Poll

Should Weed be legal?

Yes
10 (43.5%)
No
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Should marijuana be unbanned?  (Read 12748 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Full JTFer
Should marijuana be unbanned?
« on: October 10, 2007, 03:42:13 PM »

Whadday say (I wanted to make a poll but I couldn't figure it out)?......I say  O0 

Offline Eugene

• Junior JTFer
  • EUGENE
Re: Should marijuana be unbanned?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
maybe it should in a limited way like in Canada or Netherlands
8-) shalom

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 03:54:15 PM »
Smoking marijuana is less harmful than smoking cigarettes. I don't smoke it but it should be someones choice if they want to smoke a plant or not as long as it's not affecting others.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 11:56:16 PM »
If G-d did not ban it in the Torah.

Why should we ban it?
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:26:37 AM »
Drugs are one of the most evil things a Gentile or a Jew could take. They destroy the mind and body. It's basically a form of suicide, which Judaism considers to be a great sin. If we didn't have so many illegal Mexicans running around, drugs would be far less of a problem.

Drugs should remained banned forever.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 01:28:57 AM »
Cohen, I completely disagree with you. Marijuana is a lot worse than tobacco--it's just harder to gauge because people smoke less of it than tobacco and most users also smoke tobacco.

There is no legitimate reason for weed in society. You cannot enjoy it "responsibly" like you can a glass of wine. There is no way to enjoy weed without getting high.

I would be for banning the sale of tobacco. I am not sure about people growing it themselves for their own use. I detest it but it doesn't make people lose their senses like weed does.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 01:35:30 AM »
I don't think marijuana use is good, and generally it is destructive to most people who use it, although the use in banning it has disappeared long ago.  It is so easy to acquire marijuana in the U.S., banning it has no more use anymore.  The people have spoken, and they want to use marijuana.  Is it any more harmful than alcohol anyway?  If we can't stop it by keeping it illegal, why don't we legalize it, keep the growth, production and profiting from it away from gangs, Mexicans, and put it in the hands of the American government?  It could provide a good tax revenue, and it would cut down on gang profits and resulting illegal activities of the people who are currently profiting from the sale of marijuana and who are using those funds for other illegal activities.  If marijuana were illegal, I think that it would cut down on the "cool factor" of it, leading less people to become hopelessly addicted to it, and therefore cutting down on the gateway effect to more harmful drugs.  Also, if it were made legal, people who used marijuana wouldn't be exposed to the criminals who are pushing other more harmful drugs, and it would be harder for them to get involved with more hardcore drugs.  Making marijuana illegal forces people to become involved with criminals who are likely to push or lead them into using more harmful and destructive drugs.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Kiwi

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 01:44:38 AM »
NO way, drug addicts are a waste of space. A 5 cent bullet is all they need.  8;)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 01:52:41 AM »
NO way, drug addicts are a waste of space. A 5 cent bullet is all they need.  8;)

What's your point?  There are millions of marijuana users out there today who use marijuana despite the fact that it's illegal.  How many people would say "oh, now that marijuana is legal, I'll use it."  The sanctions that are imposed for the use of marijuana are so weak anyway that they don't deter anyone from using it. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 02:02:38 AM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 02:48:47 AM »

What's your point?  There are millions of marijuana users out there today who use marijuana despite the fact that it's illegal.  How many people would say "oh, now that marijuana is legal, I'll use it."  The sanctions that are imposed for the use of marijuana are so weak anyway that they don't deter anyone from using it. 

My point is clear, drug addicts should be shot. Marijuana is an illegal drug. It can't get any clearer than that.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 02:58:36 AM »

My point is clear, drug addicts should be shot. Marijuana is an illegal drug. It can't get any clearer than that.

Should alcoholics be shot?  Why should marijuana be illegal while alcohol is legal?  The point is what SHOULD be, not what IS.

Offline Ralph1

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 03:30:34 AM »
Drug addicts shouldn't be executed only drug dealers should be executed. Marijuana is worse than tobacco and this is scientifically proven. Did you guys ever think that the Muslim animals of all people are benefiting from the Wests addiction to drugs? The fact that there are people on this forum that think it should be legalized bothers me and in general I've noticed that most people disagree with Chaim on many things.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 06:01:16 AM »
marajuana is a lot more dangerous than alcohol because even a bit can send people on a downward spiral..

schizophrenia is one of the main problems with marajuana and is therefore quite a lethal substance unlike alchohol to the same extent...

marajuana should only be used in rare circumstances for medical purposes and not for commercial use...

Kiwi

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 06:42:33 AM »

Should alcoholics be shot?  Why should marijuana be illegal while alcohol is legal?  The point is what SHOULD be, not what IS.

Alcoholism is a medical disease, friggin drug addicts are a social disgrace and no medical basis for their beginning.

They cause crime, and sbusive behaivour, its black culture infecting the west, and needs to be stopped.

These people are virus apon this earth and need to be removed.

I take it you are a pot head yourself?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 07:32:33 AM »
marrage-i-wanna is bad...mmmkay... Drugs are bad mmkay...don't do drugs...because it's bad mmkay..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Kiwi

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 09:12:56 AM »
ROFL...........

Offline Bourne

• New JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 01:37:24 PM »
It should not be banned.  In fact, it was legal up until the 1920's or so.  My opinion is the alcohol and tobacco lobbies keep it illegal as to not lose business. 

To call it more dangerous than alcohol is a joke.  If we think of the great scourges (in terms of substances) that have been brought upon mankind, I'd have to list the top three as heroin, cocaine, and alcohol.  As far as I am concerned, MJ is "G-d's herb."

It is no different than that glass of wine after dinner, except that a thimble full of fine MJ is a lot healthier than alcohol (which is technically a poison, by the way). 

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
 :::D
Yes, let's legalize it and tax it so the government has more money to spend on their wonderful programs.  And then, when someones get stoned and causes damage or kills someone why we can sue the federal government for damages. 

Shoot, why stop there, why not legalize cocaine, crack, hashish, heroin?  Hey it all comes from natural plants.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »
  We have all those politicians who act already like they have toxic brain, why should we need drugs then? I think this world needs more mental institutions rathen then drug legalization, don`t you think?
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Groucho Marxist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 04:49:08 PM »
I don't want capitalists getting their hands on weed and let's be real, American youths already have a drinking problem.

I do want zero prison sentences for the selling or buying of weed. Just a hefty fine or community service. Keep it underground, but don't toss people in jail and pay their rent for them.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 04:55:25 PM »

Alcoholism is a medical disease, friggin drug addicts are a social disgrace and no medical basis for their beginning.

They cause crime, and sbusive behaivour, its black culture infecting the west, and needs to be stopped.

Of course I'm not a pot-head, and I'd appreciate if you would refrain from insulting and unsubstantiated defamations in the future. 

Let's compare alcohol vs. marijuana.

Alcohol is proven to be more addictive, it can KILL YOU, it can cause severe problems with family and loved ones, it can cause liver problems and other ailments, it leads to high blood pressure, you can die from an overdose (it's basically impossible to die from a marijuana overdose) it leads people to commit more crimes than marijuana does, over prolonged usage it can induce dementia and lead to severe brain damage, auditory and aural hallucinations. 

Marijuana can cause lung damage, and problems with family and loved ones, and it's addictive of course, but not to the extent that alcohol is addictive.

By the way, I drink and I don't use marijuana, I'm just looking at the issue objectively.

Kiwi

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 12:15:09 AM »

Of course I'm not a pot-head, and I'd appreciate if you would refrain from insulting and unsubstantiated defamations in the future. 

Let's compare alcohol vs. marijuana.

Alcohol is proven to be more addictive, it can KILL YOU, it can cause severe problems with family and loved ones, it can cause liver problems and other ailments, it leads to high blood pressure, you can die from an overdose (it's basically impossible to die from a marijuana overdose) it leads people to commit more crimes than marijuana does, over prolonged usage it can induce dementia and lead to severe brain damage, auditory and aural hallucinations. 

Marijuana can cause lung damage, and problems with family and loved ones, and it's addictive of course, but not to the extent that alcohol is addictive.

By the way, I drink and I don't use marijuana, I'm just looking at the issue objectively.

You are Hi jacking the away from the drug to Alcohol. The thread is about Marijuana what has anything else has to do with it?

BTW I asked a question I did not call you that merely asked if you were. SO its not unsubstantiated defamations.

You merely over acted to a question. 

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 12:28:18 AM »
I don't think that marijuana should be encouraged.
In my humble opinion, while the Torah does not prohibit marijuana per se, it is still detrimental to our health, and why would anyone want to hurt the body that Gd gave us?

According to Torah one has to take care of his/her health. -one cant either frequently over eat. But I personally dont see it being that bad for health if one does it sometimes in a while, just like eating something unhealthy like donuts or saturated fat once in a while and not frequently. I think that the reason that weed is banned is becuase its mainly the product of anyther country and not made in the usa. Weed is illegal, but cigaretts arent? - anyway i did try it a long time age (a couple of times) and its nothing special and I didnt act that much different afterwards. I know someone that I was close with growing up who does that stuff allmost daily and he drives afterwards and functions in society (works, goes out,etc.).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Bodhi

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »
  Well from everything I can tell the way they deal with this in Holland is by far and away the most sensible policy around.  I haven't seen any indication that Dutch society has suffered from their rational policy, and to say that marijuana is scientifically proven to be more harmful than alcool or tobacco is just plain ignorant..cite some sources.  Of course people shouldn't go through life so stoned they can't function, but it seems to me that in this case the "cure" (prohibition) is much, much more harmful than the "disease" (marijuana use).  Just my 2 cents

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 04:38:23 PM »
Regardless of the laws made against pot or tobacco, there's no way to ever cut off the supply of either one. The only thing we can do is help to eliminate or at least reduce the demand by educating children as much as possible about the effects and consequences of both of these.