Author Topic: Why are Israelis on the forum now? It's Shabbat!  (Read 7322 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Why are Israelis on the forum now? It's Shabbat!
« on: October 19, 2007, 04:25:07 PM »
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 08:45:27 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: Why are Israelis on the forum now? It's Shabbat!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »

Not everyone believes it's a holy day, it's everyone's right to do what they wishes to do.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 08:45:44 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 04:48:44 PM »
it's everyone's right to do what they wishes to do.

I agree !  :D
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 07:30:59 PM »
Yes, surprising as it is, there are Israeli Jews who don't follow Shabbat.   :o
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 10:19:34 PM »

Then why are you here  :::D

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 08:46:02 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 04:31:43 AM »

Not everyone believes it's a holy day, it's everyone's right to do what they wishes to do.

I agree. Hell probably isn't even that bad. Can it really be worse than watching a Hillary Clinton speech?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 08:46:35 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 06:39:46 AM »
Why isn't the forum closed then?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 06:49:08 AM »

I agree. Hell probably isn't even that bad. Can it really be worse than watching a Hillary Clinton speech?
:laugh:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 08:46:53 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 10:10:10 AM »
MAYBE SOMEONE NOT JEWISH TAKES OVER DURING SHABBOT
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »
You are posting too, Tzvi...  : :P

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 07:54:51 PM »
You are posting too, Tzvi...  : :P

I live in Queens, when I was posting it wasnt Shabb--t yet, but it was Shabb---t in Israel. I was pointing to the fact that someone earlier who lives in Israel said he will respect the forum and not post on Shabb--t. (and it wasnt only 1 person from their).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Kiwi

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 08:04:27 PM »
MAYBE SOMEONE NOT JEWISH TAKES OVER DURING SHABBOT

I think we were well behaved while the time pasted. No fighting we were having fun  ^-^

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 08:16:24 PM »
Was the forum not closed this Shabbat? I didn't have time to lock it before Shabbat and I thought Jimmy would have done it. Since I am not Shomer Shabbat, I could have locked it on Shabbat but that would defeat the purpose. I think for now on, Jimmy should log in on Friday Night to see if it's locked, and if it's not, then he should lock it.

Also what can we do about different time zones? not everyone is from NY...
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 08:19:42 PM »
Was the forum not closed this Shabbat? I didn't have time to lock it before Shabbat and I thought Jimmy would have done it. Since I am not Shomer Shabbat, I could have locked it on Shabbat but that would defeat the purpose. I think for now on, Jimmy should log in on Friday Night to see if it's locked, and if it's not, then he should lock it.

Also what can we do about different time zones? not everyone is from NY...

It was decided to close it by the NY time Zone, and the Israelis (or anyone for whom it starts earlier) to be told (and were told) to respect the Shabb--t.
 The situation is disgusting.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 08:38:46 PM »

actaully the forum was open till 2 or 3 PM..I'm not shomer shabbat..and i did go on the forum, but only posted once in reaction to something that I would consider to be an emergency...someone that i perceived as a troll..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »
I just want to say that if it was a mistake for it to be open on Shabbat, fine...

And I do appreciate the fact that when it is closed on Shabbat that it is..

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 08:49:59 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 09:36:47 PM »
I try to respect the Sabbath.We as a family do observe the sabbath even tho we don't have  to.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 09:54:03 PM »
We do because I believe we should.Im not a jewish person.I was just born one.But out of respect I do as a Christian.Where I live there are seventh day Baptists.I observe as they do! :)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 10:44:41 PM »
More or less and I wont go into it.I know where I come from and I make my own choices bro.I will live with such.But thanks for caring!
wayne jude!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 10:48:12 PM »
More or less and I wont go into it.I know where I come from and I make my own choices bro.I will live with such.But thanks for caring!
wayne jude!

You may be a Christian but that doesn't make you a non-Jew.  It just makes you a Christian Jew, or a Jew who practices Christianity. 

Ceasing to be Jewish is like ceasing to be black.  It's not possible. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 10:53:45 PM »
I know thanks bro.I do our best.My kids know.My grandma left prior to the holocaust.So in my family it is still a bit touchy subject!but we try.!My mother was afriad it will happen again and it will.Be safe.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 10:59:05 PM »
I just want to say that if it was a mistake for it to be open on Shabbat, fine...

And I do appreciate the fact that when it is closed on Shabbat that it is..

Why are we looking for culprits here. The forum has been open for many Shabbats in the past. Folks need to observe Shabbat for the right reason and that reason is not because someone else is finger pointing and telling them that they should. The fact that the forum was left open is not the end of the world. For the most part the forum was very quiet. Most folks who needed to make the observation did. Lets not use religion as a tool to make others feel bad. The forum should be a place of learning.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 10:59:23 PM »
I know thanks bro.I do our best.My kids know.My grandma left prior to the holocaust.So in my family it is still a bit touchy subject!but we try.!My mother was afriad it will happen again and it will.Be safe.

As if you will be safe, hitler killed non-jews with Jewish grandfathers. Either way im not preaching.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 11:02:14 PM »

Do you think there will be a Holocaust in the U.S.?  If not, what is there to be afraid of?  Seems really paranoid to me. 

My grandmother also left Europe before the Holocaust as did many Jews, but that didn't stop them from acknowledging their Judaism. 

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 11:09:58 PM »
Yes I do think it will come a  gain but not for just the Jew but those who love them! :(