Poll

Should we do this?

Yes.
9 (60%)
No.
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should JTF make a new American calendar for national holidays?  (Read 3501 times)

admin

Should we do this to prepare the way for The Righteous Gentiles to take power and implement the calendar?

kellymaureen

Re: Should JTF make a new American calendar for national holidays?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:58:15 PM »
That depends, will you be removing Christmas?  I dont celebrate it in a religious manner, but its always been more of a family holiday for us....and I wouldnt plan on changing that ;)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 08:01:56 PM »
I think that it sounds like a GREAT IDEA!
As long as BOTH Jewish and Christians are respected along the way.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 08:11:12 PM »

There would be no need to have any Jewish holidays at all since there would be no Jews here.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 08:16:56 PM »

There would be no need to have any Jewish holidays at all since there would be no Jews here.

You are Right! I misread the Heading... Thanks Daniel!

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 08:30:09 PM »
Do you believe in Jesus
I believe he existed

I look at the holiday as the one time a year my whole family (my dad has 13 brothers and sisters, plus all their families, my mom has 6 brothers, plus their families) all comes together from where we are all scattered and has a great dinner, nice decorations, presents and a wonderful time.  I am not a pagan, nor is anyone in my family, and thankfully we are free to celebrate as we see fit.  Its a very enjoyable time of the year, and I wouldnt change a thing about the way we do it, I realize that some people celebrate it as a religious holiday, and thats their prerogative as well.
Some of my fondest memories as a child were from that time of year.

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:38:11 PM »
My beliefs are the main reason I chose not to go to church (Anglican) any more after the age of 16, which my parents respected.  Like I said , I believe in God but do not practice any formal religion at this time.

kellymaureen

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 08:47:02 PM »
Yes except I havnet set up any government
and oh gross who would eat a live animal :o
I eat beef and chicken..COOKED...and I wont even eat meat with bones ewwww.

kellymaureen

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »
We do, but Christmas is an enjoyable time for us.

kellymaureen

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 08:54:28 PM »
I do like chicken and beef...but quite honestly if I had to think too hard about where it came from Id be a vegetarian.  I cant really stand the sight of raw meat.

kellymaureen

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »
Ive never actually eaten fish or seafood, I dont like the way it looks or smells so I dont eat it.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 11:33:22 PM »
I think first we need to worry about things like immigration, etc. 

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »
I do like chicken and beef...but quite honestly if I had to think too hard about where it came from Id be a vegetarian.  I cant really stand the sight of raw meat.

Do you eat pork? Gentiles are allowed to eat it but it's very unhealthy.

Yacov, even if Gentiles are allowed to eat it. Should they not be discouraged from doing so?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 12:22:19 AM »
Somebody also told me that the reason pigs cannot be Kosher is because they don't have a neck to slaughter.

kellymaureen

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
Do you eat pork?

no I dont like it.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »
Somebody also told me that the reason pigs cannot be Kosher is because they don't have a neck to slaughter.
;D
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 07:22:27 PM »
So it's just Christmas that prevents you from being a Noahide. Why not just have a family gathering for Thanksiving instead?

As long as she doesn't follow Christmas in a religious way, but instead just in a secular way, how does that violate any of the Noahide laws?  Are you saying that a Jew or Noahide cannot go to a Christian's house and eat dinner and open Christmas presents?  Anyway, none of the aspects of "celebrating Christmas" that she engages in has anything to do with Christ.  As you said, it's a pagan celebration, and is there anything wrong with inviting family over, having a tree in your house, and opening up presents if the intent is for her to do so without believing in Jesus Christ as G-d or as the messiah?  It's hardly blasphemy if she's celebrating in the privacy of her own home and not celebrating Jesus in any way.  Now if she were to go around praising Jesus or singing songs about Jesus that would be blasphemy, but is there anything blasphemous about celebrating Christmas in a purely secular way?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
 ???
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »
As long as we respected both Jewish and Christian traditions there would be no problem.

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
So it's just Christmas that prevents you from being a Noahide. Why not just have a family gathering for Thanksiving instead?

As long as she doesn't follow Christmas in a religious way, but instead just in a secular way, how does that violate any of the Noahide laws?  Are you saying that a Jew or Noahide cannot go to a Christian's house and eat dinner and open Christmas presents?  Anyway, none of the aspects of "celebrating Christmas" that she engages in has anything to do with Christ.  As you said, it's a pagan celebration, and is there anything wrong with inviting family over, having a tree in your house, and opening up presents if the intent is for her to do so without believing in Jesus Christ as G-d or as the messiah?  It's hardly blasphemy if she's celebrating in the privacy of her own home and not celebrating Jesus in any way.  Now if she were to go around praising Jesus or singing songs about Jesus that would be blasphemy, but is there anything blasphemous about celebrating Christmas in a purely secular way?

Christmas trees come from the idolatrous practice of tree worship. It is even spoken against in The Prophets.

Where? Just curious...
http://www.thejewishstore.net
The Place for all your Kahanist, Jewish, and Zionist Shopping Needs!