Poll

Would you eat it when it becomes kosher?

Yes.
6 (50%)
No.
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Would you eat pork when it becomes kosher when The Mashiach comes?  (Read 18131 times)

admin

I would not eat it. Just the though of it is disgusting. I don't even like to eat vegetarian pepperoni in pizza at kosher pizza stores.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Would you eat pork when it becomes kosher when The Mashiach comes?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »
WHAT? The Mashiach will say that pork will become kosher?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:24:28 PM »
Really?  Pork becomes kosher when the Mashiach comes?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 08:02:55 PM »
No, its not the laws that will change G-d forbid, but the nature of the pig. G-d never said dont eat pig, pig is not Kosher because it is not an animal that Chews in Cud, but it does have splitt hoves. The Ben Ish Chai explains that will the Torah be canceled? G-d forbid, BUT what will happen is that the nature of the pig will change, where it will chew its cud (which would then make it a kosher animal).  (Also im not exactly sure if everyone agrees if this is something that will change in nature or this is an allegory to something else- for example (what I think) Edom is referred to as "the pig", maybe it has something to do with that. Or both. BUT for sure everyone agrees that no Mitzva will be canceled ever.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 08:26:43 PM »
No! Pigs are the most disgusting animal they are flooded with disease and are just plan unhealthy
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »
I will never eat pork for all eternity! O0

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »
I hate pork, but I'm not a Jew. Regarding Chazir in Hebrew, it sounds similar to the Arabic name for pig. Once, the only muslim I ever met told me that it means "devolution". Even if he doesn't believe in the Evolution Theory, he says that the rest of living beings develop and improve, but the pig is in "devolution", gradually "retutning" to pre-Craetion state and so it affects people who eat it.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »
Are Noahides allowed to eat pork?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:42:24 PM »
I think so, Scriabin, but double check with some other members to be sure. :::D

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 08:47:19 PM »
Are Noahides allowed to eat pork?
Yes, Noahides are allowed to eat any sorts of animals providing they have previoulsy killed them. Except homo sapiens. lol

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »
I think so, Scriabin, but double check with some other members to be sure. :::D

I actually like pork.

(I'm just being honest, not trying to irritate members of the forum.)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
I can accept the allegory to Edom idea, but come on.  Certain animals are not going to literally start chewing cuds just because the Moshiach comes.  Cud-chewing is a biological function of ruminants.  Will the pig grow a new stomach too so this can take place?  There is not one scripture that indicates this.  Why stop at the pig?  Maybe camels will start being born with cloven hoofs and then they can be eaten too.  Maybe shellfish will develop fins and scales.  And the root of "chazir" might mean return, but what is the pig "returning" to if it becomes kosher?  It never chewed the cud before, and wasn't created to chew the cud.  I could make up just as good of an answer.  It means all the pigs in Israel will "return" to all the Gentile nations they came from when Moshiach comes.  Or maybe it has nothing to do with Moshiach and means that if a Jew ever buys a pig, he must "return" it.

You dont understand. I personally have heard it but not indepth, BUT it is discussed amoung the sages and not camels, so it is valid. G-d changing the nature of an animal is not too-farfetched because G-d is Allmighty and even if you want Miracles He did make many Miracles in the past and will in the future.
  Whether it will happen or not is not hard to belive, If G-d wants it can happen, if it wasn't meant to, then it wont physically happen, either way its not a problem.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 09:04:19 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »
If it is written that the lion (or wolf) is going to lie with the lamb...meaning carnivores will become herbavores, then I highly doubt humans will desire to eat any type of animal in the World to Come.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
If it is written that the lion (or wolf) is going to lie with the lamb...meaning carnivores will become herbavores, then I highly doubt humans will desire to eat any type of animal in the World to Come.

Thats a remez (allegorical). + maybe this is talking about the time after Moshiah (which will last until the year 7,000).

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »
If it is written that the lion (or wolf) is going to lie with the lamb...meaning carnivores will become herbivores, then I highly doubt humans will desire to eat any type of animal in the World to Come.

Thats a remez (allegorical). + maybe this is talking about the time after Moshiah (which will last until the year 7,000).

What will happen after the 1,000 years are up?

I also heard that when Moshiach comes, all holidays will be abolished except for Purim and Yom Kippur. Kippurim means "like Purim". But why would people say this if it is a commandment in The Torah that we will have to go to The Temple 3 times a year in The World To Come and that even Righteous Gentile will be required to make the pilgrimage to Jerusalem every Sukkot?

I dont have that exactly in my mind right now, but I remember that the Rabbi asked will it really happen that the holidays will be canceled? NO, but ...... - Its not literal you have to read the whole thing and the commenteries to really understand. Sometimes straightfoward literal understandings of the sayings of the Sages could make us think the wrong things.

About after 1,000 - I dont really know except the little here and their that I heard (but very little and its not that important right now I belive).

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 10:50:10 PM »
The Lubavitcher Rebbe stated that in the Days of Moshiach the possibility of the pig becoming clean is possible.

One thing's for certain...should that day ever come, the Jews will take over the Bar-B-Que Restaurant business!   :::D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 05:53:15 AM »

So it's allegorical like reincarnation.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 06:15:11 AM »
No! Pigs are the most disgusting animal they are flooded with disease and are just plan unhealthy

Pig share 95% of their DNA with humans, and are used as organ donors.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 03:12:28 PM »
I know this is irrelevant but muslims believe that when the messiah comes, which will be Jesus, he will remove pigs from the earth.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 03:15:31 PM »
I know this is irrelevant but muslims believe that when the messiah comes, which will be Jesus, he will remove pigs from the earth.

Muslims believe the Messiah will be Jesus?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 03:17:32 PM »

Muslims believe the Messiah will be Jesus?

Yep and they also believe that when Jesus does return he will rule for 40 years......this happening towards the end of the world.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 04:13:01 PM »
PORK WILL NOT BECOME KOSHER WHEN THE MASSIAH COMES. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:35:45 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »

So it's allegorical like reincarnation.

Nice try. Gilgulim are not allegory.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 02:43:32 AM »
If it is written that the lion (or wolf) is going to lie with the lamb...meaning carnivores will become herbivores, then I highly doubt humans will desire to eat any type of animal in the World to Come.

What will happen after the 1,000 years are up?

I also heard that when Moshiach comes, all holidays will be abolished except for Purim and Yom Kippur. Kippurim means "like Purim". But why would people say this if it is a commandment in The Torah that we will have to go to The Temple 3 times a year in The World To Come and that even Righteous Gentile will be required to make the pilgrimage to Jerusalem every Sukkot?

Re: What will happen when...
We will start over a new world. There are many other worlds we will go through corresponding to the Sefirot. This 7,000 year period is Chesed within Gevurah which is why it appears so difficult (but really has a lot of good inside). The next world I believe will be chesed of chesed and things will be a lot easier. :)

Re: When Moshiach comes..

I agree with Tzvi on this. The holidays will still exist just not in the same way they do now. They will be "batul" nullilfied, because everyday will have the holiness of a holiday but they will still be observed and will remain in existence.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 04:52:21 AM »

Pig share 95% of their DNA with humans, and are used as organ donors.

Monkeys share 99% DNA. :::D