Author Topic: This is Global Warming?  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: This is Global Warming?
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »
That is not a quick resolution, and with deforestation being so bad I don't think it is acheivable.

newman

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 03:26:55 PM »
CO2 from methane would be relesed anyway. CO2 from coal or oil would never be released unless burned. Methane is definitely better than fossil fuels in that reguard.

BTW,

Palm oil is the richest source of bio-diesel. It's by product is a plant pulp that lterally reeks of methane. Purfect opportunity to produce bio diesel for heavy equipment, methane for power stations and light vehicles with the Palm oil plants consuming the resultant CO2.

ftf

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »
Methane doesn't release CO2 unless it is burned, the methane itself in it's natural state is however worse for the environment if it is released to float around than the CO2 it becomes when it is burned.

newman

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »
Methane doesn't release CO2 unless it is burned, the methane itself in it's natural state is however worse for the environment if it is released to float around than the CO2 it becomes when it is burned.

They are both greenhouse gasses. The point is we have to avoid excesses of greenhouse gasses not eliminate them altogether. For that reason, animal and plant based CO2 or methane is 100 times better than fossil based CO2. Especially since the next plant crop will suck up the CO2 that the previous lot released when it's product was burned.

ftf

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 04:00:05 PM »

They are both greenhouse gasses. The point is we have to avoid excesses of greenhouse gasses not eliminate them altogether. For that reason, animal and plant based CO2 or methane is 100 times better than fossil based CO2. Especially since the next plant crop will suck up the CO2 that the previous lot released when it's product was burned.
True, I wasn't disagreeing with your idea, I was just saying that you'd got the wording wrong, you seemed to be saying that CH4 (methane) somehow is CO2... The idea is a good one, it's something I'd push for if I I were in government, unfortunately, I'm not.

newman

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »

True, I wasn't disagreeing with your idea, I was just saying that you'd got the wording wrong, you seemed to be saying that CH4 (methane) somehow is CO2... The idea is a good one, it's something I'd push for if I I were in government, unfortunately, I'm not.

I just love the idea of palm oil plantations sucking up CO2, being used to make both biodiesel AND methane(CH4) that release non-fossil CO2 that is then sucked up by next years crop. Plus the arabs going insane at the lost oil sales!

Here's another idea:

Piggeries producing pork, leather and pig poop (another rich source of methane) and other pig products to put in munitions and public transit systems to deter muSSlim terrorists. The pigs will also be fed on by-products like cotton trash as well as other grains that also suck up CO2 when grown.

Add wind power from our huge coastlines, Solar from our deserts, geo-thermal, bio-mass etc and from a technological POV we are definitely on the brink of energy independence AND cleaner energy. It just takes leadership.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 04:19:04 PM »

I just love the idea of palm oil plantations sucking up CO2, being used to make both biodiesel AND methane(CH4) that release non-fossil CO2 that is then sucked up by next years crop. Plus the arabs going insane at the lost oil sales!

Here's another idea:

Piggeries producing pork, leather and pig poop (another rich source of methane) and other pig products to put in munitions and public transit systems to deter muSSlim terrorists. The pigs will also be fed on by-products like cotton trash as well as other grains that also suck up CO2 when grown.

Add wind power from our huge coastlines, Solar from our deserts, geo-thermal, bio-mass etc and from a technological POV we are definitely on the brink of energy independence AND cleaner energy. It just takes leadership.

Great Ideas.

ftf

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 04:33:20 PM »
Brilliant ideas Newman, I can safely say that if I were the head of a government, of any country, I'd be very happy to put you in charge of all energy issues.

newman

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 04:37:26 PM »
Brilliant ideas Newman, I can safely say that if I were the head of a government, of any country, I'd be very happy to put you in charge of all energy issues.

Thankyou.

But it begs the question: If a guy like me with a 10th grade education can discern this from news and documentaries why are our countries' university educated leaders (with access to the finest minds and learning centres in their lands) dragging the chain?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 04:38:33 PM »

Thankyou.

But it begs the question: If a guy like me with a 10th grade education can discern this from news and documentaries why are our countries' university educated leaders (with access to the finest minds and learning centres in their lands) dragging the chain?

They want to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

ftf

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »

Thankyou.

Cost, and a fear of changing a system that's run for 50 years.

There are also a few worries about how mush space such facilities would take up.

newman

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 04:48:31 PM »

Thankyou.

There are also a few worries about how mush space such facilities would take up.

Obviously there are places for certain things. The Americas, Australia and africa can grow HUGE amounts of oilseed and palm oil, export it to europe as europe exports technology. This is a good cure for the trade/ wealth imballance Bob Geldorf & Co are always crying about. Europe is not suitable for vast plantations but piggeries take up little room. They can even be multi-story! As for the smell..............put them in muSSlim neighbourhoods and NOBODY will notice. :D

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 04:50:11 PM »
Global whinning
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »
Global whinning

lol, I like that word.  ;D O0

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2007, 05:09:15 PM »
The sky is falling!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »
Yes, there is such a thing as global warming. HOWEVER, it's not so much a result of human activity:

Scientists have found that Mars' temperatures have risen. And just like Mars, Earth's temp has also, so it's a milky way thing...unless ofcourse there are aliens on mars polluting it  :::D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2007, 01:51:59 AM »

Thankyou.

Obviously there are places for certain things. The Americas, Australia and africa can grow HUGE amounts of oilseed and palm oil, export it to europe as europe exports technology. This is a good cure for the trade/ wealth imballance Bob Geldorf & Co are always crying about. Europe is not suitable for vast plantations but piggeries take up little room. They can even be multi-story! As for the smell..............put them in muSSlim neighbourhoods and NOBODY will notice. :D
We have a deal Newman.
 8;)
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2007, 02:00:29 AM »
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/midwest-braces-for-more-icy-weather/20071209211009990001

well the fanatic one-worldists claim that global warming is also a climate with more ups and downs, a less
gradually , smooth evolving weather pattern.

I honestly believe that Global warming is an ideology to scare the people, in order to easier rule over them,
a tactic to make oil more expensive, in order to make more profits.

I agree with that.  In the 70s they were warning about a new ice due to human activity, it's scaremongering to get people to agree to more government controls. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2007, 07:52:52 PM »
An interesting trend is that Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is not a very strong greenhouse gas. Methane (CH4) is around 15-20 times stronged than CO2. So we can say that all this rubbish from politicians about greenhouse gases should be ignored.

Yeah and cows produce several tonnes of methane in a couple of days or something, from burping and you know. ;D

The cows are making the situation worse not us. ::)

Methane is a proven, viable fuel but our governments' corporate and OPEC masters will not allow it's advancement.

Burning methane would do GOOD for the environment, making it 1/15th the strength of what it was originally.

Cows, pigs and humans poop just as plant life decomposes and release methane. Burning that methane is DEFINITELY CO2 neutral.
yes, and the solution:
Cleanse all of central africa's population, as well as a big part of china and all ofthe middle east O0

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2007, 08:56:06 PM »
An interesting trend is that Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is not a very strong greenhouse gas. Methane (CH4) is around 15-20 times stronged than CO2. So we can say that all this rubbish from politicians about greenhouse gases should be ignored.

Yeah and cows produce several tonnes of methane in a couple of days or something, from burping and you know. ;D

The cows are making the situation worse not us. ::)

Methane is a proven, viable fuel but our governments' corporate and OPEC masters will not allow it's advancement.

Burning methane would do GOOD for the environment, making it 1/15th the strength of what it was originally.

Cows, pigs and humans poop just as plant life decomposes and release methane. Burning that methane is DEFINITELY CO2 neutral.
yes, and the solution:
Cleanse all of central africa's population, as well as a big part of china and all ofthe middle east O0

Yes, Boer good idea O0