Poll

Should George Steinbrenner be banned?

Yes
1 (25%)
No
1 (25%)
He should be stripped from making managerial decisions
0 (0%)
Reggie Jackson, Graig Nettles, Joe Torre, and the ghost of Billy Martin should beat him up
0 (0%)
All Yankees fans should boycott the Yankees as long as Steinbrenner is owner
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should George Steinbrenner be banned?  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Should George Steinbrenner be banned?
« on: October 09, 2007, 07:05:24 PM »
I definitely identify with the last option. When I was a kid, I was a Yankees fan. But then when Steinbrenner started making all of these fascist decisions making a whole bunch of decisions that are only supposed to be made by the general manager and manager, I swore to myself that I would not be a Yankees fan as long as Steinbrenner was running things. (The final straw for me was when he traded Reggie Jackson. That was a traumatic experience for many kid Yankee fans.) In 1984, when the Mets started contending (with Dwight Gooden and Daryl Strawberry, before we knew they were a couple of druggies), I started following them and have been a Mets fan ever since.

Now it looks like Steinbrenner is back to his old ways. He's now going to fire Joe Torre for not making it to the World Series. Instead he should focus on the fact that Torre brought the Yanks to 13 straight post seasons and how he brought the team from a big deficit into the playoffs this year. But most of all, Steinbrenner should just behave like a real owner and keep his filthy paws off all management decisions and leave trading and firing decisions to the general manager. As it stands now, any general manager of the Yankees is the equivalent to the Queen of England.

As painful and frustrating as it is a lot of the time to be a Mets fan, it's a lot more pleasurable than to be a fan of a team with an ogre dictator running things.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Should George Steinbrenner be banned?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 07:25:55 PM »
The Yankees should be banned from baseball for life.  Their shortstop is a homosexal.  Everyone knows it.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 07:29:57 PM »
Jeter

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 07:36:54 PM »
He's not gay. There was a commercial where his black girlfriend was waiting for him. He's half white and half black but looks more white and he even has green eyes.

His "black" girlfriend? He was obviously acting! ;D

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 07:41:28 PM »
Does he have a white one in real life?

He did. He made the papers for it. As for Steinbrenner, he should shut his mouth. If Torre wants his job next year he'll get it. Torre in his 12 years with the team, has brought them the farthest they had been since the late 70's.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »
Yeah, and the same type of rumors went around about Piazza a few years ago. It's amazing the way you try to tie things in you don't like to blacks and homosexuals in order to rationalize your dislike for it. If you don't like vanilla ice cream, you'll probably claim it comes from some African zulu homosexual pagan origin.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
I read on the internet that Jeter used to go out with this girl named Stacy Lynn Spierer, a girl I actually spoke with on JDate! This is assuming she really was who she said she was. Too bad I haven't gotten a chance to meet her  :'(

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 08:06:18 PM »

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 01:23:17 AM »
I don't think it is Steinbrenner's fault.  There is no Salary Cap in baseball and he pays for players. Other teams are paying huge dollars on stadiums and do not know how to keep their talent. And Jeter is not gay.  If anything Jeter is an excellent example for pro sports.  The way pro sports has become between Mike Vick, Daryl Strawberry, Ron Artest etc.  It is good to have athletic competitor that isn't on the negative of society.  And trust me if Derek Jeter played for another team, fans of the other team would love to have him aboard.  Thats just silly.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!