Author Topic: Hawaii lawmakers back the creation of 'Islam Day'  (Read 1132 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Hawaii lawmakers back the creation of 'Islam Day'
« on: May 07, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »
I wish I were making this up.  I guess separation of Church and State doesnt apply to Islam.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090507/ap_on_re_us/us_islam_day

HONOLULU – Hawaii's state Senate overwhelmingly approved a bill Wednesday to celebrate "Islam Day" — over the objections of a few lawmakers who said they didn't want to honor a religion connected to Sept. 11, 2001.

The Senate's two Republicans argued that a minority of Islamic extremists have killed many innocents in terrorist attacks.

"I recall radical Islamists around the world cheering the horrors of 9/11. That is the day all civilized people of all religions should remember," said Republican Sen. Fred Hemmings to the applause of more than 100 people gathered in the Senate to oppose a separate issue — same-sex civil unions.

The resolution to proclaim Sept. 24, 2009, as Islam Day passed the Senate on a 22-3 vote. It had previously passed the House.

The bill seeks to recognize "the rich religious, scientific, cultural and artistic contributions" that Islam and the Islamic world have made. It does not call for any spending or organized celebration of Islam Day.

"We are a state of tolerance. We understand that people have different beliefs," said Sen. Will Espero, a Democrat. "We may not all agree on every single item and issue out there, but to say and highlight the negativity of the Islamic people is an insult to the majority" of believers "who are good law-abiding citizens of the world."

But Republican Sen. Sam Slom argued that the United States has become too sympathetic toward Islamic extremists.

"I don't think there's any country in the history of the world that has been more tolerant than the United States of America, and because of that tolerance, we've looked the other way a lot of times, and many thousands of our citizens have been killed by terrorists," said Slom, a Republican.

The lone Democrat voting against the bill opposed it on church-state separation fears.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Hawaii lawmakers back the creation of 'Islam Day'
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »
1984 Is Happening today

Orwell was 25 years ahead of reality. Doublespeak is real. Thoughtcrime exists.

War is Peace, INGSOC, and Big Brother are with us.

Here in CA they are talking about creating a Harvey Milk Bday memorial day, the queer fag mayor of SF who was shot. I protest having a day for such a degenerate. Now they want an Islam day! This is totally mind numbing.

Now I can have many memorial days which I can curse the object of the day. Curse Martin Luther King day, which they forced on many. Curse Harvey Milk day for his gayness. Curse Islam day for the terroristic death cult it is.

Just like 1984 there will be mass Hate days ... But I wont be hating on Goldstien, Ill be hating on MLK, Gays, and Islam.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:44:50 PM »
I read about this on another forum this morning.

And, the thing that I find interesting about this is, that this is coming from a state which is closely connected to our inept President.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 10:07:05 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmm is right ag!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Yonah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »
Islam Day in Hawaii? Finally, the island has an opportunity to celebrate the religion that most of its residents didn't even know existed before 9/11, and has no connection to its history.

I didn't think there were any Muslims in Hawaii since Barack Obama left, but I guess a bunch must have converted while doing time.
Obama must use a magic 8-ball, because if he were flipping a coin he'd be right about half of the time.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »
over the objections of a few lawmakers who said they didn't want to honor a religion connected to Sept. 11, 2001.

I never thought any lawmaker would say that.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 06:08:43 PM »
over the objections of a few lawmakers who said they didn't want to honor a religion connected to Sept. 11, 2001.

I never thought any lawmaker would say that.

Abben,
That is a surprising development.
I, also, never thought any of our lawmakers would say something like that, especially in regards to a state with close connections to our inept Commander in Chief.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »
1984 Is Happening today

Here in CA they are talking about creating a Harvey Milk Bday memorial day, the queer fag mayor of SF who was shot. I protest having a day for such a degenerate. Now they want an Islam day! This is totally mind numbing.

Now I can have many memorial days which I can curse the object of the day. Curse Martin Luther King day, which they forced on many. Curse Harvey Milk day for his gayness. Curse Islam day for the terroristic death cult it is.

Just like 1984 there will be mass Hate days ... But I wont be hating on Goldstien, Ill be hating on MLK, Gays, and Islam.

That's exactly what I thought of as I read this.  And it's not just this issue.  1984 is approaching us in many aspects of American life today.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »
1984 Is Happening today

That's exactly what I thought of as I read this.  And it's not just this issue.  1984 is approaching us in many aspects of American life today.

zachor,
You have a good point.
It does have an eerily familiar feel to it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »
1984 Is Happening today

I think that the public school system no longer allows teachers to teach 1984 as part of the curriculum. I think my Advanced Preparatory English teacher was one of the last to teach us this vital story. Now kids today have no idea what we are talking about when we say 1984.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 08:09:44 PM »
Welcome to Opposite Land. *rolls eyes*

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 04:56:05 AM »
Hawaii has a large Muslim population.  Many Pakistanis live there so this is not surprising. 

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 06:28:51 AM »
Islam day will be celebrated but as the last day of Islam.
:camel: :beast: :nuke:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »
Islam day will be celebrated but as the last day of Islam.
:camel: :beast: :nuke:

The day whem Islam finally becomes extinct.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline RON_PATEL

• Junior JTFer
  • Shalom! Long Live Israel!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 06:24:50 PM »
Shalom!

Even the most beautiful group of islands anywhere in the world are not immune from the darkness of Islam. In the name of multiculturalism we have ruined many great cities and countries around the world. Islam spreads like cancer on tolerant idyllic societies and makes them intolerant and repressive. Most Hawaiians have no clue what this ideology entails. Being remote the way they are, the islands are a world unto themselves. One day the wonderful people who call the isles home are going to wake up and come to terms with the reality that tolerating intolerance is the worst form of collective suicide.

From someone who has spent his happiest days of life on the islands
RON
Kahane said 'The reality of the situation is clear. The Jews and Arabs of the Land of Israel ultimately cannot coexist in a Jewish-Zionist state. A Time bomb in the Holy Land ticks away relentlessly'.

We must remove the cancer before it spreads and kills us!!!

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 04:04:30 AM »
@ At this rate soon the Hawaian dancer girls may find themselves dancing hoola in Burkha covered from top to bottom. Albeit the tourists may still enjoy it thinking it to be a new dance of ghosts.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.