Author Topic: Barack Husssein Obama's Name  (Read 9261 times)

Just Erica

Re: Barack Husssein Obama's Name
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 02:06:18 AM »
bullcat3:  "...The fact that he would like to keep his middle name a secret speaks volumes..."

So true.

If he had any sense of common decency, the first thing he would have done upon achieving legal age, would have been to go to court and have his name legally changed to an American name...something like Barry Henderson O'dell!
Oh, because that's what 'righteous blacks do' huh? He is one of the very few American born blacks who actually has a name directly linked to Africa. I wish I had one to call my own. But I have an English name (which is beautiful) but I wonder what it would be like to have an African name anyway. I think he did great by not changing his name. Also, if he HAD changed his name, you'd still be bashing him now..saying how "He's trying to hide his African background!" or better yet, still having the argument we're having now "He's a closet Muslim! Look at his name!"  ::)

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 02:09:35 AM »
Simple Erica. He's engaged in deception or what is known in Islam as taqiyya.

Just Erica

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 02:10:50 AM »
What's more puzzling to me is why McCain wants to hide Obama's middle name. I thought he was running AGAINST him! Even if it doesn't mean conquerer or anything like that, I'm not comfortable having someone with a Muslim name be president.
How would you feel if someone who had a Jewish name was runing for office but no one would vote for them because of their name? That doesn't sound right. I think that saying his name then stopping at Hussein is a personal attack and an attempt to link him with Saddam Hussein. If people say it enough, idiots will actually believe that they're related. Calling him by his first, middle, and last names isn't a bad thing...it's how you do it that can have a negative affect with people who hate him.

Just Erica

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2008, 02:13:34 AM »
What you're saying is just like what people said his First and Middle names meant. Lies. He didn't decieve anyone. He's been straight with us since he came on the scene 3 years ago. Why do you want him to fail so badly? (That's not a question to make you vote for him.) Is it necessary to speak untruths about him when all you have to do is vote against him?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 02:20:44 AM »
How would you feel if someone who had a Jewish name was runing for office but no one would vote for them because of their name?

It's the official policy of JTF not to endorse a Jewish president. I believe Chaim said the majority of Jewish politicians simply wouldn't be a good choice and he explained why but I don't remember all the details. The gist of it though as far as I can remember was that righteous Gentiles should run Gentile nations and Jews should run Israel.

That doesn't sound right. I think that saying his name then stopping at Hussein is a personal attack and an attempt to link him with Saddam Hussein.
If people say it enough, idiots will actually believe that they're related.

Both were brought up in a Muslim background.

Calling him by his first, middle, and last names isn't a bad thing...it's how you do it that can have a negative affect with people who hate him.

We're trying to remind people of just who they may be voting for.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 02:22:16 AM »
What you're saying is just like what people said his First and Middle names meant. Lies. He didn't decieve anyone. He's been straight with us since he came on the scene 3 years ago. Why do you want him to fail so badly? (That's not a question to make you vote for him.) Is it necessary to speak untruths about him when all you have to do is vote against him?

Erica.. thats such an obvious answer... No one would vote for him if they thought he was a Muslim.  Everything Baraq Hussein does is calculated to appeal to the lowest common denominator a full spectrum of American voters.

He knew from the beginning he'd have to hide his Muslim heritage if he ever wanted to attain the highest position in American politics. 

Just Erica

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 02:23:29 AM »
Barack isn't the term usually used in arabic for blessing or blessed. It is Baraka. So I think you're over exaggerating this bit

Hussein literally means the "handsome one". It is a very common surname, and middle name.

I think to bash him for his name, is just a useless attack. At the end of the day a name doesn't speak of a persons character or personality. Somebody could have a wonderful name that reflects goodness but still behave like the devil.

However, i don't think Obama should be president....even though i'm not American.....i just think he'll cause a big racial crisis, chaos and inexperience to the white house. At the same time, America will decline and go into recession because of him.

no one is judging because of his name, we are using his name because he claims not be a muslim

So you are judging what he is i.e muslim, from his name.

no because he claims not to be a muslim, and his names are pure muslim names, if hes not muslim why would have muslm names
His first name is AFRICAN... his Middle name is ARAB.. .his LAST NAME IS AFRICAN. He has those names because he was BORN WITH THEM. Did you pick out your name while in utero? If his name was Tyrone or LeRoy, you'd have a field day here, saying how 'ghetto' his name sounds or 'is'... instead the man has authentic names that can be defined.

Just Erica

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 02:29:22 AM »
How would you feel if someone who had a Jewish name was runing for office but no one would vote for them because of their name?

It's the official policy of JTF not to endorse a Jewish president. I believe Chaim said the majority of Jewish politicians simply wouldn't be a good choice and he explained why but I don't remember all the details. The gist of it though as far as I can remember was that righteous Gentiles should run Gentile nations and Jews should run Israel.

Ruby, what if a American born Jew or even a Native Israeli who is a legal citizen of America for 35  years wants to run for President? Is it a rule that they shouldn't run?

That doesn't sound right. I think that saying his name then stopping at Hussein is a personal attack and an attempt to link him with Saddam Hussein.
If people say it enough, idiots will actually believe that they're related.

Both were brought up in a Muslim background.

Actually, Ruby...they weren't both brought up in a Muslim background. Obama went to a school in Indonesia that accepted ALL faiths, not just muslims. He didn't go to a madrassa like everyone said he did. The last time I checked, Muslims wear muslim garb everywhere ...even in school. In his elementary school in Indonesia, the kids dressed like 'kids' in regular clothing...wanna see a picture?

Calling him by his first, middle, and last names isn't a bad thing...it's how you do it that can have a negative affect with people who hate him.

We're trying to remind people of just who they may be voting for.
Why do you have to do that? We have our own minds for a reason. We do research on our own, righ? Why do you have to make people's minds up for them to vote for or against someone? Why is it your job?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 02:37:15 AM »
Why do you have to do that? We have our own minds for a reason. We do research on our own, righ? Why do you have to make people's minds up for them to vote for or against someone? Why is it your job?

Most people don't do their own research before they vote. They just watch the ads and maybe see a random mainstream media pundit or news broadcast once in a whle.

Part of the mission of JTF is to be an alternative media.

Just Erica

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2008, 02:43:43 AM »

Erica.. thats such an obvious answer... No one would vote for him if they thought he was a Muslim.  Everything Baraq Hussein does is calculated to appeal to the lowest common denominator a full spectrum of American voters.

He knew from the beginning he'd have to hide his Muslim heritage if he ever wanted to attain the highest position in American politics. 

He's denying he was ever a muslim...and has for years. Is he still hiding? As a matter of fact, there are voters who don't even care whether he's Muslim or Christian. They're not voting for God or Allah, they're voting for a man or woman who can make a difference.

The problem is that there is a stigma in America that if your name isn't John Smith, that you must be too ghetto, too this or too that to do anything worthwhile. Shaniqua will never be a brain surgeon, Barack can never be President, Jesus (HAY ZOOSE) will never be city councilman, Thurgood will never be a Judge, Condoleeza will never be a fixture in the white house FOR 8 years!, Aretha will NEVER be a famous singer, Edmonia will NEVER be a famous sculpture, Bessie will NEVER become the first black female pilot in the world.

Names mean absolutely NOTHING. Its what you do with your life that makes the impact.

Just Erica

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2008, 02:53:14 AM »
Barack isn't the term usually used in arabic for blessing or blessed. It is Baraka. So I think you're over exaggerating this bit

Hussein literally means the "handsome one". It is a very common surname, and middle name.

I think to bash him for his name, is just a useless attack. At the end of the day a name doesn't speak of a persons character or personality. Somebody could have a wonderful name that reflects goodness but still behave like the devil.

However, i don't think Obama should be president....even though i'm not American.....i just think he'll cause a big racial crisis, chaos and inexperience to the white house. At the same time, America will decline and go into recession because of him.

no one is judging because of his name, we are using his name because he claims not be a muslim

So you are judging what he is i.e muslim, from his name.

no because he claims not to be a muslim, and his names are pure muslim names, if hes not muslim why would have muslm names
His first name is AFRICAN... his Middle name is ARAB.. .his LAST NAME IS AFRICAN. He has those names because he was BORN WITH THEM. Did you pick out your name while in utero? If his name was Tyrone or LeRoy, you'd have a field day here, saying how 'ghetto' his name sounds or 'is'... instead the man has authentic names that can be defined.

even if his middle name is muslim/arab proves that he is a muslim so why does he lie and say that hes not a muslim
It proves nothing. There was a black female singer named Aaliyah. Her name is Arabic and means "High, sublime"...Was she a muslim also? Some black people choose Arabic or African names specifically for meaning, not for religious purposes. Take "Hakeem" for instance. The name "Hakeem" means 'wise, intelligent' and is ALSO Arabic. Is he Muslim also?

I'm not particular about what other people name their children but you have to choose whether to hate blacks for having names which are 'too ghetto' for you  to pronouce, or ' too meaningful' for you to take seriously.

Just Erica

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2008, 03:08:51 AM »
Ericka, could you name one thing obama has done
Yes, Obama  sponsored a Senate amendment to the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to provide one year of job protection for family members caring for soldiers with combat-related injuries. This is particularly important to me because my husband is an active duty servicemember who'll be deploying soon. We all know that the government looks at disabled veterans of our services as if they're wastes of space. It's a shame that the President vetoed the amendment even after Congress appoved it...the majority of the votes being bipartisan.

He's done more than that...but you only asked for one thing.

Want to know more? Visit   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#Senate_career

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2008, 03:24:06 AM »
By the way, Aaliyah's brother was in a couple of classes with me in college.  Nice guy.  I remember he came in and told us all about how he got to go with her to the Oscar's one year.  It's a shame what happened to her.  I was very sad when I heard it.  It was only a couple years after we graduated.

Just Erica

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2008, 03:54:56 AM »
By the way, Aaliyah's brother was in a couple of classes with me in college.  Nice guy.  I remember he came in and told us all about how he got to go with her to the Oscar's one year.  It's a shame what happened to her.  I was very sad when I heard it.  It was only a couple years after we graduated.
At that time, I was out of high school about 10 years and living in Okinawa with my husband and children. When she died, I thought someone had played a horrible joke on me. But as the day went on and the news reports rolled in, one on top of the other I became saddened. I didn't know her but I loved her voice and her dance moves. :) She was tops.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2008, 07:12:15 AM »
The fact that he would like to keep his middle name a secret speaks volumes.
He didn't keep his middle name a secret. We've known for 2 years what his middle name is. Also, if he's such a "proud muslim" why would he have to hide his middle name, bullcat?
I am really amazed how well the main stream media has taken to Obama. It seems each day they prop him up a bit more. In the debate between Hillery and Obama last week the fact that the moderators were trying to bash Hillery's brains in showed very clearly . Now I don't have much use for either of the Democrats but seeing Hillery always answering first at then watching Obama answer second tweaking Hillery's answer a bit to give it his personal touch was comical. Obama is the new boy on the block. I want to here what he has to say not see him take Hillery's lead and run with it. As far as the name goes he is clearly showing me and other folks that are skeptical of this guy that he is trying to hide the fact that he has muslim roots. Why get upset about a middle name? He became agitated at the debate about Faracan, about the Pastor of his so called racist church and his middle name. He had a hard time distancing himself from Faracan and got steamed up when they asked about the minister of his church and his connections to Faracan. Its not the middle name that is the problem its the fact that the name is the door knocker to all the other issues Obama really doesn't want brought out into the open.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Just Erica

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2008, 07:59:37 AM »
The fact that he would like to keep his middle name a secret speaks volumes.
He didn't keep his middle name a secret. We've known for 2 years what his middle name is. Also, if he's such a "proud muslim" why would he have to hide his middle name, bullcat?
I am really amazed how well the main stream media has taken to Obama. It seems each day they prop him up a bit more. In the debate between Hillery and Obama last week the fact that the moderators were trying to bash Hillery's brains in showed very clearly . Now I don't have much use for either of the Democrats but seeing Hillery always answering first at then watching Obama answer second tweaking Hillery's answer a bit to give it his personal touch was comical. Obama is the new boy on the block. I want to here what he has to say not see him take Hillery's lead and run with it. As far as the name goes he is clearly showing me and other folks that are skeptical of this guy that he is trying to hide the fact that he has muslim roots. Why get upset about a middle name? He became agitated at the debate about Faracan, about the Pastor of his so called racist church and his middle name. He had a hard time distancing himself from Faracan and got steamed up when they asked about the minister of his church and his connections to Faracan. Its not the middle name that is the problem its the fact that the name is the door knocker to all the other issues Obama really doesn't want brought out into the open.

Louis Farrakhan and Obama's pastor went to a country together in 1984. Where was Obama at that time? NOT IN THE PICTURE. There was no need to even ask that question even after Obama denounced Farrakhan's compliment (because he didn't give anything to his camaign...endorsements come with cash, you know.) Then Farrakhan made a back handed compliment about Obama's roots with a white mother. As if he was amazed that "a white devil" could give birth to such a brilliant man. (Sarcasm). Obama is no fool. If he was with Farrakhan, he would've answered straight up, that he accepted him. It says a lot to me that he denounced him.
Get angry at the polls. Vote against him. Don't slander his name because he was unfortunate enough to have the same name (and same sounding name) as evil Muslims. Get angry because you don't like his policy, don't get angry with him because his pastor hung out with Farrakhan when I was in 4th grade... 24 years ago before Obama was interested in the Presidency or the U.S. Senate, for that matter.
He never covered up anything. He wrote a book years ago with the information in it. THen it came up in the 04 senate debate, I believe. (Must.Google.) His father was born a Christian, he became a Muslim later (after he left Obama's mom) then became agnostic. His stepfather was Indonesian and is said to have been Muslim but that info is choppy at best. But that still doesn't make Barack someone who followed the faith seriously. It wasnt' like he was an adult and had made the decision to follow Islam principle by principle. He joked around a mosque (allegedly) with friends and probably didn't understand a word said there. The school he went to was nothing like the Islamic Schools you guys are talking about. It accepted every religion. (Allegedly) his stepfather signed him in as Muslim. I read in that article that someone said he was in Religion class... If he was in Religion class studying the Koran, where was every other faith of child at the school? In Religion (Buddhist) class? Religion (Catholic) Class?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2008, 07:19:21 PM »
Erica, members on this forum don't hate him because of his name. That's just merely an aggravating factor. This is not a "what's in a name" phenomenon since if he were to doff his name, he would be retaining any beauty in anyone's eyes on here. With anyone that is loathed, names are created for those people, eg. Hillary "Sodom" Clinton. But with Barack Hussein Obama, there's absolutely nothing more that can be added except to state his full name and let the sounds and the rhymes speak for themselves. But the name makes absolutely no difference in how he's going to be perceived on this forum. Many people would say that if his name were John Smith, he wouldn't be taken as seriously. I would also retort that if his name were John Smith, he would still be hated and loathed just because he's black. My personal reluctance for him has nothing to do with his race. I don't think that he's some type of Darth Sidious the way many people on here think he is. But I do think he's another John F. Kennedy in waiting who might very well end up making some very bad policy decisions if he is elected president.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:47 PM »

My problem with Obama isn't his race, it's his positions, he'd be a disaster for America (as would Hilary, McCain doesn't thrill me either but I'll take him over the other two, like choosing to have a broken leg over getting cancer), the fact that Obama Hussein has also got a nefarious background, is simply the icing on the cake.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Just Erica

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2008, 07:35:46 PM »
Erica, members on this forum don't hate him because of his name. That's just merely an aggravating factor. This is not a "what's in a name" phenomenon since if he were to doff his name, he would be retaining any beauty in anyone's eyes on here. With anyone that is loathed, names are created for those people, eg. Hillary "Sodom" Clinton. But with Barack Hussein Obama, there's absolutely nothing more that can be added except to state his full name and let the sounds and the rhymes speak for themselves. But the name makes absolutely no difference in how he's going to be perceived on this forum. Many people would say that if his name were John Smith, he wouldn't be taken as seriously. I would also retort that if his name were John Smith, he would still be hated and loathed just because he's black. My personal reluctance for him has nothing to do with his race. I don't think that he's some type of Darth Sidious the way many people on here think he is. But I do think he's another John F. Kennedy in waiting who might very well end up making some very bad policy decisions if he is elected president.
There is a difference between the way you and New Yorker see obama in a negative light and the way others see him in a negative light. YOU don't like his opinions...there is nothing wrong with that. After all, I said I'm not trying to get anyone to vote for him. I'm actually saying to vote against him for the right reasons. We as democrats and republicans are never going to see eye to eye on this issue. But that's what the ballot is for. Please vote against him if he doesn't bring to the table the issues you hold dear.