Author Topic: Ron Paul's Stance on Israel  (Read 2864 times)

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
Ron Paul's Stance on Israel
« on: December 24, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »
This is from JTA Breaking News:

Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul says his foreign policy would benefit Israel.

Mainstream Jewish groups have shunned Paul, a U.S. congressman from Texas upsetting his party's presidential field. His lonely anti-war candidacy, once thought of as a long shot, is now competitive with front-runners in fund raising.

Paul has long opposed defense and other assistance to Israel, a policy consistent with his opposition to all foreign aid. He also has said the pro-Israel lobby is too influential in Washington, another statement that is consistent with his disdain for foreign policy lobbying.

In a statement released Wednesday to JTA, the Paul campaign cast those beliefs in a pro-Israel light. It reads, in part:

"I do believe that our current policies toward Israel are doing more harm than good to those we profess to support. Our foreign military aid to Israel is actually more like corporate welfare to the U.S. military industrial complex, as Israel is forced to purchase only U.S. products with the assistance."

Paul said, "We have adopted a foreign policy that has left Israel surrounded by militaristic nations while undermining Israel’s sovereignty by demanding that its foreign and defense policies be essentially pre-approved in Washington."

He adds later, "The United States should take care of its own sovereignty while at the same time respecting the sovereignty of nations like Israel. That is the best way to preserve security and prosperity for all."
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ron Paul's Stance on Israel
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:21:47 PM »
This is one of the reasons I am seriously considering voting for Ron Paul. This would be very beneficial to Israel.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 12:49:33 AM »
I agree. Outside of what Chaim and other forum members say about Ron Paul, I don't see any evidence that he's a Nazi who is anti-Israel or antisemitic. When I first heard him speak, I thought that his non-interventionist policy would be exactly what JTF would be in favor of and that his economic stances sounded very much like the statements made by Reuven ben Avraham. But Chaim vehemently disagreed with this assessment when I posed this question to him.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 01:54:49 AM »
You are all forgetting that while he would cut off foreign aid to Israel, he would give all the weapons that he is no longer giving to Israel to all his Islamic buddies in Iran and Saudi Arabia. This is a vicious anti semite who shuold drop dead.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 02:14:01 AM »
You are all forgetting that while he would cut off foreign aid to Israel, he would give all the weapons that he is no longer giving to Israel to all his Islamic buddies in Iran and Saudi Arabia. This is a vicious anti semite who shuold drop dead.

Is there any direct evidence of this?

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 02:23:11 AM »
It's common sense. It's the same concept as Bill Clinton bombing Serbs but he wouldn't dare bomb a muzzy country.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 02:27:49 AM »
It's common sense. It's the same concept as Bill Clinton bombing Serbs but he wouldn't dare bomb a muzzy country.

Right. He is being passive aggressive with his anti semitism
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 03:02:12 AM »

Right. He is being passive aggressive with his anti semitism

What anti-semitism?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 03:06:50 AM »
He is clearly anti Israel. He supports Iran having the Bomb he would never support Israel in a fight. And he voted against supporting Israel. This wasn't even a funding bill it was just vote to say you support Israel and he was one of only 23 members of congress to say no and one of only 2 Republicans
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 03:56:42 AM »
Anyone who thinks that Ron Paul is not an anti semite should ask Chaim himself about it and lets see what he says.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 04:58:33 AM »

No, Ron Paul said that he will not give any aid to any country including the Arab countries. His policy is not to help anyone, not just Israel but the Arabs too.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 05:20:57 AM »
He's still a nazi too me especially meeting Don Black ;D >:(

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »
He's still a nazi too me especially meeting Don Black ;D >:(

He is definitely a Nazi sympathizer.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 02:28:14 PM »
any one who would vote for ron paul in my opinion dosn't desirve to be jtf member.after all what mr.chaim sad for him you would still vote for him!are you guys are nuts?he is terrible for u.s.,for israel and for all world.he should't be even mention in jtf.ron paul's stance on israel,haha,yeah he is standing on israel and chouking it.DON'T EVEN MENTION HIS NAME AGAINE IN JTF!and i am sure that mr.chaim would agree with me!
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline jerry1800

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2007, 03:04:40 PM »
a dangerous psychopath

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 04:36:12 PM »