General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Scriabin

<< < (17/21) > >>

Sarah:
What do you do for a living?

Ari:
Scriabin, how did you tell Sarah to breathe.  I need to work on this too.  When I go to the gym I can't breathe afterwards.  Also, I am working on your advice not to think.  Do you think a labotomy would be helpful?  You're the man.  Keep up the good work. O0

Scriabin:

--- Quote from: Ari on February 26, 2008, 08:49:45 PM ---Scriabin, how did you tell Sarah to breathe.  I need to work on this too.  When I go to the gym I can't breathe afterwards.  Also, I am working on your advice not to think.  Do you think a labotomy would be helpful?  You're the man.  Keep up the good work. O0

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Ari.  Here's what I told Sarah:

"Take long, slow deep breaths and breathe into your belly.  Your belly should expand and contract as you breathe.  Never hold your breath."

I forgot one thing.  Always inhale through your nose, never through your mouth.  This is a sign of bad health.  Furthermore, breathing through your mouth makes a person more susceptible to colds.

Scriabin:

--- Quote from: Sarah on February 26, 2008, 05:32:18 PM ---What do you do for a living?

--- End quote ---

I'm a professional musician/music teacher.

Ari:
Thanks Scriabin.  Sounds good, similar to what I learned in a Yoga class I used to take in the gym.  How about exhaling?  Through the mouth, or both inhale and exhale through the nose?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version