Author Topic: Do you consider what Chaim did to be a terrorist act?  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Frank Cohen

• New JTFer
Do you consider what Chaim did to be a terrorist act?
« on: December 21, 2007, 07:05:13 AM »
Apparantely leftwing New York Times does.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE4DF1039F934A15753C1A961948260

A former head of the Jewish Defense League was sentenced yesterday to 10 years in Federal prison for taking part in a series of ''terrorist bombings'' in the New York area since 1984 to protest Soviet treatment of Jews.

In sentencing the defendant, Victor Vancier, 30 years old, of Whitestone, Queens, Judge I. Leo Glasser of Federal District Court in Brooklyn sternly told him, ''You don't go bombing innocent people to make a point.''

He said he regarded Mr. Vancier as ''a danger to this community'' and, at the request of the Federal prosecutor, Charles E. Rose, he revoked Mr. Vancier's $1 million bail. According to the authorities, Mr. Vancier served as national chairman of the J.D.L. from April 1985 until November 1986. Two Others Sentenced

''It's fair to say he's a little bit nuts,'' the lawyer said. But he asked that Mr. Vancier be spared a term in prison, where he ''would be subjected to attacks and animosity.'' 'Utterly Lawless'

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Do you consider what Chaim did to be a terrorist act?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 07:26:50 AM »
1987 a little behind the times are we,you must of went out of your wy to find it.Does'nt bother me who died?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 07:29:38 AM »
Chaim served his time, and paid for his crime. The law was correct and all sentences filled.

End of story.

Offline Frank Cohen

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 07:35:48 AM »
I just did a little research on him cause I didnt know the full story.

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 07:40:39 AM »
Are you happy now you know? does it make a difference?

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 07:42:13 AM »
Given the circumstances I think it was not a terrorist act. His bombings didn't kill or hurt anyone. I totally admire Chaim for what he did. He gave up his own freedom to help his fellow people. If anything he is a hero.

In my eyes he was demonstrating just it was in a destructive way. He didn't cause any permanent damage. By no means is this a Terrorist act.

Had I been PM of Israel I would have:

1) Tried extradicting him to Israel and grant him immunity from any authorities. 
2) Give him a hero's welcome in Israel upon arrival.

"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 07:47:59 AM »
Given the circumstances I think it was not a terrorist act. His bombings didn't kill or hurt anyone. I totally admire Chaim for what he did. He gave up his own freedom to help his fellow people. If anything he is a hero.

In truth its a fine line, under many anti terrorism laws Chaim would not of come out the way he did. Due to the fact it was pre 9/11 it works in his favour.

Say the same act commited now, then the ICC would be involved.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 08:09:33 AM »
The fact that Chaim spent a day in jail is a crime against humanity. You have whole neighborhoods in brooklyn where literally every single "person" is a member of Hamas or Al Qaeda and they are free to walk the streets.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 08:30:07 AM »
The law is the law fair or not is what allows us to remain civilized.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:43:48 AM »
Chaim never hurt anybody, and didn't do what he did, to entirely innocent people either.

It was an act of demonstration, was it not?! He was making his point and it certainly got him listened to.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
NO WAY!
 However under the Bolshevik establishment today, Chaim would be considered just as bad or even worse just to show the Musslim Nazis that they don't hold a grudge against them... because after all 'Islam is a Beautiful religion' and only a few are responsible for terrorism, most Musslims are peaceful and wonderful people. The Media would jump all over this story today and literally crucify Chaim just to build bridges with Musslims.  >:(

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 08:56:45 AM »
Chaim never hurt anybody, and didn't do what he did, to entirely innocent people either.

It was an act of demonstration, was it not?! He was making his point and it certainly got him listened to.

Very true.

Chaim destroyed property. He never killed a single person.

I think you have to kill atleast one person before you can be considered a terrorist.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »

Very true.

Chaim destroyed property. He never killed a single person.

I think you have to kill atleast one person before you can be considered a terrorist.

He shouldn't be called or even considered a terrorist, when the term is used to describe the actions of people who have killed thousands of innocent civilians. A terrorist a couple of decades ago, aren't the same terrorists that blew up the twin towers. The word itself is too leniant for the people who committed these crimes, but now that it is used it is completely unfair and invalid to call what Chaim did an act of terrorism.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 10:25:20 AM »
I think you're asking the wrong question.
What would Chaim be if he didn't take action to defend Jews?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »
no and he didn't kill anyone either...

The problem is that the Pals are more legitimate to these fools than Chaim.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 11:22:53 AM »
President Ronald Reagan correctly branded the Soviet Union as "The Evil Empire".

Chaim's actions against the oppression of his people were not "terrorism".

Maybe a misdemeanor charge of "malicious mischief" or "disturbing the peace" might apply, but if I was a judge I would have dismissed even these charges.

What kind of American government is it that kowtows to evil Communist regimes while prosecuting its own citizens for resisting brutal dictators?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 11:31:54 AM »
Re:  "...The law is the law fair or not..."

True enough.

But Justice must be tempered with Mercy when appropriate.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 11:32:15 AM »
I feel there is a big difference between terrorism and making a statement via a violent action.  Chaim, like most of what I've read about the Irgun and Lahey, tried not to hurt any civilians on purpose, while the terrorists of our day focus on both civilians and military targets.  

The fact that Chaim, and his group, tried to draw attention to the mass immoral agenda at work during his day, and currently happening today via the Arabs, NAU, NWO etc. what he did was for pure shock value and to bring attention to an issue.

Perhaps if there were more Jews of similar integrity today, Israel would be catering to murderers and awarding our land to the Nazi Muslims for an internationally recognized but not honored piece of toilet paper...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »
I prefer to think of Chaim as a freedom fighter, definitely not a terrorist.

Yes, he used non-lethal terror to help free oppressed Jews being held captive, tortured and murdered by an evil regime.

This is definitely a case where the ends justified the means.

I'm not against terrorizing terrorists. And the real terrorists in this case were the Soviet pigs holding my Jewish brothers and sisters captive, unjustifiably imprisoning them under the harshest conditions imaginable, and murdering them whenever they felt like it.

Thank G-d Rav Kahane, Chaim, and other Jewish heros refused to allow this travesty to continue and acted to finally stop it.

If the legal establishment wants to think of Chaim as an ex-terrorist, fine.

As far as I'm concerned, the world can use more 'terrorists' like Chaim.

Kiwi

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 06:18:04 PM »
Re:  "...The law is the law fair or not..."

True enough.

But Justice must be tempered with Mercy when appropriate.

Which was Mercy that Chaim was handed by the Judge.

Property in many major legal systems are worth more than human life.

Example steal say $100,000 you will face 3-6years, kill a person in a car you can face 6 months -1 year if that. Thats here in Australia.

Property crime you can do 2 years up.

What will never sit well with me is the method Chaim used.

Reason behind what he did I support. But I don't support the use of bombs in any form, useless controlled by the military.

There is a fine line and by no fault of oneself, can be easily crossed.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »
No.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 06:25:35 PM »
at most it should be consired vandalisim.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »
at most it should be consired vandalisim.

It's all about the method used huh. Blow it up, terrorism. Light it on fire, arson. Destroy it with a sledge hammer, vandalism. The end result is all the same, the car is totaled.

So beating it into a pile of mangled metal and broken glass with a sledge hammer is the way to go to minimize legal consiquences, probably a hell of a lot of fun too.  :::D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 08:57:54 PM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 09:37:28 PM »
No No and No

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 09:41:57 PM »
No!