Author Topic: WHO WENT PRIVATE SCHOOLING? I DID  (Read 3494 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
WHO WENT PRIVATE SCHOOLING? I DID
« on: January 04, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »
I spent my education life in the Catholic schools.  Nuns were tough as nails,
strict and sometimes vicious.  But at the end it was worth it cause they
do send a solid education to students.   I am for private education compared to the
Public schools,  the public schools are zoos.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: WHO WENT PRIVATE SCHOOLING? I DID
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »
I also went to private school, Christ the King Regional H.S.
I had an Awesome Time there...  O0

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »
I went to both, public school and then to a Yeshiva. Public school- like a zoo, Yeshiva- Great.
 In public school their were allways fights, being in the yard meant that one had to watch his back and make allies that would help eachother out in a fight. As kids got older some introduced and brought weapons to school.
 But in Yeshiva it was extremly different. People took care of eachother, sure their were fights but usually not that much physical and expecially not in school.
 Also the teachers were more friendly and like Family in Yeshiva, they cared more, even though they didnt make a good salery, they still cared and would teach and help out even after class during a break (if someone came and asked).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

kellymaureen

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »
I went to Niagara Catholic.  We arent Catholic but youre right the education is better and my parents liked the strict rules and the idea of uniforms.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »
In Belgium 70 % of the school are Catholic, and they are funded by the government.

I went all my life to these schools, except for my 15-18 years I went to zoo.

That was really nice, as I had virtually no problems there, as I had studied much more on the other school.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 03:05:19 PM »
Saint Ann's for the lower grades till I finished 8th and Saint Francis Prep for High School.  I remember sharing the public buses with students from the public schools they were like monkeys flying out of their cages.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 03:17:32 PM »
The polish state schools used to be in my times better than mayority of private ones, couse the state one especialy the older ones with pre WWII history were more strict and prestigius. I was studing in this kind of school of course ;), but the best ones are private catholic ones run by nouns or monks.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Kiwi

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 06:32:38 PM »
I was public educated, in New Zealand all private schools only teach is how to get on your knees.

All the best education is public there.

Plus all the private schools are Catholic, and flooded with Blacks.

Offline ramen

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 06:34:25 PM »
public educated. private schools peeps were all snobs

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 06:42:42 PM »
not i
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 09:07:19 PM »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 09:08:57 PM »
not i

O0

I'll just add that I went to the one of the top public schools in the country..better or equal to many private schools..so i have no complaints here.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 09:11:03 PM »
Saint Ann's for the lower grades till I finished 8th and Saint Francis Prep for High School.  I remember sharing the public buses with students from the public schools they were like monkeys flying out of their cages.
I'm older then you are MasterWolf but I went to St. Ann's too  :)
Did you have Sister Geraldine?  She was my first grade teacher.  
She was great! Played jump rope with us wearing her habit.  She may have retired by the time you went there but she was pretty young when she taught me.
I went to public HS - it was ok.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 09:21:27 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »
Small world. That's nice to hear though;)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
She was great! Played jump rope with us wearing her habit.  She may have retired by the time you went there but she was pretty young when she taught me.

Wow small world!  Yes! And also Sister Catherine in 4th grade

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 09:44:20 PM »

Actually she was around still teaching when I started,  but Sister Catherine passed err over 15 years ago alread.   I remember Sister Geralidne was also my sister softball coach they use to play QBHAA at Kissena Park.  (Great memories there bullcat)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 10:12:59 PM »

It sure is a small world.  I did not have a Sister Catherine.  

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 10:33:16 PM »

It sure is a small world.  I did not have a Sister Catherine.  

Then you must of remembered Sister Veronica right?  And Father Cunningham was the chief priest of the parish.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 04:51:44 AM »
Yes - I do remember Sister Veronica and Father Cunningham.  Wow -  I haven't thought about them in years! 
Do you remember Father Tom  :o ?  He was weird.  My favorite priest in the Parrish was Father McNulty.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 12:42:25 PM »
Yes - I do remember Sister Veronica and Father Cunningham.  Wow -  I haven't thought about them in years! 
Do you remember Father Tom  :o ?  He was weird.  My favorite priest in the Parrish was Father McNulty.

Wasn't he the one that use to smoke outside the rectory?  I  lived when I was a kid around the corner from the school.   Now I live in Bayside.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 03:28:45 PM »
Private now, public but faith school when i was younger. The classes are a lot smaller in private.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 04:22:30 PM »

Wasn't he the one that use to smoke outside the rectory?  I  lived when I was a kid around the corner from the school.   Now I live in Bayside.
Yes - that was him.
I lived on the other side of Main.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 04:26:23 PM »
Both you and Master Wolf went to the same school? ??? :)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »
I went to a private Jewish Day school from 6-8 grades. I learned a great deal there. But oh, how those bratty little punk kids harassed me every day where I needed to constantly fight them off. If that wasn't bad enough , the ignorant administrators would believe their lies and wouldn't believe my truthfullness.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 06:28:10 PM »
Both you and Master Wolf went to the same school? ??? :)
I'm a little older then MasterWolf - so not at the same time - but we grew up in the same neighborhood.  :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:02:10 PM by bullcat3 »