. There are Rabbis who say that every second you follow the commandments is priceless to Hashem. Don't worry about it and thanks for the advice.

So say I hire you as a delivery driver. You come back the first day, all the packages are out, but you get 5 parking tickets and I lose money. I'm mad, I say OK you did your job, but be smart tomorrow. Next day you make sure not to move the car one inch, you sit right there and come back and the end of the day and say, "I got no tickets!" B"H I say, and the packages? You say you didn't deliver any, and so I fire you.

The point is that it's more important to worry about making more mitvot than worry you'll make a sin. Make every effort to follow Hashem's "traffic law", but your priority is to do good. Go out, prepare a great warm meal, package it, and leave it at the door of a young guy who has trouble making ends meet, ring the bell and run away. You'll feel great about that for a while, keep doing kind things for people and make sure they don't know, you can't possibly stay depressed unless there's a chemical imbalance there.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2020, 04:45:48 PM »
Kinda like the chicken and the egg though. If you want a girl because you're depressed, it comes off as needy and people who want emotional dependents can get dogs. Got a find a way to love the skin you're in and then you'll be more attractive.

Yes, you need a wife to cure depression, but you can't find her because you're depressed. Again, I would laugh if I were not dead inside.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2020, 04:49:53 PM »
Just to put things in perspective, I've been in social isolation in the mountains for about 8 months where I hear no sound ever because no one is here and haven't talked to anyone for more than a cumulative total of about 6 hours in this period of time. I have a tendency towards depression, so if I stop fighting for one second I'm done. I learned that people that complain can handle three times more, because they still have energy to complain with. I am in constant pain and can't sit down or stand long enough to do amidah. Logically, the numbers indicate my life is over, but I can't say depressed things like I used to, could be the end of me G-d forbid, I have to make one new hope after the other and have ten different dreams stored so if one gets crushed I can hope for the others. There are ways to ward off and prevent depression reinfection.

The worst feeling is knowing that you can't escape your thoughts no matter where you go.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »
Yes, you need a wife to cure depression, but you can't find her because you're depressed. Again, I would laugh if I were not dead inside.

You don't. You can control everything in your mind. It's very difficult to do that with any ego in you, because it's like telling your ego that those emotions weren't really real and didn't really matter, and it can't tolerate shrinking. That of course is the egotistical response, everything matters but the reality is you have vastly more control over your mind than most can imagine. You can simply chose different thoughts. That's like telling a fat guy "eat less", you have to develop tricks and tactics.

At least look at how self-assured happy people communicate and copy that in the most authentic way that is still true to your character, and fake it till you make it.