Are You Jewish? (according to Halacha)

Yes
43 (66.2%)
No
20 (30.8%)
I'm not sure
2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: how many Jews are in the forum?  (Read 41023 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: how many Jews are in the forum?
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2008, 11:27:33 PM »

Not to be confused with people linking the reform/conservative movement to the shabbetai tzvi who believed in being righteous through sin. There is some basis to that too.. I have read rabbi antelman's "to eliminate the opiate" vol 1 and 2, and I have checked his references, largely "the messianic idea in judaism" by gershom scholem.  But really you don't need to speculate or go into that..

Reform, based on what the reform leaders have said themselves. Is just not worth the time of day.

This from David Friedlander - wikipedia
" Friedländer's open letter (Sendschreiben) "in the name of some Jewish heads of families," stated that Jews would be ready to undergo "dry baptism": join the Lutheran Church on the basis of shared moral values if they were not required to believe in the divinity of Jesus and might evade certain Christian ceremonies.
"

And it mentions moses mendellsohn.. Rabbi antelman published his ordination certificate which has sabbeatean codewords.. very odd.
And sabbeteans believed in being righteous through sin. some still exist today (donmeh west website)

But you can see enough just looking at todays reform/liberal/conservative ministers.. As I said, as examples. neuberger , jonathan romain, e.t.c.
They are not sinister sabbateans.. Just idiots, cultural jews with some weak attachment to being jewish.

I've heard a lot and read a lot about this Rabbi Antelman.  Do you think he is right about what he says?  Was it really a Sabbatean cult?  I haven't read the books yet but I would like to look into it.  I'm just wondering if he is overly speculative or if he really has solid evidence on his general thesis that the beginnings of Reform and cons movements were sabbatean.  I've heard him talk on the israel national radio program and he sounded absolutely convinced of his conclusions...  Just wondering what you thought about the quality of evidence.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2008, 12:34:22 AM »
Rabbi Antelman's work is an accurate and true documentation of the Sabbatean cult and its still ongoing damage to all Jews.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2008, 12:50:13 AM »

Not to be confused with people linking the reform/conservative movement to the shabbetai tzvi who believed in being righteous through sin. There is some basis to that too.. I have read rabbi antelman's "to eliminate the opiate" vol 1 and 2, and I have checked his references, largely "the messianic idea in judaism" by gershom scholem.  But really you don't need to speculate or go into that..

Reform, based on what the reform leaders have said themselves. Is just not worth the time of day.

This from David Friedlander - wikipedia
" Friedländer's open letter (Sendschreiben) "in the name of some Jewish heads of families," stated that Jews would be ready to undergo "dry baptism": join the Lutheran Church on the basis of shared moral values if they were not required to believe in the divinity of Jesus and might evade certain Christian ceremonies.
"

And it mentions moses mendellsohn.. Rabbi antelman published his ordination certificate which has sabbeatean codewords.. very odd.
And sabbeteans believed in being righteous through sin. some still exist today (donmeh west website)

But you can see enough just looking at todays reform/liberal/conservative ministers.. As I said, as examples. neuberger , jonathan romain, e.t.c.
They are not sinister sabbateans.. Just idiots, cultural jews with some weak attachment to being jewish.

I've heard a lot and read a lot about this Rabbi Antelman.  Do you think he is right about what he says?  Was it really a Sabbatean cult?  I haven't read the books yet but I would like to look into it.  I'm just wondering if he is overly speculative or if he really has solid evidence on his general thesis that the beginnings of Reform and cons movements were sabbatean.  I've heard him talk on the israel national radio program and he sounded absolutely convinced of his conclusions...  Just wondering what you thought about the quality of evidence.

Alot of his book is guilt by association.. He finds some connections or allegations of connections between a few leading reform ministers, and the sabbatean movement.

Nothing proving that -this was the beginning of the reform/conservative/liberal movement.

Here are some examples.

Regarding a "Rabbi" Weiss for example..  he mentions a book written by a woman that claims he had sex with her over a table, and said some verse.  Rabbi antelman - who often consulted with one , maybe two professors that were experts on sabbeteans.. comments that she was not aware but that is a verse said by sabbeteans.. (sabbeans have their own anti torah theology that takes some crazy interpretations of verses in tenach to support them)

He quote gershom scholem`s findings, of some letters, that show that a leading reform/liberal/conservative minister is from a sabbetean family  (may have been zecharia frankel)

I actually read an article in a left wing anti religious jewish british paper - "the jewish chronicle".. in an article in the JC , 24th jan 2008.
an article called "The Messiah Of Turkey" Revealing the life and
legacy of shabbetai sevi.
  The article discusses the research of mancunian(born in manchester,
britain) writer Aubrey Ross.

Aubrey Ross is quoted in that article as writing or saying "there is even a sabbatean reform movement, and I`ve met 2 sabbateans in london, one of whom is a reform rabbi".

--
I mentioned already about moses mendellesohn (not a reform jew himself), but one of the first to teach an assimilated judaism, that undermined belief..  His children converted out of judaism, to christianity.

So.. he has hit on something..

Rabbi antelman also quoted a book, I could not get hold of.. Titled something like "The golden chain".. Which seems to discuss geneologies.

He goes way back,before Karl Marx..
And he shows that you had lots of rabbis.  Great rabbis, fighting the sabbetean movement.. Rabbis like Rabbi Yaakov Emden, and others. And then you had sabbetean families.  A sabbatean married into that rabbinical family, and it split off...
One side assimilated , and came up with Karl Marx.
The other side stayed true to torah and battling evil..   Rabbi Antelman said that Rabbi Kahane   is a descendent of this side of it.. The good side.  

Some things he mentions are very odd, and does not prove.  He said that Hitler was born on purim / 12 months after purim - to the day..(the significance being that sabbateans would have an orgy on purim, and if you count 3 months to conceive, then 9 months pregnancy, that is 12 months - so purim again).  It was something like that anyway.

I emailed rabbi antelman for evidence of the date he mentioned for Hitler`s birth.  He said he found Hitler`s birth records in a jewish court, (rabbi antelman says Hitler had a jewish ancestor , I think on his father`s side)  He said he didn`t make a copy of the birth records, but another witness to the records is Rabbi (Dubovick?) of Beitar.

So as you can see..
Some of the things he says are well documented.
Some are not well documented.
But even the well documented things just show connections here and there.

No doubt he takes it for granted that the numerous number of connections is evidence of something bigger..  

The JC article about the sabbetean movement is big news .. That came years after he published his vol 2. So he clearly was on to something with the many connections he found with sabbeanism and reform leaders. But it`s not firm proof..

His contents is different to chamish, of course. Style is alot better than Chamish`s.  is that he has good references, and his book is organised.. Though he does not cover anywhere near as much ground as Chamish..  (and Chamish does document the rabin thing fine)..

By the way..
Chamish , who mentioned how bad the original secular zionists were (prior to revisionist zionists like jabotinsky)
chamish mentions
this book.. Sabbatean Messianism as Proto Secularism .... by this rabbi prof avrum ehrlich. Here is his site discussing his book
http://www.avrumehrlich.net/sabbatean.htm
"
And apparently that documents something things better than rabbi antelman`s. Check this out
It is curious that Israel’s first and second Prime Ministers, David Ben Gurion and Moshe Sharett and her second president Yitzchak Ben Zvi had lived and studied in Istanbul and embraced the concept “lehitatmen”, Hebrew for “to become an Ottoman”. Ben Zvi is alleged by some to be descendent of a Sabbatean family . Sharett served in the Ottoman army in WW1. Ben Gurion gave up Russian citizenship for Ottoman citizenship, something many others in Eretz Yisrael were afraid to do. Israeli Presidents Ben Zvi, Zalman Shazar and to a lesser degree Yitzchak Navon became students of Ottomanism. The first two undertook research and wrote important works on Sabbateanism, indicating that the subject touched a nerve with their own identities as Jews who were deeply attached to their traditions, possessing messianic – Zionist aspirations but not religiously observant.
"

So yeah.. there are things going on here.. numerous connections.. very suspicious.

You won`t get signed statements from these people anyway.. And there isn`t firm proof. Just connections.

Don`t throw the evidence out because it is just "connections".. But don`t treat it like solid proof either.
It`s certainly things to bare in mind..

And of course, Ben Gurion is not a hero who if you go behind the scenes becomes a villain.  It is well known that in the Altalena incident , he ordered yitzchak rabin to fire at menachem begin and begin`s men, the irgun. Destroyed hte ship too.. Which contained numerous weapons that would have belped in the 1948 war.  He just wanted his army the haganah(now known as the IDF), to the run the show, and not the irgun.  And he was more than willing to kill jews.

And as mentioned.. you don`t need to go behind the scenes to find out how bad reform/conservative/liberal are.. just listen to their spokesman.. saying they don`t believe in a personal G-d you can pray to.

You won`t convince a skeptic with this sabbatean evidence.. it is scatty and disconnected..  You may not convince yourself either, because the picture is SO incomplete and there is no firm proof or disproof of any big conclusion.. But as I said.. the evidence(there aren`re really any conclusions) are certainly worth baring in mind, and it is cause for suspicion.  Even if it is not convincing.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:52:51 AM by q_q_ »

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2008, 01:32:41 AM »
dr. dan... i'm very proud each and everytime i get banned... because i know i've said things that need saying and is stuff that people who are corrupt don't want coming out...

as far as your openmindedness i'd keep your day job if i were you... you are about as open as a can of tuna fish without a can opener...

all i can say in your regard about this issue is... "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him jump in and swim..." (i know the expression is "make him drink" but i wish to butcher the phrase to mess with you and be facetious)... nik. out...
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2008, 01:48:37 AM »
q_q very interesting.  I did read about Rabbi Yaacov Emden and his fight against sabbateanism, mentioned briefly in this Jewish history book I was reading called Miraculous Journey by Rabbi Yosef Eisen.  There were some very mysterious things going on in the midst of that controversy.

What was even more evil about that altalena incident with ben gurion is that there was already an agreement worked out with the Irgun over the delivery of this ship.  They knew exactly what was on it and Ben Gurion arranged the agreement with the Irgun.  He admitted this in his memoirs.  So when they opened fire it was completely unexpected.  And Begin's Irgun WAS already willing to subject itself to authority of the Haganah command and to incorporate into their overall fighting force.  This was nothing more than an ambush, based solely on political rivalry and hatred.  Ben Gurion sought to eliminate his opponents, in a sort of continuation/rebirth of 'the Season' collaboration with the British against Irgun and Lehi in 44.  This tradition has been carried on by the leftists of modern times.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2008, 07:47:14 AM »
dr. dan... i'm very proud each and everytime i get banned... because i know i've said things that need saying and is stuff that people who are corrupt don't want coming out...

as far as your openmindedness i'd keep your day job if i were you... you are about as open as a can of tuna fish without a can opener...

all i can say in your regard about this issue is... "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him jump in and swim..." (i know the expression is "make him drink" but i wish to butcher the phrase to mess with you and be facetious)... nik. out...

I don't plan on leaving my day job, actually.

But if mind to you is as closed as can of tuna fish, you're head is stuck inside a vaccuum with your vile hatred of Jews.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2008, 04:13:05 PM »
Hmmm, I've lost track of what's going on here!
Why don't we just return to the original question. Yes or No. No need for me to answer, lol.
And what's all this talk about me being single? Yes, I am stuck with that tittle, I'm an old maid  :'(

A young maiden.  BIG DIFFERENCE!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2008, 04:40:39 PM »
Hmmm, I've lost track of what's going on here!
Why don't we just return to the original question. Yes or No. No need for me to answer, lol.
And what's all this talk about me being single? Yes, I am stuck with that tittle, I'm an old maid  :'(

A young maiden.  BIG DIFFERENCE!

LOL, yeah I know I'm still young, I mean I'm in my 20s and all, but at my age my mom was married with kids. So...the title society gives someone who doesn't have a husband or boyfriend is an "old maid". NOt that I even want to date but that's my "honorary tittle".

But thanks, I like your title A LOT better!

I had in mind even if you weren`t young..

You don`t look like you age quickly.. So you`ll still look in top form well into your 30s, so don`t worry about age!

In your 40s you`ll look like you`re in your 30s, so that`s still very good. If you are married by then, (you probably will be),  you`ll have a very happy husband   

And by the time you`re in your 50s, well, almost all women are somewhat past it at that stage. But hopefully you`ll be settled by then. 50 is a long way off!!

Remember, that former member - I won`t mention his name - He thought you were an actress..  For obvious reasons.. Putting you and "old maid" in the same sentence is a travesty of justice.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »
I was going to be Jewish but I just can't handle that not eating pork thing.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2008, 09:44:39 PM »
I'm not a Jew!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2008, 03:32:02 AM »
yeah they're ugly alright... but who are they...? nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline chocolatecookie

• New JTFer
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
I was going to be Jewish but I just can't handle that not eating pork thing.

Bah; easy solution; have chicken bacon instead :P

Or in my case, I'm a vegetarian, which means it make eating kosher very easy :P

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »
dr. dan... no... you are mistaken... i do not hate any jews... my hatred is directed at unjewish jews... erev rav jews and satanic jews... that is all... nik. out...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 09:14:31 PM by nikmatdam »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2008, 09:01:58 PM »
dr. dan... no... you are mistaken... i do not hate any jews... my hatred is directed at unjewish jews... erev rav jews and stanic jews... that is all... nik. out...

you shouldn't hate...you should simply correct...

by hating a Jew and therefore not rebuking him/her properly, you end up doing the other evil thing.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »
that should have been satanic jews... anyway don't give me all that psycho-babel... turning the other cheek is is in the a flse bible... we jews are supposed to throw the other fist even against our own when they become traitors and a threat to our survival... as the talmud says... "those who are merciful toward the cruel will in the end be cruel toward the merciful..." hatred is a mitzvah... as king david says in psalm 139... "o' L-rd i hate Your enemies with a complete hatred..." hatred is the opposite side of the coin of love... the more you love G-d, israel (jews) and the land of israel... the more passionate is your hatred toward those who would destroy them... like king david was... he stood against jew and gentile who he saw endangering our people's survival... and the more he hated the harder he fought and the greater was the level of his true love for jews, israel, G-d and torah-true judaism... so take a hike with all your excuses for not wanting to hate our far too many enemies... foreign and domestic... jew and gentile... as they and you and jews of your ilk along side them because of your tolerance and "love" for them are a threat to our very survival as a people and as a nation... nik. out...

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2008, 09:38:29 PM »
where are the rest of the Jews? theres more than 33

Make that 32.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2008, 09:57:57 PM »
that should have been satanic jews... anyway don't give me all that psycho-babel... turning the other cheek is is in the a flse bible... we jews are supposed to throw the other fist even against our own when they become traitors and a threat to our survival... as the talmud says... "those who are merciful toward the cruel will in the end be cruel toward the merciful..." hatred is a mitzvah... as king david says in psalm 139... "o' L-rd i hate Your enemies with a complete hatred..." hatred is the opposite side of the coin of love... the more you love G-d, israel (jews) and the land of israel... the more passionate is your hatred toward those who would destroy them... like king david was... he stood against jew and gentile who he saw endangering our people's survival... and the more he hated the harder he fought and the greater was the level of his true love for jews, israel, G-d and torah-true judaism... so take a hike with all your excuses for not wanting to hate our far too many enemies... foreign and domestic... jew and gentile... as they and you and jews of your ilk along side them because of your tolerance and "love" for them are a threat to our very survival as a people and as a nation... nik. out...

I didn't say turn the other cheek...to love also includes rebuke...

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »

Make that 32.

why, if it says 33

After reading most for these posts, I want not to be included in the count.

I honestly remember now why I never moved closer to other Jews.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2008, 10:16:25 PM »

Make that 32.

why, if it says 33

Skippy, certain members here are not the say all to what a Jew really is...don't take anything they might say personally because i certainly do not anymore...Some people are simply nuts!!! Dr. dan out!  :P

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2008, 10:30:53 PM »

Make that 32.

why, if it says 33

Skippy, certain members here are not the say all to what a Jew really is...don't take anything they might say personally because i certainly do not anymore...Some people are simply nuts!!! Dr. dan out!  :P

Oh I don't, I know insanity runs wild here  :::D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2008, 10:42:46 PM »

Make that 32.

why, if it says 33

we need to stick together...by all means I know that we both respect observant jews and honor them.  It's the haters and snobby ones we need to rebuke..remember the key word is REBUKE..not hate... Dan out!  :laugh:

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2008, 12:26:53 AM »
It frightens me to the core that we actually have jews on this forum who consider their fellow jews inferior to them simply because they are slightly different. Hitler didn't pick and choose which jews to kill, he simply killed all of them. Instead of attacking non religious jews, lets try to make them see the light.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2008, 12:29:02 AM »
It frightens me to the core that we actually have jews on this forum who consider their fellow jews inferior to them simply because they are slightly different. Hitler didn't pick and choose which jews to kill, he simply killed all of them. Instead of attacking non religious jews, lets try to make them see the light.

Yes that is. The fellow jews have been "brainwashed" and thinking being anti-jewish and self-hating is in and the new Hollywood American Bolshevik trend to be apart of.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2008, 12:31:22 AM »
Lets be respectful to our fellow jews. If someone comes on this forum and supports kahnist ideas then chancer are he is not trying to copy hollywood.
I am urinating on a Koran.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2008, 05:02:13 AM »

Make that 32.

why, if it says 33

we need to stick together...by all means I know that we both respect observant jews and honor them.  It's the haters and snobby ones we need to rebuke..remember the key word is REBUKE..not hate... Dan out!  :laugh:

I agree mate. I don't hate fellow Jews, I just believe some need to pull their heads out their........