Author Topic: Are You Evil If You Don't Want Kids?  (Read 12766 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Re: Are You Evil If You Don't Want Kids?
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
People may change their mind about things but so what?

People should be free to have the lifestyle of their choice as long as they're not harming others or forcing others to take part. Calling those who opt not to have children (for whatever reason) 'evil' is over the top. Muderers, terrorists and rapists are evil. To put the childless-by-choice crowd in with them is just silly.

Agreed, if it means that the Govt must not interfere in private life. But according to Torah, those who belive in it, should have children if they are able to.
And if you hold that anyone is free to choose his life style, who do you hate gays?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:56:13 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »

newman

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »

People should be free to have the lifestyle of their choice as long as they're not harming others or forcing others to take part. Calling those who opt not to have children (for whatever reason) 'evil' is over the top. Muderers, terrorists and rapists are evil. To put the childless-by-choice crowd in with them is just silly.

Agreed, if it means that the Govt must not interfere in private life. But according to Yorah, those who belive in it, sjould have children if they are able to.
And if you hold that anyone is free to choose his life style, who do you hate gays?

There is no commandment for gentiles to reproduce in the 7 laws.

My problem with gays is their promotion of their lifestyle and demands for the religious to be silenced. Nobody cares what sins they commit in private. That's between them and G-d.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »

Agreed, if it means that the Govt must not interfere in private life. But according to Yorah, those who belive in it, sjould have children if they are able to.

My problem with gays is their promotion of their lifestyle and demands for the religious to be silenced. Nobody cares what sins they commit in private. That's between them and G-d.

Yoy are right, the commandment to reproduce is not mantioned in the 7 laws. However if you are married, or have sex, you must rememmber that several contraceptive methods are forbideen to Gentiles. Besides, most Noahide sites, recommend that those who want to limit the number of children they have, they should use a permisible method, ONLY after having had at least one boy and one girl.

newman

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2008, 03:07:36 PM »

Yoy are right, the commandment to reproduce is not mantioned in the 7 laws. However if you are married, or have sex, you must rememmber that several contraceptive methods are forbideen to Gentiles. Besides, most Noahide sites, recommend that those who want to limit the number of children they have, they should use a permisible method, ONLY after having had at least one boy and one girl.
You cannot invent sins......that's a sin in itself.

Just because something is a good idea, you can't say it's a sin NOT to do it.

It's a good idea to go to university but it's not a sin if you don't.

The 7 laws are the bare  minimum expectation, not a high ideal.

Some people will have large families others will have no family. Man will continue regardless.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2008, 07:06:56 PM »
Continuity is the main reason I'm NEVER having kids. If the little bugger turned out like me, I'd drown it.

LOL, I've had the same thought. :::D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
It's crazy calling people evil who don't want to have kids.    Actually,  it's a stupid thing  to say that, because you turn people away from JTF.  I consider myself a loyal Jew, I would like to see the Arabs out of Israel.  I don't want Israel to give away any land, whatsoever.     It's  just I dont want kids, I only want to be responsible  for myself.  I want to continue on the path toward financial freedom.  You can call people like me greedy,evil, etc.,  but that's ok.   

newman

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2008, 07:44:21 PM »
It's crazy calling people evil who don't want to have kids.    Actually,  it's a stupid thing  to say that, because you turn people away from JTF.  I consider myself a loyal Jew, I would like to see the Arabs out of Israel.  I don't want Israel to give away any land, whatsoever.     It's  just I dont want kids, I only want to be responsible  for myself.  I want to continue on the path toward financial freedom.  You can call people like me greedy,evil, etc.,  but that's ok.   

"greedy"?..........fine.

"selfish"?...........maybe.

But "evil"?.............That's too strong.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2008, 07:46:06 PM »
Well, do you want the Bible thinks or not?  Didn't it say "be fruitful and multiply"?
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2008, 07:52:54 PM »
When people call us evil for not wanting kids, its just plain dumb talk

newman

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2008, 07:54:33 PM »
Well, do you want the Bible thinks or not?  Didn't it say "be fruitful and multiply"?

It also says "plough your fields" and "plant your vines" but not everybody has to be a farmer.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »
The Bible says that G-d killed Yehuda's (one of Yacov's children) second son because he didn't want to have kids.  He took his brother's wife after he died but didn't want to have a kid to carry the name of his dead brother.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 07:57:35 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »
Oh please, God has more important  people than me to kill  :::D

newman

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2008, 08:06:53 PM »
The Bible says that G-d killed Yehuda's (one of Yacov's children) second son because he didn't want to have kids.  He took his brother's wife after he died but didn't want to have a kid to carry the name of his dead brother.

Jews are commanded to have children in the 613 mitzvot. Gentiles are NOT commanded to do so in their 7 mitzvot.

So gentiles have a choice re: child birth.

As for Jews, if they break a mitzvah (such as covering their head) are they evil, too? Breaking a mitzvah may be a sin, but calling it "evil" (like you'd call a nazi, muSSlim or rapist etc) is too much.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2008, 08:09:45 PM »
Well, that was before the Torah was given so technically they only had to observe the 7 laws of Noah.  But your answer is very good as I can't bring a proof from their since perhaps G-d expects more from one of Jacob's sons than from a Gentile.  So your answer is a good refutation  8)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2008, 08:13:16 PM »
Oh please, G-d has more important  people than me to kill  :::D

The standards apply to His understanding, not ours. Anyway what if from your seed were supposed to come some important, great people. You would never know if you dont have kids. Also if you dont plan on marrying and having a wife and family, are you working on being totally celibit? Someone who says he doesn't want to get married, usually is either fooling around (which is huge sin in of itself for Jews), or is gay or something.
 Also the more children the (Jewish) parents have the closer they bring the world to its completion thus the quicked Moshiah will come (the souls in the Guf have to be emptied for Moshiah to come). - So those with more children can state and be propd of that they brought Moshiah quicker.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

newman

« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
Well, that was before the Torah was given so technically they only had to observe the 7 laws of Noah.  But your answer is very good as I can't bring a proof from their since perhaps G-d expects more from one of Jacob's sons than from a Gentile.  So your answer is a good refutation  8)

It'd good to be a goy!

We can avoid the expense of children AND eat bacon! :D

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »
well most of you already think that i am evil but i have absolutely zero desire to have children.

Honestly they are too expensive and i would rather love myself a little bit more than have to have a dependent.  Maybe that will change when i get older but... i doubt it.  Plus most people should not have kids because they put the kids into bad situations where they are not able to look after them properly and that only furthers the problems that our society is having because kids grow up with TV as their moral compass.

bullcat jr.

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »
I can't stand children.

Also, I don't like anything in the house that poops.

what! you like me right?  ???

newman

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2008, 10:54:32 PM »
I can't stand children.

Also, I don't like anything in the house that poops.

what! you like me right?  ???

Oh I like you!

I can see how you turned out. ;)

I should rephrase my comment to...."I don't want children unless Bullcat breeds one for me".

How's that? :)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2008, 10:54:38 PM »

The standards apply to His understanding, not ours. Anyway what if from your seed were supposed to come some important, great people. You would never know if you dont have kids. Also if you dont plan on marrying and having a wife and family, are you working on being totally celibit? Someone who says he doesn't want to get married, usually is either fooling around (which is huge sin in of itself for Jews), or is gay or something.
 Also the more children the (Jewish) parents have the closer they bring the world to its completion thus the quicked Moshiah will come (the souls in the Guf have to be emptied for Moshiah to come). - So those with more children can state and be propd of that they brought Moshiah quicker.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2008, 11:29:53 PM »

That is nonsense. 

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2008, 11:45:17 PM »

Tzvi- No doubt in my mind,  I'm not having kids, and I'm not getting married, (however I will continue to date women.)   Marriage will not be a possibility with anyone, UNLESS, there is a prenup, which almost no girl will sign!  ( Gee, I wonder why they don't want to sign the prenup).    There's a lotta guys out there like me. We're the practical men,  who learn from the mistakes of other men.   We don't want to end up financially ruinned for life.     60% percent divorce rate, I'm not risking everything I ever worked for,  (My house, pension etc).  What's mine stays mine!   There is just about a 2 in 3 chance of divorce.   Thats not good odds.   Not at all, my friend.   Never mind the schvartzas, none of them get married. So the divorce rate with them is almost 0%.  

newman

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »
It's not just the divorce settlements. Even if you have a prenup there's still child support. Now I know nobody begrudges paying for their kids but the ex-wife gets the child support and the father has no control.

The way child support is calculated is also unfair. I knew a senior manager in a manufacturing concern who took home less money than the cleaner after his child support payments came out of his salary.

"Go forth and multiply" is fine but the Child Support Agency and greedy divorce attornies didn't exist when that was written down.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2008, 11:55:45 PM »
Newman, (you have a lot of common sense) that is case in point, why I won't have children.  I'm glad you brought that up.  Right on the money, no pun intended.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2008, 02:02:16 AM »
I'm leaning towards not having any! O0
We are probably the only two Kahanists on the planet who feel this way. I only want to adopt, and if the L-rd so wills, I won't be having any bio kids.

(Of course, this may be self-fulfilling prophecy, as the number of right-wing women out there who only want to adopt can be counted on half of one hand.  :()