Author Topic: I DID A MITZVAH TODAY  (Read 5835 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: I DID A MITZVAH TODAY
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 05:56:36 AM »
They were very righteous when they expelled Jews from Gush Katif and Northern Shomron and destroyed their homes.

Its a shame that they did and a mistake that they hopefully learned from (land for peace). But lay off the IDF - IF IT WASN'T FOR THE COURAGEOUS IDF THERE WOULD BE NO ISRAEL.

Who won the war of Independence? The 6 day War? and who saved us from total distruction in Yom Kippur? Who guards our borders and prevents suicide bombers from blowing us up?

The IDF was following orders. The people that should be Tar and Feathered is the people in the government that set an evil policy like that. Here in America people don't know of such things our army has never had to remove American citizens from their homes by force and G-d willing they will never have to.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 06:10:37 AM »
They were very righteous when they expelled Jews from Gush Katif and Northern Shomron and destroyed their homes.

Its a shame that they did and a mistake that they hopefully learned from (land for peace). But lay off the IDF - IF IT WASN'T FOR THE COURAGEOUS IDF THERE WOULD BE NO ISRAEL.

Who won the war of Independence? The 6 day War? and who saved us from total distruction in Yom Kippur? Who guards our borders and prevents suicide bombers from blowing us up?

The IDF was following orders. The people that should be Tar and Feathered is the people in the government that set an evil policy like that. Here in America people don't know of such things our army has never had to remove American citizens from their homes by force and G-d willing they will never have to.

We need to differentiate between the corrupt generals (future politicians) and the poor, rank & file Jewish soldiers (who face jail when disobeying orders) when we criticise the IDF.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 07:05:12 AM »

We need to differentiate between the corrupt generals (future politicians) and the poor, rank & file Jewish soldiers (who face jail when disobeying orders) when we criticise the IDF.

Exactly the Pollies and Government come and go, but the grunts stay the same.

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 08:56:21 AM »

This is how I view it:
The individual soldiers themselves who defend Israel are righteous, but the IDF as an organisation can't be called righteous as it blindly follows any instructions given to it.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 09:48:16 AM »

Hashe-m.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 10:08:05 AM »
Hashem.
Are you saying that Hashem was down there gunning the arabs wearing an olive uniform ?

I don't agree with you. Hashem helped us in many ways during the wars but he didn't single handedly win it for us. 
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »
Hashem.
Are you saying that Hashem was down there gunning the arabs wearing an olive uniform ?

I don't agree with you. Hashem helped us in many ways during the wars but he didn't single handedly win it for us. 

You believe that a weak army beat all of those huge armies? Fact is that Hashe-m was behind all the miracles during the war (and actually every day). If Hashem wanted, the army would loose, since he didn't they won. All the honor belongs only to G-d, and not the army.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »
I understand your point but you underestimate the courage of the soldiers in the IDF.

Changing the question a little bit. Where was G-d when they anhiliated 6 million of our people in ww2 ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 10:47:58 AM by Merkava »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 11:21:21 AM »
Merkava:  "...Where was G-d when they anhiliated 6 million of our people in ww2 ?..."

Rabbi Meir Kahane stated that the Holocaust was a divine punishment, both for our abandoning Torah, and also for our making peace with the Exile.

Our Sages have written that "living in Eretz Yisrael is the equal to observing all of His mitzvot".

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »
Kahane was a remarkable man. He is always soooo precise to point out what and why he has an opinion.
A true leader of the real Israel.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »
I understand your point but you underestimate the courage of the soldiers in the IDF.

Changing the question a little bit. Where was G-d when they anhiliated 6 million of our people in ww2 ?

If you learn Torah, you will understand. G-d gave warnings for the sins, and their were punishments, this subject was stated and written by different Rabbanim who explain these things, (the sins in this life, previous life, and many other things). Now is not the time, but if you want to know you can find out if you do some Torah reserach, read some books, etc. But the question to ALL of these questions is that G-d causes everything "good" and semilgly "bad".

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »
Rambam says that giving someone a job is the highest form of tzedaka.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 11:46:19 AM »

thankyou  :)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 11:49:08 AM »
lubab:  "...Rambam says that giving someone a job is the highest form of tzedaka..."

There you have it!

I'm going to buy push mowers for all the schwartzes and have them mow my lawn!

It's a good thing Rambam said nothing in that quote regarding "paying" them!

;D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 11:51:58 AM »
lubab:  "...Rambam says that giving someone a job is the highest form of tzedaka..."

There you have it!

;D
Nice joke :D
Seriously,
Aren't you stealing if you don't pay an employee?
Stealing is forbidden!!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 09:44:52 PM »

There you have it!

;D

I just hope people get Massuh's jokes because they are DELICIOUS! ;D
Ever consider a career in radio?
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2008, 11:23:34 PM »
What is thick?

newman

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2008, 11:35:40 PM »
I read that, too and it always impressed me. It's the same principle as teaching a man to fish instead of giving him a fish.

The idea is that if your brother/neighbour is out of work, it is better to buy him a hotdog or icecream cart so he can earn his own income instead of giving him money every week and causing him shame. Isn't that so?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 12:10:02 AM »

There you have it!

;D
Just be sure you don't have any fruit trees...

Bava Metziah says they can eat on the job...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2008, 12:12:34 PM »
MassuhD:  I'm going to buy push mowers for all the schwartzes and have them mow my lawn!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OdKahaneChai:  "...Just be sure you don't have any fruit trees...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the last time I looked, pigsfeet, KFC, & watermelons didn't grow on trees!

:::D

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »
Markava, You have good judgement. I know you made a good choice.
Thankyou brother....I hope I have  :)

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »
What is thick?

Thick is the equivalent of dumb. Like a dumb blonde.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »
MassuhD:  I'm going to buy push mowers for all the schwartzes and have them mow my lawn!

OdKahaneChai:  "...Just be sure you don't have any fruit trees...

Well, the last time I looked, pigsfeet, KFC, & watermelons didn't grow on trees!

:::D
Then just DON'T have Tyrone pick watermelons!  It says that he can only eat from what he's working on.  So let Juan do that, and then have Tyrone pick the oranges...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 08:41:33 PM »
I read that, too and it always impressed me. It's the same principle as teaching a man to fish instead of giving him a fish.

The idea is that if your brother/neighbour is out of work, it is better to buy him a hotdog or icecream cart so he can earn his own income instead of giving him money every week and causing him shame. Isn't that so?

That's exactly right.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 11:15:26 PM »
What is thick?

Thick is the equivalent of dumb. Like a dumb blonde.

Hey! Blondes aren't dumb, some are just special.