Author Topic: I'm loosing my job because of my views..  (Read 9059 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
I'm loosing my job because of my views..
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:29:10 PM »
Article 15 of NY State law basically says that real estate brokers can't employ discriminatory workers.

Anyone know of job openings?  ::)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I'm loosing my job because of my views..
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:30:45 PM »
I don't get it, waht did you do wrong?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 12:34:16 PM »
what happened?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »
His employers probably found out about his candidacy on the Loyalist Party ticket.

Offline JR-Obilic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 12:40:50 PM »
Don't let them know who you hate because in this society it will only be used againt you.  Work behind the scenes against those who work against you!  Keep your views in your family, your friends, and re-affirm ur views in all ur actions...  But don't SAY anything to people you don't trust, the enemies goal is to destroy anyone who stands for anything (unlesss they are Islamo-fascists).  If they call you out on it just say you are pro-freedom  ;D.
All or nothing.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 12:43:39 PM »
What kind of work would you like to be doing for now, Vito?

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 12:46:24 PM »
That law doesn't contradict the constitution?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 12:54:11 PM »
A sad sad day for democracy.
I thought USA was the land the free!
I wish you good luck to find a new job!!!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 12:57:29 PM »
A sad sad day for democracy.
I thought USA was the land the free!
I wish you good luck to find a new job!!!

Well, the liberals want to make it The Land of PC. :P

I hope Vito has good luck in finding a job O0

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 01:00:46 PM »
You're getting fired for you're political views? That's bullsh*t! Discriminatory worker? You're not keeping people from looking at properties because of their race or religion.
Sue them for unlawful termination, you'll have those f***ers buy you a new house when your through collecting punative damages from them.

Hey, this is the JEWISH Task Force, lets live up to the name, IS THERE A LAWYER IN THE HOUSE!?  ;D

http://employment.findlaw.com/employment/employment-employee-job-loss/le9_2ten.html

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:20:36 PM by NewYorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »

I'm publicly anti-Islamic. My boss doesn't care, but he found out that if he is affiliated with me his license will be taken away due to anti-discrimination laws.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 01:30:40 PM »

I'm publicly anti-Islamic. My boss doesn't care, but he found out that if he is affiliated with me his license will be taken away due to anti-discrimination laws.

Tsss. That means you're a pariah in New-York if you oppose Islam?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 01:34:19 PM »

Well, you can't be anti-anything in NY. But yes, definitely a pariah when anti-Islamic.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »

Well, you can't be anti-anything in NY. But yes, definitely a pariah when anti-Islamic.

Do you know what to do ?
I mean, is this going to be a big problem to find a new job, or is it not predictable?

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »

That makes you a pariah then. ;)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »

Do you know what to do ?
I mean, is this going to be a big problem to find a new job, or is it not predictable?

Shouldn't be a big deal, I just can't go into real estate.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »

Do you know what to do ?

Shouldn't be a big deal, I just can't go into real estate.

well nevertheless, i was worrying when i first read this!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 01:42:42 PM »

Since I can't go into real estate, anything other than that really. I might go back to my old boss.. but it didn't pay that much. We'll see what happens.  

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 01:45:19 PM »

Since I can't go into real estate, anything other than that really. I might go back to my old boss.. but it didn't pay that much. We'll see what happens.  

Well, we hope everything turns out alright. O0

ftf

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »
I think you should be suing someone about this, possibly whoever made that law. Because you are being dismissed due to your political views, which is surely against the American constitution.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 01:57:01 PM »
That law may be unconstitutional. Get a good constitution lawyer and see if you have a case.

If you do have a case, then the publicity of the case may give you the publicity you need to get elected.

Additionally, this may be a good time to start campaigning full time, if you can make a career as a politician you don't need this real estate job.

So yea, speak to an employment and constitution lawyer see what they say.

Or you can apologize for insulting Islam and get your job back. But that is only if you want to coward out, all though I don't think I will blame you.

Good luck with getting a job. BTW, what college degrees do you have and in what field?

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »
What were you doing in your old job, Vito?

kellymaureen

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »
You have VIEWS, so what, have you discriminated, have muslims come to you to buy a house and youve said 'get away from me you smelly terrorists, I wouldnt sell you a mud hut if i was getting 100% commission'?  Told the female muslim to remove her silly headscarf or you wouldnt talk to her?  Forced her to shake your hand?  Having VIEWS isnt against the law, I wonder how many doctors dont like black people, muslims, the Irish etc....yet they would treat them if they came in.  

My views are very well known at work, however if I had to speak to a muslim I would be professional about it, I may be thinking "you smelly terrorist" but I wouldnt say it to them in a work setting.

Sounds like someone is just pressing their agenda, since when is having a discriminatory THOUGHT against the law here, well at least it isnt YET >:(

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »
I think you should be suing someone about this, possibly whoever made that law. Because you are being dismissed due to your political views, which is surely against the American constitution.

The Bolshevic anti-discrimination laws have a strong hold in NY. I would have to sue the system..

newman

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 02:11:07 PM »
Article 15 of NY State law basically says that real estate brokers can't employ discriminatory workers.

Anyone know of job openings?  ::)
Kellymaureen is on the right track.

Vito, you must get legal advice as to what the exact legal interpretation of "discriminatory workers" means.

In my opinion, that would refer to activly discriminating against people based on race, religion, etnicity etc.

Australia has very strict anti-discrimination laws, yet nobody can be sacked because of their personal/political views.
For example: A health worker in a public hospital may be a member of the White Nationalist Movement. But unless he starts wearing swastikas, calling patients 'coons' or telling immigrants to 'go home', he cannot be sacked. Provided he does not act on his beliefs in the workplace there are no problems.

I would suggest that the terms of the law you are being sacked because of would place similar conditions on you and your employer. Unless you have ACTIVELY discriminated agains muSSlims or promoted your views in an obtrusive manner I don't think your employer is breaching the law by hiring you.

Please seek sound legal advice before accepting what could be a gross injustice.