Author Topic: Bad News About Mike Huckabee  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Bad News About Mike Huckabee
« on: December 04, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2007/12/04/ST2007120400575.html

This is what specifically caught my eye:

After the Iowa poll showed that Republican voters like him but found him much less "presidential" and "electable" than Romney, Huckabee sought to build his foreign policy credentials, meeting with a group of retired generals who are in Des Moines to urge the 2008 candidates to commit to opposing torture. After the meeting, Huckabee joined Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in declaring his opposition to the interrogation procedure known as "waterboarding," and said he would support closing the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a contrast with the other leading Republicans.
[/size]

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Bad News About Mike Huckabee
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
A little fishing around on the internet and I'm also getting concerned that he's a phony when it comes to his tax agenda.

Check this out: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/huckabees_fiscal_record.html
and: http://www.taxhikemike.org/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 01:31:41 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »
Lubab, you're right about him being a phony in terms of taxes:

http://www.taxhikemike.org/

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 01:41:36 PM »
I have blogged about Mike Huckabee being no convervative:

http://www.theurbangrindblog.com/?p=2242

http://www.theurbangrindblog.com/?p=2285

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 02:09:18 PM »
After he went around spewing that "Jesus wants us to be kind to illegal aliens", I found it hard to take anything he said seriously. LO-SER.  ::)

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 02:53:57 PM »
This could just mean he favors sales taxes over income taxes which I do think is an improvement. He may still be serious about abolishing the INCOME tax.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
How is Huckabee on terror? Is he another one of those yutzes that talk a good game and thats it?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 02:57:36 PM »
He increased the sales tax on gas to fund the highway infrastructure. He said that in one of the debates.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 03:14:05 PM »
Huckabee is electable and polls show this. Pair him up with a good conseritve like Hunter and we will have a great pair.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

ftf

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 03:23:59 PM »
Cutting taxes is not the be all and end all.

If you want a civilised society, you have to have some government run services, such as schools, and police, and army etc, these cost money, therefore there must be taxes, until you decrease what is spent on these things, you cannot have a net decrease in taxes, or you will have a government going into debt. So, unless public spending goes down, lowering one tax will just mean having to raise another one.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 06:30:25 PM »
Cutting taxes is not the be all and end all.

If you want a civilised society, you have to have some government run services, such as schools, and police, and army etc, these cost money, therefore there must be taxes, until you decrease what is spent on these things, you cannot have a net decrease in taxes, or you will have a government going into debt. So, unless public spending goes down, lowering one tax will just mean having to raise another one.

True. But most of our tax money now goes to foreign aid and government hammock programs like welfare and and medicaid. We could slash our taxes tremendously from their current rate and still cover the few legitimate expenditures of the Federal Government such as costs of roads and defense.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 06:34:49 PM »
Huckabee is electable and polls show this. Pair him up with a good conseritve like Hunter and we will have a great pair.

Agreed. Huckabee is also the best for the Israel issue, although looks like Huckabee is terrible on illegal immigration issues.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 06:58:35 PM »
Re:  "...Cutting taxes is not the be all and end all..."

True.

It is also true that there is a desired goal in the West known as "Quality of Life", and rarely does one experience it under a government with the lowest tax level.

Having more money in one's personal ownership is meaningless if one is unable to spend it on first-rate education, first-rate health care, first-rate infrastructure, defense, etc.

I was thinking today about the "accusations of raising taxes" being applied to Governor Huckabee.

Have all here spent any time in Arkansas?  It arguably qualifies for the most backwards and undeveloped State in the U.S.A., and has held that reputation for a long time.

The questions which aren't being studied, are:

-"Huckabee raised taxes 40% from what previous rate?"

-"Were these taxes essential to either maintain the current developmental level of the State, or to actually raise the living standards of all citizens?"

If taxes are raised and then spent wisely in stimulating the overall development of the State's 'Quality of Life', attracting the best medical practitioners to move into the State, attracting the highest level of scientific research and industry into the State, then a better educated citizenry earn more, the economy grows, unemployment is reduced, and a larger tax base develops as a result of a larger but more prosperous work force.

Most complaints about taxation are justified today because the taxes are levied for all the wrong reasons and misspent on insane projects and programs which benefit only a handful of those least deserving.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 07:10:29 PM »
Huckabee has Clinton sickness. He is telling people what he thinks will get him the most bang for the buck. I really don't believe 2/3's of what he says. Illegal Immigration is a hot button issue and for this man to come right out and say he favors it he must really feel that the borders should be wide open. We don't need a guy like this in the White House right now. His pro Israel stand really doesn't mean much if he is going to sell the United States down the river.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »

Agreed. Huckabee is also the best for the Israel issue, although looks like Huckabee is terrible on illegal immigration issues.

Israel is more important we have to have a strong leader that  won't pressue Israel to commit national suicide.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 09:02:16 PM »
jyfrudy, I agree with the idea of: Huckabee and Hunter Team
You can NOT get a better candidate for Next Year's Election... We Must Pick One!!!
Who ever reporting negative info regarding Huckabee is doing it to Stop his ever growing Popularity in the polls!
I Still Can Not Find a Better Candidate, and Hunter as VP!  O0

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 01:08:36 AM »
Huckabee's excuse for not knowing what the recent NIE report about Iran is

"http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Yzk1OGE2YzZkZTdkNzg0NTgyMDBjMjE1MTZmZDA3ZmE=

Hunter, Tancredo and Paul don't have a bunch of advisers.  Yet, they know what a NIE report is.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 02:01:44 AM »
Huckabee not knowing about the NIE report is no big deal.

The report just came out yesterday.

In fact, Huckabee not knowing about the report might actually be a positive.

Here we have a report, written by intelligence 'experts', which if I'm not mistaken, indicates that Iran is not pursuing nukes, and hasn't been working to develop nukes for several years now.

If I'm correct that this is what the report indicates (I'm just surmising this from a cursory examination of news headlines), then it's best Huckabee not waste his time reading such balderdash.

Ever wonder how millions can be spent to write a report like the National Intelligence Estimate on Iran, and the supposed intelligence 'experts' conclude Iran isn't pursuing nukes ?? -- even though Iran is bringing in thousands of centrifuges to enrich uranium-- and most importantly Iran's moooozie government repeatedly and openly tells us that having nuclear weapons is their right and that they will not be deterred from getting them ?!

Who are you going to believe...Ahmedinijad or the 'experts' in intelligence ?

Me ?  I believe the mooozies when they say they want nukes. I believe them when they say they want to wipe Israel off the map. I believe the mooozies when they say they want to destroy the 'great satan USA'. When I see thousands of mooozies chanting 'DEATH TO AMERICA, DEATH TO ISRAEL', I believe they mean it and I have no doubts they would love to have nukes and not hesitate to use them to achieve their objectives.

I believe the moooozies and not the National Intelligence Estimate on Iran.

Huckabee might very well be better served by not knowing about this report.

In fact, the American people would probably be better served by not spending millions of dollars on useless reports like the National Intelligence Estimate on Iran, because the experts that write these reports apparently don't know their asses from their elbows.

Unless of course, you honestly believe the mooozies aren't after nukes and wouldn't use them.

We need more common sense when dealing with moooozies and less intelligence 'experts' telling us what the mooozies are thinking and doing.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 02:21:05 AM »
After he went around spewing that "Jesus wants us to be kind to illegal aliens", I found it hard to take anything he said seriously. LO-SER.  ::)

You know what's deceptive about this? If they really "cared" about the illegal aliens and they were so determined to keep them here, then why didn't they tighten down on illegal and make it easier to do it legally and documented? Instead, their "kindness" has these people fearing being busted and keeps them slave labor. Ya... that's some kindness alright.

It doesn't make sense because it's all about the agenda of monopolistic multinational corporations to reduce our country into 3rd world labor for ego, power, and greed.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 03:05:36 AM »

You know what's deceptive about this? If they really "cared" about the illegal aliens and they were so determined to keep them here, then why didn't they tighten down on illegal and make it easier to do it legally and documented? Instead, their "kindness" has these people fearing being busted and keeps them slave labor. Ya... that's some kindness alright.

It doesn't make sense because it's all about the agenda of monopolistic multinational corporations to reduce our country into 3rd world labor for ego, power, and greed.
[/quote]

The US allows a high number of people to immigrate legally each year.  Don't make it sound like
the immigration process is difficult.  The number of legal immigrants does not need to increase. 

Some senators try to keep introducing bills like the "Dream Act" to legalize illegals. 

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 03:19:40 AM »
The US allows a high number of people to immigrate legally each year.  Don't make it sound like
the immigration process is difficult.  The number of legal immigrants does not need to increase. 

Some senators try to keep introducing bills like the "Dream Act" to legalize illegals.

RationalThought, I think you took my point wrong. I'm proving that the whole "kindness to illegal immigrants" is garbage using their own words and reasoning. It has nothing to do with my own beliefs.

I just want to be clear that if these bozos made illegal immigrants "legal", then they would be destroying this country and it's laws. The Noahide laws require that gentile nations establish courts and a system of justice. How is it justice to reward people who enter the country illegally while seriously penalizing and jeopardizing those who are supposed to be it's citizens? Justice and patriotism are just cheap catch phrases to these self-serving politicians.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 03:27:03 AM »
There are some very good comments, observations, and concerns being raised about Huckabee in this thread.

The consensus seems to be he's weak on immigration. His tax record is dubious, but on the other hand, he has stated he wants to do away with the IRS in favor of a national sales tax, which I think most of us would support. He says the right things about Israel.

There's good and bad about him.

On this forum, I think that Duncan Hunter would be the choice for President if we had our own election.

Like alot of people here, I too would love to see Hunter come from way behind and snag the nomination. That would be great, but it's unlikely to happen.

Assuming this doesn't happen, it's looking more and more like the choice is going to be between Guiliani, Romney and Huckabee. Thompson and McCain appear to be on the fringes and barely hanging in there. Tancredo isn't much of a factor. The scumbag, Ron Paul, despite all the bravado of his idiot supporters, the rigging of internet polls, the spamming of forums, venues like YouTube and every blog on the web, has garnered no real support and one can sense a backlash coming against these Ron Paul revolution retards. Thankfully, the scumbag is going nowhere fast.

But things have a way of changing quickly in politics and elections. Who would have thought Huckabee would have made the move up and rise in the polls the way he has ?

That being said, lets assume the race does boil down to Guiliani, Romney and Huckabee.

Guiliani and Romney have the funding and war chest to wave a formidable campaign. Huckabee has alot of momentum.

Personally, I like Romney the least of the three.

But I'll support anyone of them over the Hildabeast or Osama Hussein.

I was pretty firmly supporting Rudy until the last debate. Guiliani's answer to the moooozie cow-- about improving the perception of America in the moooozie world-- disappointed me and really set off some alarms.

It's funny how a single answer in a debate can make one completely re-evaluate a candidate, but Guiliani's response to the burka clad b@#tch did just that for me. It opened the door for me to seriously consider another viable candidate and Huckabee might be that guy.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 03:41:36 AM »
It's actually not that much of a surprise that Huckabee would do well in Iowa.  He finished 2nd in the Iowa Straw Poll that was held in August.  Giuliani, Thompson and McCain, each decided to skip it.  So in comparison to them, Iowa voters probably decided to give Huckabee more of a chance over those three.  What's surprising though is that he caught up to Romney.   

I wonder what Huckabee would have said in response to that questioner.  He panders too much.  In the September debate to a primarily Black audience, he stated lies to try and impress them. 
Alan Keyes participated in that debate and did a much better job. 

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 03:47:15 AM »
I wonder what Huckabee would have said in response to that questioner.  He panders too much.

Good point.

I really didn't like his answer about merit scholarships for the children of illegals. He really did seem to be pandering and I thought Romney cleaned his clock during that exchange.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 03:50:24 AM »
Re:  "...Cutting taxes is not the be all and end all..."

True.

It is also true that there is a desired goal in the West known as "Quality of Life", and rarely does one experience it under a government with the lowest tax level.

Having more money in one's personal ownership is meaningless if one is unable to spend it on first-rate education, first-rate health care, first-rate infrastructure, defense, etc.

I was thinking today about the "accusations of raising taxes" being applied to Governor Huckabee.

Have all here spent any time in Arkansas?  It arguably qualifies for the most backwards and undeveloped State in the U.S.A., and has held that reputation for a long time.

The questions which aren't being studied, are:

-"Huckabee raised taxes 40% from what previous rate?"

-"Were these taxes essential to either maintain the current developmental level of the State, or to actually raise the living standards of all citizens?"

If taxes are raised and then spent wisely in stimulating the overall development of the State's 'Quality of Life', attracting the best medical practitioners to move into the State, attracting the highest level of scientific research and industry into the State, then a better educated citizenry earn more, the economy grows, unemployment is reduced, and a larger tax base develops as a result of a larger but more prosperous work force.

Most complaints about taxation are justified today because the taxes are levied for all the wrong reasons and misspent on insane projects and programs which benefit only a handful of those least deserving.

Good points.