Author Topic: The Lord has destroyed  (Read 1499 times)

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
The Lord has destroyed
« on: March 26, 2020, 02:27:43 AM »
My home is in ruins. I don't know what to do, but I do know this is a punishment for my sins.

Thank you for your prayers and kind wishes.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
Re: The Lord has destroyed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 03:23:28 AM »
I pray for you brother.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 04:57:21 AM »
My home is in ruins. I don't know what to do, but I do know this is a punishment for my sins.

Not necessarily. For instance, a man begged King Solomon to teach him the language of the animals. King Solomon refused many times, saying it would only hurt him. He eventually gave in under his pleas and taught it. The man heard the chickens talking on the way home, and said that tonight, men would rob his house. He called all his neighbors and sat in the house armed to the teeth and sure enough, a robber came. He thought "this King Solomon doesn't know what he's saying, look at what it saved me from". Next day he hangs around the chickens until he hears them say, "today, his son will be greatly injured on the way to yeshiva". "Son", said the man, "today we sit at home, cream cakes all day". Sure enough, his son was fine, and he laughed at what King Solomon had warned him of, look at the benefit. Next day walking by, the chickens said, "today, his son will die". The man rushed to King Solomon and asked why this was happening to him. King Solomon explained that Hashem had sent a robber because it would cause him great grief to lose his possessions, and he would take solace in his family and bring them together in peace. Since this was stopped, Hashem sent an injury to his son so he would be forced to care for him and bring his family together like that. Since this was stopped, the only way to save his family was to kill the son, and bring them together in grief.

So that's saying sometimes Hashem sends you a tragedy to cause some benefit to you. I was not there when the world was created, but maybe He wants you to ask for help from your neighbors or others and that will bring a friendship that will benefit your life, or even just the act will take away ego, which Rav Kahane teaches is the purpose of all the mitzvot and your life. There are many possibilities there. Yosef ha tzadik was put in slavery in Egypt, and he had a sin of showing off to his brothers to make it kind of fair, (and yeah it's that bad to cause jealousy), but he did it to make him second in command of Egypt so he could save his family for starvation.

If it is, Rav Kahane taught in the Jewish idea that if a slave goes free for a broken tooth, how much more suffering, which affects the entire body, sets you free of your sins. However, one who accepts suffering in love with a broken heart to Hashem, his suffering counts, and one who engages in rebellious hatred G-d forbid of Hashem at it, his suffering does not remove his sins.

One way or another, your house burning down was planned out before the world was created. Happened to my friend's family, and lead to him moving out with his wife, living with your mother when you are married obviously is major drama for anyone. I can't possibly know why it happened, maybe it wasn't even you, an earthquake takes a major angel of destruction to enact, and when the angel of death has a contract to kill in an area, he does not differentiate between the wicked and the righteous. Maybe there are sinful neighbors G-d forbid and you should not be living near them.

Of course, you aren't supposed to know why bad things happen to you. If someone did, they would correct the little thing that is less than perfect, and then Hashem would G-d forbid have to send more suffering to that person to force him to correct something else. It is far more efficient to not know and correct every single sin you have and then not need more suffering.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 05:02:31 AM »
I am sorry for your troubles. Do you keep living in the damaged house or can you get an alternative housing?

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 05:50:08 AM »
To Noachide: thank you for your friendship and help.

To Israel Chai: I have sinful neighbors, but everywhere I go there are sinful neighbors. I don't have access to my Torah library, but the ruling is that in this situation moving doesn't help.

To Zelhar: the official government evaluation is that my home is unusable due to severe damages. I can literally see the sky because some of the walls collapsed. I have a temporary alternative housing, but I doubt I will get a new apartment. Zagreb is still shaking with numerous smaller earthquakes. When they stop, I will have to return.

My access to the Internet is limited. Please pray for Barbara bas Tomislav and Robert ben Rade.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 11:14:00 AM »
I pray things improve for you.  This too, shall pass. 

If the leak is small pick up a bucket of roof pitch and patch up the hole.

If you have a larger roof leak: See if you can temporarily put a quality roof tarp on the part of the roof that is leaking and tape it down with water proof roof tape for a temporary fix.  Should last about a year.  Wait for the first warm day,  about 50 degrees F.  when the roof is dry and sweep the dirt off the roof till the surface is clean. Tape will set effectively at this temp and on a clean and dry roof.   I've done this before many times to stop a roof leak before a permanent roof repair can be made. 

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 01:09:46 PM »
Wish you the best friend. I will pray for you.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 05:51:22 PM »
To Noachide: thank you for your friendship and help.

To Israel Chai: I have sinful neighbors, but everywhere I go there are sinful neighbors. I don't have access to my Torah library, but the ruling is that in this situation moving doesn't help.

To Zelhar: the official government evaluation is that my home is unusable due to severe damages. I can literally see the sky because some of the walls collapsed. I have a temporary alternative housing, but I doubt I will get a new apartment. Zagreb is still shaking with numerous smaller earthquakes. When they stop, I will have to return.

My access to the Internet is limited. Please pray for Barbara bas Tomislav and Robert ben Rade.

Who told you it doesn't help? I asked Hashem to bless those people, but am I asking for protection or financial blessing? Being specific matters.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 07:25:47 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  Hope you get back on your feet.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 08:08:02 PM »

Yikes! You're in my prayers brother!

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 08:32:17 PM »
I hope you get a quick recovery and that God will judge you favorably. Stay strong.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein